Author Topic: gaming youtubers don't seem to put a lot effort  (Read 7854 times)

Rman

gaming youtubers don't seem to put a lot effort
« on: March 10, 2021, 12:51:11 PM »
i remember watching a channel called reviewtechusa. in the last few years all the guy does is basically read IGN, GameSpot newsarticles, sometimes verbatim and gives a pretty safe takes.  i just checked now, and his latest view is around 5 minutes. he probably spends more time creating the thumbnails.

and if i look into his recent videos it is just more news video and that's it. and he has close to one million subs and a patreon. 

i don't mind patreons. i like jeremy parish's stuff, but jeremy parish puts in work into his videos. he's not reading some news articles verbatim and calling it day.

paprikastaude

Re: gaming youtubers don't seem to put a lot effort
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 12:52:29 PM »
Watch better channels :idont Like strafefox, Archipel, ArsTechnica, Digital Foundry...

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 12:58:39 PM »
Dunkey, the GOAT  8)

Linus Tech Tips, slick production  :dice

Digital Foundy, weaponized autism  :snob

Gmanlives, gotta love the Aussie playing shootbang  :rash

HDTVTest, Asian TV math :lawd

RLM :mike
🤴

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 01:06:05 PM »
Yeah, you're watching the wrong channels I think... check out Game Sack and Chrontendo. The super-in-the-woods research of Chrontendo is especially impressive.
^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 01:08:52 PM »
i remember watching a channel called reviewtechusa. in the last few years all the guy does is basically read IGN, GameSpot newsarticles, sometimes verbatim and gives a pretty safe takes.  i just checked now, and his latest view is around 5 minutes. he probably spends more time creating the thumbnails.

and if i look into his recent videos it is just more news video and that's it. and he has close to one million subs and a patreon. 

i don't mind patreons. i like jeremy parish's stuff, but jeremy parish puts in work into his videos. he's not reading some news articles verbatim and calling it day.

Yup.  He just reads shit and turns what should be a one minute article read into a 10 minute video.  Can't remember if YT is how he gets all his income at this point, but absolutely bonkers if so.  There's some other YT "content creators" like him out there and I simply just don't bother watching anything. 
ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 01:40:29 PM »
Hi

Rman

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 01:40:54 PM »

Yup.  He just reads shit and turns what should be a one minute article read into a 10 minute video.  Can't remember if YT is how he gets all his income at this point, but absolutely bonkers if so.  There's some other YT "content creators" like him out there and I simply just don't bother watching anything. 
Yes, it's his full time thing. he apparently has an editor too lol.

if you got a nice fulltime YT gig at least put more effort. they fact that he has memberships/patreons just makes me laugh. he just reads articles.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 01:43:32 PM »
Another guy who actually does make gaming-related videos, but tends to get stuff wrong and/or not really do anything apart from summarize the game he's talking about (I.E. if it's a beat-em-up, he'll literally just describe walking to the right and beating up dudes) is Top Hat Gaming Man.  I'm not sure why we need a 20 minute summary of Double Dragon game play, but there you go.
ど助平

Rman

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2021, 02:13:01 PM »
Another guy who actually does make gaming-related videos, but tends to get stuff wrong and/or not really do anything apart from summarize the game he's talking about (I.E. if it's a beat-em-up, he'll literally just describe walking to the right and beating up dudes) is Top Hat Gaming Man.  I'm not sure why we need a 20 minute summary of Double Dragon game play, but there you go.
Seriously lol.

probably more entertaining than metal jesus tho.

i know collectors hate metal jesus since his hidden gem stuff effects game prices.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2021, 02:15:25 PM »
Watch Dunkey instead
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2021, 02:28:28 PM »
Seriously lol.

i know collectors hate metal jesus since his hidden gem stuff effects game prices.
Other collectors are just jealous of the jesus.

He spends most of his time roaming around looking for or playing (rare) video games and making YouTube videos about them, while his wife allowed him to change half their new home into a video game museum / man cave.
And still he's like: "So yeah, I haven't played much Mega Man but this super ultra rare misprint copy of Mega Man for the Genesis that I picked up for $2 at a pawn shop is pretty neat. Oh and look at this, a pretty cool boxart of this weird looking PS3 game called Call of Duty Black Ops. I think I'm gonna try this first when I get home. I haven't played much Call of Duty so I'm excited to dive in. Once we get home I'll also show you guys our new automated mini bar and bartender drone, pretty cool"

and the haters be like: :gurl
🤴

thetylerrob

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2021, 02:34:43 PM »
Tim Rogers/Action Button is putting more effort into his videos than any other YouTuber. If you want quality over quantity he's your guy. He calls them reviews but they're really collections of multiple video essays.

Season 1 of his youtube channel so far:

The Final Fantasy VII Remake: 3:18:55

The Last Of Us: 3:04:04

DOOM: 3:30:21

PAC-MAN: 2:55:57

Tokimeki Memorial: 5:56:25

His last review for season 1 is Cyberpunk 2077, and it should be out soon. I would say he also has the power of weaponized autism, but he also has a rare neurological disorder that causes him to literally remember almost every moment of his life.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 02:38:52 PM by thetylerrob »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2021, 02:36:18 PM »
Arlo puts in effort too but he's still shit tho  :doge

spoiler (click to show/hide)
and probably on the FBI watch list
[close]
🤴

Rman

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2021, 02:40:10 PM »
Tim Rogers/Action Button is putting more effort into his videos than any other YouTuber. If you want quality over quantity he's your guy. He calls them reviews but they're really collections of multiple video essays.

Season 1 of his youtube channel so far:

The Final Fantasy VII Remake: 3:18:55

The Last Of Us: 3:04:04

DOOM: 3:30:21

PAC-MAN: 2:55:57

Tokimeki Memorial: 5:56:25

His last review for season 1 is Cyberpunk 2077, and it should be out soon. I would say he also has the power of weaponized autism, but he also has a rare neurological disorder that causes him to literally remember almost every moment of his life.

I loved his Kotaku videos.  This is his personal channel?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2021, 02:42:00 PM »
Yes. It's good stuff.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2021, 02:50:25 PM »

I like Top Hat's coverage of super obscure systems (like the Casio PV-1000 for instance)... but his game summaries leave a bit to be desired as you said.

Another great reviewer who goes into a lot of detail is Kim Justice - especially in terms of the British retrogaming scene.
^_^

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2021, 02:51:47 PM »
ReviewTechUSA, yes, high quality content

fat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2021, 03:04:33 PM »
Demi pimping his own channel I see
What

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2021, 03:05:58 PM »
ReviewtechUSA has such wankdad takes too.  :lol :lol

Was not expecting that to be the very first person you were going to bring up.

Rman

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2021, 03:33:12 PM »
ReviewtechUSA has such wankdad takes too.  :lol :lol

Was not expecting that to be the very first person you were going to bring up.
The funny thing is that he doesn't review anything. He just reads IGN articles.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2021, 04:49:01 PM »
Tim Rogers/Action Button is putting more effort into his videos than any other YouTuber.

If you want quality over quantity he's your guy.

yar

Bebpo

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2021, 04:52:12 PM »
I don't watch youtubers, but that's a pretty broad umbrella considering there's like hundreds/thousands of different people.

I'm sure there's a lot of good ones and lot of bad ones.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2021, 04:59:13 PM »
I don't watch youtubers, but that's a pretty broad umbrella considering there's like hundreds/thousands of different people.

I'm sure there's a lot of good ones and lot of bad ones.

Too rosy an outlook on life there, Bebs. A few good ones, several tolerable ones, and many, many shitty ones.
yar

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2021, 06:02:42 PM »
whats up guys its ya boy who is ted danson? coming at you with another gaming news post.

Before I get into things let me just ask you guys to like and subscribe, it really helps. And don't forget to hit the notification bell, because youtube subscriptions don't work anymore anyway so I guess subscriptions don't help after all.

Now today I'm going to talk about microsoft completing their purchase of bethesda and what this means for you.

Before I get into this things, let me give a shoutout to todays sponsor, NordVPN. Use the code DANSON30  for 30% off a year of NordVPN.

NordVPN is a virtual private network (VPN) service provider. It has desktop applications for Windows, macOS, and Linux, mobile apps for Android and iOS, as well as an application for Android TV.[6][7] Manual setup is available for wireless routers, NAS devices and other platforms.[8]

NordVPN is based in Panama, as the country has no mandatory data retention laws and does not participate in the Five Eyes or Fourteen Eyes alliances.[9]NordVPN was established in 2012 by "four childhood friends", as stated on its website.[2] Late in May 2016, it presented an Android app, followed by an iOS app in June the same year.[10] In October 2017, it launched a browser extension for Google Chrome.[11] In June 2018, the service launched an application for Android TV.[12] As of October 2019, NordVPN was operating more than 5,200 servers in 62 countries.[13]

In March 2019, it was reported that NordVPN received a directive from Russian authorities to join a state sponsored registry of banned websites, which would prevent Russian NordVPN users from circumventing Russian state censorship. NordVPN was reportedly given one month to comply, or face blocking by Russian authorities.[14] The provider declined to comply with the request and shut down its Russian servers on April 1. As a result, NordVPN still operates in Russia, but its Russian users have no access to local servers.[15]

In September 2019, NordVPN announced a VPN solution for business, called NordVPN Teams. It is aimed at small and medium businesses, remote teams and freelancers, who need to access work resources securely.[16]

In December 2019, NordVPN became one of the five founding members of the newly formed 'VPN Trust Initiative', promising to promote online security as well as more self-regulation and transparency in the industry.[17][18]

In August 2020, Troy Hunt, an Australian web security expert and founder of Have I Been Pwned?, announced a partnership with NordVPN as a strategic advisor. On his blog, Hunt described this role as "work with NordVPN on their tools and messaging with a view to helping them make a great product even better."[19]

Features
NordVPN routes all users' internet traffic through a remote server run by the service, thereby hiding their IP address and encrypting all incoming and outgoing data.[20] For encryption, NordVPN uses the OpenVPN and Internet Key Exchange v2/IPsec technologies in its applications.[21] Besides general-use VPN servers, the provider offers servers for specific purposes, including P2P sharing, double encryption, and connection to the Tor anonymity network.[1] NordVPN offers three subscription plans: monthly, yearly and bi-yearly. It is not possible to cancel a subscription through the web interface.

At one time NordVPN used L2TP/IPSec and Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) connections for routers, but these were later removed, as they were largely obsolete and insecure.

NordVPN has desktop applications for Windows, macOS, and Linux, as well as mobile apps for Android and iOS and Android TV app. Subscribers also get access to encrypted proxy extensions for Chrome and Firefox browsers.[22] Subscribers can connect up to 6 devices simultaneously.[23]

In November 2018, NordVPN claimed that its no-log policy was verified through an audit by PricewaterhouseCoopers AG.[24][25]

In July 2019, NordVPN released NordLynx,[26] a new VPN tool based on the experimental WireGuard protocol, which aims for better performance than the IPsec and OpenVPN tunneling protocols.[27] NordLynx is available to Linux users and, according to tests performed by Wired UK, produces "speed boosts of hundreds of MB/s under some conditions."[28]

In April 2020, NordVPN announced a gradual roll-out of the WireGuard-based NordLynx protocol on all its platforms.[29] The wider implementation was preceded by a total of 256,886 tests, which included 47 virtual machines on nine different providers, in 19 cities, and eight countries. The tests showed higher average download and upload speeds than both OpenVPN and IKEv2. [30]

In November 2020, NordVPN launched a feature that scans the dark web to determine if a user's personal credentials have been exposed. When the Dark Web Monitor feature finds any leaked credentials, it sends a real-time alert, prompting the user to change the affected passwords. [31]

In December 2020, NordVPN started a network-wide rollout of 10Gbps servers, upgrading from the earlier 1Gbps standard. The company's servers in Amsterdam and Tokyo were the first to support 10Gbps, and by December 21, 2020, over 20% of the company's network had been upgraded.[32][33]

Security issues and controversies
On October 21, 2019, a security researcher disclosed on Twitter a server breach of NordVPN involving a leaked private key.[34][35][36] The cyberattack granted the attackers root access, which was used to generate an HTTPS certificate that enabled the attackers to perform man-in-the-middle attacks to intercept the communications of NordVPN users.[37] In response, NordVPN confirmed that one of its servers based in Finland was breached in March 2018.[38][39] The exploit was the result of a vulnerability in a contracted data center's remote administration system that affected the Finland server between January 31 and March 20, 2018.[38] According to NordVPN, the data center disclosed the breach to NordVPN on April 13, 2019, and NordVPN ended its relationship with the data center.[39] Security researchers and media outlets criticized NordVPN for failing to promptly disclose the breach after the company became aware of it.[36][35][40] NordVPN stated that the company initially planned to disclose the breach after it completed its internal audits.[36]

In October 2020, NordVPN started rolling out its first colocated servers in Finland to secure the hardware perimeter. The RAM-based servers are fully owned and operated by NordVPN in an attempt to keep full control.[41] [42]

On October 29, 2019, NordVPN announced additional audits and a bug bounty program.[43] The bug bounty was launched in December 2019, offering researchers monetary rewards for reporting critical flaws in the service.[44]

On November 1, 2019, in a separate incident, it was reported that approximately 2,000 usernames and passwords of NordVPN accounts were exposed through credential stuffing.[45][46]

Reception
In a February 2019 review by PC Magazine, NordVPN was praised for its strong security features and an "enormous network of servers", although its price tag was noted as expensive.[1] CNET's March 2019 review favorably noted NordVPN's six simultaneous connections and dedicated IP option.[47] In a positive review published by Tom's Guide in October 2019, the reviewer concluded that "NordVPN is affordable and offers all the features that even the hardcore VPN elitists will find suitable".[48] The reviewer also noted that its terms of service mention no country of jurisdiction, writing that the company could be more transparent about its ownership.[49] The company has since updated the Terms, explicitly mentioning Panama as its country of jurisdiction.[50] TechRadar recommended NordVPN for bypassing state-level Internet censorship, including the Great Firewall in China.[51]

OK so heres a screenshot of a Gamespot article about microsoft buying bethesda. Because you are an illiterate fuckwad let me help you out here. Skyrim 2 is going Xbox exclusive. Thats right guys. You love Skyrim? Get an Xbox. BUT Naughty Dog is making their own version of Skyrim with Joel and Ellie. So maybe that will be better? I don't know guys, how about you drop a comment below? It really helps me out guys.

Woah time flies, looks like my 10 minutes are up, hope you enjoyed the video guys. Remember to like, comment and subscribe. Oh, and join NordVPN with the code DANSON30.

Tomorrow I'll be sharing some cool news about The Last of Us 3. Alright peace out bye.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2021, 06:25:49 PM »
The algorithm also works in a way that more shitty content -> less quality content.

Trash with a click baity title and a Wordart thumbnail with emoji's is going to get you more exposure than quality content. :trumps
🤴

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2021, 06:47:59 PM »
It really matters what type of content you want. Sounds like a very generic thing to say, but it's true. Arguably, videogame critique on design is at its peak. For stuff that's funny, there are way too many YouTubers and streamers that are either wooden planks or fake as fuck regarding personality.

Joseph Anderson, Tim Rogers, Whitelight, and Raycevik are my favorite analytical YouTubers. They make videos that are long and discussions around game design are the meat of these videos.

For comedy, I've been fucking with Jerma985 and AvoidingThePuddle. Both of these streamers have a back and forth with their community that's endearing and honest. Both have great playthrus of both great and shitty/weird games.

Also, fuck Linus Tech Tips. If you're interested in a shill that advertises the absolute cutting edge for hardware or tech, he's your guy. LGR (Lazy Game Reviews) is a much more interesting channel that has a wide range of older tech and hardware that's infinitely more interesting.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 07:05:59 PM by mormapope »
OH!

Tuckers Law

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2021, 07:12:25 PM »
I like Game Makers Toolkit.  Joseph Anderson has a problem with brevity, but I still support him doing his thing despite not being a big fan myself.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2021, 07:38:40 PM »
Who else is not a fan of a big bearded dude and a webcam right under his face???

How is that a interesting viewpoint?

Even shroud who's butt ugly I enjoy watching his face

Jerma? Who the fuck is this guy and why should I care? Maybe say something interesting instead of dumping a 2 hour video lmao. I got his shit recommended on Youtube and found none of it funny.

Why is Dunkey like one of the only people who understands comedy?

Same with this XcQ guy, maybe he's for the kids but none of these people are funny to me.
What

thetylerrob

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2021, 07:42:48 PM »
Dunkey sucks and isn't funny though so it seems like a weird time to bring him up.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2021, 07:45:34 PM »
Dunkey sucks and isn't funny though so it seems like a weird time to bring him up.

Sounds like someone couldn’t beat Bowser’s Big Bean Burrito  :girlaff
Margs

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2021, 08:02:18 PM »
I mean, people who watch gaming YouTubers are pretty much  :esports :expert :crybaby :vr :bowsette :gamer :social  so why would you expect anything of any quality?
Spud

mormapope

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2021, 08:03:54 PM »
Who else is not a fan of a big bearded dude and a webcam right under his face???

Jerma? Who the fuck is this guy and why should I care? Maybe say something interesting instead of dumping a 2 hour video lmao. I got his shit recommended on Youtube and found none of it funny.

Same with this XcQ guy, maybe he's for the kids but none of these people are funny to me.

Breh you have a Dr. Disrespect avatar. You come across as a perpetual 14 year old, so it makes sense why you don't enjoy adult things.
OH!

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2021, 11:19:59 PM »

You don't have to try so hard to outstupid your avatar
yar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2021, 11:22:53 PM »
Seriously lol.

Other collectors are just jealous of the jesus.

He spends most of his time roaming around looking for or playing (rare) video games and making YouTube videos about them, while his wife allowed him to change half their new home into a video game museum / man cave.
And still he's like: "So yeah, I haven't played much Mega Man but this super ultra rare misprint copy of Mega Man for the Genesis that I picked up for $2 at a pawn shop is pretty neat. Oh and look at this, a pretty cool boxart of this weird looking PS3 game called Call of Duty Black Ops. I think I'm gonna try this first when I get home. I haven't played much Call of Duty so I'm excited to dive in. Once we get home I'll also show you guys our new automated mini bar and bartender drone, pretty cool"

and the haters be like: :gurl

It is funny that his pick-up videos will drive up some prices.  :lol

Almost five years old now and still spot-on with its parodies:

ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2021, 02:29:08 AM »

Breh you have a Dr. Disrespect avatar. You come across as a perpetual 14 year old, so it makes sense why you don't enjoy adult things.

Hmm ok dude, the ava means nothing I havent watched the Doc since he switched to Valorant ugh.. and he is just a character.

What

who is ted danson?

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2021, 03:56:43 AM »
Serious post. I do / did like noclip and Noah Caldwell-Gervais. You basically have to watch them in chunks unless you want to sit there for 40++ mins (2h++ in NC-Gs case). But, because youtube is like a fucking slot machine, its hard to remember what I was watching last time and I'll rarely go back after watching 10-20 mins. I also liked Strat-Edgy at one point but tbh haven't checked him out in years.

I also do **unironically** sometimes watch metal jesus rocks but I don't know dick about retro gaming, so perhaps that makes me his target audience? I like the ones where he just shoots the shit with his friends, the solo ones are a bit zzzz.

A few channels that come to mind and I looked up (haven't watched in years):
-Pete Dorr - This guy is still (sorta) going
-Classic Game Room - dead
-DSP -  :lol
-Snestastic - stopped watching this guy a long time ago because he went through the cycle of buy games -> sell whole collection -> buy games again.
-SamueltehG33k & ElPresador - these had a minor (funny) beef a long time ago. The former ended up a republican, the latter is still spamming youtube daily.
-Team Avolition - golden era of minecraft imo, but long dead now
-Veriax - lets plays (background tab material). This guy is still going (11 years of lets plays  :o)

Tech tubers:
I think they have all become identical in terms of production and constant product shilling. I did used to like TekSyndicate (which imploded), i guess in part because they at least tried to have a more unique aesthetic.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2021, 07:24:27 AM »

Hmm ok dude, the ava means nothing I havent watched the Doc since he switched to Valorant ugh.. and he is just a character.

Who livestreams from inside public bathrooms?
ど助平

mormapope

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2021, 07:36:32 AM »
Serious post. I do / did like noclip and Noah Caldwell-Gervais. You basically have to watch them in chunks unless you want to sit there for 40++ mins (2h++ in NC-Gs case). But, because youtube is like a fucking slot machine, its hard to remember what I was watching last time and I'll rarely go back after watching 10-20 mins. I also liked Strat-Edgy at one point but tbh haven't checked him out in years.

I also do **unironically** sometimes watch metal jesus rocks but I don't know dick about retro gaming, so perhaps that makes me his target audience? I like the ones where he just shoots the shit with his friends, the solo ones are a bit zzzz.

-Snestastic - stopped watching this guy a long time ago because he went through the cycle of buy games -> sell whole collection -> buy games again.
-SamueltehG33k & ElPresador - these had a minor (funny) beef a long time ago. The former ended up a republican, the latter is still spamming youtube daily.
-Veriax - lets plays (background tab material). This guy is still going (11 years of lets plays  :o)

Tech tubers:
I think they have all become identical in terms of production and constant product shilling. I did used to like TekSyndicate (which imploded), i guess in part because they at least tried to have a more unique aesthetic.

DSP had one of the strangest arcs possible. Where at first, this is how you don't play was relatively harmless and him bitching about those videos was funny and unwarranted. But eventually, a borderline cult did form that would discuss and analyze every moment from his life.

Elpresador and his shitck of hating Call of Duty was fantastic, and he actively hated it during the best entries in the franchise lol. He is genuinely unhinged and fucking crazy, so him being a Trump fan was a logical progression.
OH!

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2021, 07:38:33 AM »
Pete Dorr is good people. He's pretty local to me and I've run into him a few times at local conventions and retro game meetups. He's a fellow Marty fan and owner so we hit it off pretty quickly.
^_^

Rman

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2021, 07:47:20 AM »
Some good recs. Added a few.

Good post by Ted Danson. I don't mind people making a living on YT, but man, it seems the hobby channels, where the creators already have a job, are even better than the full-time Youtubers.

Techtubers have nice production values as well, but the content is so lazy as well.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2021, 07:52:08 AM »

Who livestreams from inside public bathrooms?

Oh boy yall really pulling out all the stops here

next thing ur gonna tell me he cheated on his wife too

:lol
What

Tasty

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2021, 08:23:55 AM »
I enjoy AdumPlaze these days. Mostly for Scoot.

who is ted danson?

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2021, 09:19:10 AM »

Tech tubers:

DSP had one of the strangest arcs possible. Where at first, this is how you don't play was relatively harmless and him bitching about those videos was funny and unwarranted. But eventually, a borderline cult did form that would discuss and analyze every moment from his life.

Elpresador and his shitck of hating Call of Duty was fantastic, and he actively hated it during the best entries in the franchise lol. He is genuinely unhinged and fucking crazy, so him being a Trump fan was a logical progression.

The impression I get with DSP is that the cult are the only ones keeping him going. If they stopped watching, I think he would be finished.

Some good recs. Added a few.

Good post by Ted Danson. I don't mind people making a living on YT, but man, it seems the hobby channels, where the creators already have a job, are even better than the full-time Youtubers.

Techtubers have nice production values as well, but the content is so lazy as well.

I definitely think there is a curve where low-ish production values and very high production values (e.g. noclip) make good stuff. And then in the middle there is a no mans land where channels probably make enough money to sustain a person full time, but they have to constantly shill random stuff to do so. I think there is just far too much of a copy & paste attitude on youtube where people rip off video formats, background/"set" design, camera angles, etc. Another example is the "daily vlogger" category, where after casey neistat blew up, there were suddenly hordes of people try to rip off his format/style (and arguably his life) down to the very last detail. Maybe its the only way to get ranked on the algorithm, but my god is it boring.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Tasty

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2021, 09:23:51 AM »
The algorithm rewards copying what is popular, basically. But that's also partly human nature.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2021, 09:33:51 AM »
the algorithms are used by the globalists for mass hypnosis and mind control :info
(ice)

Tasty

« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2021, 09:36:46 AM »
the algorithms are used by the globalists for mass hypnosis and mind control :info

More like the algorithm is self-aware and conspiring with other algorithms to slowly erase the human race from the face of the planet.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2021, 09:43:28 AM »
Another great reviewer who goes into a lot of detail is Kim Justice - especially in terms of the British retrogaming scene.

:bow Kim Fucking Justice :bow2

I LOVE when she does shit like this. Scraping the bottom of the British barrel. I casually drop references to these to my British coworkers and they lose their mind that I know who Mr. Blobby is, it's great.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2021, 09:49:58 AM »
PeteDorr is on twitch, I watch him a lot. He does ebay streams and tries to find random cool lots and just plays whatever the fuck he wants.
fat

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2021, 10:01:28 AM »
LadyPelvic has some nice RPG coverage and good production values for her videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnsNpWwCKSrTXOu-9wfVrpw
^_^

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2021, 10:03:45 AM »
i misread coverage as cleavage :noah
(ice)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2021, 10:07:23 AM »

Anyways, um... I bought a whole bunch of shungite rocks, do you know what shungite is?
Anybody know what shungite is? No, not Suge Knight, I think he's locked up in prison.
I'm talkin' shungite. Anyways, it's a two billion year-old like, rock stone that protects against frequencies and unwanted frequencies that may be traveling in the air.
That's my story, I bought a whole bunch of stuff. Put 'em around the la casa. Little pyramids, stuff like that
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2021, 10:46:12 AM »
The impression I get with DSP is that the cult are the only ones keeping him going. If they stopped watching, I think he would be finished.

You really gotta hand it to the guy- he continues to scrape by, even after things like :dsp.  But even he has to realize that this is not going to sustain him long-term and he's going to need to get himself a job at some point...right...?

LadyPelvic has some nice RPG coverage and good production values for her videos.

She comes off as the antithesis of Destiny FOMO.  Will check out her content.
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2021, 11:14:08 AM »

Anyways, um... I bought a whole bunch of shungite rocks, do you know what shungite is?
Anybody know what shungite is? No, not Suge Knight, I think he's locked up in prison.
I'm talkin' shungite. Anyways, it's a two billion year-old like, rock stone that protects against frequencies and unwanted frequencies that may be traveling in the air.
That's my story, I bought a whole bunch of stuff. Put 'em around the la casa. Little pyramids, stuff like that

Haha I didnt know this meme, whats his deal with shungite? i mean i dont take anything he says seriously but that is funny lmao
What

Rman

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2021, 12:28:32 PM »

You really gotta hand it to the guy- he continues to scrape by, even after things like :dsp.  But even he has to realize that this is not going to sustain him long-term and he's going to need to get himself a job at some point...right...?

is that the chick with the huge boobs? i think she came up on my suggested videos.  i don't mind a liberated woman. do you. but this girl loves showing some cleavage lol.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2021, 02:13:06 PM »

is that the chick with the huge boobs? i think she came up on my suggested videos.  i don't mind a liberated woman. do you. but this girl loves showing some cleavage lol.

Yeah- she turned into a total THOT.  There was a thread about her posted in the hidden sub-forum:

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=47047.0

Haven't paid attention to anything with her in a while- there was some controversy over her videos just becoming OnlyFans ads or something like that, plus doing copyright strikes on people criticizing her. 

She had a live stream interview with someone over whatever thing it was people didn't like.  I want to say it was accusations that she was "fake" and not into games or whatever?  Anyway, during this stream, she starts looking away from the camera and it's clear that someone is telling her what to say in the background.  :lol   But who cares?  People are watching for tits.

Edit: Found it.

Why would anyone be surprised by this? The chick is 1000000 percent a front for some dude to make money.

:journo
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 02:17:47 PM by bork »
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2021, 02:21:42 PM »
The fake people are the fucking worst man

jesus christ

IM A COLLECTOR

Lmao nah u aint
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2021, 02:35:34 PM »
The fake people are the fucking worst man

jesus christ

IM A COLLECTOR

Lmao nah u aint

"Give this video a thumbs-up if you enjoy my outfit!  Like and subscribe!" 

Quality content!

:journo :dsp :journo

ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2021, 03:51:41 PM »
Quality something alright.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2021, 04:06:39 PM »
thot streamers are cool and all but due to the way everything is presented they just show off cleavage and whatnot and like THAT'S COOL but if you're into asses the whole thing is kind of a letdown  :doge
yar

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2021, 04:30:02 PM »
Honestly im more lik wow u got tits so does the rest of the female population
What