Author Topic: I hope you like Sinnoh  (Read 2878 times)

Tasty

I hope you like Sinnoh
« on: February 26, 2021, 10:48:20 AM »

Shining Pearl is MINE.

Chibi style looks both fresh and faithful to the originals. They must have loved the Link’s Awakening remake lol. Really excited!

I never even bought Sw/Sh, or finished LG Eevee…

Will the remakes bring me back into the series just like the originals did after stinky Gen 3 lost me? Tune in next time on DBZ!

Himu

Re: I hope you like Sinnoh
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 12:34:02 PM »
Diamond pearl looks wack.

Arceus looks godlike. Alpha sapphire is the best pokemon partly because it's all about hunting down pokemon and pretending to be a hunter. Now they've doubled down and with pretty graphics. First pokemon I've been excited to play in ages and will be day one.
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 01:03:04 PM »
Just make a new Pokemon TCG game instead
fat

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 01:27:07 PM »
As someone who put a lot of time into Diamond and Platinum, I have zero interest in a remake.

I might try Legends, looks interesting and different. Which for Pokemon is a big deal.  :P

Rahxephon91

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 01:29:39 PM »
Why do these games look so bad?

The graphics and art are so bland and half assed. And nothing about that open world stuff looked interesting. Just looked like some generic big field thrown together in unity.

I guess I hit my quota for these games with Sword, but both of these just look like lame mobile games.

thetylerrob

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 02:08:01 PM »
They should hire some people that know how to make 3D graphics because damn they're dropping the ball (hehe) with this series.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 02:28:12 PM »
When a indie game made by 5 people like Valheim has a better looking world than a handcrafted Pokemon game, something is fucked up
What

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 02:33:59 PM »
When a indie game made by 5 people like Valheim has a better looking world than a handcrafted Pokemon game, something is fucked up

They don’t care, game is going to sell millions regardless of if they make it look nice or have a frame rate above 20fps.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2021, 02:41:18 PM »

They don’t care, game is going to sell millions regardless of if they make it look nice or have a frame rate above 20fps.

I know thats why its a bummer because at its core Pokemon is a great game but you know

not if they dont put in any effort
What

paprikastaude

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2021, 02:58:53 PM »
Two good things in theory. But it's the Pokemon guys in 2021, so of course it looks all sorts of broken and wack.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 03:06:50 PM by Spieler1 »

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2021, 03:11:17 PM »

:lol :lol :lol

I read that this is the first Pokemon game that's outsourced and not developed by the main pokemon company developers. Weird.

The diamond/pearl remake is outsourced, legends is made by gamefreak.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 03:22:25 PM by Skullfuckers Anonymous »

Bebpo

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2021, 03:11:47 PM »
I read that this is the first Pokemon game that's outsourced and not developed by the main pokemon company developers. Weird.

paprikastaude

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2021, 03:16:55 PM »
These Let's Go games were clearly low budget, but at least they seemed to have a grasp on how to compensate with good art direction. Why is this new remake so much worse looking? And the 3D game looks like an early access title that's about to break apart any minute.  :steel

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2021, 03:46:23 PM »
Pokémon continues being the longest running money-laundering operation.

Make literal hundreds of millions each year on the IP.

Give the team of interns a budget of a piece of sting and some chewed up bubblegum.

The Poketysties and Nintoddlers keep slurping that shit up even more each year.

Absolute fucking genius  :lawd
Margs

Let's Cyber

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2021, 04:03:29 PM »
Which one?

paprikastaude

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2021, 04:08:17 PM »

Give the team of interns a budget of a piece of sting and some chewed up bubblegum.

Isn't that Nintendo as a whole right now? :juicy Switch seems to finally reap the manchildren that they've sown decades ago in a long term business strategy. No big new production since Animal Crossing one year ago? Anyway, eat these shitty Skyward Sword and Mario 64 ROMs for full price and celebrate us for it :biden REMEMBER YOUR CHILDHOOD?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2021, 04:08:44 PM »
Pokemon of The Wild

Pokemon Awakening

:trumps
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2021, 04:12:56 PM »
Pokemon of The Wild

Pokemon Awakening

:trumps

:bow Nintex :bow2

BIONIC

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2021, 04:15:01 PM »

Isn't that Nintendo as a whole right now? :juicy Switch seems to finally reap the manchildren that they've sown decades ago. No big new production since Animal Crossing 1 year ago? Anyway, eat these shitty Skyward Sword and Mario 64 ROMs for full price and celebrate us for it :biden

Very smart long term business wise. Still pretty pathetic from a normal gaming fan's view :idont

Consolidating their console and handheld teams will let Nintendo produce and release games at unprecedented rate  :nintendo

Anyways, if you ignore the never ending ports, the things they actually end up releasing at least feels like it’s made by humans and not algorithm, so I’ll take what I can get  :idont
Margs

Tasty

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2021, 05:25:16 PM »
Stop being mean to Nintendo please. :(

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2021, 05:29:10 PM »
Nintendo just delivers more of what the people want.
Pokemon games running a gen behind on tech is part of the charm.

:miyamoto
🤴

BIONIC

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2021, 05:56:52 PM »
Stop being mean to Nintendo please. :(

:miyamoto
Margs

Himu

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2021, 05:57:59 PM »
frame rate aside arceus looks fantastic
IYKYK

Coffee Dog

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2021, 06:35:37 PM »
Climbing towers is going to blow ass until Charizard gets Fly.

Bebpo

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2021, 06:58:14 PM »
Which one?

I would assume the mobile looking one?

Boredfrom

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2021, 06:59:18 PM »

Shining Pearl is MINE.

Chibi style looks both fresh and faithful to the originals. They must have loved the Link’s Awakening remake lol. Really excited!

I never even bought Sw/Sh, or finished LG Eevee…

Will the remakes bring me back into the series just like the originals did after stinky Gen 3 lost me? Tune in next time on DBZ!

What is up with that framerate in Arceus? Holy shit it looks bad. The concept itself is not terrible, mind you, but how the fuck Gamefreak thinks it is okay stuff like at 1:05 in that you tube video.

That remake of Diamond and Pearl looks way worse, though.

thetylerrob

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2021, 08:04:12 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Shit looks awful. It's the aliasing for me.

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2021, 10:10:28 PM »
Why does diamond and pearl look like those mysims games

paprikastaude

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2021, 11:19:26 PM »

Also this doesn't resemble Pokemon in any way? This could be any low budget standard map. Be it Tales of Zestiria. Or Ys. Or a shitty Steam Souls clone from an Iron Pineapple video. Those Let's Go games were disappointing, because instead of an ambitious re-imagining of the first games, it was just a dumbed down version. But it looked nice and perfected the Pokemon style for these 2D esque games.

Every new game since then looks hokier. Is Gamefreak the first developer whose graphics gradually get worse during a generation? This is insane :lol

e:  3DS
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 12:22:02 AM by Spieler1 »

Boredfrom

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2021, 01:26:40 AM »

Also this doesn't resemble Pokemon in any way? This could be any low budget standard map. Be it Tales of Zestiria. Or Ys. Or a shitty Steam Souls clone from an Iron Pineapple video. Those Let's Go games were disappointing, because instead of an ambitious re-imagining of the first games, it was just a dumbed down version. But it looked nice and perfected the Pokemon style for these 2D esque games.

Every new game since then looks hokier. Is Gamefreak the first developer whose graphics gradually get worse during a generation? This is insane :lol

e:  3DS

Eh, being fair, the remakes are not developed by Gamefreak.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2021, 03:44:56 AM »
I would assume the mobile looking one?
Yeah, you're right. New Diamond/Pearl are a different company. Kind of surprised Legends is Game Freak tbh.

Borealis

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2021, 03:51:35 AM »
For something that looks like half the visuals of BOTW were stripped away, how does it have half the frame rate too...

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2021, 06:51:41 AM »

Kyogre is me looking at this thread.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2021, 12:47:13 AM »
legends arceus is similar to what I dreamed about as a kid. 20 years too late for me, but I'll def check it if it ends up being good (unlike the latest poke on entries that sound fucking terrible). unfortunately looks like it's going to run like ass and be comprised of big open fields instead of interesting dense spaces.

I used to imagine sneaking through a forest mgs style with hordes of mankey ready to rip me apart. sneaking up on pokemon real time and throwing balls at em in 3d :whew. 11 year old me would be so pumped.
◕‿◕

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2021, 09:20:28 AM »
I feel like it’s a constant challenge to see how bad they can make the graphics without affecting sales in any way

naff

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2021, 04:52:43 PM »
if the graphics were a little more faithful to the cartoon and as technically competent as what cyberconnect2 were doing with naruto on ps3, or level 5/ghibli in 2011 with ni no kuni, there would be an enormous amount of hype around the game. game freak needa get got already :gun
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2021, 05:11:45 PM »
this, but a competitive pokemon match  :lawd  :esports

◕‿◕

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2021, 12:25:38 AM »

This argument looks obvious on the surface, but if you want to argue visuals, why not just plug in some free downloads from Shadertoy or run some demoscene experiments on your computer? The truth is that gameplay is why Nintendo continues to sell. If anything, Genshin is a psychological ploy wearing sheep's clothing. And it's a look they never would have come up with were it not for Zelda.

I feel like you're offering up a bootleg copy of Ice Pirates and telling me it's as good as Star Wars.

Boredfrom

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2021, 05:54:16 PM »

This argument looks obvious on the surface, but if you want to argue visuals, why not just plug in some free downloads from Shadertoy or run some demoscene experiments on your computer? The truth is that gameplay is why Nintendo continues to sell. If anything, Genshin is a psychological ploy wearing sheep's clothing. And it's a look they never would have come up with were it not for Zelda.

I feel like you're offering up a bootleg copy of Ice Pirates and telling me it's as good as Star Wars.

Genshin is a ton of fun, even when it becomes another gacha end by end game. For all it’s faults (fuckers owe me some pesos in Honkai 3rd) the game is quality and it shows its not a  cheap cash grab (Is a expensive cash grab, but that is another story). Is a fun Breath of The Wild clone (Until it becomes a character gacha action game) that is free, dunno why the hate.

Of course, is kind of moot because I bet you that Genshin in the switch is going to run badly given that PS4 version can barely keep out.

Tasty

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2021, 05:56:13 PM »
DP is outsourced? What the fuck?

Ugh fuck modern Gamefreak. I'm convinced the Yo-Kai Botch idiots took over the company after they ran that franchise into the ground after only two games.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2021, 11:29:43 PM »
Nah,  Yo Kai Watch games look good.