Author Topic: Your wishes for next gen consoles  (Read 1170 times)

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
Your wishes for next gen consoles
« on: July 24, 2020, 03:18:56 PM »
I hope most gamers in the US end up homeless and have nowhere to play console games. The visuals and fidelity of the streets is a lot more detailed then what's possible on game consoles. Next gen gameplay will include having no income and no social services to help with medication, survival and parkour elements only possible on US soil.

Load times? A thing of the past. The only loads you have to worry about are going into your mouth or boy pussy, or coming from a national goon squad's gun (literally and from cock). The ray tracing you'll see permanently after getting a metal baton to the head will make life a dizzy wonderland.

OH!

Tasty

Re: Your wishes for next gen consoles
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 03:22:22 PM »
Switch 2 wishes

- Clamshell design (sized like the 3DS XL)
- 10+ hour battery
- No Joy-Con drift
- 1080p screen
- 4K output
- Both dock and normal HDMI-out compatability

I am a simple Nintendork.

mormapope

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 03:25:53 PM »
Switch 2 wishes

- 10+ hour battery
- No Joy-Con drift
- 1080p screen
- 4K output

The Switch is Nintendo's best console after the SNES and DS, another gen of that design philosophy with more powerful hardware is the best route possible.

OH!

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 03:36:22 PM »
I hope most gamers in the US end up homeless and have nowhere to play console games. The visuals and fidelity of the streets is a lot more detailed then what's possible on game consoles. Next gen gameplay will include having no income and no social services to help with medication, survival and parkour elements only possible on US soil.
GTA 6 is gonna be wild with only Permadeath mode

:win :lawd

casuls BTFO

Yulwei

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 03:45:35 PM »
That they’re not flimsy cheap pieces of crap like the ps4
4K on all games

In other words an xbox
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 03:51:54 PM by Yulwei »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 03:47:29 PM »
A Switch 2 with DLSS 2.0 and you could almost play any Clown Series X or PlayClown 5 game upressed from 720p.

Other wishes:
- Perfect Dark sequel that doesn't suck
- GTA6
- Conker's Bad Fur Day sequel that doesn't suck
- Deus Ex you Cowards!
- DOA7 without the DLC bullshit (lol)
- New and exciting video games
- Ace Combat 8
- Resident Evil 4: Remake
- Metroid Prime
- Mass Effect 4 (that doesn't suck)
- P G R 5 you cowards
- Max Payne 3
🤴

mormapope

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 04:30:39 PM »
A Switch 2 with DLSS 2.0 and you could almost play any Clown Series X or PlayClown 5 game upressed from 720p.

Other wishes:
- GTA6
- Deus Ex you Cowards!
- Ace Combat 8
- Metroid Prime
- P G R 5 you cowards
- Max Payne 3

With Covid fucking up anything currently in production, videogames coming out in 2021 at all, will be a nice surprise.

Nerds and hardcore gamers not understanding that human interaction and socializing is how non indie videogames get made, has easily been one of the most obnoxious things to see.

Then again, shit posting and sitting in ball sweat boxers all day is how a lot of gamers live their life, lack of humanity and work experience I guess.
OH!

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2020, 04:54:10 PM »
I wish i won't have to buy one, to be honest.
Upgrading the PC to keep it even mid-low range, is expensive enough.

I know at some point i'll have to buy a PS5 for those couple of exclusive titles, but who knows, maybe Sony will see the light and do their own Gamepass with everything on PC.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2020, 05:12:41 PM »

Other wishes:
- GTA6
- Deus Ex you Cowards!
- Ace Combat 8
- Metroid Prime
- P G R 5 you cowards
- Max Payne 3

With Covid fucking up anything currently in production, videogames coming out in 2021 at all, will be a nice surprise.

Nerds and hardcore gamers not understanding that human interaction and socializing is how non indie videogames get made, has easily been one of the most obnoxious things to see.

Then again, shit posting and sitting in ball sweat boxers all day is how a lot of gamers live their life, lack of humanity and work experience I guess.

My experiences with WFH in a tech field are that people are even less likely to disconnect and will be up working hard and responding to emails and so on at ungodly hours of the night, I don't see why this would be too much different in the gaming field. Though of course there's probably that initial lag to get people set up in their home office, get them access to VPNs, work through their problems with Zoom/Webex/etc. And also there are some countries which are mostly back at work. Titles which are already out in Japan will continue to be translated (iirc a lot of smaller localizers hire freelancers who are probably working from home anyways). And of course aspiring indie devs in lockdown with more free time on their hands to code. There's definitely gonna be a slowdown next year but the release schedule won't be barren.

I know I'm at least looking forward to Tales of Arise, Nocturne HD, SMT5, and Ys IX English (and still hoping for those Crossbell localizations) in 2021.
^_^

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2020, 06:22:51 PM »
Switch 2 wishes

- 10+ hour battery
- No Joy-Con drift
- 1080p screen
- 4K output

Pretty much this. PS5 and Xboner aren't high priorities for me, I'll just do a little update to my PC when I need to, so the main thing I want is a more powerful Switch-successor that continues to improve on what Nintendo started with the Wii U.
dog

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2020, 06:31:58 PM »
Given that Switch came out March 2017, hopefully the timeframe for a Switch 2 is 2023 at the earliest. It is pretty senseless to release it sooner than that.
🍆🍆

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2020, 06:46:49 PM »

Other wishes:
- GTA6
- Deus Ex you Cowards!
- Ace Combat 8
- Metroid Prime
- P G R 5 you cowards
- Max Payne 3

Challenges for the industry right now:
- Shortage of devkits because of production and shipping woes, plus not being able to share them around the office
- Staff changing jobs more easily because they don't have to move but can work from home
- Marketing, certification and localization
- Field research and other pre-production work
- Play testing and security (i.e. sending builds out to testers who WFH)

Development itself is progressing just fine for a lot of studios.
🤴

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2020, 06:49:42 PM »
I'd be totally fine with another 4-5 years of Switch. Nintendo should be too given how well it is selling.

Plus they already have BotW2 in the pipeline  :mouf

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2020, 07:01:34 PM »

Load times? A thing of the past. The only loads you have to worry about are going into your mouth or boy pussy, or coming from a national goon squad's gun (literally and from cock). The ray tracing you'll see permanently after getting a metal baton to the head will make life a dizzy wonderland.

Margs

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2020, 07:39:32 PM »
BC

Guess thats just the xbox

That was easy
fat

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2020, 12:39:29 AM »
Moar sad dad games
Have their hardware issues sorted by the time I buy one in a year or two
yar

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2020, 04:33:48 AM »

:lol

Tasty

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2020, 08:55:14 AM »

- No console hardware, TV or controller needed
- Better-than-next-gen visuals
- No load times

So, Stadia?

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2020, 09:02:36 AM »
ultrawide support

nudemacusers

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2020, 09:07:15 AM »
gimme some open world shit where I can stack saucers to the skybox.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽