Author Topic: Does anyone else play using very low backlight/brightness settings?  (Read 950 times)

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
So for HDR it's been suggested that you crank up backlighting and other settings to make your display as bright as possible. Doing this though, it gives me a headache if I'm playing for more than a couple of hours.

With SDR content, I've found low backlighting makes it easier to relax your eyes and notice details without straining your eyes or squinting from blinding whites.

On my hisense tv, it's pretty much calibrated as close as possible without messing with white balance. The backlight is set at 2/100.
OH!

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: Does anyone else play using very low backlight/brightness settings?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 09:57:44 AM »
default settings 4 life here :success

edit: actually i had to fuck around with the brightness on ghost of tsushima because I couldn't see shit in the dark on that with hdr on
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 10:02:01 AM by Piss Benoit »
(ice)

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 10:21:51 AM »
I usually crank the brightness up a bit - I find a lot of modern games a bit too dark, especially on my OLED.
^_^

archnemesis

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 10:55:01 AM »
It depends on the lighting of the room. At night I play my Switch at the lowest brightness setting to spare my eyes. During the day I'm usually fine with the default settings.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 11:31:12 AM »
My tv kinda broke a few months back, had to reset it to factory settings, and have been afraid to turn up the brightness past 6
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 01:21:37 PM »
It depends on the game and screen.
Both my OLED and IPS have damn great colors that on occasion it only takes a little tweaking.

I have my overall OLED brightness at about 50% though, otherwise subtitles and other white things will just burn your eyes out.  8) 8)
🤴

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 03:58:29 PM »
As low as the ambient lighting permits.