Author Topic: are u a content creator?  (Read 1221 times)

Rman

are u a content creator?
« on: April 07, 2021, 03:12:04 PM »
wondering if any here in this fine community have yt channels, twitch streams, or similar.  self promote.

Bebpo

Re: are u a content creator?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 03:20:17 PM »
My content is my bore posting  :brain

Tasty

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 03:59:42 PM »
I think MMrasu is making some headway.

My content is only available to studio executives and high-level agents. :snob

Long Answer
Kinda tried to be with narrative short films on YouTube, but those were mostly for learning and self-teaching how to filmmake. And I didn't produce nearly often enough to get noticed (two new uploads a year won't cut it, lol.)

A gaming community I started had a fun shared Twitch presence for a few years (exported/backed up to YouTube, which added a bit more attention from randos), and I also got my start producing podcasts for the site too. These days the community is around but the media side has mostly been sunset.

A few years ago I became I guess what I'd call a YouTube Producer for someone who was well-known in a niche's traditional media world, but unknown online. That lasted two months before a severe clash between the talent and the Executive Producer sunk the whole thing.

These days I'm in the early stages of new short films destined for my new "professional" Vimeo, including one I want to partner with an animator on. I want to do more animation even if it's just 1-2 fps animatics. But all of this is in service of getting attention for my screenwriting and eventually being able to sell scripts outright, before I can eventually produce bigger things. :)

But I basically have nothing I can link to yet so this post is pretty pointless lol.

Too much info I know. 😬
[close]

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 04:22:00 PM »
I have a folder of pics/videos with all my exes

:wong
:O

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 04:54:05 PM »
I'm generally satisfied, yeah

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2021, 05:02:15 PM »
I could be dril if I wanted but I like it here

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2021, 05:12:48 PM »
I aspire to be but I havent finished an edit in months. I have a few things going though but Im having a hard time finishing them
What

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2021, 05:24:53 PM »
yes but only for my fans.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2021, 05:25:08 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2021, 05:51:54 PM »
I was a big league Nintendo focused content creator before there was such a thing during the GameCube/Wii/WiiU/(3)DS days :ego
A my highest point I was probably the 4th or 5th biggest name in the 'biz' in the Netherlands and the site we ran with our crew was #1 when it came to everything Nintendo.
Back then we had much more fun though and it was never about any money, more about the friendships and experiences.
Getting free games as a student and attending press events was like the best thing ever.  8)

We also beat those 'print press' gen-x'ers and boomers at Mario Kart and every other game. They always felt they were 'better' than us but we had a bigger reach and all their magazines eventually folded.
Sometimes I look up some of those old names only to find out they've turned into wank dad crypto anti-vaxxers.  :lol

Our crew ended up just fine. Our editor in chief burned through a number of start-ups before he became marketing manager at McDonalds,
the guy who tagged along with me for a long time is now probably the most succesful Dutch Apple influencer and other people of our group were also highly succesful.
NintenDaan actually managed to achieve his dream and works at Nintendo now. I remember giving him the pep talk as he was afraid he wasn't good enough to do YouTube and people always bullied him because of his Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register..

It was also fun to see that our boy Leon from Ubisoft Benelux produced E3 last year. Most people I know from those days of internet 'journalism' all became quite succesful in their fields or the companies they worked at.
Unfortunately there was no way to make money from writing about games in those days. All you could do was a few website ads. The YouTube content creators were sort of just starting as I started to focus on other things.
It didn't seem like a viable career path at the time unless you wanted to become a paid journalist or put a lot of effort in your video content and gimmicks like the AVGN did.
🤴

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2021, 05:56:58 PM »
I really wanna twitch stream pinball but I start shopping for gear and I get bored and distracted
rub

samir

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2021, 06:02:41 PM »
More Nintex lore  :rejoice

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2021, 06:12:54 PM »
I really wanna twitch stream pinball but I start shopping for gear and I get bored and distracted

My friend who owns 40/50 machines tried that. It's somehow more boring than watching someone play pinball in person.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2021, 06:14:17 PM »

My friend who owns 40/50 machines tried that. It's somehow more boring than watching someone play pinball in person.

Yeah that's what I'm afraid of. Unless you're Dead Flip, don't stream pinball.
rub

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2021, 06:36:21 PM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
will peek back to see who's doing stuff
[close]

Rahxephon91

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2021, 10:12:28 PM »

I tried for a hot second. It was fun and I'd like to do more, but life happened and I've just been busy.

It was just a hobby. Just an outlet to talk about things I think are cool and be positive about stuff.

Tasty

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2021, 11:14:50 PM »
Support creators! :heartbeat

Tasty

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2021, 02:06:56 AM »
content create this dick

👀👀👀👀👀

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2021, 02:07:26 AM »

I tried for a hot second. It was fun and I'd like to do more, but life happened and I've just been busy.

It was just a hobby. Just an outlet to talk about things I think are cool and be positive about stuff.

that time you posted your dick doesn't count

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2021, 06:59:54 AM »
I was. It sucked. Do not recommend.

i'd be gutted if some weirdo stole all my content and got big retweets for it too :goldberg
(ice)

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2021, 09:20:49 AM »

i'd be gutted if some weirdo stole all my content and got big retweets for it too :goldberg

Hey, it payed the bills  :idont  :money
Margs

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2021, 11:41:46 AM »
^_^

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2021, 11:43:02 AM »

^_^

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2021, 11:49:44 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

James having that many exes  :gurl  :girlaff  :kermit
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2021, 12:09:42 PM »

:lol

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2021, 12:22:10 PM »
if the thief is who i remember it being, he's a massive candy ass and one of the worst wrestling twitter losers

#istandwithstro
(ice)

Rman

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2021, 04:41:52 PM »
many of these content creators are brands unto themselves.  lacking personality in the process since they want to a super clean image for sponsors/partners.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2021, 05:14:25 PM »
The simpler explanation is that they were just boring people to start with. Especially "influencers".

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2021, 05:23:46 PM »
link?