3 (5.9%)
PS5 distinguished mentally-challenged fellowo version
1 (2%)
Not getting next gen console this year
23 (45.1%)
Undecided
2 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Which next gen console are you getting this year?  (Read 4522 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Which next gen console are you getting this year?
« on: September 20, 2020, 01:53:08 AM »
The most important vote of the year

kingv

Re: Which next gen console are you getting this year?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 03:42:32 AM »
Xbox is official console of the bore

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 04:15:50 AM »
Xbox is official console of the bore

For us to poop on.
Margs

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 04:25:32 AM »
No both option? Might win a SX from Taco Bell but other than that :yeshrug
Hi

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2020, 07:28:05 AM »
Getting a PS5 just so I can call it shit.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2020, 07:30:16 AM »
This year probably none but next year Ill get an Xbox Series X for sure

BC for mostly all 360 and Xbox and Xbone games?

Lmao I voted for an S on accident
What

nudemacusers

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2020, 07:48:42 AM »
this year probably none; aside from demons'ses s'ouls' (and honestly I played the original for probably 1000 hours so I'm good) i don't care about any of the games supposedly releasing on these things in 2020.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2020, 07:49:30 AM »
then again some asshole kid down the street will probably get one from their parents so i i'll be forced to get one too.  >:(
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2020, 08:11:02 AM »
Not a single PS5 vote

Jim Playstation on suicide watch
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

paprikastaude

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2020, 08:36:33 AM »
PS5 next year. Don't give a shit about what is crossgen. Even if their lineup was worse, I would've still gotten it for PS4 bc and be done with those loading times and barely working menus in 2021.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 09:11:53 AM by Spieler1 »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2020, 11:22:43 AM »
>Consoles

:girlaff

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2020, 11:42:17 AM »
Series X at launch, PS5 when FF16 nears release
fat

Beezy

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2020, 11:44:54 AM »
Maybe the Series X depending on how much better Xbox One games load/look on it, but I'm in no rush to get anything at launch. I'm still on the OG Xbox One.

Bebpo

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2020, 01:19:10 PM »
PS5

Might pick up Series S as a retro games BC console down the line.

Svejk

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2020, 02:15:28 PM »
When I need a new speaker, or stand, for my PS5, I'll get the BonerS.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2020, 02:21:36 PM »
Don’t need to since I upgraded my PC to equivalent specs last year. :win

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2020, 02:25:05 PM »
PS5, I need Demon's on launch day.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2020, 03:12:19 PM »
Getting a PS5 just so I can call it shit.

:success
(ice)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2020, 04:22:39 PM »
Been playing next gen for two years now on my pc

yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2020, 06:14:42 PM »
I'd rather drop $500 on a new graphics card right now than either the PS5 or Xboner.
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2020, 07:07:52 PM »
I'm waiting for AMD to reveal the Zen 3 to see if I should finally replace my i7 4970k. At which point all pre-orders will be sold-out so the problem kinda fixes itself.
I dunno, I've got multiple routes I'm thinking about:

Xbox One X -> Xbox Series X
The logical choice to move all my Xbox stuff to the new generation. But as much as I love the One X for third party games, MS is just weak on the first party front.
They've stopped making and publishing most the games that I loved (PGR, classic IP Rare-games, MistWalker games, Remedy games etc.) or didn't get what made them good (HALO 5, Battletoads, Gears 5).
I also don't expect a big difference between XSX and PS5 games when it comes to multi-platform releases.

Xbox One X -> PlayStation 5 + PC GamePass
PS5 for console thingies and then the PC GamePass for the odd Microsoft title I want to play. The downside here is the insane price of PS5 software in Europe and the fact that I can't bring over my Xbox library.
I'm thinking a whole bunch of games (especially from JP developers) will skip Xbox this gen though. As is happening now with PS4 + Switch releases.

Xbox One X + PC
Just upgrade my PC and not bother with a next-gen console until they really get interesting.

This november is about Cyberpunk 2077 anyway. And that will run best on my RTX2070 Super regardless if I upgrade my CPU or not.
I still have plenty of other games I need to play, including VR stuff so right now I'm not seeing a reason to pick up a next-gen console until Resident Evil 8 or something releases.
🤴

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2020, 07:14:32 PM »
If you upgrade your gpu, you will have a bottleneck created by your 4970k (you probably already have one but are playing at 1080p so it's minimally noticeable)
yar

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2020, 07:23:21 PM »
If you upgrade your gpu, you will have a bottleneck created by your 4970k (you probably already have one but are playing at 1080p so it's minimally noticeable)
Yeah which is why I want to upgrade to a Zen 3 CPU. I was already looking at the Zen 2 over the summer but then news rolled in that Zen 3 would still come this year so I waited.
My RTX 2070 S is already bottlenecked somewhat at 1440p but with most games it isn't really noticeable. 
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2020, 07:36:01 PM »
I probably won't get one this year because of the pre-order mess and the fact that I'm not someone who does the line up thing. I'll get one when I can walk into the store and get it no problem.

And that will probably be the PS5, because I've enjoyed the PS4 the most this gen. If anything PS4, is my favorite console since the PS2. It's just given me plenty of amazing games.

I see myself as primarily console gamer. I have a good PC set-up that I use mostly for....FFXIV. I usually use my PC to replay games I liked at better performance or things like Civilization or MMOs that are just better on PC from a pure gameplay input level.

At the end of the day, I enjoy console gameing for the conveince and simplicity. Even in the days of discs being useless and day one patches, I know(mostly) what I'm going to get when I put the disc in with little real change. At least thats the story for most of the type of games I play. With that I get to enjoy the couch, the big tv, and the surround sound audio system with little input on my end. I also still mostly buy my games first run and physcial, beause I'm a nerd and enjoy physical media. This could all change as I get older and life changes. I've already seen little reason to buy and keep physcial comics thanks to my ipad. I'm getting more use to just using the digital copy instead of my blu rays, but I still like having physcial copes of movies I really like.

So with that said when I compare what Microsoft and Sony offer I'm not really thinking about the PC. For example to me Quantum Break is still an Xbox game. Gears 5 was the big xbox exclusive last year and so on. Though, obviously I'd play Break on my PC now. I could have played Gears 5 on PC, but the One X provided a great version of the game. Too bad the game was rather mediocre.

I feel like that highlights my problem with xbox. I just don't care about what MS offers. I bought the One X, it's a great system. Powerful and quiet with lots of utility over the PS4. When I can I mostly buy third party games for it. Red Dead 2 was great on the One X and I hope Cyberpunk is good on it. The BC with titles such as Final Fantasy XIII has been nifty as well. But at the end of the day espically in 2020 the Xbox might as well be the Switch in how much I don't use it. In 2020 I played on the PS4, FFVIIR, Ghosts of Tsushima, Last of US 2, Persona 5 R, Sakura Wars, Ys 4, Trials of Mana, and many more.  Some of these titles are on the PC or Switch, but a lot of them are just on the PS4. Either 3rd party or published by Sony. I also bought a VR and had titles like Iron Man Vr, Astro Bot, and Blood and Truth to play. Which are for sure not on the Xbox. PS4 to me has just been a platform with so much stuff. I'm not saying games like Last of Us or Ghosts are amazing world shattering games, but they are things that to me as a game enthusiast I want to play to at least see what they are about. I understand, but don't 100% agree with the criticism that Sony 1st party lacks diversity and is just overly cinematic games that are all the same. I feel like that is a very reductive and shallow criticism, but I also have to admit I do like cinematic games. I do like the high budget single player games that Sony has pretty much built as thier bread and butter. I also like the Japaenese supprt that still supports Sony even if they should really focus more and more on the Switch and give the PC a bone. In the end to me the PS4 has given me everything I'd want.

MS on the other hand has done nothing. I don't feel anything really ever took advantage of the One X. I have found MS first party so lacking. Gears and Halo are tired series at this point and giving them to developer factories has not given them any spark of life. Outside of that it's been pretty meh lower budget stuff like State of Decay and whatever that pirate Rare game is. I haven't really gotten strong single player focused stuff out of them and 3rd parties are really the ones offering anything of note. Like it's not like MS has a big multiplayer title thats going to take me away from stuff like CoD or Battlefield. Do you even remember that bad arena fighter game by Ninja Theory? I sure don't.

In general MS first party has been so dreadful this gen. I mean it's been shit since the Kinect, but wow can I not believe how bad it has gotten. While Sony has continued to build it's expertise, MS did nothing. Why should I be excited about another Xbox?

Because of the developers they bought? Well we have to see what fruits they bring, but I mean why should I be excited by Ninja Theory, a developer I'm not really sure has ever made a really good game. Compulsion Games? Dude, why would you by the developer of We Happy Few, a game so disappointing that it's forgettable. Double Fine? Yeah I guess they have their fans, but it seems like it's taken forever to just get out one platformer and in the end I'm not a fan. I guess it will be nice to see whatever Fable is and Forza is ok if you like racing games. Obsidian is really the main studio that I'm happy to see MS fund. I did'nt care about The Outer Worlds, but it's still a promising studio and despite Sony's games being rife with bland rpg level up mechanics, they don't really make wrpgs. Yet, in the end I don't really see anything worth getting hyped about. I see MS trying to play catch up and Sony further crafting what they have been building for years.

Yes I know MS has gamepass, but I've already said many times why gamepass does nothing for me. Maybe one day it will. I doubt it though. I don't see how it can support first run high budget single player games really. I don't see third parties willing to miss out on the revenue they get from full priced sales. You're not going to see Capcom, Square, and so on put new Resident Evils or FFs on there until they are satisfied by how much they have sold first run. Those aren't tillites I'm waiting for to hit gamepass. Yeah, MS first party will be on there, but I think MS first party is incredibly weak. So gamepass is pointless to me.

So for the kind of gamer I am, PS5 is the main choice. Honestly, I may just skip Xbox this gen. I can play Halo on my One X. If they have something super strong by year 2 maybe I'll get one. But I don't believe in MS. I have no faith they are going to offer me much.

And PS5 is going to have Final Fantasy XVI, so I have to get it.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 12:18:45 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2020, 07:52:03 PM »
Sony already snagged Death Loop, Ghostwire Tokyo and Final Fantasy 16 either exclusive or timed exclusive.

Today the news broke that Devil May Cry will have Ray Tracing on PS5 at launch and added on Xbox 'later with a patch'.
It seems like devs are for now going all in on PS5. Interesting to see if this trend keeps up with announcements at the VGA's and the likes.
🤴

BisMarckie

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2020, 10:51:03 PM »
I will buy both.

Selling my PS4 Pro this week for 200 bucks. Will keep my poverty PS4 just in case their backwards compatibility sucks.
Missed the first preorder window though. :maf

Not worried about not being able ot preorder an Xbox in Yurop  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2020, 12:10:07 AM »
I also still mostly buy my games first run and physcial, beause I'm a nerd and enjoy physical media. This could all change as I get older and life changes. I've already seen little reason to buy and keep physcial comics thanks to my ipad. I'm getting more use to just using the digital copy instead of my blu rays, but I still like having physcial copes of movies I really like.

I dropped buying 99% of books/comics physical years ago and rarely buy any blu-rays either.  And yet with video games, I'm still mostly physical on the consoles. 

I am a collector so that explains a big part of it, but that aside, I like getting Switch carts because they'll have the entire game or a big chunk of the game on them, saving space on the SD card for more digital-only titles. 

With the Playstation and Xbox platforms, it really doesn't matter since they all full-install anyway and then it's a minor inconvenience to switch discs and/or they might make a lot of noise in your system.  And then with some games, you can't even say that it makes for faster installs/re-installs when they end up downloading so much update data anyway.

ど助平

archnemesis

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2020, 03:29:17 AM »
I'm getting a PS5 with Demon's Souls at launch. I'm already paying for PS+ and PS Now so I guess I'll play old games until they release something worthwhile.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2020, 04:06:35 AM »
Probably like....95% of the reason for me to get an XSX this year is just to play my current game library in 4K. I'm also on team too-lazy-to-get-it-until-its-easily-available, as smashing F5 to preorder so you can wait in line with sweaty nerds and spend hours installing updates so you can maybe play two minutes of a game on launch day is not my thing. Not trying to kink-shame any of you fellows tho.

I have a desktop PC too but I don't use its GPU for anything work-related so I can't be assed to upgrade from my RX 580 for probably 2-3 years. I feel like we're still waiting for ML upscaling and RT to mature to the point where it's a natural part of the visual design.

Svejk

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2020, 08:24:08 AM »
I'm getting a PS5 with Demon's Souls at launch. I'm already paying for PS+ and PS Now so I guess I'll play old games until they release something worthwhile.
And with PS Plus going for $30 (again) atm, I got like 3 years worth for less than $100...  Kind awesome vs GamePass and Boner Live prices...  When it comes to games I need to play Day 1, those come around about 3-4 times a year only.  Backlogs are getting bigger anyhow...   GP way doesn't fit my gaming agenda at all, personally.

Beezy

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2020, 09:07:12 AM »
And with PS Plus going for $30 (again) atm, I got like 3 years worth for less than $100...
Where?

Svejk

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2020, 09:20:00 AM »
And with PS Plus going for $30 (again) atm, I got like 3 years worth for less than $100...
Where?
https://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/playstation-plus/1-year-playstation-plus-membership-ps3-ps4-ps-vita-digital-code?cjevent=1dff3823fc0d11ea83c301200a240613&utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2020, 12:52:16 PM »
Been playing next gen for two years now on my pc

(Image removed from quote.)

Diablo 3 is last gen

nudemacusers

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2020, 12:53:18 PM »
Nm I’m being a series x so I play those sweet Bethesda games on gamepsss  :doge
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2020, 01:28:17 PM »
Man i dont known if I should upgrade my X one X to a series X for 1080p gaming  :-\

Rahxephon91

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2020, 01:36:11 PM »
Nm I’m being a series x so I play those sweet Bethesda games on gamepsss  :doge
You haven't played one of the many versions of Skyrim already?

A great another old game everyones already played on Gamepass!

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2020, 02:00:02 PM »
yar

nudemacusers

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2020, 02:00:07 PM »
I have more copies of Skyrim than children  :doge
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Bebpo

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2020, 02:07:48 PM »

I have two (regular & vr) and still never played more than an hour. Haven't bought Fallout 4 either. Not a Bethesda fan at all.

nudemacusers

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2020, 02:10:05 PM »
You have a VR child?? :jared
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 02:30:46 PM by nudemacusers »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Svejk

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2020, 02:10:08 PM »

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2020, 05:44:44 PM »
i'm building my own console with a 12 core zen 3 and an rtx 3080 called the asschewer 40k because it chews the ass off of soyny greystations and micropenis pissboxes.

stay drooling nerds. i've got pussy to wade in.

Bebpo

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2020, 05:57:02 PM »
i'm building my own console with a 12 core zen 3 and an rtx 3080 called the asschewer 40k because it chews the ass off of soyny greystations and micropenis pissboxes.

stay drooling nerds. i've got pussy to wade in.

But will it play PS5 exclusives?

That's the thing. If you can afford a good gaming PC, it seems like PC + PS5 + Nintendo always makes the most sense for the last few years and the years coming up this next gen.

Every single Xbox exclusive you can play on your gaming rig with PC Game Pass for free day 1, PS5 for Sony exclusives and Nintendo system for Nintendo exclusives.

For people that don't want to spend $$$$$ on videogaming because it's a waste and don't want to build a PC rig, Xbox Series X/S makes the most sense for 1st choice system because of Game Pass and console exclusives, then PS5/Nintendo for their exclusives. But if you're shelling out $$$$ for a gaming rig, why not have access to all the games for a few bucks more.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2020, 06:19:14 PM »
mate i barely play half the games i want to play, why would i buy a console for a bunch of cinematic mumblewank resetera shite and japanese nonce bait?

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2020, 07:39:03 PM »
When I need a new speaker, or stand, for my PS5, I'll get the BonerS.
If you want a speaker, i suggest you stick to playstation, if PS4pro is anything to go by, they're way louder.  :doge

BisMarckie

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2020, 03:42:29 AM »
Xbox Series X sold out everywhere within 10 minutes in Germany.
They must have allocated like 15 consoles.  :doge

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2020, 03:44:33 AM »
Lol I was in the queue for nearly an hour at game and now the website has crashed and under maintenance :titus
(ice)

BisMarckie

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2020, 03:59:00 AM »
Got one, don’t like paying up front for preorders, but whatevs.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2020, 04:34:50 AM »
:success

I’ll just wait a couple of months until they’re readily available :trumps
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2020, 04:53:45 AM »
Oh shit, Xbox Series X back in stock. Should I get it  :shaking
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2020, 05:00:25 AM »
just wait 6 months they'll be dirt cheap in yurrp :trumps
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2020, 06:28:34 AM »
Oh shit, Xbox Series X back in stock. Should I get it  :shaking

Where
What

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2020, 06:52:52 AM »
I think I decided to keep the One X for now.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2020, 08:22:27 AM »
fuck yeah! can't wait to play gears tactics and *checks notes* the falconeer

◕‿◕

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2020, 08:24:22 AM »
finding out that there isn't gonna be the proper next gen cyberpunk until next year means i can wait a bit :phil
(ice)

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2020, 12:00:35 PM »
I lied, I pre-ordered my Series X and I might leave the fucker sealed in it's package when I get it. Either sell it for a higher price around launch or open it up once some games come out.
OH!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2020, 07:15:37 PM »
I managed to stick to my plan for now to wait for the upcoming Ryzen reveal.

Actually had the XSX added to my cart but checked the launch line-up and I couldn't find a single game I was willing to get at those prices.  :doge
🤴

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2020, 07:49:10 PM »
Actually had the XSX added to my cart but checked the launch line-up and I couldn't find a single game I was willing to get at those prices.  :doge

but you can go back and play up res'd slightly improved versions of xbone classics like *checks notes* gears 5!
◕‿◕

kingv

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2020, 01:00:45 PM »

I saw a dude who did some 4k ultra benchmarks on the 3090 with a 4790k and honestly the bottlenecking wasn’t that bad. Much worse at lower resolutions/high frame rates.

It made me think that upgrading the GPU could go ok if you don’t want to upgrade everything at once.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2020, 03:40:01 PM »