Author Topic: Ubooooring conference  (Read 2058 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Ubooooring conference
« on: July 12, 2020, 03:19:38 PM »

So far its zzzzzzzzzz
What

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: Ubooooring conference
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 03:20:22 PM »
Wow, they're finally bringing out that Tom Clancy mobile game that I pirated the closed beta-test like two years ago. :doge

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 03:24:10 PM »
lmao you can't even log in to their website to get the free game. had to give them access to my twitch account.
pcp

thisismyusername

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 03:24:57 PM »
Ubisoft presents: Ready Player Two. :doge

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 03:26:10 PM »
Im with Alex from Giantbomb, nobody gives a shit why the Battle Royale is happening. You dont need a fucking story
What

thisismyusername

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2020, 03:28:45 PM »
Im with Alex from Giantbomb, nobody gives a shit why the Battle Royale is happening. You dont need a fucking story

Oh, it's a Battle Royale? Hard pass. I had my fill of PUBG, I don't need another.

If it had a traditional shooter mode, I'd look at it. The art-style is slick and the concept seems neat, but I don't need another dead Battle Royale.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2020, 03:29:51 PM »
I survived a pandemic and all I got was this battlepass
What

thisismyusername

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2020, 03:33:08 PM »
I will give Ubisoft commendations: They're at least focusing on the games, even if they have to intersparse a 2-5 min monologue from the developer in-between them.

Publishers are learning?

thisismyusername

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2020, 03:34:13 PM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2020, 03:34:51 PM »
Vikings were farmers
What

paprikastaude

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2020, 03:37:27 PM »
All that dumb lore for a Battle Royale :neogaf

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2020, 03:42:35 PM »
Some mobile games
Watch Dogs 3
Far Cry 6
Assassins Creed Valhalla

That was it

Waste of fucking time
What

paprikastaude

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2020, 03:43:20 PM »
Gods & Monsters dead, Beyond Good & Evil 2 too, to no one's surprise. Remember Skull & Bones?

Ubisoft filling a whole vault with vaporware  :lol Can they and EA just go away. Even Activision I found surprisingly much less obnoxious this gen.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2020, 03:45:21 PM »
The problem is they are so far up their own ass they cant even admit to making mistakes it seems

They are just doubling down on their terrible turds
What

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2020, 03:48:14 PM »
Far Cry in an urban setting could be cool.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2020, 04:04:37 PM »
Gods & Monsters dead, Beyond Good & Evil 2 too, to no one's surprise. Remember ?

Ubisoft filling a whole vault with vaporware  :lol Can they and EA just go away. Even Activision I found surprisingly much less obnoxious this gen.
Gods and Monsters is still a thing but will probably reemerge with a different name.  It was also announced pretty early. Safe to assume Skull and Bones ran into some rough seas ( :awesome ) during development because it completely fell off the map. Also possible they pushed it back given they already have ACV and Watch Dogs Legion for this holiday.

BG&E2 I never had any hope for it tbh. Especially when they started talking about multiplayer and shared universe stuff.

thisismyusername

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2020, 04:32:41 PM »
I actually beta tested multiple Ubisoft games, they were all terrible. I had the most fun with Watch Dogs 2 when I had to test the multiplayer but the entire campaign came with it, so I played through it after the MP test ended. I just stayed in the game and pulled the ethernet plug

:lol
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2020, 04:50:02 PM »
I really didn’t see the need for a press conference...

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2020, 04:54:26 PM »
What

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2020, 05:00:44 PM »
Would you really want a Splinter Cell at this point? It's going to be an open world co-op multiplayer game where you have to stealth thru forts or data centers, if spotted, you get overwhelmed by military mercenaries that are 20 levels higher than you.

It'll take place in Korjastan, the dark web capital of the world.
OH!

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2020, 05:13:50 PM »
We will always have Chaos Theory and Double Agent (OG Xbox ver.)  :goty
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2020, 05:30:02 PM »

Time to  s t a c k  some  r o c k s
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2020, 05:31:49 PM »
wat da hell?
(ice)

thisismyusername

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2020, 05:33:10 PM »
We will always have Chaos Theory and Double Agent (OG Xbox ver.)  :goty

Blacklist was ok. But it had a few areas you couldn't fully "Ghost":

No alerts. Etc.

So that was disappointing, but it was MILES better than Conviction in terms of actual Stealth play.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2020, 05:47:06 PM »
Playing a Splinter Cell game without Michael Ironside  :yuck
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2020, 06:09:20 PM »
One interesting nugget about Far Cry 6 is the game design director, which is Ted Timmins who started his career working on Battalion Wars,
worked on a bunch of Fable games at Lionhead and did a lot of work on Sea of Thieves before moving to Ubisoft Toronto.

We could actually see some significant gameplay changes.
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2020, 06:12:25 PM »
lol
(ice)

thisismyusername

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2020, 06:30:58 PM »
Playing a Splinter Cell game without Michael Ironside  :yuck

I mean, yeah. But post-Chaos Theory, I'd probably list it:

-Double Agent (original X-box) -Blacklist
-Double Agent (X-box 360/PC)
-Essentials (which bar the lack of a right stick is basically a greatest hits of Splinter Cell missions)
-Literally anything else
-Conviction

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2020, 08:01:28 PM »
I’m shocked to discover Farcry 6 and Assassin’s Creed 18 were revealed at the Ubisoft conference.
Yves Guillemot bomb zal droppen, sacre bleu!
©@©™

Rahxephon91

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2020, 08:15:35 PM »
Think a new Splinter Cell should take a page from what Hitman is doing.

Nice open puzzle box levels instead of one big open world with a bunch of shit Ubisoft style things.

I didn’t watch this because quite honestly Ubisoft is pretty much the one game company I really don’t care about. If they closed tomorrow I would not be effected one bit. They really don’t make anything I care about. Even Nintendo makes a few things that interests me.

BisMarckie

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2020, 09:37:58 PM »
I think the new Splinter Cell should include an overarching, absolute batshit insane story about clones and nuclear warfare.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2020, 09:49:11 PM »
Remember Skull and Bones?
Safe to assume Skull and Bones ran into some rough seas ( :awesome ) during development because it completely fell off the map.
Because of how much time I put into the Siege alphas and betas I'm in an uPlay group for "special exclusive betas" and they tried to betatest this recently but didn't get enough members and cancelled it for that battle royale game. I'm probably breaking some NDA I agreed to four years ago by posting this and the Ubisoft execs are going to let their employees rape me now.

thisismyusername

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2020, 09:50:38 PM »
How can they beta-test if they don't let people know?

They should just put it up on Torrent sites as "Secret Project" like the Tom Clancy mobile game did. :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2020, 09:58:56 PM »
I thought it was already out and on sale because that seemingly similar game was on the front page during the Steam sale and I didn't remember the name of the Ubisoft one.

BisMarckie

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2020, 10:00:27 PM »
Wasn‘t that game basically a spinoff from AC:Black Flag?

benjipwns

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2020, 10:34:59 PM »
Yeah, it's like the pirate ships gameplay and stuff from that expanded out into a full game.

It's in development at all the new third world Ubisoft studios (plus Blue Byte lol) as an experience builder for their staff and first time management project for Singapore, Yves already said it might not come out until 2022. I don't think it was really the scale project it was presented as at E3. Not the first time Ubisoft's shown off a limited concept demo as if it's a full game just around the corner.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2020, 04:56:17 AM »
Pretty pointless conference, since it had 3 games to show, all of which they had already announced, plus a CGI for Far Cry 6.

Watch Dogs Legion and AC:V look how you'd expect, i'm liking them, but with the reservations i already had.
I think Valhalla i'll enjoy more than Ghost of Tsushima (which for some reason gets a pass as an open world collectathon :thinking) but i still think the setting is looking a bit bland, and those character models look worse than Odyssey.
Legion looks like it's taking a page from Hitman, and it's an interesting twist that's better than trying to be B-team GTA like all these games try to be.
Far Cry 6 not even worth commenting, since they didn't show anything, and i hate the "makes shift weapons" aesthetic.

As usual people trip over themselves to point out how bad Ubisoft is, but some comments i find hilarious, like "where is Skull & Bones?!", you mean the game everybody shat on for being a shitty spi-off form an unfun AC secondary mechanic? It's like people crying about Scalebound, when every showing of the game, it was shat on for looking like a turd of a game.
Same with people crying about AC number 18069, and then wanting another Rayman 2D platformer or Prince of Persia, truly fresh ideas.  :lol

I wasn't expecting a new Splinter Cell, so i'm no too bummed about it, even though i thought Blacklist was fun as shit, Chaos Theory people are a bit like Blood Money people, they'll never be happy with anything new, and always go on and on about just how perfect their rose tinted game was, ignoring all the dated aspects (like drop down menus, and characters that move like grannies).
Still, the concerns regarding a new Splinter Cell being amalgamated into the new Ubi World Order are valid and reasonable.
They seem like they really want to strike gold with every game now, and they already killed Rainbow Six (though people don't mind about that, for whatever reason).

Svejk

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2020, 06:48:55 AM »
Finally watching the AC segment....  Your character can hold big fat cats....  Fucking sold.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2020, 01:37:28 PM »
Far Cry 6 screens
https://www.gematsu.com/gallery/albums/far-cry-6/july-12-2020/Far-Cry-6_2020_07-12-20_006.png
https://www.gematsu.com/gallery/albums/far-cry-6/july-12-2020/Far-Cry-6_2020_07-12-20_007.png
https://www.gematsu.com/gallery/albums/far-cry-6/july-12-2020/Far-Cry-6_2020_07-12-20_008.png
https://www.gematsu.com/gallery/albums/far-cry-6/july-12-2020/Far-Cry-6_2020_07-12-20_009.png
https://www.gematsu.com/gallery/albums/far-cry-6/july-12-2020/Far-Cry-6_2020_07-12-20_010.png
https://www.gematsu.com/gallery/albums/far-cry-6/july-12-2020/Far-Cry-6_2020_07-12-20_011.png
https://www.gematsu.com/gallery/albums/far-cry-6/july-12-2020/Far-Cry-6_2020_07-12-20_012.png
God, i hate those distinguished mentally-challenged weapons, they completely clash with the dark tone and art direction even in these screens.
And they're never all that creative anyway (how many times have we seen the "recordplayer/CD crossbow"?).
The lighting looks nice though.
Not tooexcited to go back to the tropical setting, like they already gave up and reverted back to nostalgia bait.

Still, FC5 had fun gunplay, so if they can fix the other shit or at least make it not as annoying, and you can play it in coop, it should be good enough for a sale price.

benjipwns

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2020, 02:50:26 PM »
Far Cry games are on sale on uplay store, $2.40 for 3, $4.80 for 4, $7.20 for 5. GMG and GamersGate has them for similar slightly more prices. Steam has them at 80% off which is slightly more yet.

They're 80% off on the uplay store but the UBIFORWARD code takes another 20% off.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2020, 03:57:30 PM »
So FC6 will have crafted weapons again

straight garbo
What

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John