Author Topic: Ever get into a fight with one of your boys?  (Read 3218 times)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Re: Ever get into a fight with one of your boys?
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2021, 04:22:49 AM »
He didn't break up with me, I broke up with him.

SmokyDave

« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2021, 07:20:55 AM »
Sounds like you were already drifting apart. Can you think of any weird underlying beef the two of you might have from a while back? Has either of you made a big choice the other isn't happy with? Has one of you consistently shat on the others interests and anecdotes?

You went about this the wrong way, but it sounds like there was an issue there that you exacerbated, not created. Get in touch ASAP, apologise, and try to talk it out. Either that, or move on and learn from the whole shebang. Friendships sometimes need a deft touch and clear communication. Sometimes they just die.

Edit: And to answer the topic: yes. I have a thirty year friendship that is currently on hiatus (for about 2 years now). I don't think either of us want to say 'goodbye', but we're in a position in life where our 'thing' is destructive to both of us, so it's best we go our own way for a bit.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2021, 11:03:08 PM »
I actually have thrown hands with one of boys before MMrasu, at a new years eye party.

I would estimate I was probably like either 20-21 years old, I arrived at the party in a pretty bad mood because I just had a real bad argument with my dad prior to leaving to go there. Once I got there though I was pretty buzzed, drinking beers and chilling it.

I was pretty wasted sitting on the kitchen table with a stack of paper and a sharpie for some reason, that I have no recollection of getting, drawing sharpie portraits of girls and also dudes that were at the party if they wanted one. I saw one of my boys entering in the kitchen and went up and said hi, showed him the drawing i had in my had, and asked him if he wanted one.

he then took the picture from my hand and ripped it in half down the middle. and threw it. I did the MMrasu and pushed him lightly on the shoulder like "why did you do that man, that was my drawing" and instantly in response to the slight shove my man cocked back a haymaker.

When I was like 12 I used to do Tae Kwon Do, but only for like half a year. Basically as soon as the arm went back I had a really weird "time is slowing down" type experience as he threw the punch at me, and on autopilot executed an TKD block to his punch dug my shoulder into his armpit and then hip tossed him over my shoulder, flipping him into the kitchen bench behind us. honestly a fucking surreal experience because I probably couldn't execute that throw if you asked me to do it but in that scenario the instinctual brain took over and launched a motherfugger  :doge

his reponse to this was to try and hook my knees (this dude did bjj) and take me down and I presume beat the shit out of me but because the countertop was behind me I ended up just sitting on top of it when he tried to flip me up and I didn't go anywhere because he couldnt get leverage. All the time I'm like "sorry bro it was all reflex srs I didn't mean to throw you man my b" then he just got real frustrated and stormed out of the party and smashed up the mailbox.

bonus riotus bragging: I don't even get why this dude came at me so hard because I was a pretty inoffensive/timid guy in my early 20s. and I didn't even bareback the girl he liked until the new years eve party the year after this fight
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 11:18:03 PM by remy »