Author Topic: Black Ops: Cold War  (Read 2487 times)

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Black Ops: Cold War
« on: August 20, 2020, 11:21:06 AM »

:putin :trumps
©ZH

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: Black Ops: Cold War
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 12:23:03 PM »
 :rejoice :whew

« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 02:30:57 PM by Nintex »
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 02:02:22 PM »
Story trailer is up.  Multiplayer footage won't be shown until 9/9.

CG Reagan
:dead

Is everyone going to use Blue Monday for anything 80s now after Wonder Woman did it?  :doge
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 02:24:53 PM »
- Secret Communists
- 80's music
- Ronald Reagan
- Political fan fiction

It's like they made this game specifically for me

:salute :dice :success
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 02:30:24 PM by Nintex »
🤴

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 02:28:47 PM »
Zombies please
fat

Svejk

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2020, 02:35:05 PM »
Gimme a F-14 flight segment to snag that Top Gun nod, and then I may be interested.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 04:20:26 PM »
Is that Robert Redford?
What

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2020, 09:30:50 PM »
I love the campaigns because I'm basic. I just bought EVERY post-MW3 game for about 200 yen each (except for MW reboot) and played them all.

COD Ghosts: Real stupid but didn't think it was bad. I LIKE YOUR BROTHER WHO YELLS EVERY LINE READ AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE, 7/10
Advanced Warfare: Kevin Spacey is a bad guy????? I did boat jumps, 8/10
Black Ops 3: I found the campaign totally boring to look at and unplayable quit early, 4/10
Infinite Warfare: I loved the absurdity of this, 9/10
WWII: This made me wanna die. I hated this. Quit halfway through. 5/10

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2020, 10:05:25 PM »
I’m pretty much with you 100%. Especially on Infinite Warfare, the single player for that was honestly very well done.

This kind of sounds more like Blops 3 which I also thought was poor.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2020, 10:15:29 PM »
I love the campaigns because I'm basic. I just bought EVERY post-MW3 game for about 200 yen each (except for MW reboot) and played them all.

COD Ghosts: Real stupid but didn't think it was bad. I LIKE YOUR BROTHER WHO YELLS EVERY LINE READ AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE, 7/10
Advanced Warfare: Kevin Spacey is a bad guy????? I did boat jumps, 8/10
Black Ops 3: I found the campaign totally boring to look at and unplayable quit early, 4/10
Infinite Warfare: I loved the absurdity of this, 9/10
WWII: This made me wanna die. I hated this. Quit halfway through. 5/10

even in non money hat spaces the game review padding holds true :lawd

"game was so bad i couldn't stomach playing through it" - 5/10
◕‿◕

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2020, 04:34:52 AM »

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2020, 04:35:03 AM »
Hope the campaign is as fun as the Black Ops 2 one was. Might actually get one of these games again.

For all the fluster about Modern Warfare, it wasn't anywhere near as edgy as I wanted it to be.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2020, 06:10:20 AM »
it sounds great, I hope they can pull it off the way it is described in the interview  :hyper

🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2020, 05:05:22 PM »
Is that Robert Redford?

I think it's a weird Spygame Pitt / Redford merge.
ὕβρις

G The Resurrected

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2020, 05:22:53 PM »
Sounds like Raven get to shine finally again after all these years. It's been 10 years since Singularity and man that game was great. This game looks awesome and the Warzone event yesterday was killer leading up to the reveal.

Beezy

benjipwns

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2020, 02:40:29 PM »

four hour stream thing
[close]

DF video:

Zombies please
check the end of the trailer ;)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 02:45:05 PM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2020, 12:21:22 AM »
well, this shit is pretty hot brehs, did not expect it to be as good as it is :punch :gun

I love control still, especially when your team is on fire and working together to control the points like chad teamwork players instead of virgin kd chasers

feels great to get back to blops with everyone on the level instead of hero abilities

I'm running around as a redheaded KGB girl dressed in the most 80's leather jacket ever and it looks awesome and dumb at the same time

the heal is back, it's the stimshot, and it's just as essential as it was in 4 for being epic awesome imo

scorestreaks feel so well balanced and available for the first time in ages, instead of just piling up when you get a hot streak of kills

the added gear (mines, trophy, radar, etc.) doesn't feel overpowering because they're fragile, nobody seems to place them right (cept me and my radar obv) and the one perk lets you see them through walls anyway

also riley reid was playing and I shot her a whole bunch of times and I bet it was the real riley reid too and I'm sorry riley pls no hate it just cold war

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2020, 01:21:13 AM »
Played the beta. Have no idea how the minutia of any of this works but I had a fun fuckin time and love the 80s aesthetics of the maps.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2020, 02:19:40 AM »
Is that Robert Redford?

I think it’s Zach Galifianakis

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2020, 04:49:50 AM »
Yeah I'll deffo be picking this up as a PS5 game.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2020, 08:10:22 AM »
Tried the beta, I need it now.

I was Tony Montana with a machine gun in Miami as the Russians called in artillery strikes from Cuba.
Ran through Moscow shotgunning CIA motherfuckers invading the motherland.
Used Zip Lines to zip across battleships and be a beautiful Ronald Reagan Boater with a gattling gun
Went ahead and secured the old man's Cocaine from the Colombian cartels
Only to enlist as a drunk tank driver in Russia

It looks so good, it plays so smooth. It feels so fun and it sounds epic. Seriously, the sound is much better than any other COD.
This game :rejoice :preach

:salute
🤴

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2020, 10:03:14 AM »
Free Zombies means I'll probably get this down the road
fat

benjipwns

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2020, 01:41:27 AM »
they extended the beta an extra day so I spent a few hours today just in combined arms aka BFMini

had a round of combined arms domination where I was third on the scoreboard despite only 3 or 4 kills because I was laying waste to every vehicle and piece of equipment I came across as I capped and recapped everything on the map :delicious

this all but dead tank I had battered had found me and was bearing down on me and I just stood my ground and didn't wait for the lock and let fly and it blew up as the last shell it fired went flying wide right missing me and I was like omg

been putting my field mics up against walls and buildings and they last so long, I started putting them on the roofs too but dudes snipin sometimes find them (and sometimes they just stand next to them oblivious lol)

I kept trying dumbass longer and longer suicide runs across open spaces to capture points on the winter map hearing the crack of sniper fire and sometimes getting hit then just poppin my heal/stim and keep going, felt a bit like BFBC2 in avoiding sniper fire while tossing out heals for myself running between points

tempted now to pick this up at $50 instead of $40... it's already been $53 on GMG, it's $55 right now and hnnngggnnnggghhh so close ya know

Nuitangg

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2020, 10:11:30 PM »
Sony exclusive XP boost and 2 extra loadout slots is lame as hell  :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2020, 01:41:11 AM »
this is $40 on battle.net so I picked it up after playing some of the free week (note: I didn't get MW, so I'm coming from Blops IIII in comparison)

the firebow scorestreak is love, you look so stupid and people have no idea what to do as you mad rush them firing arrows that set them on fire, reminds me of WWII's incendiary ammo I discovered where you just hit the dude and forget about him because he'll burn to death, I was defending a hardpoint and dudes were coming from different angles and I just hit each one in succession and ignored them, while they killed me they all then burned to death and couldn't cap the point

love how you can survive slightly more bullets than in CoD traditionally, and now that I've unlocked the stim, I just need a quick hide to come back out firing, it's much more of a game changer than it was in IIII where everyone had heal, now people who don't have it can't let you get cover because you can come out and one shot them basically while they need to start all over

the MP5 is like a Titanfall weapon too, I'm hip firing it like crazy and gearing all my attachments to boost that, plus I have the perk that lets me shoot while sprinting which is so stupid I love it, I was flying around Raid running and gunning down all these dudes standing around trying to look through scopes I thought a bunch of them were AFK at first

I got into too much of a Titanfall vibe as I was trying to engage at too far of ranges (although was doing alright if I had a larger magazine in) and trying to mantle over everything faster

plus the new quick play is soooo great, just like Titanfall 2, lets you mark all the modes you want to play, I'm saved from being trapped in TDM when I want to play everything

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2020, 06:17:32 AM »
Yeah it's awesome. I can see why some people liked MW better though, there's no Ground War in this, which was very popular and in way it was a bit slower I suppose.
I just really enjoy how chaotic things can get in this game and some maps are really, really good. Moscow and the Miami map are two favorites of mine but Armada with the zip lines is pretty cool also.

This game needs Ronald Reagan as an operator tho :salute
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2021, 08:25:10 PM »
Tried the new map 'Express' today, which is from Black Ops 2 I think. great fun  :doggy
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2021, 08:42:04 PM »
Tried the new map 'Express' today, which is from Black Ops 2 I think. great fun  :doggy

Is it free?
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2021, 08:58:14 PM »
Yeah, all the added maps so far have been free. Which is good because the game only shipped with like eight maps.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2021, 12:13:52 AM »
Yeah, all the added maps so far have been free. Which is good because the game only shipped with like eight maps.

You can see how much I've played it! :dizzy
ど助平

Borealis

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2021, 02:18:34 AM »
How's zombies in this?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2021, 03:18:29 PM »
How's zombies in this?

It's ok. The main easter eggs if that's your thing are a lot more accessible (they pretty much drop the biggest fucking hints during conversation), and being able to level up the same stuff across MP + Zombies is nice.

The maps are free now - with the latest being released this week.
fat