Author Topic: why is fedex so bad?  (Read 867 times)

Rman

why is fedex so bad?
« on: April 15, 2021, 03:37:28 PM »
of all the main us logistic companies these guys are the worst. even worse than than usps, which is not too bad given how shitty they're treated under GOP administrations.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: why is fedex so bad?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 04:50:37 PM »
I'm an expert when it comes to getting fucked over by logistics.
:ego

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:rage
[close]

Gonna have to disagree with you, dawg.  My ranking of shittiest delivery services is currently:

1. USPS (Local depot)
2. UPS
3. Amazon
4. Fedex
5. Lasership

Have only had two incidents of FedEx fucking up- one time the driver just didn't come and I know this for a fact because I was at home at the time.  Called them up and got someone on the line who made the driver turn around and come back.  He was red-faced and pissed off.  I just smiled and waved. :awesome  The second was a package being marked as delivered that never came, but they found it and I got it.  Major props to their phone support for being so good. 

I'm only putting USPS over UPS for being shitty because I've had periods of time where stuff would come super-late, get re-routed to another depot or state, the local depot not being able to find packages when I'd go to pick them up, and when I've had to call, their support was good, but I always had to stay on hold for 1.5-2 hours before I could get someone.
:dizzy  But TBH it's just the local office that sucks.  When I track deliveries, they almost always get from the sender to the local depot with no issues.  It's when it arrives at the post office down the street that stuff goes wrong.

UPS always comes late for me and even if I get something overnighted, sometimes things still won't come on time.  Has zero to do with the pandemic or holiday seasons- they've always been like this.  Have gotten packages with footprints on them before too.  Their customer service is the worst, too.  I tried to find out what was going on with a missing package once and was "transferred" to a local office.  Sat on hold only to get a message telling me that the number was no longer in service. 
:neogaf

In fact, I'm dealing with them right now!  Ordered a new TV that was supposed to have delivered yesterday (overnight shipping).  It's from Costco- it shipped from the same city I live in.  UPS never picked it up yesterday and as of today still has yet to show up.

The only shipping service I've never had a problem with -they've always been amazing- is DHL.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 04:56:28 PM »
Has anyone ever gotten a UPS package with the 'Follow My Delivery' tracking option that works, BTW?  Whenever I try it, I just see the truck driving past my street or going somewhere and just sitting there for 30 minutes to an hour.  Not at a UPS depot but in a neighborhood assuming the tracking is actually right.  Maybe the driver is stopping to bang someone, dunno.
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 04:58:38 PM »
I'm always nice to the local delivery drivers, warn them when I see the police handing out parking tickets, help them when they can't find an address and accept packages for neighbours that are never home for their deliveries so they don't have to go to a pick-up spot but go the extra mile for me. :ego
🤴

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2021, 05:09:48 PM »
My friend's Xbox series x bundle got stolen by a fedex employee, so yeah they're pretty terrible

DHL is somehow worse, tho. I've not ordered from places before when I discover that's my only shipping option.
yar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2021, 05:16:51 PM »
Just tried Follow My Delivery-- the truck isn't even in the same part of the city right now and is a good 45 minutes or more out.  Estimated delivery time is for...one minute ago and it says "Almost there!"
:neogaf

Ain't even mad- exactly what I expected!  Not letting me down when it comes to being shitty. 
:mynicca

My friend's Xbox series x bundle got stolen by a fedex employee, so yeah they're pretty terrible

DHL is somehow worse, tho. I've not ordered from places before when I discover that's my only shipping option.

Different experiences for everyone! 

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2021, 08:47:04 PM »
Package never came.  Status changed to "Delivery Change Requested."  :lol

UPS is the G.O.A.T.
:lawd
ど助平

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2021, 09:28:56 PM »
I've got a fedex package that's been at the local facility since Sunday and hasn't moved. Like, wtf

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2021, 04:12:54 AM »
Seriously RMAN whats going on

RIP to those people  :-\ :'(
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2021, 04:12:56 AM »
Was it a Ree member looking for their Amiibo?

Bidens America
🤴

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2021, 10:15:18 AM »
I think it really varies on your location and what hub they run out of. Workplace culture is a thing and it trickles down to the drivers.

Also Fed Ex Air is NOT Fed Ex Ground. Separate entities. Air is like Whole Foods and Ground is like Dollar General.

Tldr: if you really value a shipment, spend the extra money to send it air

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2021, 12:13:52 PM »
Workplace culture is a thing and it trickles down to the drivers.
This right here.

Package handler was one of my first jobs. Some of the drivers were really diligent. Others didn't give a shit. Some of the throwers took care with boxes, other treated them trash.

Honestly, it's a roll of the dice regardless of which service you pick. If you live near a well run warehouse or hub with good management, congratulations. You've won the lottery.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2021, 03:19:22 AM »
Was it a Ree member looking for their Amiibo?

Bidens America

:iface