Author Topic: So everyone will be Trans now?  (Read 2671 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
So everyone will be Trans now?
« on: June 17, 2020, 10:04:17 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/xavierck3d/status/1271553486174351360

So Im wondering. And let me make this clear im all for Trans people to have some rep in games and other media. In fact I really liked the trans character in Watch Dogs 2. Felt realistic and not forced.

Now we are seeing people talking about how cool it would be if a new character in Ratchet and Clank would be trans. To me that feels A. forced and B. not the right game for it. R&C is a family friendly game that mostly focusses on kids. Why should we put trans characters in such a game? Will Dora the Explorer talk about how trans people are normal as well? Will she meet a new explorer who is a Trans child?

I have nothing against gay, lesbian, trans or any other orientation (aside from furries, yuck) but what is this obsession with having Trans people or animals in a game?
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: So everyone will be Trans now?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 10:09:18 AM »
Who cares
fat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 10:10:27 AM »
where is this apparent obsession of transgender individuals being put into games and infecting our children's tv shows

Well I saw plenty of people on Twitter hoping that the female Lombax was in fact a Trans Lombax.

To which I said, what would it even matter? Well because we want representation they said.

I just think it's weird to want to shoehorn a certain sexuality into something that clearly doesn't engage with that part of the world.
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 10:11:38 AM »
It's like.. an alien animal thing.. probably with no real backstory, that some artist is implying might actually be a "trans" alien animal thing.

Should be considered pretty harmless even to a transphobe like yourself.

Not sure how I'm a transphobe 🤷🏼‍♂️. I just don't see it as something normal. Probably because it isn't. That doesn't mean I'm against trans people at all though.
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 10:14:17 AM »
Its an alien cat thing, who cares

Please focus on more important things like your nintendo stickers
fat

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 10:22:07 AM »
where is this apparent obsession of transgender individuals being put into games and infecting our children's tv shows

Well I saw plenty of people on Twitter

There's your problem, delete twitter from your phone, block the website on all your browsers
yar

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 10:29:08 AM »

Well I saw plenty of people on Twitter hoping that the female Lombax was in fact a Trans Lombax.

To which I said, what would it even matter? Well because we want representation they said.

I just think it's weird to want to shoehorn a certain sexuality into something that clearly doesn't engage with that part of the world.

who cares what twitter randos and resetera think :trumps
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2020, 10:33:28 AM »
Who cares

This.

And this thread is probably not going to end well, so let's just stop it now.
ど助平