Author Topic: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes (Suikoden lives!)  (Read 5317 times)

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Re: Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes (Suikoden lives!)
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2020, 03:54:13 PM »
did anyone here actually make it all the way through suikoden 4?

Yeah, I beat all English-released Suikodens with the full character roster... including the fan translation of the 2 visual novel games starring Nash. By far the worst one, it's just a miserable RPG with terrible dungeons, barely any difficulty, an uninteresting story, a drab, grey world (how could they make a tropical island setting look dull?) and hilariously bad animation. Luckily it was pretty short.

I'm hoping we get a fan translation of the PSP game one of these days...
^_^

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2020, 05:00:38 PM »
III is quality (actually wish it was playable on PS4 psn) and the opening cinematic SLAPS

yar

G The Resurrected

« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2020, 06:03:08 PM »
Almost 2 million in less than 2 days.

Yulwei

« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2020, 06:07:59 PM »
I pitched in for the digital tier. Glad to see the KS has been a success. Time to forget about this until 2023 and hope it’s good when it comes out  :P

Himu

« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2020, 06:23:13 PM »
III is quality (actually wish it was playable on PS4 psn) and the opening cinematic SLAPS

Suikoden III deserves a full fledged remake to fix the flaws. Shame it won't happen.

I don't think III is the best Suikoden but it is my favorite.
IYKYK

G The Resurrected

« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2020, 06:34:03 PM »
Suikoden 3 was my introduction into the series and while I agree that it has flaws it's still one of my favorites as well. V really pissed me off though and I never finished it, glad I kept it though.

As for EC I'm really happy with what has been shown and how they are handling the KS so far. I chipped in what I wanted and I'll check out until it releases most likely.

Himu

« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2020, 06:36:59 PM »
Suikoden 3 was my introduction into the series and while I agree that it has flaws it's still one of my favorites as well. V really pissed me off though and I never finished it, glad I kept it though.

As for EC I'm really happy with what has been shown and how they are handling the KS so far. I chipped in what I wanted and I'll check out until it releases most likely.

How did V piss you off? It's conservative and loves to smell II's farts but it's a very good return to form and final good bye for the franchise.
IYKYK

G The Resurrected

« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2020, 06:49:50 PM »
I don't remember exactly why I didn't like it, might have been the 3d push or just a bad year for me with games. I just remember I put it down and had a very bad experience with it. Maybe I should give it another go, if it really is a finale of sorts since we all got the time now to wait for EC.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2020, 06:53:42 PM »
whywouldntyouwanttojustplaysuikodentierkreis

itsasuikodengamealsothesystemdesigner

workedonitsowhynotplaythatoneinstead
fat

Himu

« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2020, 06:58:49 PM »
Fun fact. Suikoden games have the best arrange albums.

I burned Celtic Collections into my brain as a teenager. Miki Higashino the goddess.

Bow down to the superior series' music.

The only thing that remotely comes close is Xenogears Creid.

Suikoden is my favorite jrpg franchise. I haven't played these games in a decade + because the heart break of no new Suikoden was too much to bear. I've replayed V and that's it, it's still great.

Put Miki Higashino on this project I swear to Gawd.

Also, while Kawano is cool, Ishikawa is peak Suikoden. Whenever anyone thinks of Suikoden character designs we think of her beautiful works.

Godlike.

I fucking love Suikoden. :tocry It is the only RPG franchise I ever played exclusively for the story. Helps that the formula is addictive as all fuck.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2020, 07:02:29 PM »
I don't remember exactly why I didn't like it, might have been the 3d push or just a bad year for me with games. I just remember I put it down and had a very bad experience with it. Maybe I should give it another go, if it really is a finale of sorts since we all got the time now to wait for EC.

Suikoden V is excellent. Suikoden V has such good writing and uses the main characters so well that by the end of the game there's at least 30-40 characters that you've recruited involved with the main plot and have some relevance. I've never seen any RPG pull off the kind of writing it did. Even past Suikoden's had some filler characters. Not V. They went all out. Even non plot related characters have a story. In past games you have about a dozen or maybe 20 characters that are relevant to the plot and while they use the side characters well, they can be  peripheral and an interesting side thing. V though is an incredible achievement and wonderful swan song for the series. Granted, in order to achieve this it had to have an 8 hour intro but it was all worth it.

If you play V again, do so with HD loader or emulated. Because the load times are frequent (although short except for battles). It's also not a looker. Its biggest issue is the strict recruitment. Look up recruitment deadlines and recruit before that deadline and you should be fine.

The OST for V is also utterly fantastic.

I'd say it's the best Suikoden next to II.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 07:10:54 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2020, 11:44:02 AM »

One of the best gaming OPs ever.
野球

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2020, 02:06:13 AM »
I don't get excited by kickstarters anymore but Suikoden is my favorite jrpg series so I'll break my rule for this one.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2020, 11:20:33 AM »
Last hour and it's already over $4.5 million... That's just awesome

Now the wait begins!

Svejk

« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2022, 09:49:42 AM »

Looks so damn beautiful... but that canned jrpg music though  :doge  Although they got some talent there too, after hearing the Suikoden HD Remaster's magnificent score again, this is a bit hard on the ears, imo.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2022, 12:48:27 PM »
"Are you ready for this JRPG masterpiece" :rejoice
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2022, 05:24:28 PM »
Eiyuden Chronicle Rising is getting a physical release on Switch, PS4, and PS5.

Will be sold only through Video Games Plus in North America and Red Art Games in Europe.  Pre-orders are up.
ど助平