Author Topic: SMT V Trailer  (Read 1343 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
SMT V Trailer
« on: July 20, 2020, 12:18:59 PM »

Shit I totally missed this but here it is  8)
What

Himu

Re: SMT V Trailer
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 01:10:16 PM »
Kaneko designs and possibly the Demifiend? :rejoice

I'm cumming :gladbron
IYKYK

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 01:14:10 PM »
 :rejoice

Bebpo

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 02:03:23 PM »
Kind of surprised they don't have more to show after all this time.

At least the game is confirmed for next year.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 02:28:18 PM »
I really want this to be good, but I need to see gameplay to confirm whether or not your party is made of demons or japanese teenagers (SMTIVA opened Pandora's Box IMO)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 02:30:20 PM »
SMTIVA is awesome so either is fine
fat

Himu

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 02:32:18 PM »
I really want this to be good, but I need to see gameplay to confirm whether or not your party is made of demons or japanese teenagers (SMTIVA opened Pandora's Box IMO)

Old SMT games also had human party members. That's not bad in itself. It's bad when it's about date sim elements and being cute rather than horrific.
IYKYK

Coffee Dog

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 02:42:32 PM »

Old SMT games also had human party members.
Yes but SMTIVA they talk too much and banter between each other like it's Persona. I do not want more lustful teenage assassin's going " Oh Nanashi~~~" in my biblically porportioned holy war game.   :goty Keep that to horny demons and go no further.

I'm gonna be there for the gameplay no matter what though, I just miss the minimalism.

Himu

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2020, 02:45:49 PM »

Old SMT games also had human party members.
Yes but SMTIVA they talk too much and banter between each other like it's Persona. I do not want more lustful teenage assassin's going " Oh Nanashi~~~" in my biblically porportioned holy war game.   :goty Keep that to horny demons and go no further.

I'm gonna be there for the gameplay no matter what though, I just miss the minimalism.

I agree.

I love how minimalist SMT is in the past. Minimal dialogue. Back when SMT3 came out stuck up FF fans shat on it by saying it "had no story". Ten years later, people are jacking off to Dark Souls' minimalist design as if it was unique rather than a specific design philosophy of Japanese RPGs of old.

Hopefully there's minimal dialogue and the Persona people get their panties tied into a bunch.
IYKYK

paprikastaude

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2020, 03:04:33 PM »

Old SMT games also had human party members. That's not bad in itself. It's bad when it's about date sim elements and being cute rather than horrific.

SMT4A had a story built around cookie cutter tropes like power of friendship, comedy sidekicks, having fun with your childhood waifu, evil protag is a blatant doubleganger, etc.
Irredeemable trash. Even though it had good trailers too. That game and Atlus waifu'ing up Strange Journey made me very cautious about 5.

Himu

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2020, 03:11:18 PM »

SMT4A had a story built around cookie cutter tropes like power of friendship, comedy sidekicks, having fun with your childhood waifu, evil protag is a blatant doubleganger, etc.
Irredeemable trash. Even though it had good trailers too. That game and Atlus waifu'ing up Strange Journey made me very cautious about 5.

I haven't played 4A and shame about SJ.

If they do it in SMTV I'll drop the series then.

Thanks for warning me.
IYKYK

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2020, 03:13:01 PM »
so what's the over/under we get models from the cellphone game?  :lol

*edit* which to be clear aren't bad even though the game is not a lot of fun. I imagine the switch could handle them.

also wondering exactly how much development hell/reboots this game has been through. I was hoping for a return to older soul hackers vibes but better this than more idols.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 03:53:37 PM by Akala »

Coffee Dog

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2020, 04:01:59 PM »
so what's the over/under we get models from the cellphone game?  :lol

*edit* which to be clear aren't bad even though the game is not a lot of fun. I imagine the switch could handle them.

(Image removed from quote.)

also wondering exactly how much development hell/reboots this game has been through. I was hoping for a return to older soul hackers vibes but better this than more idols.

You actually are most likely going to get those models, because those are the models from Persona 5.   :doge Atlus the asset reuse gods :bow :bow2

Edit: looking at the demon list for the phone game, there's actually a bunch of new demons that were never in 3D, so I hope those make their way to SMTV as well.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 04:08:43 PM by Coffee Dog »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2020, 04:11:12 PM »
oh lol. to be fair it's been a while. the cell one doesn't have any new ones? I remember seeing Mara in AR mode, wasn't sure it showed up in P5 as I ran out of gas on it before finishing.  :doge

edit* yep they will just use them all.

paprikastaude

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2020, 04:28:33 PM »
I don't think Kaneko is confirmed? Might as well be the 4/A artist. Which would explain why this is another feminine af boy. Just make a girl protag already. Was happy to see female protags in 4 and 4A and then it was just dudes  :doge

Himu

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2020, 04:31:47 PM »
At least it's Kaneko-esque :fbm
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2020, 10:33:40 PM »
Simultaneous worldwide release? :leon

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2020, 12:13:18 PM »
I actually like Dx2. But it has a lot of grind, and gacha which ruins it.

There's even a dungeon crawl mode in it.

Himu

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2020, 06:23:37 PM »
I actually like Dx2. But it has a lot of grind, and gacha which ruins it.

There's even a dungeon crawl mode in it.

Never heard of this before today.
IYKYK

Boredfrom

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2020, 11:48:29 PM »

I haven't played 4A and shame about SJ.

If they do it in SMTV I'll drop the series then.

Thanks for warning me.

Pfft, exaggerations. Feel they are actually trying to improve certain aspects already kind of cliche in SMT (Law faction being always the worse, all your friends becoming enemies, being apathetic of everyone in the setting Given how dark it gets), there is mixed results but I don’t feel they want to go full anime and more about not going full Devilman/Evangelion/*insertyourfavoritejapanesefranchisethatportraystheabrahamicgodasadick*. I still need to finish strange journey. Vanilla four is still better written, thought but is nice that your companions have actual personalities cliche as they are in Apocalypse. (They also had a way better set of antagonists).

There is a super dark route in SMTIVA we’re you kill and lobotomizes your friends, so is not exactly power of friendships all the way if you choose it. And I think you can ignore most of Strange Journey new stuff if you choose it.