Author Topic: Wasteland 3  (Read 3405 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Wasteland 3
« on: August 26, 2020, 03:10:21 PM »

Quote from: PCGamesN
Lurid characters, a deep RPG system, and captivating combat set in an unhinged apocalypse - inXile Entertainment’s latest shouldn’t be missed.

Quote from: DualShockers
Improving on its predecessor in almost every way, Wasteland 3 is one of the best and most reactive RPGs I've played in a long time.

Quote from: Shacknews
Wasteland 3 is one of those games that I could go on and on about, but the truth is, you really need to experience it yourself. The vast amount of content on display here is admirable, and inXile has once again proven why the community surrounding its titles is so passionate about what they do.

Quote from: PC Gamer
A wilfully strange setting explored through a predictable but enjoyable old school RPG that's been streamlined just enough.

Quote from: Eurogamer
inXile's old-school RPG is the Fallout game we've been craving.

Quote from: Ars Technica
Despite some faults, the strength of the tactical combat kept us engaged and interested, and the tough ethical choices along the way kept us guessing and motivated. The scenery is compelling, the soundscape and voice acting are incredibly lush, and the humorous touches scattered throughout landed more often than not. We think tactical RPG fans will be very pleased with Wasteland 3, warts and all—and if you're not a tactical RPG fan yet, this just might be the game that converts you.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/719040/Wasteland_3/
https://www.gog.com/game/wasteland_3
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2047-CUSA13473_00-WL3USDEEPS000000
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/wasteland-3
dog

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: Wasteland 3
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 03:25:25 PM »
#ThanksGamePass
fat

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 03:49:37 PM »
Got it pre loaded thanks 2 game pass :pimp
(ice)

Bebpo

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 04:58:58 PM »
Awesome. I really wanted to play/like W2 since I love my old school crpgs and love Fallout, but W2 at launch was too janky (I hear it's much better now). This seems like it turned out great and will add it to my great crpgs backlog (hopefully play it within a year while it's free on game pass tho).

It sounds like this is Inxile's first legit hit. W2 got mixed reviews, Torment got mixed reviews, but this is getting glowing reviews across the board. Good for them.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 05:02:41 PM »
MS owns InXile I would expect it to stay a staple of GamePass for a while
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2020, 06:09:47 PM »
Oh cool, I didn't realize 1st party stuff doesn't have the same 1 year period.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2020, 12:52:37 AM »
Can't wait!

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2020, 11:23:55 PM »
Really liking it so far. Everything's a huge step up from Wasteland 2 [which I did like, but was definitely rough around the edges in a lot of way].
dog

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2020, 08:07:08 AM »
Really liking it so far. Everything's a huge step up from Wasteland 2 [which I did like, but was definitely rough around the edges in a lot of way].

Do you need to have played Wasteland 2 or nah?
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2020, 09:00:00 AM »
Nah, you can go straight to W3.
dog

kingv

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2020, 02:13:47 PM »
First 10 minutes seem pretty good

Bebpo

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2020, 02:15:23 PM »
First 10 minutes seem pretty good

Most important part of games.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2020, 08:09:57 PM »
Wastelander or Ranger difficulty? I don't mind a challenge but I don't like wasting my time on just stupid shit lets just abuse the player kinda shit.

Anybody playing on one of those two wanna give feedback?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2020, 08:45:59 PM »
I'm playing on the second [out of four] difficulty, whichever one that is. It's pretty easy so far.
dog

Stoney Mason

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2020, 09:33:10 PM »
I'll try ranger and if its insanely annoying I'll just bump it down. Thx.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 08:55:45 AM by Stoney Mason »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2020, 02:10:53 AM »
I'm an idiot. I thought the preset characters at the beginning of the game were story based but apparently they aren't so it's better to just create custom characters in theory. Think I'm gonna restart and do that. I didn't get super far anyway.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 02:15:30 AM by Stoney Mason »

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2020, 06:16:48 AM »
I made a sniper and now im out of ammo

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2020, 08:53:08 AM »
I made a sniper and now im out of ammo

Same thing happened to me, and it sucked.  >:(
dog

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2020, 10:33:28 AM »
Like wtf we got like 9 bullets to start with? Only found 3 sniper rifle ones in opening sequence  :lol luckily there was a spare assault rifle lying around.

Goat killer origin is sweet btw, 5% extra crit chance is solid!

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2020, 01:13:12 PM »
Gonna need to DL this, I really liked what I played of Wasteland 2 although I never did get very far
What

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2020, 04:01:40 PM »
Is Buchanan a man?
A boy what a man
The greatest of men
You can say that again
dog

Stoney Mason

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2020, 11:34:01 PM »
There's some kind of memory leak on xbox version. Game keep crashing after playing for long sessions.

kingv

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2020, 12:42:45 AM »
anyone figure out how to actually hack a robot on xbox? I have a pretty good nerd stuff skill but never have seen the option to hack a robot. do I need something in particular to do it?

Stoney Mason

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2020, 01:04:25 AM »
Sorry haven't invested in that skill so no clue

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2020, 09:12:29 AM »
anyone figure out how to actually hack a robot on xbox? I have a pretty good nerd stuff skill but never have seen the option to hack a robot. do I need something in particular to do it?

Press X to bring up the skill wheel for that character, should be on there somewhere.
dog

kingv

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2020, 11:21:25 AM »
I played a pretty good bit of this this weekend and now that I’m in it a bit... it’s really good. Finally a post apocalyptic game worthy of old school fallout

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2020, 01:23:07 PM »
Damn, this has co-op?!

:crazy

Might need to pick this up now.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2020, 03:15:22 PM »
based on really positive word of mouth all weekend I installed and checked out first few hours, seems good but pretty low-rent and janky. very oldschool, can see a lot of people really liking.

I never played he previous ones, I figured it was kind of a rip of fallout, but seems it's the other way around. may wiki around some.

thetylerrob

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2020, 04:55:03 PM »
Maybe it's more janky on console, but from what I've played I wouldn't even really call it that. I haven't had any issues like 10 hours in and it seems super polished compared to most modern crpgs.

Finally we get a new good FalloutPost-Appocalyptic RPG game :rejoice

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2020, 05:45:46 PM »
Finally we get a new good FalloutPost-Appocalyptic RPG game :rejoice

...BRUH

(granted it was janky af on release but still one of the better modern rpgs)
yar

thetylerrob

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2020, 06:12:08 PM »
As a ferociously well versed gamer, I am, of course, familiar with the fps rpg post appocalyse setting jank masterpiece that is Fallout New Vegas. But I will remind you that it was released just shy of 10 years ago. I still remember torrenting the game a week early, probably from Demonoid, and after only playing the intro because it leaked on a school night, telling my friend in my senior year Business and Marketing class that it "seems cool but it feels like dlc for Fallout 3."

Anyway yeh this game is tight.  8)

nudemacusers

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2020, 09:29:10 PM »
looks dope but i'm hearing there are some buggy things so I'll wait a bit for patches/etc... need some brian fargo in me  :-[
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2020, 09:31:53 PM »
looks dope but i'm hearing there are some buggy things so I'll wait a bit for patches/etc... need some brian fargo in me  :-[

I've only noticed a few very minor glitches in the PC version through 10+ hours of playing, dunno about the console versions though.
dog

nudemacusers

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2020, 09:42:20 PM »
ah maybe i'll dig in sooner... reality is i have no free time until october anyway :(
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Bebpo

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2020, 12:18:54 AM »
Played a little and it seems great. Battle system reminds me of the Shadowrun games. Don't remember how Fallout 1&2 played other than being turn-based.

Only three minor complaints I have are 1) wish you could zoom out further, 2) wish there was a highlight all interactive items/objects button, 3) wish you could advance text during cutscenes. All are pretty minor stuff, rest seems good though getting used to right click for move and left click for interact takes some getting used to coming from IE games.

Since I didn't really play Wasteland 2, how mod-friendly are these games? Because I wonder if stuff like further zoom out is something someone could make a quick mod for.

thetylerrob

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2020, 07:43:18 PM »
Left shift for #2 and space seems to work for #3 but there might be some you can’t skip.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2020, 10:54:46 PM »
I found an AI-controlled limo that was being made before the nuclear war to protect President Reagan and it hates the Gippers because they worship Ronald Reagan as a deity and that runs totally counter to Reagan's Christian beliefs. :whew
dog

Stoney Mason

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2020, 11:13:19 PM »
1) wish you could zoom out further,

I understand this for combat and agree often but honestly I either wish I could zoom in or the game used animated character portraits. I feel like the game lacks a little bit of character because I can't zoom in and see the people of the world. I'm not expecting like top level graphics or anything. Just a portrait or more occasional body shots like a skyrim camera. I think playing modded baldurs gate with picture portrait pack for everybody has spoiled me.

kingv

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2020, 01:10:32 PM »
I found an AI-controlled limo that was being made before the nuclear war to protect President Reagan and it hates the Gippers because they worship Ronald Reagan as a deity and that runs totally counter to Reagan's Christian beliefs. :whew

the writing is really good. IMO, maybe better than fallout 2 with the dumb jokes and weird situations. It just takes and hour or two to get going. The beginning plays it a little too straight.

The clown museum, santa's workshop and a bunch of other quests.

IT's got launch fallout 2 levels of bugs though. I've encountered at least one quest that I just can't complete because it is bugged and the NPC won't talk to me for my completion reward, and the menu icon for hacking robots or turrets on one of my characters just isn't there even though I have level 8 nerd stuff.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2020, 08:06:47 PM »
Animal companions seem like a waste. At least at Ranger difficulty and above with friendly fire on. I've already had two of them die on me.

They love to get in the way of combat or rush ahead to their death.

kingv

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2020, 02:36:24 AM »
question?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
anyone find the denver airport yet? I've driven around a bit and can't locate it...

[close]

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2020, 08:37:43 AM »
my koksal baba just fucked a goat. so goty so far

#squadgoals

pamperchu charming an animal

getting ready for the big one

[close]

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2020, 10:58:56 AM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2020, 11:01:06 AM »
question?

anyone find the denver airport yet? I've driven around a bit and can't locate it...

[close]

It's a section of the Denver zone, not a separate overworld location.
[close]
dog

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2020, 11:22:28 AM »
God this game is fantastic.
I just stole/kidnapped the ronald reagan AI, and now he is in my base, calling for mommy nancy all the time.
[close]

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2020, 04:37:25 PM »
God this game is fantastic.
I just stole/kidnapped the ronald reagan AI, and now he is in my base, calling for mommy nancy all the time.
[close]

I sent the AI to the machine commune since they're a bunch of chill commie bros.
[close]
dog

kingv

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2020, 03:01:59 AM »
That whole sub quest was awesome

Stoney Mason

« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2020, 10:58:47 PM »
Just fyi I had a had a nasty bug on xbox where during the first round of combat when reaching the denver union district, the enemy AI wouldn't take their turn. It turns out during the cutscene with fishlips you can't skip the dialogue options. There is a lip sync bug there where its trying to do to talking during the actual combat and gets stuck. Just let all the dialogue scenes play before you hit a button and you won't encounter this issue. Wasted about 2 hours because of this issue until I find the solution on reddit.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2020, 08:55:12 AM »
Haha yeah happened to me as well, but on PC. For me it wasnt the enemy refusing to take turns, but it would shuffle between party members really quickly with like 2fps.... I spent like an hour trying to get it to work…. Apparently only happens if you pick the hard ass option, and skip part of the animation..

Now he's in my party though  :-[

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2020, 09:11:04 AM »
Haha yeah happened to me as well, but on PC. For me it wasnt the enemy refusing to take turns, but it would shuffle between party members really quickly with like 2fps.... I spent like an hour trying to get it to work…. Apparently only happens if you pick the hard ass option, and skip part of the animation..

Now he's in my party though  :-[

I know the part you're talking about. That's the only battle I saw during my playthrough where that happened, fortunately.
dog

Stoney Mason

« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2020, 10:45:02 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/Wasteland/comments/ij0r5c/bugwasteland_3_change_character_in_headquarter/

Another pretty nasty bug I encountered. Fortunately I save like an OCD addict so it wasn't an issue for me but still. Some nasty not exactly hidden bugs in the game.

kingv

« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2020, 02:46:34 AM »
This game is so dicked up.

Near the end, and I sold scrap to a vendor and have that perk that sometimes gives you a lot of money for a piece of scrap. I sold a piece of scrap for $20k! Awesome! Decked out all my dudes in end game armor with money to spare.

A minute later I entered an area from an unintended pathway, and there was a scripting bug where I couldn’t fight anyone, so I had to quit.

Came back, didn’t get the 20k, went back the “expected” way, and then the game crashed, so I quit in frustration.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2020, 11:32:08 AM »
Yeah its really good but pretty bugged up. If I knew that going in, I probably would have waited like 6 months or so to play it until they patched it up a bit.