Author Topic: gaming youtubers don't seem to put a lot effort  (Read 7847 times)

Rman

Re: gaming youtubers don't seem to put a lot effort
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2021, 05:07:51 PM »
The fake people are the fucking worst man

jesus christ

IM A COLLECTOR

Lmao nah u aint

"Give this video a thumbs-up if you enjoy my outfit!  Like and subscribe!" 

Quality content!

:journo :dsp :journo

These backdrops of tons of games.  *snore* do something new plz.

Tasty

« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2021, 08:55:39 PM »
i remember watching a channel called reviewtechusa.

Hey I've heard of these guys!

:crowdlaff :umad  :heh :neogaf :heyman :ryker :point :judge :show

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2021, 09:15:12 PM »
i remember watching a channel called reviewtechusa.

Hey I've heard of these guys!

:crowdlaff :umad  :heh :neogaf :heyman :ryker :point :judge :show

Did he really call out Mega 64 for making a "low-hanging fruit" video with the kind of stuff he does?  :lol

:spiders
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2021, 09:20:24 PM »
The comments

bro the console is flawed. did you watch the video
This video has a strong "Old man yells at cloud" vibe to it.
The professional technology reviewer on YouTube doesn't understand the new Mega64 video.  Sad day.
Imagine getting angry over a guy breaking a toy he paid for.
"Running out of ideas" from the guy who just talks into the camera about someone else's video.
Do you spend half your day yelling at children to stay off your lawn?
Low hanging fruit?

Ever heard the phrase "the pot calling the kettle black"

:delicious
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2021, 09:37:44 PM »
Was just reading those :lol

Like-dislike is surprisingly positive, considering. Was expecting 10-90 lol.

Tasty

« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2021, 09:38:39 PM »
Fyi Mega64 made and sold a shirt with a design based on that thumbnail. :lol

https://twitter.com/mega64/status/1331055219480752130

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2021, 09:39:12 PM »
:rofl
ど助平

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2021, 12:02:55 AM »
Tim Rogers/Action Button is putting more effort into his videos than any other YouTuber. If you want quality over quantity he's your guy. He calls them reviews but they're really collections of multiple video essays.

Season 1 of his youtube channel so far:

The Final Fantasy VII Remake: 3:18:55

The Last Of Us: 3:04:04

DOOM: 3:30:21

PAC-MAN: 2:55:57

Tokimeki Memorial: 5:56:25

His last review for season 1 is Cyberpunk 2077, and it should be out soon. I would say he also has the power of weaponized autism, but he also has a rare neurological disorder that causes him to literally remember almost every moment of his life.

The Doom video is an incredible thing. I love how it's essentially just a story of life. I've been thinking of putting it in the videogame videos thread, but never know how to explain why it's so good at describing the various life situations and people described in the video and that time period. It's like I know exactly what he means and the people he describes. It's scary vivid how you can easily find similar people you have bumped into during your lifetime and similar scenarios. I love the Doom review.

Fuck it. I'll splooge:

- The whole thing about how your dad ties into videogames. And the experience of essentially "yep and then he never played vidya again"

- The dirtbag friend who has a weird thing about how he treats women. Tying in with the various boy vs. girl commercial segment. Muah.

- Poserdom. And finally not having to be a poser anymore.

- The two Beavis and Butthead types he would eat lunch with at high school.

- and then some dude (cause you know it was a dude in the 90s) burned down our high school gym.  :lol

- College experiences

- Life during Covid times

- The whole American McGee thing

- The Edge review thing is hilarious

- All the various knowledge drops in general. So fleshed out.

- So many minor things and nuggets tossed in a way that make it so honest.

I enjoy the little small breaks in character where is is like half in character, but you can feel the tongue in cheekness.

Probably my favorite thing to be released from Gaming Youtube Vidya content in 2020 and I didn't discover it until like 2 months ago.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 12:10:04 AM by EchoRin »

Tasty

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2021, 01:00:27 AM »
- and then some dude (cause you know it was a dude in the 90s) burned down our high school gym.  :lol

Buffy Summers: Am I a joke to you?

Tasty

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2021, 01:02:41 AM »
Tim Rogers/Action Button is putting more effort into his videos than any other YouTuber. If you want quality over quantity he's your guy. He calls them reviews but they're really collections of multiple video essays.

Season 1 of his youtube channel so far:

The Final Fantasy VII Remake: 3:18:55

The Last Of Us: 3:04:04

DOOM: 3:30:21

PAC-MAN: 2:55:57

Tokimeki Memorial: 5:56:25

His last review for season 1 is Cyberpunk 2077, and it should be out soon. I would say he also has the power of weaponized autism, but he also has a rare neurological disorder that causes him to literally remember almost every moment of his life.

The Doom video is an incredible thing. I love how it's essentially just a story of life. I've been thinking of putting it in the videogame videos thread, but never know how to explain why it's so good at describing the various life situations and people described in the video and that time period. It's like I know exactly what he means and the people he describes. It's scary vivid how you can easily find similar people you have bumped into during your lifetime and similar scenarios. I love the Doom review.

Fuck it. I'll splooge:

- The whole thing about how your dad ties into videogames. And the experience of essentially "yep and then he never played vidya again"

- The dirtbag friend who has a weird thing about how he treats women. Tying in with the various boy vs. girl commercial segment. Muah.

- Poserdom. And finally not having to be a poser anymore.

- The two Beavis and Butthead types he would eat lunch with at high school.

- College experiences

- Life during Covid times

- The whole American McGee thing

- The Edge review thing is hilarious

- All the various knowledge drops in general. So fleshed out.

- So many minor things and nuggets tossed in a way that make it so honest.

I enjoy the little small breaks in character where is is like half in character, but you can feel the tongue in cheekness.

Probably my favorite thing to be released from Gaming Youtube Vidya content in 2020 and I didn't discover it until like 2 months ago.

:confused

I checked out here lol. Not for me.

Edit- Removed disparaging comment.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2021, 03:10:54 AM »
Now I want to know what the disparaging comment was  :lol. Tasty you're usually so well behaved.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2021, 03:46:43 AM »
Tim Rogers is a very atypical and neurotic  person with a ton of self awareness and a very strange (and cool) sense of humor.
OH!

Tasty

« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2021, 07:56:43 AM »
Now I want to know what the disparaging comment was  :lol. Tasty you're usually so well behaved.

To prevent the implication I had typed something worse, it was: "Why's it always some no-chin whitedude lol"

Which I do regret and apologize for.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2021, 11:24:38 AM »
50 minutes trashing ReviewTechUSA. I don't think RT-USA could talk about RT-USA for 50 minutes.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Tasty

« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2021, 01:16:08 PM »
50 minutes trashing ReviewTechUSA. I don't think RT-USA could talk about RT-USA for 50 minutes.

And the reaction: :lol

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2021, 02:29:30 PM »

To prevent the implication I had typed something worse, it was: "Why's it always some no-chin whitedude lol"

Which I do regret and apologize for.

Just a God damn soyboy 😉

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2021, 09:52:16 PM »
I don't think RT-USA could talk about RT-USA for 50 minutes.

:existential
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2021, 12:13:56 AM »

:popcorn
ど助平

Rman

« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2021, 01:10:00 AM »

lol. looks one of those drama videos used to build an audience.

Boredfrom

« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2021, 03:51:15 AM »
Civie 11 and tehsnakerer are my favorites Eurojank connoisseurs:

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2021, 04:06:29 AM »
Game Sack is decent

What

Rman

« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2021, 10:35:44 AM »
Game Sack is decent

I agree. He puts a lot of effort. Good crisp footage, nice transitions, funny skits.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2021, 09:58:01 PM »
Slope does great stuff.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2021, 09:58:25 PM »
And Guru Larry!

ど助平

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2021, 02:08:57 AM »
Tim Rogers/Action Button is putting more effort into his videos than any other YouTuber.

(Image removed from quote.)

If you want quality over quantity he's your guy.

Tim Rogers is a self indulgent, self centered liar who wishes he was half as smart as he pretends to be. I remember when a journalist friend ended up quoting Rogers during his ((very) brief) stint at Sony, where Rogers claimed he was Kutaragi's right-hand man. Dude was willing to lie and potentially kick the legs out of a writer's career to have his position exaggerated in the press, which could have blown up on both of them. Rogers also made such a negative impression on the Tokyo expat gamedev drinkup crew that they implemented stricter "new guest" policies. So, nah, I won't be watching any of his content and adding clicks to his revenue. Dude's broken.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2021, 04:02:30 AM »
I think there are plenty of solid Youtube Game channels. May not be for everyone though.

Noah Caldwell-Gervais-Obviously not strong on the production values and presentation since it's mostly b-roll footage with voice-over. But I think Noah is a solid essay writer and these while maybe a bit long are good personal essays on video games.

Jeremy Parish-Jeremey is just a good writer and his youtube channel is excellent. Good videos about the history and context of his subjects.

Modern Vintage Gamer-Good informative tech videos. MVG doesn't come off as douche, just a dude interested in this stuff.

Stop Skeletons From Fighting-Yeah it's a white guy talking about video games, but Stop Skeletons focus on more weird stuf and I think the videos are well done with plenty of enthusiasm.

Austin Eruption-Not for everyone as Austin can be a bit obnoxious and features the random cut away to shit that passes as youtube humor, but I think he's still a tolerable weeb in that he's self-aware about this crap.

ThorHighHeels-Not for everyone as Thor's voice and sometimes humor can be a bit much, but he talks about really obscure games and just games with a Japanese focus. He's really good at creating a personal aesthetic, mood, and atmosphere I think.

Nitro Rad-I don't know, I kind of like this guy's enthusiasm.

minimme-I like this channel because I think the guy covers things bigger channels would have no interest in and the videos are well done enough. I mean so many gaming youtube channels will have this big produced logo and then shit audio, so production value and presentation is half the battle.

Tarks Gauntlet-Super weeb channel, but I don't find it offensive.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2021, 07:31:42 AM »
Tim Rogers/Action Button is putting more effort into his videos than any other YouTuber.

Tim Rogers is a self indulgent, self centered liar who wishes he was half as smart as he pretends to be. I remember when a journalist friend ended up quoting Rogers during his ((very) brief) stint at Sony, where Rogers claimed he was Kutaragi's right-hand man. Dude was willing to lie and potentially kick the legs out of a writer's career to have his position exaggerated in the press, which could have blown up on both of them. Rogers also made such a negative impression on the Tokyo expat gamedev drinkup crew that they implemented stricter "new guest" policies. So, nah, I won't be watching any of his content and adding clicks to his revenue. Dude's broken.

Worse than Fishie?  Or is it Rogers who I was told about when I went to a meetup once?  :thinking
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 07:36:23 AM by bork »
ど助平

thetylerrob

« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2021, 04:00:09 PM »
I also want to know the weird thing Tim did.

Boredfrom

« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2021, 06:00:00 PM »

He is a pretty genuine dude and I like his focus in platformers and RPG maker games

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2021, 09:53:42 PM »
Worse than Fishie?  Or is it Rogers who I was told about when I went to a meetup once?  :thinking
I also want to know the weird thing Tim did.
Tim sucked all the air out of the room by attempting to become the main focus of attention -- and focusing on eggs to a degree that everyone there was uncomfortable with him.

I'm remembering something about Fishie abusing the trust of the peer-environment, as that drink-up is a hotbed of borderline NDA-breaking behavior. Less so now, but back in the day, loose lips abounded, and things that were said at the drink-up found their way into his news articles, IIRC.

Tasty

« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2021, 10:11:02 PM »
Thank you chrono for reinforcing to me that I'm an excellent judge of character. :jawalrus

Sucks that shit happened though. :shaq2

Rman

« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2021, 07:18:52 AM »
I think there are plenty of solid Youtube Game channels. May not be for everyone though.

Noah Caldwell-Gervais-Obviously not strong on the production values and presentation since it's mostly b-roll footage with voice-over. But I think Noah is a solid essay writer and these while maybe a bit long are good personal essays on video games.

Jeremy Parish-Jeremey is just a good writer and his youtube channel is excellent. Good videos about the history and context of his subjects.

Modern Vintage Gamer-Good informative tech videos. MVG doesn't come off as douche, just a dude interested in this stuff.

Stop Skeletons From Fighting-Yeah it's a white guy talking about video games, but Stop Skeletons focus on more weird stuf and I think the videos are well done with plenty of enthusiasm.

Austin Eruption-Not for everyone as Austin can be a bit obnoxious and features the random cut away to shit that passes as youtube humor, but I think he's still a tolerable weeb in that he's self-aware about this crap.

ThorHighHeels-Not for everyone as Thor's voice and sometimes humor can be a bit much, but he talks about really obscure games and just games with a Japanese focus. He's really good at creating a personal aesthetic, mood, and atmosphere I think.

minimme-I like this channel because I think the guy covers things bigger channels would have no interest in and the videos are well done enough. I mean so many gaming youtube channels will have this big produced logo and then shit audio, so production value and presentation is half the battle.

Tarks Gauntlet-Super weeb channel, but I don't find it offensive.

Nice recs.

Anyone remember this dude called AlphaOmegaSin? I saw one video and had enough but it seems he quit Youtube? He has like near half a million subs lol.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2021, 08:22:11 AM »
Anyone remember this dude called AlphaOmegaSin? I saw one video and had enough but it seems he quit Youtube? He has like near half a million subs lol.

Forgot all about that guy, lol.  I don't think anything happened with him and he just stopped doing videos and tweets stuff now.

Stealth edit- He stopped uploading videos normally three years ago, but put up two videos in 2019 and that was it.  Somehow, despite the lack of any content, he still has 12 people subbed to his Patreon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheCinemassacreTruth/comments/bcmwi0/what_ever_happened_to_alphaomegasin_he_never/

Every word out of his mouth related to metal or Satan or being badass and it got old real quickly. It's like that one dude you knew from high school that wore a Nirvana shirt with long greasy hair only 20+ years older. He's as unwanted on this channel as Pat is.
:neogaf
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 08:43:20 AM by bork »
ど助平

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2021, 09:08:23 AM »

:lol

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2021, 02:12:25 PM »
My favorite videogame Youtuber:

:rejoice
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2021, 05:00:41 PM »
©@©™

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2021, 02:59:54 AM »

Aw, bummer to hear about that. Still enjoyed the Doom review though   :doge

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2021, 04:44:50 AM »
Anyway. Inspired by Rax, I figured I'd bust out the ol "vidya youtube channels you are subscribed to" on this early saturday morning of which I will not go to sleep due to my busted sleep schedule. Hopefully I power through the day and pass out at 11PM tomorrow. Without further ado (in no specific order):

Capcom Fighters - Do you like watching competitive Street Fighter 5? Me neither... except like maybe 4 times a year for no particular reason. I haven't even played 5 for real. Been a long time since I even played 4. Some people watch Dota2, Counter-Strike, CoD, Starcraft 2 competitions. I dig the Street Fighter competitions.

Computerphile - This is actually mainly about computer tech. Frankly not much that I can actually use or comprehend. I'm sure others here will comprehend it though.

DidYouKnowGaming? - Factoids.

Electric Playground Network - Nostalgic in some ways. I like Vic. Honestly I don't get much from him in terms of reviews (movies or games. Especially movies), but I love his interviews.

Kim Justice - Kim is damn good. Extra focus on the British side of gaming. Some of her documentaries would be nicely paired with a budget from Netflix. Very informative.

Mega 64 - I'm just here for the comedy. Sometimes it hits, sometimes it misses. Dug the hell out of their EVA sweded editions.

My Life in Gaming - Lots of retro focus. What hardware to play on, what are the differences. Getting extra anal and nitty gritty about it. In a useful way though lol. There's other stuff too. You'll quickly grasp the general idea if you click on the hyperlink.

PtoPOnline - I love this little channel. Weird shit that got canned or lost or eventually turned into something else. Demos of stuff. This is cool in a preservation kind of way. 

CuteFloor - Somewhat similar to the above.

Klagmar - Vidya game music uploads. I love people like this. Very straightforward. For the love of the tunes. I'm all for it.

NeverKnowsBest - Video essays. Or essentially just long reviews / analysis / retrospectives for the most part. Can be a bit dry at times. Sometimes feel like he gets hung up on proving specific objective points that don't necessarily blend with the subjective feeling behind things. You don't have to be so literal at times, but hey, everyone's got a style or things that seem to throw em into a light frenzy haha.

8-bit Music Theory - A cross section of vidya tunes and, you guessed it, music theory. Again, very much up my alley.

Ahoy - The guy who would do short video essays about specific weapons among other other themes. Always dug his production.Wonder what he has up his sleeves in terms of one of those longer docs.

Archipel - Do you like vidya? Are you a weeb? Interviews with Japanese people in the entertainment arts. That's what this channel provides for the most part. Their 2 part Dreamcast doc was awesome. I like that lots of their videos also feature the guest taking us around spots that they like or inspire them or whatever else. The flavor of life is part of these videos. And that's something you don't necessarily get very often.

Censored Gaming - I'm here only for the objective parts of the videos. The crowd of this channel is kinda  ::). What are you gonna do though? An intersection of shitty gamer kultcha type of guys and actual facts. Kinda reminds me of the good old days of browsing various massage boards where I would sift through the trash to get to the key info and avoid the community as that is the weak part.

Dave2D - Tech. Mostly mobile on the go tech. Dave seems like a likeable guy. Though sometimes I wish he would review some lower end material and give more context between the value and performance.

Errant Signal - Video essays. Various topics. I do like that half of the time I'm bumping into games I wouldn't know about or only heard about in passing and never really knew about them.

Game Score Fanfare - Vids under 15 minutes usually about music in videogames. 75% of the time I'd say.

Foxcade - video essays. He likes Devil May Cry quite a bit as you can tell by skimming the thumbnails of his videos. It also occurs to me now that I've watched very little of his output.

Game Makers Toolkit - Popular channel. Takes looks at various topics or gameplay mechanics. The Boss Keys series is neat.

Gaming Historian - Exactly as it sounds.

GilvaSunner - Channel dead? Maybe not. I don't know. Maybe just in limbo. Either way a source for vidya music that has at times been hit with channel strikes by videogame companies that are sometimes stuck back in 1988 with their way of thinking about music sharing thinking.

GmanLives - If it shoots and bangs, he's probably gonna review it. First and third person shooters all day erryday (erry week or so). It's funny clicking on a review that's like 5 years old from him. You can see how his presence and way of speaking is eventually find it's groove, but hey it took a while to develop his way of speaking to be smooth and confidant as it is now. He is really horny for polygonal women...

GVMERS - Docs about games or game series. Nice narrator voice.

KingK - Reviews, retrospectives and the odd thematic video.

LGR - Computer tech and games. Likeable host.

Major Third - About videogame music. The videos that interested me have sort of stopped it seems. But the channel is alive. Just different uploads than what turned me on to it originally.

Matthematosis - Reviews mostly. Damn. Didn't know I probably ran into his channel around 7 years ago judging by some uploads that I remember being new when I saw them.

Noah Caldwell-Gervais - Longform reviews mostly. I'd like share a cup of coffee with him in a small town by a forest and ask him about what traveling book from an older decade he is in the midst of reading.

Obscure OSTs - Exactly as it sounds.

Raycevick - Known for retrospectives. Other musings as well.

Smooth McGroove - Hope he's doing alright. Seems like he's kinda lost his motivation for the simple but effective idea of doing videogame music a cappellas. 

Summoning Salt - Speed running docs.

Super Bunnyhop - Various topics.

The 8-Bit Guy - Mostly old tech stuff. Sometimes mixed with modern retro stuff. I love the spirit of the host. He got hit hard by the shitstorm that hit Texas. Hope he recovers soon. As in his home. He's physically fine (except for his posture, lol).

The Easter Egg Hunter - Videos about easter eggs. Nothing more nothing less.

Whitelight- Retrospectives, critiques.

Writing on Games - Various topics.

Strafefox - Making ofs

Austin Wintory - Awesome resource for music fans. Breakdowns and interviews with various composers.

Danimally VGM - Uploads random videogame tracks. I'm all for it.

Thinreaper - Various topics. Sounds like he's going to be able to do more videos than before. I wish him best of luck.

Jacob Geller - Various topics.

Video Game Animation Study - As it sounds.

Noclip - Various stuff. Docs and interviews aplenty.

GDC - Game Developers Conference videos

Supradarky - My man. Videogame music uploads. Demolished by Nintendo. He rises from his grave soon. Reuploaded all his old stuff and will be continuing. If you go to "Playlists" you will find all the old material.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 05:44:31 AM by EchoRin »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2021, 11:41:49 AM »
Heh, you got me to check out MyLifeInGaming since I haven't kept up with them... I turned to the Trials of Mana remake vid since I'm playing the original now. I love the shirt he's wearing!
^_^

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2021, 06:59:06 PM »
Like, 90% of the vidya channels I watch/subscribe to are very niche, arpg related shit
yar

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2021, 11:32:44 PM »
Smooth McGroove - Hope he's doing alright. Seems like he's kinda lost his motivation for the simple but effective idea of doing videogame music a cappellas.

ok this is some crazy timing

his last video was july 2019 but there is a new video uploaded 7 hours ago, which was about 12 hours after your post

:whoo
Uncle

Rman

« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2021, 09:10:04 AM »

ok this is some crazy timing

his last video was july 2019 but there is a new video uploaded 7 hours ago, which was about 12 hours after your post

:whoo

Looks like he had some health issues and is back to business.  Good to hear is doing better. Sounded serious (kidney disease, fatigue)

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2021, 01:37:06 PM »
It's a bit of a strange vid in that I'm glad he is much healthier than he was before, but it would seem that it was mainly an issue of adjusting his diet. And that's fantastic. But I looked into the dude who he was inspired by and it's a guy who has no medical knowledge and also writes for Goop (yes that Goop).

So it's like he got to the right answer, while using a strange formula. I would assume the Goop guy writes his books by actually leaning on some nutrition science, but with a whole bunch of woo that "just kinda sounds right to me even though I'm not basing this on any study".

I know that if I was to eat a whole bunch of chocolate (3 king sized bars) my teeth start to hurt and my body has some spots that get itchy. So I don't indulge in copious amounts of chocolate all at once. Now I didn't consult any doctor or a Goop guy, but yes I'm aware that chocolate doesn't agree with me in large amounts. Would some nutritionist or (are there diet doctors? Maybe there are allergy doctors? Clearly you can tell I'm not the most ill person on the planet) probably say "ah yes, that's a fairly common issue with some people bla bla bla...". I guess so. At least it would then likely be backed up with actual science. As opposed to Goop guy saying the same thing, but backing it up with some vague spirit feeling.

Tl;dr - I'm glad Smooth McGroove figured out his diet which seems to be helping him in a huge way. Just wish he wouldn't fall into some pseudoscience woo that maybe worked out this time, but could be an issue if leaned on the next time something is up with this body.

The duuuuude

Tuckers Law

« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2021, 11:19:46 PM »
Anyway. Inspired by Rax, I figured I'd bust out the ol "vidya youtube channels you are subscribed to" on this early saturday morning of which I will not go to sleep due to my busted sleep schedule. Hopefully I power through the day and pass out at 11PM tomorrow. Without further ado (in no specific order):

8-bit Music Theory - A cross section of vidya tunes and, you guessed it, music theory. Again, very much up my alley.

Game Makers Toolkit - Popular channel. Takes looks at various topics or gameplay mechanics. The Boss Keys series is neat.

LGR - Computer tech and games. Likeable host.

Summoning Salt - Speed running docs.

Noclip - Various stuff. Docs and interviews aplenty.

GDC - Game Developers Conference videos

Supradarky - My man. Videogame music uploads. Demolished by Nintendo. He rises from his grave soon. Reuploaded all his old stuff and will be continuing. If you go to "Playlists" you will find all the old material.

I'll heartily second all the above.  Love 8-Bit music theory, LGR does really interesting dives into retro/esoteric PC stuff (like recently running a pc game via reel-to-reel), and supradarky is the shit!  Glad that Smooth McGroove is doing better now, looking forward to new arrangements of his.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2021, 01:27:06 PM »
Never got any better than the good ol' days.

:tocry
ど助平

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2021, 04:27:36 PM »
May as well add this classic:

and I guess this one:

and let's pay our respects to one of the greatest presidents of ALL TIME  :american :usacry :salute:

Tasty

« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2021, 04:40:55 PM »
Cringe as fuck but it's stuck in my memories so I gotta post it :yeshrug

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2021, 01:28:43 AM »
About the 8-Bit Guy. Today I learned:

https://twitter.com/RealTimeKodi/status/1309886976837980161

Eh... I know he's a Texan and all that, but I didn't think he had this weird gun fetishistic side to him  :-\. Enjoy your guns and all, but to have this strange glee of whatever these two vids are...

Apparently this is footage from over 5 years ago. Just weird man.

edit:

Oh.  :mindblown

« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 01:43:38 AM by EchoRin »

Boredfrom

« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2021, 03:24:27 AM »
Censored Gaming - I'm here only for the objective parts of the videos. The crowd of this channel is kinda  ::). What are you gonna do though? An intersection of shitty gamer kultcha type of guys and actual facts. Kinda reminds me of the good old days of browsing various massage boards where I would sift through the trash to get to the key info and avoid the community as that is the weak part.

Glad to hear that the guy is legit. Sometimes he ends in my recommendations but I don’t want to watch gamergators esque people with click bait misinformed videos (even if I am anti censorship).

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2021, 03:51:25 AM »
6 Bit Guy - So you’re telling me a pudgy Caucasian guy with an electronics fetish is unclear on why the rest of the people are upset that he’s wandering the streets in a group with semiautomatic rifles, so he’s taking a moment to explain why society doesn’t understand why they’re wrong?

I’m shocked, I tell you.

Shocked.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2021, 09:18:10 PM »
8-bit guy armed and ready to deal with mass shooters.  :rejoice :salute :usacry

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2021, 01:04:46 PM »
Here's the best youtube video on kickstarter/crowdfunding.