Author Topic: Top 10 games to get a next gen console for  (Read 3086 times)

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
Top 10 games to get a next gen console for
« on: September 11, 2020, 11:19:12 AM »

OH!

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Re: Top 10 games to get a next gen console for
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 11:28:31 AM »
For me it's looking like Yakuza 7 and Cyberpunk. I just got a new laptop with a RTX2060 and not sure how well it'll run those games so I'd go for a new console...
^_^

Himu

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 11:32:42 AM »
Demon's Souls and Cyberpunk with top of the line graphics are my main reasonings. Plus I have a regular PS4 and with PS5 having PS4 BC my hope is better performance for PS4 titles.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 12:07:45 PM »
Funny when new gfx cards come out people dont complain there isnt a killer game coming out just for this card

Just happy to play same old games but prettier

Well here you have it pc fans

Rahxephon91

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 12:11:38 PM »
Wow I'm an idiot. I keep reloading.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 12:35:53 PM »
Lul nice thread haha

Yeah only Demon Souls is an interesting game for me on next gen
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 01:07:55 PM »
PlayStation Definitive Edition

Xbox Remastered

:spiders
🤴

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2020, 01:12:15 PM »
You're telling me new consoles have weak launch lineups

:pika
yar

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2020, 01:42:07 PM »
Dont worry, "launch window" has been expanded to "7 years".

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2020, 01:45:48 PM »
It's weird we need to explain our reason for buying one
fat

mormapope

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2020, 01:46:03 PM »

We still don't know if the PS5 will be able to fit thru people's doorways when they take one home. Sony's upcoming conference will set things straight on how to get one into your home.

OH!

Himu

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2020, 02:55:31 PM »
We just found out Xbox's prices this week.

There's so much we don't know, but a next gen system not having games surely isn't unprecedented. There's many things to critique next gen systems for, namely the lack of pricing mere weeks before release.

I'd say a Horizon sequel and Demon's Souls is pretty solid for a next gen launch. Who cares? bigger things to worry about in the world now
IYKYK

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2020, 03:04:41 PM »

There's so much we don't know, but a next gen system not having games surely isn't unprecedented. There's many things to critique next gen systems for, namely the lack of pricing mere weeks before release.

I'd say a Horizon sequel and Demon's Souls is pretty solid for a next gen launch. Who cares? bigger things to worry about in the world now
neither is confirmed for launch, Horizon is likely more than a year away.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2020, 03:14:10 PM »

Every console is the Wii U now  :doge
🤴

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2020, 03:19:28 PM »

Every console is the Wii U now  :doge
Yeah about that
Release date   
NA: November 18, 2012
PAL: November 30, 2012
JP: December 8, 2012
Lifespan   2012–2017
Wii U didn't even last that long. Also worth nothing that Switch launched in March '17 so its predecessors lifespan was not even 4.5 years. :doge
Hi

Svejk

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2020, 03:30:00 PM »

Yeah, I want to say at the end of the Horizon 2 trailer, it states 'coming 2021'.

For me, the ones I'm currently looking forward too, and strongly feel they'll be launch day games (one confirmed), are...

Astrobot's Playroom - Astrobot FO LIFE!
Demon's Souls - I would almost consider it the PS5 killer app at this moment.
Returnal - Not sure why, but it looks fun to me; Sci-Fi pew-pew action with a Groundhog Day twist, all the while, watching a milf run around in a tight space suit with some groceries still in the trunk.

And with BC on certain games (mainly VR stuffz), it's way more than enough to last me till the Spring time surge.

Bebpo

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2020, 03:32:49 PM »
For me it's looking like Yakuza 7 and Cyberpunk. I just got a new laptop with a RTX2060 and not sure how well it'll run those games so I'd go for a new console...

Yeah I feel like a sucker for buying Y7 on PS4 and having it sit in my backlog. The clean IQ and framerate of next-gen & PC versions coming out will be a way better experience. Holding out for a free PS5 upgrade but don’t expect it from Japanese companies.

Though apparently Hajimari no Kiseki is getting a free PS5 upgrade but the game is already 60fps with crystal clear IQ so not sure what would look different unless they up to 120fps or something.

Himu

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2020, 03:37:20 PM »

*shrug*
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2020, 03:44:39 PM »
Oh and actual next-gen games.

Well, I'm getting Miles Spider-Man. And GT7 because I'm a sucker if that is near launch and Ratchet in the spring because it's popcorn entertainment.

I'll begrudgingly get Demon Souls. I just can't care much about remakes of games that aren't that old that I've already beaten. It's not old enough to be nostalgic like Tony Hawk 1+2, but I guess I can try a different build this go around since the Souls games are replayable like that. I did spellcaster ranged kiting in Demon Souls and then moved to melee as the Souls games went along and I got more comfortable with their melee game. I guess I'll go melee and do another run through this. Still, the magic and wow factor of exploring a new souls game is going to be missing since it hasn't been that long and I still remember all the twists and areas of Demons.

Astrobot is questionable. The VR game is one of the best Platformers I've played in the last decade or more, but that doesn't translate to me being particularly interested in a non-VR one by maybe a different team? I'll see how it reviews.

Otherwise, since I have a good gaming PC, pretty much everything 3rd party I'll play on that and don't care about PS5/Xseries. Exclusives & early release Japanese games are the only things I play on these consoles.

Svejk

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2020, 03:45:50 PM »
Oh and actual next-gen games.

Well, I'm getting Miles Spider-Man. And GT7 because I'm a sucker if that is near launch and Ratchet in the spring because it's popcorn entertainment.

I'll begrudgingly get Demon Souls. I just can't care much about remakes of games that aren't that old that I've already beaten. It's not old enough to be nostalgic like Tony Hawk 1+2, but I guess I can try a different build this go around since the Souls games are replayable like that. I did spellcaster ranged kiting in Demon Souls and then moved to melee as the Souls games went along and I got more comfortable with their melee game. I guess I'll go melee and do another run through this. Still, the magic and wow factor of exploring a new souls game is going to be missing since it hasn't been that long and I still remember all the twists and areas of Demons.

Astrobot is questionable. The VR game is one of the best Platformers I've played in the last decade or more, but that doesn't translate to me being particularly interested in a non-VR one by maybe a different team? I'll see how it reviews.

Otherwise, since I have a good gaming PC, pretty much everything 3rd party I'll play on that and don't care about PS5/Xseries. Exclusives & early release Japanese games are the only things I play on these consoles.

Astrobot's Playroom comes pre-installed on all PS5's.  :)

Bebpo

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2020, 03:47:41 PM »
Yeah, that gives me even less enthusiasm since it sounds like some throwaway thing vs an actually good new Astrobot game.

I'm hyped af for Astrobot 2 on PSVR2 launch in 2022 or something tho

Svejk

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2020, 03:57:26 PM »
Yeah, that gives me even less enthusiasm since it sounds like some throwaway thing vs an actually good new Astrobot game.

I'm hyped af for Astrobot 2 on PSVR2 launch in 2022 or something tho
I totally feel ya there.  I'd much rather need that than them just tacking on a VR feature to Playroom. 

Himu

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2020, 04:07:54 PM »

I'll begrudgingly get Demon Souls. I just can't care much about remakes of games that aren't that old that I've already beaten. It's not old enough to be nostalgic like Tony Hawk 1+2

The first time Tony Hawk 1 and 2 were remade, there was almost the same amount of time span between the original release of those games and the same length of years between Demon's Souls original release and its remake. Basically 10-12 years. There have also been so many changes to Souls games that Demon's remake may not even play like the original.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2020, 04:09:58 PM »
No one cares about that crappy remake Cindi. Most people playing the new one don't even know THPS1 has been remade before.

15-20 years old games are a lot more nostalgic than PS3/X360-era games. Going from PS2 graphics to modern like SoTC is a bigger jump than PS3 graphics to modern with Demon Souls.

Himu

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2020, 04:18:50 PM »

15-20 years old games are a lot more nostalgic than PS3/X360-era games. Going from PS2 graphics to modern like SoTC is a bigger jump than PS3 graphics to modern with Demon Souls.

Is this a joke? Especially considering the graphics of Demons's Souls were never a high bar for that generation?

Are graphics the only thing that validates a remake? Demon's Souls was a good-great but flawed game. Not wanting to see what modern From can do with the game with their current skill set and history because...graphics?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 04:22:55 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2020, 04:24:48 PM »
When they update the game to 120fps your weapons will degrade 4 times as fast :rejoice

Bebpo

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2020, 04:31:08 PM »

Is this a joke? Especially considering the graphics of Demons's Souls were never a high bar for that generation?

Are graphics the only thing that validates a remake? Demon's Souls was a good-great but flawed game. Not wanting to see what modern From can do with the game with their current skill set and history because...graphics?

Uhmmmm, my understanding is that From is not really involved in this game and this is just Bluepoint doing a straight 1:1 remake with visual upgrade. I'm not expecting any gameplay revisions.

Svejk

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2020, 05:21:27 PM »
I never played DeS, so whether 1:1 or no, it'll all be new for me.  Pretty excited.   To me, this is like the equivalent to say for example; Switch launched with a fully remastered Zeld:OoT... if one never played it, type exciting.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 05:29:19 PM by Svejk »

mormapope

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2020, 05:24:12 PM »
That remake is also a launch window title I believe.

PS5 is launching with CoD 17 and Ass Creed 9. Spiderman Arkham City 1.5 as well.
OH!

Bebpo

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2020, 05:25:22 PM »
I never played DeS, so whether 1:1 or no, it'll all be new for me.  Pretty excited.

It's a great game and has some cool stuff you don't want to spoil.

Svejk

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2020, 05:32:24 PM »
That remake is also a launch window title I believe.

PS5 is launching with CoD 17 and Ass Creed 9. Spiderman Arkham City 1.5 as well.
Totally crossing my fingers that it's launch day release...  unrealistic or no, trying to be optimistic here.  :lol

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2020, 06:45:10 PM »
I never played DeS, so whether 1:1 or no, it'll all be new for me.  Pretty excited.   To me, this is like the equivalent to say for example; Switch launched with a fully remastered Zeld:OoT... if one never played it, type exciting.
If you played any of the other Souls games, you already did.  ::)
Des got harvested hard, in the following games.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2020, 06:58:59 PM »
Starting with the 360 I was always Xbox and PC on the non-Nintendo side of things and never got a PlayStation console, except a PS2 very cheap to play some classics like MGS3 and SOTC.

I meanly stuck with Xbox because I liked the games they had to offer (Rare games and PGR at first, HALO and Gears when it was still made by the original teams, Remedy exclusives, the occasional surprise like Lost Odyssey and Forza Horizon).
Currently however, there's very little coming to Xbox Series X that interests me and I can probably play all the upcoming Xbox 'exclusives' on my PC.

This might be the first gen I'm considering a PS5 but moving from one platform to another seems such a hassle these days and of course I'll 'lose' a chance to bring over my Xbox BC library, cloud saves etc. .
My current plan is to just wait until spring / summer 2021 to see where things land in terms of exclusives, performance, hardware issues, pricing, developer support etc. .

Resident Evil Village is the big one I'm waiting for as far as next-gen games go and it seems like my Xbox One X has plenty of mileage left to run cross-gen games until that releases.
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2020, 08:36:30 PM »
If you played any of the other Souls games, you already did.  ::)
Des got harvested hard, in the following games.
I figured as much.  :lol

Starting with the 360 I was always Xbox and PC on the non-Nintendo side of things and never got a PlayStation console, except a PS2 very cheap to play some classics like MGS3 and SOTC.

I meanly stuck with Xbox because I liked the games they had to offer (Rare games and PGR at first, HALO and Gears when it was still made by the original teams, Remedy exclusives, the occasional surprise like Lost Odyssey and Forza Horizon).
Currently however, there's very little coming to Xbox Series X that interests me and I can probably play all the upcoming Xbox 'exclusives' on my PC.

This might be the first gen I'm considering a PS5 but moving from one platform to another seems such a hassle these days and of course I'll 'lose' a chance to bring over my Xbox BC library, cloud saves etc. .
My current plan is to just wait until spring / summer 2021 to see where things land in terms of exclusives, performance, hardware issues, pricing, developer support etc. .

Resident Evil Village is the big one I'm waiting for as far as next-gen games go and it seems like my Xbox One X has plenty of mileage left to run cross-gen games until that releases.
Yes, this too...  if they go with the PSVR2 route like VII did.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2020, 08:49:13 PM »
The first time Tony Hawk 1 and 2 were remade, there was almost the same amount of time span between the original release of those games and the same length of years between Demon's Souls original release and its remake. Basically 10-12 years.
No one cares about that crappy remake Cindi. Most people playing the new one don't even know THPS1 has been remade before.
THPS2X :karen

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2020, 08:56:53 PM »
Playing Cyberpunk with a big ol' raytraced dong.  :noah
©@©™

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2020, 10:45:47 AM »

:girlaff

Gaming laptops are a meme, just like 4K and 8K.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2020, 03:26:05 PM »
Bloodborne justified my ps4 purchase. OoT for N64. Halo for XBox.

Sometimes it only takes one, even if it comes 18 months or so after launch.

:trumps

I'm super pumped for Demon's Souls and HorizonFW. Also a PS5 will be better than my current PC setup so I'll be doing Cyberpunk on PS5 as well.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2020, 07:22:46 PM »

I mostly use my laptop for djing (though ofc that's not really happening now) and work, gaming is a nice bonus and I don't really play anything needing a high end system so it doesn't have to be that powerful.
^_^

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2020, 07:38:05 PM »
bugsnaxxx

pretty interested in what ends up happening with Avowed and Project Athia. i never ended up getting a ps4 or a bone, but i'll be picking up one of these things eventually. likely ps because the x doesn't really differ from pc in any meaningful way to me..
◕‿◕

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2020, 10:12:18 PM »

I mostly use my laptop for djing (though ofc that's not really happening now) and work, gaming is a nice bonus and I don't really play anything needing a high end system so it doesn't have to be that powerful.

Dunno what all your specs are, but a laptop with a 2060 should be able to run those games well enough at 1080P if not 1440P.
ど助平

paprikastaude

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2020, 01:02:13 PM »
Seems much better than PS4Bone which I couldn't care about until 3 years in, when Bloodborne came and for Metal Gear Solid V I didn't want the last gen version anymore.

This time I already want RE8 for sure while keeping out an eye for several titles like Ghostwire, Demon's, Sackboy, Astro or Kena. PS4Bone started as a continuation of those awful PS360 trends for their initial libraries, while this new gen seems to continue the much superior gaming tendencies of the last few years.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 01:06:33 PM by Spieler1 »

mormapope

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2020, 04:52:33 PM »
UPDATED LIST:

OH!

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2020, 04:53:25 PM »
You forgot Demon Souls though