Poll

should the west coast secede?

yes
12 (54.5%)
no
10 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: west coast secession?  (Read 1156 times)

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
west coast secession?
« on: November 04, 2020, 02:01:08 PM »
message body
每天生气

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
Re: west coast secession?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 02:07:35 PM »
Secede and then join Canada.   So that I can transfer to the RCMP’s brand new California Division.  ;)
MMA

shosta

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 02:15:22 PM »
definitely not interested in that.
每天生气

G The Resurrected

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 02:18:51 PM »
I’d be down if we became part of Japan. Combining economies sounds like a win win.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 02:53:46 PM »
Seceding got you in this mess the first time

Think how much better things would be under Boris Jonhson

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 03:02:04 PM »
I love how west coasters think they are this liberal bastion, but you drive 150 miles east from their population centers and you might as well be in Indiana.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2020, 03:30:16 PM »
liberal bastion with overlords that push for things like prop 22
◕‿◕

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2020, 03:33:46 PM »
California: We're so liberal and progressive!

Uber and Lyft: so like can we maybe pay our drivers poverty wages it would be real cool if we could

California: WHY YES YOU CAN
dog

shosta

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2020, 03:44:09 PM »

Uber and Lyft: so like can we maybe pay our drivers poverty wages it would be real cool if we could

That IS liberal :hitler
每天生气

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2020, 03:47:25 PM »
edit  :doge
Uncle

shosta

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2020, 03:59:40 PM »
Not going to pretend like Prop 22 and the cash bail stuff didn't gut me but I see some pretty obvious reasons for why an amicable divorce is desirable:
- A regional west coast government is much more likely to spend money than the federal government currently does
- A new nation is not bound by the 2nd amendment
- California democrats are propped up by the spectacle of the national two party system - without the specter of the republican party being a credible threat, it will be easier for people to see them as the corrupt frauds that they really are
- the new nation can finally provide a path to citizenship for the millions of people living in the shadows within its borders, who are only partially integrated at the moment
- the new nation can pursue a national healthcare policy without constantly worrying about the effect it will have on battleground states
- we won't have to deal with the insanity that is the senate anymore

this new era of gridlock is proof that the old system is an obstacle. the time is now. break away. seize your future
每天生气

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2020, 04:47:31 PM »
Sounds pretty self serving tbh, where is your patriotism :trumps
(ice)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2020, 04:51:50 PM »
- the new nation can finally provide a path to citizenship for the millions of people living in the shadows within its borders, who are only partially integrated at the moment

ah yes the fastest growing and overwhelmingly conservative latinx community

I suppose a new nation is free to disallow voting representation to whatever groups it wishes :trumps
Uncle

shosta

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2020, 04:53:52 PM »
Sounds pretty self serving tbh, where is your patriotism :trumps
the working class has no nation... write that one down
每天生气

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2020, 05:31:38 PM »

^

:kermit And that's the T, sis.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2020, 06:38:53 PM »
To be honest did any of you read the ballot on those propositions in California? The language they use in the more complicated props need a damn translation guide. I do my research when it comes to this stuff and this year it was even more difficult than in years past.

nudemacusers

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2020, 02:40:15 AM »
california is mostly full of losers tbh so we can lose it as a nation. keep OR and WA tho for the weedz and drugz.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2020, 02:44:41 AM »

ah yes the fastest growing and overwhelmingly conservative latinx community

I suppose a new nation is free to disallow voting representation to whatever groups it wishes :trumps

if you want to know how a conservative catholic electorate will run the country, just look at Poland

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2020, 04:40:26 AM »
Just give California to Mexico.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2020, 06:08:30 AM »
Not going to pretend like Prop 22 and the cash bail stuff didn't gut me but I see some pretty obvious reasons for why an amicable divorce is desirable:
- A regional west coast government is much more likely to spend money than the federal government currently does
- A new nation is not bound by the 2nd amendment
- California democrats are propped up by the spectacle of the national two party system - without the specter of the republican party being a credible threat, it will be easier for people to see them as the corrupt frauds that they really are
- the new nation can pursue a national healthcare policy without constantly worrying about the effect it will have on battleground states
- we won't have to deal with the insanity that is the senate anymore

this new era of gridlock is proof that the old system is an obstacle. the time is now. break away. seize your future

I want to paint a picture for you and some other's in this thread of this series.

In KH3 , there's this scene  where the game is desperately trying to be normative. Kari and Sora on the tree from KH one there's a romantic sunset and Kairi offers sora to share the weird star fruit with her to cement their hetero normative romance to at the last second of this story cement sora is totally not in love with this silver haired jock he totally he isn't in love with. It is sad , has no life and kairi feels foreign. She feels like she doesn't belong she's surrounded by all these characters without actual development and who had with through things. And she had just kind of been either off camera or a form of damsel through most of it. Robbed of her agency. So this scene that in a better written plot might actually be interesting because there would have been some romantic build up. Ends up feeling empty , hollow.
To cement this further, off to the left riku the silver haired jock sora totally isn't in love with and totally didn't make a combo keyblade earlier in the game that's literally rainbow colored, is having a conversion with himself. Not a joke, there is a version of himself inside of himself talking to himself a plot line that was just introduced in this game. He is sitting on the beach talking outloud to a person no one else can see. He looks like a crazy person. This crazy person scene is more engaging that anything kairi is doing at this point, because she has lacked so much agency and build up over the series. I would rather watch riku talk to his self on a beach , then any attempts of whatever hetero normative last minute bullshit they are trying to shove into the game. ( Trying to be normal at the last minute is how I would in general describe my gripes with KH3, but that's a different thread)

She gets a little more in what is essentially final mix in this game, she gets a co boss battle and gets to create the rainbow blade too. But we had a whole year to sit on KH3 vanilla and considering the hidden cutscene is the same old sora riku stuff its very obvious where the focus is.

Kairi is a character I always wanted to be cool because it at least on the surface and in a couple manga she had a sort of firey personality. I wanted her to go out and do stuff too. But now I kind of hate her because she's just a living prop to put next to sora to say " Hey guys, sora is totally not gay ". Upon recollection that's kind of all she ended up being after KH1. A damsel for goal purposes and when not that a potential romantic intrest to try and make you forget sora is really interested in that silver haired jock.

This doesn't even speak to how they women characters in general are treated in kh3.

I like this series but I hope they do better is all i'm going to say
Margs

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2020, 06:21:40 AM »
I'm rolling East Coast, Davao RPRZNT.
ὕβρις

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2020, 08:48:15 AM »
There's a little known constitutional clause that says "any states that secede have to take Florida with them". It's the poison pill that's kept this union together.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2020, 09:41:37 AM »
what if the rest of the states break off from the liberal coastal elites to form the confederate states of trump :ohhh
(ice)

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2020, 05:26:09 PM »
Do people understand what secession means or entails?

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2020, 08:23:01 PM »
There's a little known constitutional clause that says "any states that secede have to take Florida with them". It's the poison pill that's kept this union together.
The doctrine of mutually assured Floridaization is actually the linchpin to our democracy

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2020, 08:30:49 PM »
what if the rest of the states break off from the liberal coastal elites to form the confederate states of trump :ohhh
One of the things I imagined Trump would do was try to strike strike a 'deal' with Biden so that the could rule the red states and Biden the blue states.
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2020, 09:04:20 PM »
You're just trying to stick us with Trump by taking away 74 EVs.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2020, 04:10:21 AM »
california is mostly full of losers tbh so we can lose it as a nation. keep OR and WA tho for the weedz and drugz.

Naw, man. CA, OR, WA are all the same: delicious at the coast, ignorant/militant/libertarian once you get inland.

Just keep the crust, it's the best part.