Author Topic: Any of you fuckers have twitter?  (Read 2634 times)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Any of you fuckers have twitter?
« on: October 30, 2020, 07:09:14 AM »
It's like a forum except you have to earn friends? I don't get it

T-Short

• hooker strangler
Re: Any of you fuckers have twitter?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 07:28:47 AM »
Yes. It's fun, as long as you don't use official clients.
地平線

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 07:52:23 AM »
I had a great one ;) but I tend to shutdown my social media accounts and it got deleted for being down for too long  ::)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 08:44:24 AM »

I just use the web client and mobile app. Bar the ads on the mobile app, it hasn't been THAT bad? Might be Stockholm Syndrome from being on it for 12-15 years now.

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 09:08:55 AM »

I just use the web client and mobile app. Bar the ads on the mobile app, it hasn't been THAT bad? Might be Stockholm Syndrome from being on it for 12-15 years now.

I use Tweetdeck on desktop and Tweetbot on mobile. Can't fuckin' stand the ads, algorithmic timeline and the "HERE'S SOME INFLAMMATORY RIGHT WING TWEETS YOU MIGHT WANT TO READ" recommendations of the official app.
地平線

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 09:09:55 AM »
I'm just a lurker, I never post.

It's like any social media, it's good for niche topics but terrible for general topics. Casual users are cool, people that spend all day on there suck.

Coax

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2020, 09:14:42 AM »
Been using recently a browser addon to redirect to an alternative, read-only front end (Nitter). Similarly been using one too for Youtube videos (Invidious) for a longer while. Stripped down, customizable experience. Both with dark themes.

samir

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2020, 09:17:43 AM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2020, 09:23:31 AM »
Yup, but I keep it boring and use it for video game stuff or retweeting funny junk.
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2020, 09:27:02 AM »
"HERE'S SOME INFLAMMATORY RIGHT WING TWEETS YOU MIGHT WANT TO READ" recommendations of the official app.

Those are the best though, because you get people dunking on those.

Twitter is what you make of it.

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2020, 09:56:47 AM »

Yes, on third-party clients, where I can curate my own content and not read idiotic reactionary garbage.
地平線

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2020, 10:00:13 AM »
follow, subscribe, like

https://twitter.com/ReformedLung
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 03:10:22 AM by Mr Gilhaney »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2020, 12:41:06 PM »
I do

Its mmarsu

Dont follow me
What

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2020, 01:24:38 PM »
Yup, but I keep it boring and use it for video game stuff or retweeting funny junk.

i read this as furry and threw up in my mouth :yuck
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2020, 03:23:52 PM »

i read this as furry and threw up in my mouth :yuck

:kobeyuck
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2020, 04:15:05 PM »
buy my tapes off bandcamp to gain access to my twitter

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2020, 04:33:25 PM »
I complain to massive companies that I received poor service due to my race and the send me free stuff
:O

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2020, 04:47:19 PM »
What race is that, slow?

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2020, 05:22:00 PM »
:O

thisismyusername

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2020, 06:19:59 PM »

Yes, on third-party clients, where I can curate my own content and not read idiotic reactionary garbage.

How will you keep your finger on the CHUD pulse though? :thinking

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2020, 07:11:13 PM »
I just subbed to Gilhaney. :drool

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2020, 07:30:29 PM »
 :itagaki

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2020, 11:10:22 PM »
twitter is basically all nonces and people who haven't yet been outed as nonces shouting at each other.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2020, 11:58:01 PM »
twitter is basically all nonces and people who haven't yet been outed as nonces shouting at each other.

I am the nonce and future king.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2020, 01:51:49 AM »
Twitter is useful in some ways probably, but I'm not sure it's truly anything to do with the website or default client's design intentions or what the company wants. I almost never use my "feed" because I only follow a handful of people who mostly aren't (or weren't) prolific tweeters and see tweets more mostly from other sources like forums or messages or discord. But I'm weird maybe.

I used to tweet into the void when real life friends were using Twitter but then I kinda stopped after they mostly left to go back to Facebook. I've tweeted like three times in seven years. Now there's this creepy filipino dude who responds to my tweets on there if I make them. And Michael Bloomberg didn't give me any money for my prior tweet on his behalf. Is there an android equivalent of Tweetbot? Maybe I'd start tweeting again if I didn't use the default app on my phone. I forget what I used to use on desktop/laptop when I did tweet, it probably says if I look back. Though I imagine I can probably tweet into the void just as well on the default app and am likely just making excuses. As if it's a big deal to shitpost into the void.

To your other question, some of the most successful people use Twitter "properly" and some of the most successful use it to write essays. I prefer the former obviously but there's lots of ways to "success" on Twitter.

paprikastaude

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2020, 03:02:45 AM »
I made a gaming feed not to be that reliant on resetti news anymore. And follow what the bire says, so add me.  :-[ https://twitter.com/kainzkT  And in Pokemon GO too.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2020, 05:10:37 AM »
Twitter gives you direct access to the Matrix
🤴

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2020, 06:54:18 AM »
Is there an android equivalent of Tweetbot?

No and it drives me insane, the official app is trash
itm

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2020, 07:06:32 PM »
Twitter is useful in some ways probably, but I'm not sure it's truly anything to do with the website or default client's design intentions or what the company wants. I almost never use my "feed" because I only follow a handful of people who mostly aren't (or weren't) prolific tweeters and see tweets more mostly from other sources like forums or messages or discord. But I'm weird maybe.

I don't use the main feed all that much anymore but for a different reason: there's a limit (5000) to the number of accounts you can follow (it's only lifted if 5000 accounts follow you) and I hit it long ago, but when you hit the limit you can still add other accounts to lists, so I started doing that to get around the limit and now I usually just view one of my lists (I'm up to 53 of them some with hundreds of accounts) instead  :lol

That's all just for my main account as I have several alts as well :lol
QED

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2020, 06:05:56 AM »
Recursive trying to jack into the noosphere.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Tasty

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2020, 05:59:07 PM »
No. I would delete mine, but I don't want my handle being free to take. I'm planning on deleting my tweets and signing out permanently on the 1st.

Twitter is bad for mental health, political stability, and everything in between. If it died tomorrow (and nothing similar took its place) I would be immensely pleased and I'm convinced the world would be a better place.

Those who continue to actively engage with the service don't have a right to then complain about it, as far as I'm concerned. Enjoy the mud pit, you pigs. :trumps

Tasty

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2020, 06:00:57 PM »
buy my tapes off bandcamp to gain access to my twitter

I do it anyways cause I like your tunes. :heartbeat

ringlow

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2020, 11:24:33 PM »
i only follow kpop, chinese propaganda accounts and tech, best blend of entertainment

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2020, 11:45:07 PM »
No. I would delete mine, but I don't want my handle being free to take. I'm planning on deleting my tweets and signing out permanently on the 1st.

Twitter is bad for mental health, political stability, and everything in between. If it died tomorrow (and nothing similar took its place) I would be immensely pleased and I'm convinced the world would be a better place.

Those who continue to actively engage with the service don't have a right to then complain about it, as far as I'm concerned. Enjoy the mud pit, you pigs. :trumps

I just stick to video game stuff and it has been fine.  I find FB much worse.
ど助平

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2020, 12:48:44 AM »

I love twitter, you probably just need to find a twitter clique that's right for you.
QED

Tasty

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2020, 01:06:50 AM »

I love twitter, you probably just need to find a twitter clique that's right for you.

My cumulative Twitter usage almost certainly exceeds yours; I don't need to be lectured on the "right way" to use Twitter. Take it from me: it's rotten all the way down, and if you think you're somehow a special snowflake who's immune to Twitter's manipulative elements, you're wrong.

Tasty

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2020, 01:11:03 AM »
I find FB much worse.

I don't disagree. They're both awful and humanity would be better off without either service. That Facebook is definitely more evil than Twitter does not mean "Twitter is good, actually."

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2020, 01:32:43 AM »
fbtw
QED

Tasty

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2020, 01:37:56 AM »
fbtw

I pre-emptively accept your apology for when you inevitably quit Twitter.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2020, 01:40:49 AM »
fwb  :hump
Margs

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2020, 05:37:57 AM »
fbtw

I pre-emptively accept your apology for when you inevitably quit Twitter.

thx, the skein of fate is tangled indeed and while I don't assign a high probability to that branch of the multiverse I still appreciate thoughtful gestures such as queued up apology acceptances across any and all contingent futures and have therefore queued up my own apology acceptance acceptance in the appropriate thread-local storage. :)
QED

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2020, 06:49:15 AM »
I enjoy Twitter a lot but I don't post much anymore myself.
What I'm tired of though is the sales/industry analyst LARP of the artists formerly known as NeoGAF or ResetEra members and their groupies.

These days I'm more into niches like boomer shooter Twitter.
🤴

Propagandhim

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2020, 10:13:09 AM »
lol at crossing real life w/ borelife

ringlow

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2020, 10:14:42 AM »

My cumulative Twitter usage almost certainly exceeds yours; I don't need to be lectured on the "right way" to use Twitter. Take it from me: it's rotten all the way down, and if you think you're somehow a special snowflake who's immune to Twitter's manipulative elements, you're wrong.

(Image removed from quote.)
fully aware twitter is trash, just decided to choose trash i can laugh at instead of make me angry

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2020, 11:15:47 AM »
then all the people who used to be a larf turn into blow hard political experts like everyone else :trumps
(ice)

recursivelyenumerable

QED

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2020, 01:39:45 AM »
https://twitter.com/interpretantion/status/1342149056383037440

The only ones I know are rose twitter, bread twitter, wank dad twitter, and K-Pop twitter, but I don't know what any of those things mean.
©@©™