Author Topic: Microsoft capitulates! Armistice signed at noon  (Read 9135 times)

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
Re: Microsoft capitulates! Armistice signed at noon
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2020, 01:08:00 AM »
that game is a big steaming turd anyway who gives a fuck :trumps
Control was last year's GOTY, fool.

Control has all the ingredients of a great game but gave me next to no enjoyment. Remedy makes fun and serviceable games, but besides Max Payne, I've never enjoyed their storytelling.
I hated every Remedy game post Max Payne 2 (this includes Alan Wake, despite being a Lynch fanboy).
I went into Control with very low expectations, aside from it looking very good, but in the end i loved pretty much everything about it.
It could've used a bit more polish in some design aspects (difficulty curve is off, the bosses mostly suck, some visual elements are hard to read, and the checkpoint system is dog shit) but i loved the world, the visual design, and the gameplay was the most fun i've had with a 3rd person shooter since... well, Max Payne 2.

Although 90% of the quality in the writing department was merely for the world building, because the main plot itself was kind of whatever and ended abruptly, but you could say a similar thing for Witcher 3, for example.

So it’s shit then :yeshrug
By the degree that every videogame is shit, yes. :thinking
But it's more like cute lil' rabbit shit marbles, compared to other game's piles of Mammoth's diarrhea.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2020, 09:08:05 AM »
ど助平

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2020, 09:40:32 AM »
A console launch is not a religious ritual, let these things come out, people will enjoy them eventually, lol.
Besides, consoles at launch are nothing anybody ever enjoys in the first place, because they only have shit games.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2020, 09:50:52 AM »
I've only ever bought two consoles at launch: Gamecube and Wii.
dog

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2020, 09:53:41 AM »
i got a wii u at launch like a fucking idiot  :yuck :yuck :yuck

if you like sportz games launches aren't too bad cos at least they'll tide you over til the hot hot shit comes out :trumps
(ice)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2020, 10:03:41 AM »
Buying launch consoles that have a high failure rate. :donot

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2020, 10:12:15 AM »

I also have a high failure rate so I can sympathize.
©@©™

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2020, 10:14:35 AM »
My entire life has a high failure rate
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2020, 10:23:28 AM »
my launch ps4 poor is still going strong :whew
(ice)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2020, 11:43:46 AM »
Nah fuck that gimme my 60 frames Destiny, launch that Xbox right now
fat

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2020, 12:53:43 PM »
I bought at launch

Nintendo DS
For a while I only had the Metroid demo and my GBA library. It was ok-ish but the screen sure took a beating from using the infamous 'Touch Strap' in Super Mario 64 DS. The DS was basically a prototype lol.
Luckily the DS Lite came out pretty quickly and fixed most if not all of the problems. Got the DSi too once that came out.

Wii
Zelda Twilight Princess was fantastic and Wii Sports bowling was fun. Other games arrived shortly after and the first year was awesome with the likes of Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros. dropping one after the other.
Coming from the GameCube it was a very exciting time to see so many games release on a Nintendo platform even if there was a lot of shovelware.

3DS
The 3DS was a nice piece of hardware but again there weren't many games at launch. OOT 3D arrived pretty quickly after launch, so I didn't really understand the backlash against the 3DS. Sure, the price was a bit too high for a Nintendo machine of this caliber ($250 I believe) but I greatly enjoyed it. Even more so when we got all those free GBA games to ease the pain of jumping in at launch. The launch line-up aside it was a great system (especially compared to the 'prototype' DS.

Wii U
Finally next gen Nintendo was here. New Super Mario Bros U was great, that game got too much hate. Nintendo Land was an ok pack-in experience. Although even then it was clear that the hardware gimmicks of the Wii U didn't add much to the overall experience.
After that it became a trickle of a new game once every 4 - 6 months and even many first party Nintendo games weren't really great and without third party support I certainly regretted buying the Wii U at launch and it stopped me from getting the Switch at launch.

It's fun to be part of that launch experience. I'm as of yet undecided if I want to do a Zen 3 PC upgrade or go with the Xbox Series X or PlayStation 5.
🤴

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2020, 08:53:39 AM »
dark1x always seems so chill in videos, like a balanced good dude who enjoys his work, then his posts and social media and shit are borderline apocalyptic.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2020, 09:19:05 AM »
dark1x always seems so chill in videos, like a balanced good dude who enjoys his work, then his posts and social media and shit are borderline apocalyptic.

For the most part, his Twitter feed seems to be pretty chill, too.  He just needs to stop bothering with fanboy idiocy:

https://twitter.com/dark1x/status/1294223253871960065
ど助平

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2020, 09:53:50 AM »
Or, god forbid, buying a 360 at any point  :'(

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2020, 09:56:46 AM »
For sure. Even back in the day when I only knew him on GAF, I always thought he was an annoying blowhard.

I love his work for DF tho. His DF Retro vids are great. 

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2020, 03:02:11 PM »
Or, god forbid, buying a 360 at any point  :'(
Hey the slim doesn't have a 100% failure rate!
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2020, 10:02:49 PM »
Having one S and series S on the shelf at the same time is some Wii U type shit

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2020, 12:20:42 AM »
https://twitter.com/Pvt_Biscuit/status/1295145938839834630

I interviewed for Zebra, most grueling interview of my life (had to interview with 5 separate people and it took a whole day... and I still didn't get it :/)
^_^

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2020, 04:06:21 PM »
Xbone S/X

Xbone Series S/X

I'm sure no one will get confused. Worked out real smooth with the WiiU after all.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2020, 07:38:33 PM »
Xbone S/X

Xbone Series S/X

I'm sure no one will get confused. Worked out real smooth with the WiiU after all.
Don't worry, the game boxes say: "XBOX" and "SMART DELIVERY"

that should clear everything up.
🤴

kingv

« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2020, 10:51:42 PM »
But doesn’t the series s play all the Xbox one games and also the new ones?

Biggest thing they need to avoid is making damn sure that both aren’t on the shelf at the same time so grandma doesn’t buy Noah a one s for Christmas when he wanted a series s.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2020, 08:44:40 AM »
https://505games.com/control-ultimate-edition-an-explanation/
I own the Control base game and Season Pass. Is this not the same as Control Ultimate Edition?

The objective of Control Ultimate Edition was not to release new exclusive content on the next gen platforms, but to offer the full Control gameplay experience to new Control players in a single, easy-to-find product. The PlayStation 5/Xbox Series X versions of Control contain the same content as the current gen game, though they do take full advantage of the power and features provided by these new consoles.

The upgrade path that we are offering is only possible when upgrading from the same version of the game. As we are only doing additional development on Control Ultimate Edition on the next gen platforms, we are unfortunately unable to offer an upgrade path to all existing Control players. We understand how this might upset a number of players but you will still be able to play the 2019 edition of Control and each Expansion on the new platforms.
:gaas

So why can't people who have the digital deluxe/game+season pass not just be upgraded to the Ultimate Edition?  :doge
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2020, 09:09:10 AM »
Xbone S/X

Xbone Series S/X

But doesn’t the series s play all the Xbox one games and also the new ones?

Biggest thing they need to avoid is making damn sure that both aren’t on the shelf at the same time so grandma doesn’t buy Noah a one s for Christmas when he wanted a series s.
To be quite honest, I'm already confused... Which one's supposed to be the "nex genz" one?? 
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not that I ever plan on getting an XB ever again
[close]

kingv

« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2020, 10:37:48 AM »
The rumour I think is that series s is just the series X with a cut down GPU that is more like “same graphics settings at 1080P instead of 4K” but it hasn’t been officially announced, so who knows really

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2020, 02:46:47 PM »
The rumour I think is that series s is just the series X with a cut down GPU that is more like “same graphics settings at 1080P instead of 4K” but it hasn’t been officially announced, so who knows really

Yeah, less GPU and RAM, same CPU, so basically having 3 times less graphics power but aiming for 4 times lower resolution. I think the Switch is proof that most people don't care or can live without high resolution. The only thing that matters is who gets to $300 first.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2020, 03:12:33 PM »

Yeah, less GPU and RAM, same CPU, so basically having 3 times less graphics power but aiming for 4 times lower resolution. I think the Switch is proof that most people don't care or can live without high resolution. The only thing that matters is who gets to $300 first.
I read it runs at less than 4TF, which would mean it is slower than Xbox One X(6TF). But also this won't hold back next-gen in any way according to the Microbots(?)

From what I've heard it's also unlikely to ship this year, globally at least. I've got no clue what MS is doing and these rumors aren't helping.
Also having 343i people come out and post Star Wars The Last Jedi gifs or community manager posts on Reddit to debunk rumors that Phil admitted to in his chat with Gary Whitta in Animal Crossing doesn't help to clear things up.
🤴

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2020, 04:01:57 PM »

I read it runs at less than 4TF, which would mean it is slower than Xbox One X(6TF). But also this won't hold back next-gen in any way according to the Microbots(?)

From what I've heard it's also unlikely to ship this year, globally at least. I've got no clue what MS is doing and these rumors aren't helping.
Also having 343i people come out and post Star Wars The Last Jedi gifs or community manager posts on Reddit to debunk rumors that Phil admitted to in his chat with Gary Whitta in Animal Crossing doesn't help to clear things up.

Everything about it is a rumor but I've always heard 4 TF (3.97 TF according to Tom Warren):

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1295638725272141825?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1295638725272141825%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html1295638725272141825

Also, teraflops are only useful I think when comparing within the same architecture. X1X used GCN 4.0 (roughly RX 580 equivalent) while these new consoles are going to be under the RDNA2 family. For reference, an RX 5500 XT is an RDNA1 card (so less advanced than RDNA2) and it has up to 10% better gaming performance than a RX 580:

https://www.techspot.com/review/1958-amd-radeon-rx-5500-xt/

GPU|RX 580|RX 5500 XT
Architecture|GCN 4.0|RDNA1
Teraflops|6.175|5.197

So you're getting 30% better performance per flop when comparing RDNA1 with GCN4, although this is probably a shitty way of calculating it. The most important thing is that the XSS is supposed to have the same ray tracing and machine learning architecture as the big brothers, just on fewer cores. So any lighting or ML resolution tools should hopefully scale over proportionally.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2020, 05:32:55 PM »
Stop making shit up liartous :smug
(ice)

kingv

« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2020, 10:51:13 PM »
I think the bigger thing that would hold next gen back is if the CPU is slower. The ones in ps4 and Xbox one are pretty old, even when they launched

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2020, 09:09:45 PM »
Seeing rumors now that Halo Infinite will not be coming out for Xbox One.  Bullshit?
ど助平

nudemacusers

« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2020, 09:48:35 PM »
I can see them making it a delayed release for older peasant systems but i get the impression halo is the flagship testbed for M$'* push for the 'play on anything' initiative so having it be sequestered to just their best shit would run counter to that.

then again i don't care about halo so it could release on the zune :trumps

*:smug
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2020, 10:22:00 PM »
It sounds like bullshit on the surface but the game seems like a total mess so it wouldn’t shock me. Maybe they can make it look like a 360 game without the Xbox one specs holding it back :doge
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2020, 07:12:22 AM »
https://505games.com/control-ultimate-edition-an-explanation/
I own the Control base game and Season Pass. Is this not the same as Control Ultimate Edition?

The objective of Control Ultimate Edition was not to release new exclusive content on the next gen platforms, but to offer the full Control gameplay experience to new Control players in a single, easy-to-find product. The PlayStation 5/Xbox Series X versions of Control contain the same content as the current gen game, though they do take full advantage of the power and features provided by these new consoles.

The upgrade path that we are offering is only possible when upgrading from the same version of the game. As we are only doing additional development on Control Ultimate Edition on the next gen platforms, we are unfortunately unable to offer an upgrade path to all existing Control players. We understand how this might upset a number of players but you will still be able to play the 2019 edition of Control and each Expansion on the new platforms.
:gaas

So why can't people who have the digital deluxe/game+season pass not just be upgraded to the Ultimate Edition?  :doge

Oh you have the Digital Deluxe Edition?

FUCK YOU PAY ME

What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2020, 10:58:48 AM »
What I'm hearing is that the plan is to push HALO Infinite back as far as holiday 2021 or 2022(with a meaty multiplayer beta by the end of 2021) so that would explain dropping the Xbox One version. :doge
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2020, 01:07:32 PM »
I already suggested doing as such in a fine Neogaf thread I created awhile back. The turd version is severely holding them back obviously
What

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2020, 01:19:11 PM »
Or you know 343i is just fucking garbage.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2020, 01:39:08 PM »
Well yeah also that
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2020, 06:23:33 AM »
They brought Joseph Staten on board to try and salvage this mess.  :lol

https://twitter.com/joestaten/status/1298822686420819968
🤴

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2020, 08:01:24 AM »

Looking at his twitter feed, he's been all over MS studios. So I'm thinking this is more consulting (despite the "foodnipple" tweet) than anything.

https://twitter.com/joestaten/status/1298822908253364225

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2020, 08:06:41 AM »

Looking at his twitter feed, he's been all over MS studios. So I'm thinking this is more consulting (despite the "foodnipple" tweet) than anything.

https://twitter.com/joestaten/status/1298822908253364225
They made a big deal out of it in their PR and some other guy was put in charge of the Free to play multiplayer.
Also don't listen to the rumors that are usually 100% on the mark because 343i is not just a sinking but also a leaky boat.

The last time they called upon Staten to fix something late in development was the hit video game Crackdown 3. 
Also Certain Affinity made it official they are co-dev on this. Again another studio that helped out with Crackdown 3.
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2020, 10:13:06 AM »
Certain Affinity has been one of the Halo/CoD developers, especially for multiplayer, pretty much since they opened. They've got lots of ex-Bungie and ex-Microsoft.