Author Topic: Epic buys Fall guys  (Read 2073 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Bebpo

Re: Epic buys Fall guys
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 03:13:06 PM »
I guess it sorta fits with the Fornite/Rocket League crowd they're trying to monopolize.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 03:26:25 PM »
get all your meme games under one roof
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 03:43:15 PM »
Never thought Sweeney would one day be positioning Epic as the next Nintendo but here we are.

Tasty

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 03:47:05 PM »
Also I watch clips of this game and it's legitimately like I'm having a seizure. No wonder kids have zero attention spans lmao.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 04:12:12 PM »
Seizure? I mean it got bright colours but... Not sure how that would give you a seizure.

Fall guys is a legit great game. It can be unfair as fuck sometimes, but it's kind of all in its concept. Perfect jump in and play 30 to 60 min with friends, without needing to take it seriously or be held back by friends sucking at it. In fact, it's best enjoyed when fucking friends over.

Bebpo

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 04:34:41 PM »
Next up PUBG and whatever.

I think Epic wants to have all the online MP games exclusive to their service and Epic Games Launcher/Store basically just be the home of MP gaming.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 04:49:07 PM »
Never thought Sweeney would one day be positioning Epic as the next Nintendo but here we are.

It's not even close at this moment imo. If Epic somehow buys Activision/Blizzard, they'd be closer to having a huge part of the gaming market. As it stands, Epic got super fucking lucky with Fortnite and the battle pass system, but they're chasing fads faster than they can foster fads.

They'd have to manufacture a new gaming console and make Fortnite amongst other IPs exclusive to that platform and PC. Which could happen, but I don't see that happening soon.

Next up PUBG and whatever.

I think Epic wants to have all the online MP games exclusive to their service and Epic Games Launcher/Store basically just be the home of MP gaming.

CoD and GTA Online are still the kings of multiplayer and have stayed kings for a very long time. We'll see where Fortnite is a few years from now.
OH!

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2021, 04:55:02 PM »
Yeah it's nice that they want that,and obviously Fortnite is huge, but GTA, COD, CSGO, Valorant, LoL, Dota, WoW and Overwatch are not going exclusive to epic.

Bebpo

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2021, 05:02:04 PM »
Yeah, Epic isn't going to money hat the big companies like GTA/CoD, but I just see them going after all these indie devs that breakout big with popular MP games going forward.

Tasty

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2021, 05:06:28 PM »
Seizure? I mean it got bright colours but... Not sure how that would give you a seizure.

1 million colors, 1 million tiny characters, abstract geometry out the ass and a minigame mentality. Looks like Wonderful 101 with less consistency and more acid. Makes WarioWare look like a slow-ass chess game.

Mighty Beanz: The Videogame

Not for me, and I generally eat softbrain Nintendo slop up.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2021, 05:21:27 PM »
Maybe Tim just liked the game :trumps

From what I've been told over the years people on internet forums put more thought into acquisitions than the companies buying shit  :doge
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2021, 07:55:06 PM »
Tonic more like toxic amirite
What

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2021, 08:28:37 PM »

1 million colors, 1 million tiny characters, abstract geometry out the ass and a minigame mentality. Looks like Wonderful 101 with less consistency and more acid. Makes WarioWare look like a slow-ass chess game.

(Image removed from quote.)

Mighty Beanz: The Videogame

Not for me, and I generally eat softbrain Nintendo slop up.

Fair enough. I'm in my thirties, but no seizures here.

It is mini games, like a very different battle royale that has taken inspiration from Takeshi's Castle and the wipe out TV show. Both when it comes to the games and the colour schemes.

Tasty

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2021, 08:34:23 PM »
Takeshi's Castle is cool... :dunno

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2021, 10:11:09 PM »
Quite a story to go from pumping out mobile/web garbage for a nearly two decades to being bought by Epic because they finally made game that a ton of people really like.
dog

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2021, 03:21:02 AM »
Takeshi's Castle is cool... :dunno

(Image removed from quote.)

It is, this game is also cool, I sucked so much at it tho and put it down awhile ago.

Wish I could get a refund for titles moving off steam (although this is maybe gonna stay on Steam)
What

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2021, 05:43:54 AM »
More like Epic Fail Guys!

Am I right gamers!?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2021, 07:52:22 AM »
I mean the game cant even break into top 100 played on steam so yea it fell off quick
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2021, 08:39:12 AM »
I mean the game cant even break into top 100 played on steam so yea it fell off quick

Pretty sure it's way more popular on PS4.
ど助平

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2021, 09:39:14 AM »
Yeah it was on ps± there right? Makes sense people stay there.

That said I never have any trouble finding games, and it is 60 man matches after all.

Edit ;just went to check... It is in the top 100 as well for February. Closer to the bottom than the top, but still not bad from such a small team