Author Topic: Is there anything more tedious than doing online workplace emergency training?  (Read 892 times)

Potato

• Senior's Member
In my job, I need to have access to two different buildings so I literally have to do the same training twice.

I just clicked through 30+ pages of poorly written guff about fire extinguishers, bomb threats, flood preparedness and fuck knows what else because I never read this shit. Then I had to do a 10 question multiple choice test (8/10 - I passed, fuck yeah!).

I know this shit is done as an arse-covering exercise more than anything, but does it have to be so fucking tedious?

Does anyone here design this shit for a living? If so, I hate you.
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
All the emergency training you'll ever need

🤴

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
The sexual harassment training is worse.if you don't want to be harassed, don't wear sexy clothing. Not hard
:O

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
did you at least get pizza?
©@©™

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
I'm glad they made you do that sexual harassmemt training twice, because you really have to drive it home for a lot of these perverts.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
In my job, I need to have access to two different buildings so I literally have to do the same training twice.

I just clicked through 30+ pages of poorly written guff about fire extinguishers, bomb threats, flood preparedness and fuck knows what else because I never read this shit. Then I had to do a 10 question multiple choice test (8/10 - I passed, fuck yeah!).

I know this shit is done as an arse-covering exercise more than anything, but does it have to be so fucking tedious?

Does anyone here design this shit for a living? If so, I hate you.

One of my clients is an electric/utilities company in the midwest, and every year I have to take like 10 compliance courses just so I can keep my remote access. Including stuff about protocol when you visit an electrical site, hazardous materials, etc... stuff I would literally NEVER deal with as a software dev who access their system remotely. So frustrating. Not to mention all the compliance courses I have to take for my company too.
^_^

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Not to be bitter or anything, but the people that are actually in the movie, I believe died. And the people that aren’t didn’t. So that’s all I have to say about that. I’m so curious about where they’re going with this. And what’s their jumping off point and what story they want because it just felt like they told it.

Cryo

Your opinion might change when you see someone die because they were ignoring forklift protocol to meet a deadline.

Potato

• Senior's Member
Not to be bitter or anything, but the people that are actually in the movie, I believe died. And the people that aren’t didn’t. So that’s all I have to say about that. I’m so curious about where they’re going with this. And what’s their jumping off point and what story they want because it just felt like they told it.
Is this The Matrix?
Spud

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
doing this when you work at a school.

:mindblown

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Is this The Matrix?