Author Topic: Nintex you are so fucking stupid, my god.  (Read 649 times)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Nintex you are so fucking stupid, my god.
« on: December 26, 2020, 10:58:43 AM »
(Because Andy or Dogmod closed the thread)

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=47956.msg2949125#msg2949125

(Stupid Youtubes here)

When it comes to 'being offended' I've always been on this side of the argument.
So there's very few things if anything that I would consider offensive.

I'm also not going to feel offended on behalf of other people because I think they would be, I find that the most ridiciulous concept that exists today.
My list of things that I find offensive is very different from yours. I can't possibly expect you to feel offended for me.

I don't use this meme myself because I don't find it tasteful and in some cases it is used as a personal attack (which I rarely engage in anyway) and that's very different from it being offensive.
But calling something offensive does not automatically make it offensive and certainly not for everyone.

Memes can be racist, sexist, violent etc. and those are things (even if there is a gray area) for which there are standards and sometimes even laws.

So whenever someone asks me if something is offensive I tell them no, unless I personally find it offensive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LGBT-related_slurs

https://www.glaad.org/reference/transgender

Quote from: GLAAD
Gender identity is an integral part of a person's identity. Do not characterize transgender people as "deceptive," as "fooling" or "trapping" others, or as "pretending" to be, "posing" or "masquerading" as a man or a woman. Such descriptions are inaccurate, defamatory and insulting. (See "passing" and "stealth" as problematic terms above.)

So yes, "Trap" is offensive/loaded as a term.

I do not give two fucks if you think it's "not offensive to me" because I was answering Andy-kun's question. Yes, the term is loaded now a days. Yes, it can be taken as offense to actual Transsexuals. No, that does not give you carte blanche to be a fucking idiot like normal.

My list of things that I find offensive is very different from yours. I can't possibly expect you to feel offended for me.

No shit?! Just like I don't think it's an "offensive term," others (read: transsexuals) will/do. Therefore, YES: It's an offensive term and people should probably stop using it for the sake of not offending the people that get offended by it (transsexuals).

Does this mean every transsexual will care? No probably not. But in the grand scheme of things it's better to not use a loaded term at all for the sake of better understanding.

Look, you're straight: You're not going to get why this would be offensive to the marginalized group so really when I say:

Shut the fuck up, Nintex.

I mean: "Shut the fuck up, you have no idea why this term would be offensive to that group."

No, I won't be taking questions, and no I don't give two shits what your "I'M NOT OFFENDED! WHY WOULD ANYONE BE OFFENDED!" bullshittery of Steven Fry (who for the record gets offended as shit about homophobia and attacks on his homosexuality) that has aged as well as milk in the sun.

Please ride a dildo all the way off to wherever the fuck I don't care as long as I don't need to see you again-ville. Thank you.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: Nintex you are so fucking stupid, my god.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 11:53:19 AM »
Yes.
dog