Author Topic: Gamer Awareness Week 2020! (18th ~ 25th Nov.) - THREADMARK POST #5  (Read 1227 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
UPDATE THREADMARK POST #5 - VERY HIGH QUALITY POST

Hi all today I would like to discuss an important topic that is very sensitive for a part of our community and that is the impending release of the video game Cyberpunk 2077 and how it impacts the gaming community.
As you know gamers in our society are being harassed and bullied systemically that's why it is important that we speak up and people listen to what we have to say.

SIT DOWN AND LISTEN

How it all began
Modern video gaming began when Nolan Bushnell had a hottub and Atari and they made video games all day. It was awesome and they made a lot of money.
Then some bad corporate people came over and bought the company and rushed out a video game called ET. That destroyed the gaming industry.
Thankfully the industry was revived by Nintendo who released the NES. Following Nintendo a man named Tom Kalinske successfully marketed the SEGA Genesis in North America.
Only to be clowned by his Japanese bosses when the PlayStation came to the scene virtually handing Sony the gaming market on a platter.  Sometime later Microsoft decided to make consoles in a tax fraud scheme.
At some point video game companies decided to make casual games for normies such as Kinect Star Wars during this time gamers could only play video games in secret on their PC until finally Dark Souls arrived.
Of course there's more to this, required reading would be Wikipedia.

Gamers matterThere I said it, I'm not afraid to say it. If you are a gamer find yourself a mirror and say to yourself: "Gamers matter". If you are not a gamer find a gamer in your community and support them.
If we speak up they can't ignore us. Recently Netflix has already released a TV series based on another CD Projekt Red videogame called "The Witcher" this has brought gamers much needed awareness.
Other examples include the recently released Sonic movie starring Sonic the Hedgehog created by Mr. Kalinske and Pixels, which stars many video game franchises like Pac-Man.
These are all examples of representation but unfortunately gamers are not represented in the movie and comic book business enough. Famous gamers include Brie Larson and Super Man.
Some people who you might not expected to be gamers are actually gamers such as former US President Barrack Obama and the late Saudi prince Osama Bin Laden.
Society sadly does not or did not  accept them for who they are. Bin Laden was prosecuted and finally executed without trial and his video games confiscated.

Not all video gamers are happy and star in TV shows

Where are are today?
So today we are in gamer awareness week because this week the game Cyberpunk was supposed to come out. Because we cannot be aware while playing it so it makes sense to do awareness this week and not when it actually releases on December 10th.
Even though the week has already started we will continue awareness into the next week. Gamers deserve a full 7 days of awereness.
For gamers this has been an exciting yet troubling journey that started 8 years ago when Cyberpunk was first announced by CD Project Red. Since then we've had to cope with many disappointments and dangers.
Such as the lack of new games in the Deus Ex series, replaced by mundane Marvel trash. But also the terrible state that Mass Effect: Andromeda released in. It has not been an easy time for gamers.
As you read this millions of gamers are being denied access to the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X consoles because influencers got them first. For PC gamers the situation isn't much better or perhaps even worse.
RTX 3000-series GPU's and the new Radeon 6000-series are in low supply as are the new Ryzen 5000 CPU's. Gamers looking to upgrade to play Cyberpunk 2077 might not be able to do so this holiday season if ever.
They can only watch YouTube reviews and Twitch streams of the products they want to buy and are forced to watch advertisements.

How can I support?
You can support gamers by pre-ordering Cyberpunk 2077 on your system of choice and if you don't have gaming hardware yourself or you've already pre-ordered gift a copy of Cyberpunk 2077 to a friend or relative.
Other ways to support are using the hashtags #Cyberpunk2077 and #gamersriseup and posting on the gaming board about video games
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?board=6.0

Please be aware that drive by postings are not tolerated. Thank you for reading this and stay aware.

Whatever hardships we face, we are here and we are here to game
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 01:33:24 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: Gamer Awareness Week 2020! (18th ~ 25th Nov.)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 07:11:49 AM »
:whew
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 07:34:09 AM »
All I want to know is, why is this game supposedly problematic? Because there are characters in the game that have robot dicks? Advertised as sex workers?

So what, as if the future was ever gonna be some perfect idyllic fantasy or Star Trek Academy type shit where everyone is samey.
What

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 10:40:21 AM »
well they made some assume my gender jokes and such, on twitter. and then included dick girls with BIG dicks. better dicks than we could ever imagine. probably the best dick we will ever see.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 10:47:38 AM »
obama never had a cyberdick like this :trumps
(ice)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 11:48:38 AM »
I'm just waiting for Cyberspunk 2069.

Tasty

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2020, 12:44:21 PM »
Why not Gaymer Awareness Week

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2020, 12:50:21 PM »
Margs

thetylerrob

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2020, 12:57:14 PM »
A G A G  A G  :supergay
l  a  r  a  r  a
l  y  e m e  y
   m    e     m
   e     r      e
   r     s      r
   s            s

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2020, 01:31:34 PM »
Why not Gaymer Awareness Week (Image removed from quote.)
Read the threadmark this is Gamer Awareness Week but sure, you can do it next week.

obama never had a cyberdick like this :trumps
Fantastic post piss this should be threadmarked
🤴

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
Re: Gamer Awareness Week 2020! (18th ~ 25th Nov.) - THREADMARK POST #5
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2020, 01:46:25 PM »
They targeted gamers.

Gamers.

We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.

We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.

We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.

Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know evety little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded.

Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed 8n frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights?

These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our media? We're already building a new one without them. They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the games our selves. They think calling us racist, mysoginistic, rape apologists is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent 10 year olds with a shitty head set. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Who enjoy the battle of attrition they've threatened us with. Who take it as a challange when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.

Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2020, 01:50:26 PM »
Margs

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2020, 01:51:48 PM »
https://m.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2020, 01:57:09 PM »
 :salute

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2020, 03:53:20 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2020, 05:56:40 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2020, 05:57:20 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2020, 06:02:29 PM »

:titus
ど助平

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2020, 06:21:59 PM »
Holy smokes. I Know I'm Awesome might be the worst channel I've seen this year (that's new to me). Those 6 minutes felt like forever.

this channel falls in with so many of those horrendous "gamer comics".

Us gamers right?  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2020, 06:25:43 PM »
Holy smokes. I Know I'm Awesome might be the worst channel I've seen this year (that's new to me). Those 6 minutes felt like forever.

this channel falls in with so many of those horrendous "gamer comics".

Us gamers right?  :doge

Respect for making it through the entire video.  I had enough after the toilet part. :dizzy
ど助平

samir

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2020, 06:53:26 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2020, 06:22:57 PM »
Thank you for all this awareness gamers  8)

Where we game one we game all
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2020, 09:16:09 PM »

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2020, 09:18:08 PM »
tune in to my twitter tomorrow, where i will be saying the n word