Author Topic: Let's get them shots bois, post here when you get yer f'n covid vaccine  (Read 12598 times)

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
Re: Let's get them shots bois, post here when you get yer f'n covid vaccine
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2021, 05:38:22 PM »
Moderna still good. There's just less real world data with Moderna vs Pfizer because the Israeli sold their people health data out for a discount and first priority with pfizer.

...Then they got their supply from pfizer cut off by refusing to pay $800K of what they owned.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2021, 05:58:07 PM »
Moderna still good. There's just less real world data with Moderna vs Pfizer because the Israeli sold their people health data out for a discount and first priority with pfizer.

...Then they got their supply from pfizer cut off by refusing to pay $800K of what they owned.

:filler
Margs

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2021, 06:51:16 PM »

:filler

I mean the jewish nation-state not paying a bill is funny
:O

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2021, 07:36:01 PM »
look how they treat the pfizerstinians :trumps

Snoopycat_

« Reply #184 on: April 28, 2021, 08:13:21 PM »
Got my first Pfizer jab earlier. Bit of a sore arm but more importantly the nurse was hawt as fuck.

james

Getting J&j this week. If i die please retire surprised Pikachu

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Japan’s vaccination rollout is so bad that I nearly had a panic attack yesterday thinking about how ridiculously poorly they have handled both communication and logistics.

I reviewed the local website this morning to see when Osaka is getting vaccine reservations out: they are sending physical postcards in the mail to everybody in last year’s census. Moreover, the calendar for this weak ass rollout shows only last month through the end of this week, and covers only people starting at age 90 and over, and ends with age 64 and over.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Good thing you’re covered then  :teehee
Margs

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
And I thought Germany's bureaucracy was crusty.

Bebpo

Wow, stay safe Chronovore.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Shot #2 about 5:30 ago, feeling it in my arm a bit but whatever they say I'll be aok in like 24-48 hours and then two weeks from today we can actually go forth again. :rejoice
Hi

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
we're getting our shots in june  :gun

already got amongst the travel bubble and had a holiday in australia over the recent anzac weekend 8) we were one of the first flights of internationals to arrive without quarantining first since the beginning of covid and a concierge at a hotel we stayed at audibly gasped when walking through the lobby asking where we came from and repeated it saying "wow, you're the first internationals we've had in over a year" and all these aussie battlers standing around just started gawking at us lol
◕‿◕

T-Short

• hooker strangler

Not heard back. RIP

地平線

james

Not heard back. RIP

(Image removed from quote.)

Just had it done 11 minutes left to wait

My arm hurts already

Treating myself to an acai bowl next

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Japan’s vaccination rollout is so bad that I nearly had a panic attack yesterday thinking about how ridiculously poorly they have handled both communication and logistics.

I reviewed the local website this morning to see when Osaka is getting vaccine reservations out: they are sending physical postcards in the mail to everybody in last year’s census. Moreover, the calendar for this weak ass rollout shows only last month through the end of this week, and covers only people starting at age 90 and over, and ends with age 64 and over.
Don't worry it is like this all over the world
🤴

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

If you can come back to the U.S., you might actually want to try getting the shot here (Moderna/Pfizer/J&J). At least in California, the COVID numbers have dropped to the point where it's only a few thousand daily cases in the state. Not great, but considering it's 40 million people in California, it basically means the active covid cases that can you sick is the lowest percentage we seen since this whole thing started.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Good thing you’re covered then  :teehee
:iface

SmokyDave

Just queuing for my first AZ shot. I bet the nurse lovingly strokes my arm, they always do.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
RIP Smokydave
🤴

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
i only talk to phizerphuckbois

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
Pfizer gang gang here, shot 2 tomorrow. Bring it on!

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Was in the hospital for a regular colonoscopy checkup (fucking horrible), and the waiting room's TV showed news which was proudly announcing that the vaccines are rolling out for everyone 65 and older. Also, there are some cities which are setting up public testing stations now. I wanted to put my foot through the TV. I cannot abide how miserably and slowly this country has acted in this crisis.

Was in the hospital for a regular colonoscopy checkup (fucking horrible), and the waiting room's TV showed news which was proudly announcing that the vaccines are rolling out for everyone 65 and older. Also, there are some cities which are setting up public testing stations now. I wanted to put my foot through the TV. I cannot abide how miserably and slowly this country has acted in this crisis.

Have you thought about a family trip to California? Take the kids, you could all get vaccinated and be done with it.

I highly recommend not going to Idaho right now, though.
野球

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
In the Netherlands you can get a Dumpster Vaccine.

When vaccines are left over some of the vaccination centers and doctors put them on a website and you can sign up to get a jab until they expire.
The service is quite popular, one of my friends tried to get one but they were all out before it was his turn.
🤴

When vaccines are left over some of the vaccination centers and doctors put them on a website and you can sign up to get a jab until they expire.
The service is quite popular, one of my friends tried to get one but they were all out before it was his turn.

Leftover doses were a thing here, too. I was trying to get one that way before I was eligible but they decided who got them solely on age and there were always people 60+ that would show up.
野球

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
they're offering a load of unused pfizers in my hood tomorrow for over 18s, and I'm gonna guess that 80% of the queue for it will be already fully vaxxed old people
(ice)

Bebpo

So I've been sick for six weeks post Pfizer #2 to the point where my doctor even acknowledge last week that it could be side effects from the shot and they should subside soon. I think I'm finally better now. I've had about 3-4 good days in a row now.

I'm pretty sure the 2nd shot and my immune system's reaction to it (which was extremely strong) caused my Crohn's Disease that was in remission for the last 11 years to flare up hard and fuck up all my GI. Had insane acid reflux for weeks and couldn't eat anything much and acid damage in my throat/vocal chords that would take days to heal and fuck up my sleep plus stomach/gut pains and bathroom troubles. Really sucked and was scary, but now I think I'm finally back to normal AND vaccinated and life is great! I went to a mall for the first time today and I wanted to shop everything it was so nice. Stores gonna make a killing when people come back and want to shop again.

Still worth the vaccine shot and hopefully I'm done with my reaction. Definitely concerned about this happening each time with boosters though >_<
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 05:37:49 PM by Bebpo »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
Should be getting Pfizer #1 tomorrow.
I kind of fear the side effects, since i have a bit of a workload at the moment, also hopefully it won't kill me.  :doge

Bebpo

Generally you shouldn't have any reaction other than feeling a little shitty the next day for a single day after shot #1.

james

Not heard back. RIP

(Image removed from quote.)

Just had it done 11 minutes left to wait

My arm hurts already

Treating myself to an acai bowl next

Arm hurt 2.5 days, like someone punched it.

Only side effect was a mild headache the next morning.

My body is a beast

NekoFever

Got my first hot Pfizer injection today. So far so good. No side effects other than the injection site feeling slightly bruised.

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Leftover doses were a thing here, too. I was trying to get one that way before I was eligible but they decided who got them solely on age and there were always people 60+ that would show up.

My kids have all kinds of other things they’re attending to, but I should consider that as a possible plan. My wife is getting vaccinated as a healthcare professional this month. She has also petitioned the public health board on my behalf, telling them of my comorbidity problems and that if an American catches this and dies on their watch it will reflect poorly on them. Few things are greater motivators to a Japanese person.

It seems like the Japanese government is finally getting motivated to ramp up vaccinations. I have no idea how they thought they could do nothing during this, all the while promoting the Olympics. They look like idiots. Now I am seeing plans to have pharmacies and dentists admitted the vaccination, and a big spike in newly administered doses. I’m feeling some hope, but I still want to slap politicians.

If I am unable to get vaccinated by the first week of July, I will likely fly in its 2nd half.

I have seen the numbers on Idaho, and it’s not great.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Just got my first Moderna vaccine shot

Now to wait for the second one
What

My kids have all kinds of other things they’re attending to, but I should consider that as a possible plan. My wife is getting vaccinated as a healthcare professional this month. She has also petitioned the public health board on my behalf, telling them of my comorbidity problems and that if an American catches this and dies on their watch it will reflect poorly on them. Few things are greater motivators to a Japanese person.

It seems like the Japanese government is finally getting motivated to ramp up vaccinations. I have no idea how they thought they could do nothing during this, all the while promoting the Olympics. They look like idiots. Now I am seeing plans to have pharmacies and dentists admitted the vaccination, and a big spike in newly administered doses. I’m feeling some hope, but I still want to slap politicians.

If I am unable to get vaccinated by the first week of July, I will likely fly in its 2nd half.

I have seen the numbers on Idaho, and it’s not great.

Japan's response isn't surprising but still very infuriating. I love that your wife is using the dead American card to try and get you a shot. By any means necessary. That's true love.

Idaho isn't just the numbers, those people are fucking idiots. They were holding mask burnings on the steps of the state capitol.

Em and I are fully vaccinated now, we're thinking about an outdoor date night next week while her parents are visiting. It would be our first restaurant/bar/anything in 15 months.

The kiddo won't be eligible until September, so we're keeping her safe and still mask up whenever we go with her out of solidarity. And we don't trust idiots who refuse to get vaccinated and won't wear a mask.
野球

SmokyDave

RIP Smokydave
Still standing!

Not gonna lie, it knocked me off my feet Sunday night, felt like I was simultaneously burning up and freezing cold. Tried being stonefaced in front of the missus but it just fell apart, I was a mess. Still, it's done now, bring on shot two!

Oh, the nurse didn't lovingly stroke my arm. He was tender, but workmanlike. I think because it's intra-muscular and it's normally my veins that get them moist.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
Got shot 1 a couple of hours ago.
If i don't post in the next 24 hours, you know what it means. :derp

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Got shot 1 a couple of hours ago.
If i don't post in the next 24 hours, you know what it means. :derp
Your clone will return
🤴

Pissy F Benny

getting the Pfizer (I think) next Tuesday  :shaking
(ice)

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
Got my second Moderna on Monday. Tuesday I was out of commission. Nothing terrible. Bit of a heavy head. Back slightly sore like when you are sick and the body aches. Just the back though. Spent the day under the covers. By the evening I was alright more or less. Ate only breakfast and one left over burger. By Wednesday I was good to go.

So about a week and half before I'm fully immune. Cool stuff. It's been nice hanging out with my other fully vaxxed friends already without having to worry about social distancing or masks.

edit: oh right. The shoulder where the shot was administered hurt  for 2, 3 days, but that was whatever compared to the general sick feeling I had on tuesday.

Pissy F Benny

getting the Pfizer (I think) next Tuesday  :shaking

had the Pfizer, i was semi concerned they would give me a shitty astrazaneca with all the Indian variant scaremongering going on over here :win
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #220 on: June 12, 2021, 08:50:34 AM »
Getting my first shot with magnetic powers July 3rd
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #221 on: June 21, 2021, 05:37:40 AM »
Just got my second moderna shot bois give me your energy
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #222 on: June 21, 2021, 06:11:57 AM »
no
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #224 on: June 21, 2021, 07:20:40 AM »
i only give energy to my fellow pfizer chads (cos its part of the design)

:trumps
(ice)

james

« Reply #225 on: June 21, 2021, 12:18:12 PM »
The second shot is the one with a 90% chance of death so drink lots of fluids

Tuckers Law

« Reply #226 on: June 21, 2021, 12:39:04 PM »
Just got my second moderna shot bois give me your energy

I’ll give you some of my Epic Games Store-hate energy, got plenty in reserve.

Also what James said, stay plenty hydrated.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #227 on: June 21, 2021, 03:14:52 PM »
Have you seen the gas prices, we no longer have the energy :trumps
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #228 on: June 22, 2021, 12:25:14 PM »
i only give energy to my fellow pfizer chads (cos its part of the design)

:trumps

I hope it's big pp energry because I need it! 🙏 🙏 🙏
©@©™

Tycoon Padre

« Reply #229 on: June 28, 2021, 11:23:00 AM »
Got my second Pfizer dose at Emirates Stadium today, they were ignoring the NHS guidelines and giving them to anyone that was at least three weeks out from their first. UK folks should check out r/GetJabbed if they want dose 2 early, sounds like lots of the walk-in clinincs are doing the same.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #230 on: June 29, 2021, 11:13:32 AM »
Got my second dose of Moderna this morning.  Still have the normal number of tentacles. 

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #231 on: June 29, 2021, 12:17:24 PM »
Got my second dose of Moderna this morning.  Still have the normal number of tentacles.

Good luck tomorrow with the headaches and cold shivers.. :/ only lasts about a day or so
What

Kurt Russell

« Reply #232 on: June 29, 2021, 01:29:06 PM »

Read that as 'testicles'.

Let me know how the sides are from the 2nd. I had both Astrazeneca had no side effects from the 2nd at all. My wife had Moderna and was even pissier than usual after the first, so hoping the 2nd will be easier.
woke

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #233 on: June 29, 2021, 04:57:52 PM »
Started to feel like shit

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #234 on: June 30, 2021, 04:48:33 AM »
Started to feel like shit

Gonna be ok bud just hang in there
What

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #235 on: June 30, 2021, 09:01:20 AM »
Holy fuck last night was bad.  Went to bed early, then woke up like an hour later with shivers that lasted until 3AM.  Then I got way too hot.  Got about 4 hours of sleep.  Super stiff now and have a minor headache but at least the fever shit seems to be gone.  Really glad I didn't get the real thing.

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #236 on: June 30, 2021, 10:04:08 AM »
Finally got my first dose of BioNTech juice. Second dose booked for the 24:th of August.  :noah
地平線

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #237 on: June 30, 2021, 10:25:42 AM »
Chills are back :(

Tuckers Law

« Reply #238 on: June 30, 2021, 01:14:34 PM »
Monitor your fever closely, every hour or maybe even every half hour if you’re really feeling it, and get plenty of hydration Madrun.  If you haven’t already, I’d take something to reduce the fever (aspirin/Tylenol/ibuprofen).

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #239 on: June 30, 2021, 02:04:20 PM »
Thanks.  Took some Tylenol.  The worst is I keep cycling between being too cold to get out of bed to being way too hot.  It's not as bad as last night though, so hopefully, this will be done by tomorrow.