Author Topic: Did anyone actually play LittlebigPlanet Vita  (Read 1199 times)

Bebpo

Did anyone actually play LittlebigPlanet Vita
« on: September 16, 2020, 09:53:05 PM »
Because I still haven't and I'm wondering if Sumo Digital is any good at platformers (we all know they're good at Arcade Racers and make ok Hitman levels) since they're launching one on the PS5.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: Did anyone actually play LittlebigPlanet Vita
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 11:49:15 PM »
I did. It's basically LittleBigPlanet 2 made portable. YMMV on that, but I enjoyed it and LBP1-2. I never played 3 (the one that didn't have Media Molecule oversight), so I can't say on the quality of that.

Also it was a mixture of MM oversight, Double 11 (one of Sony-GAF's posters was a developer there: Donkey Show, IIRC), and Sumo co-developing it.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 03:28:27 AM »
Yes but at work when I was testing it  :doge

Bebpo

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 03:34:43 AM »

Did you like it or do you hate all games when you test them? I've never done QA and I think it'd make me hate every game I QA'd

Bebpo

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 03:39:43 AM »
Also since this is now a LBP thread, I never played LBP3 either (which was also Sumo Digital, I didn't even remember that).

And I love LBP1 & 2's single player campaigns. I just lost interest when Media Molecule left the series since I was more interested in them as developers than the IP. Tearaway was great, Dreams is cool.

Maybe before PS5 launch I'll play LBP Vita and LBP3 and see what I think of Sumo Digital's platformer skills.

Bebpo

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 03:45:29 AM »
Wait, I just found out that Sumo Digital didn't make LittlebigPlanet Vita  :doge

It was Tarsier Studios who did Little Nightmares.

So now this thread is about LBP3. Did anyone play LBP3? Can Sumo Digital make a good platformer?

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 03:54:59 AM »

Did you like it or do you hate all games when you test them? I've never done QA and I think it'd make me hate every game I QA'd

Its linguistic QA so its different.

I think its cute and decent, real LBP game. If you played one you know what that means. Not the best platformers but a 6 or 7 out of 10.

archnemesis

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 06:56:12 AM »
I dislike all of the LittleBigPlanet games including 3. The physics are off, I don't like collectathons, nor creating my own levels.

The new one looks better though. Maybe I'll give it chance.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 07:33:36 AM »
^If you didn't like the previous 3-4, you probably won't like the new one. I'm pretty safe on saying that without even touching it.

LittleBigPlanet is it's own thing, you either enjoy the create-mode (which wasn't my bag, too complicated), or enjoy the effort that people that DO put in the time into create mode do.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 03:18:43 PM »
I do remember thinking this one was better then the other ones.