Author Topic: Ever get into a fight with one of your boys?  (Read 3221 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Ever get into a fight with one of your boys?
« on: January 19, 2021, 07:56:34 AM »
I did, last night and now I guess he doesnt wanna be my friend anymore. Known this guy for 10 years, we chill on the regular. Hang out, smoke some weed and play some vidya. Now and then we watch a movie or a show. Lately shit has been real shallow though, i usually ask him how are things and at work, asking about his side business what hes working on. Usually I get shallow responses like yeah things are allright. He never really asks me about my life or my work or just how are things going, you doing any new edits or hows working out going I dunno just never really shows an interest.

Lately whenever he comes by he spends a lot of time sitting looking on his phone. Now I think its fine to spend some time watching or checking something but last night it annoyed me so I said something about it.

I had put on like some movie in the background while we were rolling one up, he was done before me and inmediatly goes to his phone to look at it like 15mins. I was done rolling and we were heading out, I laughed at something I saw on the tv. i said bro why didnt u watch some of this shit its pretty funny. He was like yea you think its funny. I said well maybe if you looked up from your phone for 5 minutes you would have liked it too.

I told him listen dude it kinda annoys me if you come over here and spend so much time on your phone, then you might as well stay at home. He was saying man what is this bullshit what are you talking about I said listen this is how I feel im kinda annoyed that you spent all this time on your phone when we hang out, it shows disinterest and it gives me the feeling that ur hella bored over here.

He said well your telling me to do this and not do that, I said I never said anything of the sort, I just told you how I feel. He said this is bullshit im outta here. Well I kinda shoved him when he was walking away from me and said well fuck off then. He didnt like that and started punching my head with closed fists and kicking me, I held him by his jacket and held him off telling to stop.

Well I shouldnt have shoved him obviously, and apologised for doing so as that was wrong on my side. But eh if he just wants to throw away a 10 year friendship because I shoved him, well fuck him then. And I think I should be able to tell someone who is my friend  listen dude this is annoying.
What

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: Ever get into a fight with one of your boys?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 08:00:08 AM »
if he falls out with you forever for that shit then hes a bitch and not worth being friends with, hating someone for life after a petty quarrel is for females :trumps
(ice)

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 08:02:39 AM »
you should have just fucked. You sound like an old married couple. Also you instigated the fight by shoving him, I think I'd also be like fuck off for a while too if that was me.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 08:07:29 AM »
BUT what you did was wack as f hes clearly got or trying to get some pussy :shaq
(ice)

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 08:09:42 AM »
MM was annoyed as he was trying to give out Bussy!

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 08:13:25 AM »
Are you 12? That's how 12 year olds behave dude.
Spud

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 08:18:24 AM »
Thread needs more Dutch Directness experts before I weigh in  :thinking
Margs

BisMarckie

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2021, 08:21:58 AM »
This is the dumbest  thing I have ever read. Why did you shove him and escalate the situation?  :doge

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2021, 08:25:32 AM »
what if the friend is nintex :ohhh

or occam :ohhh :ohhh :ohhh
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2021, 08:45:25 AM »
This is the dumbest  thing I have ever read. Why did you shove him and escalate the situation?  :doge

Cause I was frustrated that he didnt take me seriously.

Not saying I did right there, I know I fucked up and apologized for shoving him. I was just angry and was like gtfo out then
What

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2021, 08:47:24 AM »
This sounds a lot like the time I had a fight with my best friend

In second grade

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2021, 09:08:22 AM »
You guys had phones back then?

Are yall saying you wouldnt be annoyed if you had a friend come hang out and a lot of the time he just staring at his phone?
What

Tasty

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2021, 09:12:30 AM »
He was saying man what is this bullshit what are you talking about

Glad I rolled up before reading, this shit is hilarious :dead

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2021, 09:17:43 AM »
Here’s your earnest reply: this exchange needed a lot more communication. Seems like you wanted to express the way your hang out went wasn’t meeting your social needs. Things got aggro and weird when you instead of saying “hey man, I wanna actually hang out” you escalated with basically an ultimatum: meet my needs on this or don’t come! Ultimatums rarely get good reactions, and you topped it off by getting physical with the shove. If you want to repair things with this friend, I would recommend expressing yourself and your needs without accusatory language, and apologize for how things went down. Or just like cut this dude off cuz he attacked you, even if you provoked him that’s fuct

“Listen, this is annoying” is an accusation
“Hey, I would like us to be more social when you’re over rather than on our phones” is a request

You get what you want more often with requests than accusations

Tasty

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2021, 09:20:21 AM »
Well I kinda shoved him when he was walking away from me and said well fuck off then. He didnt like that and started punching my head with closed fists and kicking me, I held him by his jacket and held him off telling to stop.

:rofl I can't stop laughing

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2021, 09:22:51 AM »
This might sound harsh but getting into a fistfight over being slightly annoyed with a friend is not a good look once you are over 13.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2021, 09:35:13 AM »
makeup sex
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2021, 09:36:22 AM »

:society

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2021, 09:55:35 AM »
This might sound harsh but getting into a fistfight over being slightly annoyed with a friend is not a good look once you are over 13.

I just shoved him, he started throwing punches 🤷🏼‍♂️. Not saying I didnt do any wrong here, it was obviously stupid of me to shove him in the first place.
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2021, 09:58:15 AM »
Here’s your earnest reply: this exchange needed a lot more communication. Seems like you wanted to express the way your hang out went wasn’t meeting your social needs. Things got aggro and weird when you instead of saying “hey man, I wanna actually hang out” you escalated with basically an ultimatum: meet my needs on this or don’t come! Ultimatums rarely get good reactions, and you topped it off by getting physical with the shove. If you want to repair things with this friend, I would recommend expressing yourself and your needs without accusatory language, and apologize for how things went down. Or just like cut this dude off cuz he attacked you, even if you provoked him that’s fuct

“Listen, this is annoying” is an accusation
“Hey, I would like us to be more social when you’re over rather than on our phones” is a request

You get what you want more often with requests than accusations

Yeah annoyences have been brewing for a while, from him and from me I think. Otherwise I wouldnt have gotten so annoyed and accustory. Im not saying I handled it well, in fact I handled it pretty terribly I do agree.

Communication is what was missing and when he dismissed my grievances as bullshit and wanted to bail I was like wtf is your phone is more important than your bro of 10 years hanging?

I already apologised profusely for shoving him, he says I "attacked" him when all I did was shove him when he was walking away from me. Not a good thing to do but no vicious attack by any means.

He says he wants nothing to do with people who attack him.physically, cant blame him but eh fuck it.

What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2021, 10:03:25 AM »
seems like the situation got way more aggy than an exchange between two stoners should :maduro

ARE YOU NOT TELLING US SOME IMPORTANT DETAILS  :comeon
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2021, 10:30:23 AM »
Fighting over that shit?  Come on, dude.  I thought getting high meant you would be more chill?   :doge

I had a similar thing happen with a friend I hadn't seen in years and tried reconnecting with- he acted disinterested in everything and ended up asking if he could watch hockey while staring at his phone.  I left the room and he finally got the message like 30 minutes later.  Didn't hang out much again after that.  I think the last time I saw him was eight years ago.  No shit-talking, no fighting, just "OK man, see you later."  I went to his wedding and haven't seen him since.

:idont
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2021, 10:53:58 AM »
I'd try bringing him roses.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2021, 10:54:31 AM »
Fellas, is it gay to get into a physical fight with one of your boys over him not paying enough attention to you so you touch him in anger so you can release some of the sexual tension?

yes, you'd know this if you had any friends :rodney
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2021, 11:06:12 AM »
I'd try bringing him roses.

Listen, he doesnt wanna be friends anymore over some bullshit, fine with me. Im not gonna give him fucking roses.
What

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2021, 11:52:03 AM »
Last time I had a big falling out is when a longtime friend of mine (since 10th grade) went completely down the Alex Jones/Q/conspiracy theory rabbit hole... like it started out as 'haha, cute', then escalated to the point where he was totally taken up in it constantly posting on FB all sorts of bullshit about the NWO... it came to a boiling point when NY was the epicenter of corona last April, where he accused my brother (Infectious Disease doctor at a prestigious NYC hospital) of lying about covid deaths to get more money for his hospital. Prior to that, he pissed me off a lot when him and his wife continued to remain friends with my ex after an unceremonious breakup - then proceeding to tell me about her moving to Spain right when my new (at the time) girlfriend was standing right there.

I later found out he participated in the protest on the 8th along with his kids (maskless, one of the kids is a baby)... but he wasn't one of the people storming the capitol and he 'disagreed with the violence'.

Probably my biggest falling out - usually with me it's just drifting apart (a lot of the people I grew up with are all now married with kids and we have like nothing in common to talk about anymore), or because they don't get along with people I'm also close with (when my close friend got divorced 10 years ago, he dropped all of his friends, who were also close with his ex wife, and started hanging out with a completely different group of people).
^_^

Tasty

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2021, 12:17:05 PM »
Sounds like dude didn't like the stuff you put on TV.

I have a friend who just ignores that I hate adult swim cartoon stuff/family guy/whatever and he does that to me a lot..  but we also are friends, so we talk and stuff lol

Reminds me of the time I wanted to watch South Park, but mom wouldn't shut up so I smacked her around. :ufup

spoiler (click to show/hide)
/Amir0x
[close]

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2021, 12:17:42 PM »
No big fights.

One dude who I thought was just a bit off kilter and very direct (one could say Dutch Directness) was actually truly a misogynist, diet racist, Trump aficionado. He would say things that seemed a little off back in the day. then during 2016 he posted a picture with MAGA hat. Even then I thought he was just being weird little old him. Ironic 4Channer. Nope. Guy straight up loves (maybe loved at this point for all I know) Trump. Along with the uglier human aspects that I mentioned earlier. Only person I actually unfriended on Facebook. The guy is smart too. Sucks. Just turns out he needs to work on his human side. I've bumped into him once since 2016. We're cordial. It's like having to be cordial with Assimilate or Optimus though, you know.
------

The other one was just a massive drifting apart. Best childhood friend from ages 5 to 11. Then my family moved and we didn't really keep in touch. I visited my old town in the summers when I was 16 and 17. I think it was my second trip when I was able to get a hold of him and went to visit him. Strangest get together I ever had. Obviously people change from preteen to older teenagers. But while my other closer friends I was still able to fully mesh with, this guy and I just seemed so far apart. Nothing wrong with the guy. Great person through and through. I still love him in that way. We just literally had nothing in common. And this is a dude who I would almost play with every other day growing up. Then 6 years later we got nothing to talk about or bond over.
It's nothing mind blowing now. But at that age it really left me confused like some puppy who doesn't understand why he is being left at home while the rest of the family is leaving. Like bro we were thick as thieves and now we may as well be strangers. Shit man.

kingv

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2021, 02:18:34 PM »
When I was like 12, me and two of my friends (Gabe and Chris) were hanging out on the stoop of Gabes house.

For some reason or another they started fighting. It’s possible that Gabe was making fun of Chris for having a rat tail or Chris was making fun of Gabe for always wearing a poncho.

Anyway, they were having a fist fight in Gabe’s yard, and then this really drunk older black dude rode by on a bike and stopped and tried to break it up.

He’s like giving this really wasted inspirational speech about how you and your friends can’t fight each other and you have to stick together. And then at the end he raises both fists and says “you can’t be enemies. You have to stick together. YOU’RE WARRIORS!!!” And then he got back on his bike and rode away.

It did get them to stop fighting tho.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2021, 02:24:50 PM »
like it started out as 'haha, cute', then escalated to the point where he was totally taken up in it constantly posting on FB all sorts of bullshit about the NWO...

ど助平

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2021, 02:38:39 PM »
like it started out as 'haha, cute', then escalated to the point where he was totally taken up in it constantly posting on FB all sorts of bullshit about the NWO...

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Sadly, not that one. Though another one of my close friends is a big wrestling fan.
^_^

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2021, 02:54:01 PM »
Based on MM's pent op anger I fear for what happens to the Epic Game Store when he stops smoking  :doge
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2021, 02:57:13 PM »
I should have said something way earlier
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2021, 03:01:26 PM »
My go to trick for people whipping out their phones when they shouldn't is to call them when they do.

That includes during ZOOM meetings  :lol
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2021, 03:06:33 PM »
Fuck that guy riotous sounds like a user and an abuser to me
What

BIONIC

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2021, 03:20:30 PM »
:bow  Riotous bullshit lore  :bow2
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2021, 03:36:50 PM »
:bow  Riotous bullshit lore  :bow2
When Evilore and Riotous had a circle jerk in college the accidental collision of their humongous dongs would shatter the sound barrier.

allegedly
🤴

kingv

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2021, 04:08:48 PM »
Trying to have a threesome with your wife and your irreparably broken ex.

:obama :popcorn

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2021, 01:05:36 AM »
 :dead

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2021, 03:07:50 AM »
Stop smoking weed.

BIONIC

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2021, 03:35:52 AM »
Margs

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2021, 12:46:27 PM »
Stop smoking so much weed is my advice. I feel like the conversation in the OP is like a discussion between two people who barely speak the same language and then something insulting was accidentally said, leading to a real fight. Or there's some raging sexual tension.

So either you need less drugs or more sex, the choice is yours.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2021, 01:15:11 PM »
Wasnt really accidental I just told him I was annoyed by his behaviour
What

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2021, 01:17:46 PM »
you should have kicked his ass tbh

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2021, 01:40:11 PM »
Shit like this is why we're getting a curfew  :shaq2
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2021, 01:44:48 PM »
call him up and demand a rematch right now :steiner

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2021, 03:34:43 PM »
I just realized not only was there a fight, our boi MM lost the fight. You need to throw some Riotous/Evilore energy in your story.

Here let me help

Well I shouldnt have shoved him obviously, and apologised for doing so as that was wrong on my side. But eh if he just wants to throw away a 10 year friendship because I shoved him, well fuck him then. And I think I should be able to tell someone who is my friend  listen dude this is annoying.

So I went after him, I beat him to a pulp. Like he was so surprised he couldn't even pull a single punch. Then of course I felt that he had enough because after all a would be MMA champion like me knows their limit even when intoxicated.
I decided to call an ambulance to have his sorry ass picked up from the curb but before I could his girlfriend showed up. There I was covered in sweat, excited and giving the impression of a towering hercules over this pathetic little creature I once called a friend.
Sure enough his GF understood that she made a big mistake. So we just left him there and I took her back to my place where I poured her a drink. What do you know, she really hates the Epic Game Store just like me.
So I started chatting up this chick who was just smoking and agreed with everything I said and things moved to the shower and bedroom and you can imagine the rest.

My friend texted me later that he really wanted me back as a friend and that he was happy that I told his girlfriend I wasn't doing any longterm relationships and he's totally ok with me fucking her whenever I want
🤴

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2021, 03:46:12 PM »
Wasnt really accidental I just told him I was annoyed by his behaviour

I think both of you have some gripes you've been keeping bottled up for a while. You are obviously annoyed at his passiveness/dedication to the standard routine in life and he probably thinks you're judgemental or something.

Realistically, a lot of "friends" can't actually handle an argument with each other. In your situation, I would say everything I think out loud because I thrive on awkward energy but everyone hates it when I do that, so you do you.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2021, 04:58:53 PM »
Well, I should use this thread to get this off my chest.  A year or so ago, I got into a fight with one of my boys.  We have been friends for a long time but things hadn't been going great.  Like we would get together every other week and drink while we watch a Marvel movie or two.  We have been doing it since maybe 2013.  I have always had a good time but more and more I noticed that he wasn't as interested in Thor as I was and was spending a lot of time on his phone instead of talking about Thor with me.  Like its fine to check it once in a while but if you spend so much time on your phone that you miss the entire time Thor got exiled to earth, well then there is a problem.  So I confronted him on it and well he started to say that maybe he needed a break from Marvel movies.  Like he mentioned that Thor 2 wasn't really a good movie and I agreed but then he started to talk about Captain Marvel and well it annoyed me so I said something about it by pushing that little bitch down a flight of stairs.  Well, I shouldn't have shoved him obviously and apologized for doing so as that was wrong on my side but then he tried to get back up even though the movie was still going.  Anyways, he wouldn't stop and I was like why would this guy want to throw away a 10 year friendship just because I shoved him, well fuck him then.  So I got some rope and I told him that I respected his opinion but you can't really criticize Captain Marvel until he has watched all the marvel movies and extended media in chronological order.  Now we are halfway there but back to being friends - well at least he has stopped trying to chew his ropes.  So maybe try that?

BIONIC

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2021, 05:00:10 PM »
I just realized not only was there a fight, our boi MM lost the fight. You need to throw some Riotous/Evilore energy in your story.

Here let me help

So I went after him, I beat him to a pulp. Like he was so surprised he couldn't even pull a single punch. Then of course I felt that he had enough because after all a would be MMA champion like me knows their limit even when intoxicated.
I decided to call an ambulance to have his sorry ass picked up from the curb but before I could his girlfriend showed up. There I was covered in sweat, excited and giving the impression of a towering hercules over this pathetic little creature I once called a friend.
Sure enough his GF understood that she made a big mistake. So we just left him there and I took her back to my place where I poured her a drink. What do you know, she really hates the Epic Game Store just like me.
So I started chatting up this chick who was just smoking and agreed with everything I said and things moved to the shower and bedroom and you can imagine the rest.

My friend texted me later that he really wanted me back as a friend and that he was happy that I told his girlfriend I wasn't doing any longterm relationships and he's totally ok with me fucking her whenever I want

:bow  :bow2
Margs

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2021, 05:26:01 PM »
For the record: BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! has one irl friend, and that friend is mandark :titus
(ice)

BIONIC

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2021, 05:28:54 PM »
For the record: BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! has one irl friend, and that friend is mandark :titus

Stop dead-naming me, bitch  :sistine
Margs

BIONIC

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2021, 05:29:17 PM »
Margs

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2021, 06:17:24 PM »
yeah I got into a fight with one of my boys

my best friend was on the ACAB train over the summer going absolutely nuts, I tried to argue that logically of course not all cops are bad, or even if they all are at least complicit in some small way, they can't all possibly be bad to the same degree, of course you condemn the obviously bad ones but some surely must deserve support and admiration

and that for someone to be bad, you have to allow for the possibility of some action they can take that would be good or redeem them in your eyes, or else you're just on the "bitch eating her crackers" bullshit

and he flipped his shit and wouldn't speak to me for 2 weeks

today he posted how much admiration and love he has seeing the cop who saved the senate escorting our new VP copmala

and it is taking everything I have to bite my tongue  :doge

but he's my friend and I love him and I don't want to fight
 :stahp
Uncle

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2021, 07:23:24 PM »
what were you tryna watch with your boi? lol

honestly, i hate when someone wants to watch a movie with me and they bust out the phone part way through. fuck 'em. burn that bridge and shove him off it son  :gun
◕‿◕

BIONIC

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2021, 12:24:27 AM »
Y’All better stop lumping me in with EviLore or ima cry :(

Riotous lore

RiotousLore  :ohhh
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2021, 12:37:02 AM »
 :horny

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2021, 01:10:37 AM »
yeah I got into a fight with one of my boys

my best friend was on the ACAB train over the summer going absolutely nuts, I tried to argue that logically of course not all cops are bad, or even if they all are at least complicit in some small way, they can't all possibly be bad to the same degree, of course you condemn the obviously bad ones but some surely must deserve support and admiration

and that for someone to be bad, you have to allow for the possibility of some action they can take that would be good or redeem them in your eyes, or else you're just on the "bitch eating her crackers" bullshit

and he flipped his shit and wouldn't speak to me for 2 weeks

today he posted how much admiration and love he has seeing the cop who saved the senate escorting our new VP copmala

and it is taking everything I have to bite my tongue  :doge

but he's my friend and I love him and I don't want to fight
 :stahp
As a friend, it's your solemn duty to remind that fucker of his own words...publicly.
Spud

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2021, 01:59:53 AM »
I had a friend who enjoyed acting out scenes from movies. He would recite entire scenes for whomever of his friends were nearby. One piece, he needed a silent partner, that would end up getting slapped as part of the reading. He decided to start doing that to me, and I told him he needed to not do it again. The next time he tried it, I let him know shit was going to go down if he actually followed through and tried to slap me this time. He got this gleam in his eye and continued the monologue. He went ahead and slapped me, and took off running. I caught up with him and put him in a choke hold. He was turning purple when it broke up.

We were 12.

Now we're friends on Facebook.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2021, 04:08:32 AM »
Y’All better stop lumping me in with EviLore or ima cry :(
:trumps
🤴