Author Topic: Super Nintendo World 🍄  (Read 3515 times)

Tasty

Super Nintendo World 🍄
« on: November 30, 2020, 02:35:04 PM »

Gimme that vaccine ASAP, Gatesy-boy :lawd

Clockwork5

Re: Super Nintendo World 🍄
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 02:50:26 PM »
That just made me sad that Nintendo games are stuck in 720p.

Tasty

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 02:51:09 PM »
Why's it all rendered in CG if its opening in a few months?

I could see some visual stuff still needing to come together in the last 2.5 months that they might not want to show.

And they've had the CG sitting around for years (probably getting improvements), and this way they don't need to hire a camera crew during a possible quarantine.

Tasty

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 02:53:01 PM »
Why's it all rendered in CG if its opening in a few months?

Here you go.

Tasty

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 02:56:12 PM »
That just made me sad that Nintendo games are stuck in 720p.

If you're a pleb with a Switch Lite maybe :confused

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13F5kp5iJZUXE-5gHgck7j45HqR5omqLdhCmNK-cOjDI/htmlview

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2020, 03:00:47 PM »
Looks sad and lifeless like Legoland.

PS. Don't go to legoland.

Bebpo

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2020, 03:13:15 PM »
Looks neat. After covid will check it out next time in Japan.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2020, 04:05:59 PM »
I have getting over there mentally penciled in for 2023, SNW will be on the list of things to check out should that journey happen.
Hi

Tasty

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2020, 04:11:11 PM »
I have getting over there mentally penciled in for 2023, SNW will be on the list of things to check out should that journey happen.

Bore-con 2023: JAPAN :o

Trent Dole

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2020, 04:14:05 PM »

Let's fuckin' gooooo :rock :rock :rock
Hi

G The Resurrected

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2020, 05:06:17 PM »
When we were at USJ last year  :'( You could see the park coming together in the background of Waterworld (damn good stunt show.) USJ is a blast, especially around Halloween time. We can’t wait to go back.

Are those custom Halolens I see?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2020, 08:04:20 PM »

:bow :bow :bow :mario :bow2 :bow2 :bow2

Tasty

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2020, 08:07:07 PM »
I came. :noah

Tasty

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2021, 12:04:23 PM »
Jeesh that looks boring af
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2021, 01:16:51 PM »
Or at least a Go Kart circuit for Mario Kart, not this slow "im moving through a castle" shit.

I mean what the hell man
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2021, 01:17:58 PM »
Yeah it really should be you get to run/jump/climb through Mario stages. Put some bungie cords on and let people fall off the clouds.

It wouldnt be that hard to make a Mario Course as in an inflatable castle below (so if you do fall in a pit or something, you are 'underground' and the underground music starts playing, you cant get hurt since its inflatable.

I dunno, not sure if you're even serious but there's a way to do it for sure.
What

Tasty

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2021, 01:25:34 PM »
Or at least a Go Kart circuit for Mario Kart, not this slow "im moving through a castle" shit.

I mean what the hell man

Ehhh we're not seeing the AR aspect or interacting with the NFC parts.

My expectations have been severely reigned in ever since the size was revealed. Disneyland but Nintendo this is not. My hope is that some day, through success and expansions, it gets there, though. (Especially or at least the Floriday installation lmao.)

I think this will make a lot of kids happy, maybe not teens and above. Curious about the pricing though, because there's a point where this experience is fair and there's a point where it's not.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2021, 01:37:17 PM »
I mean Id go but it looks very tame and lame :p.
What

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2021, 03:10:22 PM »
Id like to go.

But its going to be packed with children.

No, not kids, resetera-types.
:O

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2021, 05:59:58 PM »
Not a fan of AR being used as the highlight of rides. Was hoping for something like Radiator Springs or Test Track.
野球

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2021, 06:09:46 PM »
The Bowser Jr. showdown is literally Kinect. I thought the Mario Kart ride was going to be some sort of rollercoaster the way they teased it but it's just some slow ass AR thing.
The Yoshi ride is equally dull. These chill rides are nice when they compliment other rides.

F-Zero Big Blue roller coaster, Metroid Prime indoor coaster, Zora river water rapids, Fire Emblem waifu merry-go-around, Pikmin maze this is not.
🤴

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2021, 06:15:16 PM »
The Bowser Jr. showdown is literally Kinect. I thought the Mario Kart ride was going to be some sort of rollercoaster the way they teased it but it's just some slow ass AR thing.
The Yoshi ride is equally dull. These chill rides are nice when they compliment other rides.

I saw some comments about the Bowser Jr stuff and people were all "this is amazing!" Have they never been to a zoo? The shadow play projector stuff is really common in the little kid play areas.

The Yoshi ride seems disjointed and lacking a coherent theme. You've got Yoshi's Island stuff and then Captain Toad just kinda thrown in at the end. Slow "dark rides" can be great when they feel like something is happening instead of random scenes that don't go together. Look at Peter Pan.

A Mushroom kingdom version of It's a Small World or the Sinbad ride at Tokyo Disney Sea would be great.

The production values are amazing, but the rides themselves are pretty underwhelming.
野球

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2021, 06:30:29 PM »
The production values are amazing, but the rides themselves are pretty underwhelming.

The Animal Crossing of theme parks
:O

Tasty

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2021, 06:57:02 PM »

The Animal Crossing of theme parks

:gun

Trent Dole

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2021, 03:10:58 PM »
Curious about the pricing though, because there's a point where this experience is fair and there's a point where it's not.
He expects an entertainment experience in Japan to be reasonably priced.
:crowdlaff :girlaff
Hi

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2021, 03:43:00 PM »
Curious about the pricing though, because there's a point where this experience is fair and there's a point where it's not.
He expects an entertainment experience in Japan to be reasonably priced.
:crowdlaff :girlaff

Ticket prices at Tokyo Disney and Universal Osaka are wayyy cheaper than the American parks. Food prices are the same way. Not sure about Universal, but Disney even offers a discounted rate if you come later in the day. My wife and I did that for Tokyo Disney Sea back in 2006 and we still managed to do all the rides.
野球

Tasty

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2021, 04:59:57 AM »

Super Mario World being built under the green tents
What

Bebpo

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2021, 02:36:06 PM »
That area looks really small?

G The Resurrected

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2021, 06:59:00 PM »
It is smaller than the USJ location by about 25%, but it contains all of the same experiences. Similar to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in how Florida is larger than the Hollywood Studios version. They’ve done a great job of incorporating one of the studio buildings and turning it into a hidden area for the expansion at Hollywood Studio. The rumor is that the Florida version will be larger than either of these two at the new Epic park with an additional set of exclusive experiences.

I’ve got two Japan flights planned for the next year so I can’t wait to go check it out sometime this year. I doubt our first trip will happen in Nov so I’m betting on Feb’s trip. Flights are insanely cheap lately too for early next year.

Bebpo

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2021, 08:13:52 PM »
I’ve got two Japan flights planned for the next year so I can’t wait to go check it out sometime this year. I doubt our first trip will happen in Nov so I’m betting on Feb’s trip. Flights are insanely cheap lately too for early next year.

Is Japan letting visitors in? I thought they closed off all non-essentially business travel in February?

I'd feel weird booking a trip with no idea if the country will be open at the time. I definitely want to check out Super Nintendo World Japan next time I go.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2021, 08:24:59 PM »
They are not open for travelers at this time, but the flights are still booking regardless. Hotels aren’t offering dates that far in advance so it really is a play it by ear kind of thing. And since I directly booked with the carrier I’ve got the opportunity to cancel without penalty if things don’t change. Hence why I made plans for an early 2021 flight as well.

USJ is an awesome experience and Japan in general was great to experience before COVID. But I have a feeling after this years difficulties things aren’t gonna be so great there for a while. Which could put a huge dent into our experience the next time we’re there.

Tasty

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2022, 07:15:43 PM »

Fuck this is really coming up isn't it...