Author Topic: Do white people just not have cousins  (Read 1403 times)

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
Do white people just not have cousins
« on: December 25, 2020, 10:22:47 AM »
Idk if it’s just me but someone mentioned it and I’ve been thinking about it a lot

Like I never hear a white person be like “yeah I was by my cousin’s house yesterday” or something. Usually it’s only ethnic people that seem to have any sort of relationship with their cousins

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
Re: Do white people just not have cousins
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 10:26:13 AM »
I have around 10, and I hate almost all of them.  Most of them are half Scottish, and the rest are just pure trash.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 10:43:00 AM »
Extended families :hhh
Something something the privilege of not having to rely on your familial network I suppose.
ὕβρις

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2020, 11:10:15 AM »
I have a ton, don't even know how many. Am in contact with none of them and I like it that way.

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2020, 11:36:53 AM »
i got plenty, some im close enough to that theyre essentially just extra siblings

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2020, 11:51:39 AM »
My mom has 1 sister and my dad is an only child.  My mom and my aunt don’t talk so I don’t talk to my cousin either.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 12:45:14 PM by Lonewulfeus »

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2020, 12:04:05 PM »
Something something the privilege of not having to rely on your familial network I suppose.

It's pretty much this. Being born with a leg up in life you're less likely to have to rely upon your extended family. I have two cousins on my mom's side (she and my uncle were the only two siblings) and a fuck ton on my dad's (dad and 3 siblings) but don't really know any of them. Hell, the ones on my dad's side of the family I honestly don't even know their names or what they look like at this point in my life. Both of my parents moved away from their hometowns (Michigan and Florida) and ended up in Atlanta, so it's not like we could hang out on weekends or whatever anyway.
yar

G The Resurrected

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2020, 12:05:06 PM »
Only child of an only child of an only child...

I have just one family member I’m close with, my grandfather. My fathers side is a different story, he has four brothers. So I technically have 8 cousins, but we are not close at all. That group of 3 brothers are extremely successful and are a tight knit nepotistic group. I’m the only grand child/cousin who is actively shunned because of my parents splitting up. So I am on my own essentially. I get the super gloating Christmas letters that are pure cringe, measuring your life like that isn’t healthy. It’s hard not having a family or friends to be around, it’s been a huge issue with my mental health struggles.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2020, 12:06:27 PM »
Yes, but we call them wives.

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2020, 12:06:35 PM »
I hung out with my cousins as a kid, not as much as an adult.
QED

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2020, 12:20:14 PM »

It's pretty much this. Being born with a leg up in life you're less likely to have to rely upon your extended family. I have two cousins on my mom's side (she and my uncle were the only two siblings) and a fuck ton on my dad's (dad and 3 siblings) but don't really know any of them. Hell, the ones on my dad's side of the family I honestly don't even know their names or what they look like at this point in my life. Both of my parents moved away from their hometowns (Michigan and Florida) and ended up in Atlanta, so it's not like we could hang out on weekends or whatever anyway.

Imagine if you fucked a few them without knowing  :rash  :horny
Margs

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2020, 12:30:32 PM »
Cultural differences or expectations. Like the Czech Republic is small geographically so it's easy to get together if you want (to a degree of course). Not so easy if someone lives in Phoenix and ther person lives in Philly. But I see what you mean with white Americans not necessarily having that habit as much as non-white Americans.

And then of course the cultural differences of moving away from family and opportunity yadda yadda.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2020, 01:53:29 PM »
you don't hear us mention them because we're too busy plotting the downfall and subjugation of our fellow man.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2020, 02:07:05 PM »
All of mine are dying
rub

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2020, 04:01:21 PM »
All my cousins are bozos :trumps
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2020, 04:47:08 PM »
In most cases traditionally one of the brothers/sisters moves away from the hometown and one stays behind.
Usually for university, jobs or a relationship.

When I was a kid my parents made sure that we went to visit our family for birthdays etc. . Everyone would also visit grandma even though she was a truely evil person so you'd meet there.
But at some point the kids move out and everyone sort of has their own life and our family at least from my dad's side has never been close and my mom broke off most ties with her family except for 1 sister.
I have a bunch of cousins/nieces but there's quite an age gap with some of them. (I'm 31, my oldest cousin is nearing 50. Out of this "generation" I'm the youngest.).

Uncle (fathers side - divorced - regular contact)
- 2 cousins (1 married moved to Germany recently got 1 kid. He's a genius he designs production processes for microchip factories. The other is a STREET KID and his dad hates him, haven't seen them in 5 - 10 years(?))

Aunt (fathers side - deceased)
- 2 nieces (twins - see them at least once a year but now that their father(my uncle) is on his last legs more often, both have 4 kids each)
- 1 cousin (oldest cousin, never visit but see him around town from time to time, he has 1 child from a previous marriage)

Aunt (moms side - divorced - her kids aren't on speaking terms anymore)
- 2 cousins (haven't seen them in over a decade, maybe 15(?) years now, I know that they both have kids)

Aunt (my mom ended all contact with this sister even before I was born but we would sometimes run into her kids around town)
- 2 nieces (haven't seen them in at least 2 decades)

Uncle (my mom ended all contact with this brother even before I was born, has Korsakoff)
- 1 niece/cousin(?) (allegedly had a kid? I've never seen this man in my life)

When my aunt drank herself to death(and she became the family gathering spot after evil grandma died) about 10 years ago me and my brother decided to host a family dinner.
We invited everyone that we were on speaking terms with and had a good time. Afterwards the twins said they would organize the next one but they never did.
We had other gatherings where some people would show up but never everyone. Because we rarely see eachother family gatherings are often very awkward.
Things like, you don't know the names of their kids or what their profession is/was. You sort of have a vague idea because you see these people once a year max.

My brother and me also kinda soured on our family after no one really showed any interest when my mom was in a really bad spot and treated at a mental facility.
Because it took her a long time to recover (and she will probably never fully recover) most people just lost 'interest' 2 or 4 weeks into the process and they all bailed when they realized how difficult it was.

I kinda understand that, but it's hard to explain to a depressed person why she suddenly doesn't get any visits, calls, letters or postcards anymore.  :doge
🤴

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2020, 04:59:21 PM »
Idk if it’s just me but someone mentioned it and I’ve been thinking about it a lot

Like I never hear a white person be like “yeah I was by my cousin’s house yesterday” or something. Usually it’s only ethnic people that seem to have any sort of relationship with their cousins

the whites are always at odds with their family

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2020, 05:06:02 PM »
black people goofing off with their cousins:

white people goofing off with their cousins:

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2020, 05:08:23 PM »
are japan and turkey the cousin-in-laws?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2020, 05:13:55 PM »
Never been close to any of my cousins.  Then again I'm not very close with my brother, either.
 :idont

My parents, aunts, and uncles (particularly on my mom's side) have always done a lot of stuff together and have had lots of family gatherings over the years.  The cousins...don't really care.  Dunno why that is but it has always been that way. 
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2020, 07:30:45 PM »
None of my cousins live nearby. The only time I ever saw them was at Thanksgiving or Christmas.
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2020, 07:57:39 PM »
I have like 30 cousins on my conservative Baptist fathers' side.

I have like 3 step-cousins on my liberal swinger hippy mothers' side.

We are all very white.

Make of that what you will.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2020, 09:14:04 PM »

This is utterly ridiculous ???
🍆🍆

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2020, 10:12:35 PM »
Depends on your definition of white. My family background is Greek, so I grew up with lots of cousins around constantly (and often second cousins) and was probably closer with them than most of my Australian friends were with their siblings.

As an adult, we've drifted apart through different interests or conflicts. Still know them and see them occasionally.
Spud

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2020, 10:25:43 PM »

This is utterly ridiculous ???

Lol well look at this thread

Himu

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2020, 02:39:21 PM »
Love my cousins
IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler