Author Topic: Mass Erect: Legendarily Huge Edition  (Read 5570 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: Mass Erect: Legendarily Huge Edition
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2021, 04:01:00 PM »
that size tho
What

Svejk

« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2021, 04:51:33 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2021, 03:06:09 PM »
The music on the install launcher bangs :whew
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2021, 02:45:39 PM »
finished mass effect 2 and would probably put it on par with the first, both have their strong and weak points, but the skill tree being so stripped down makes levelling up feel like a waste of time once you hit a certain level is very :donot

started 3 and its such an obvious step down,the kid shit in particular fucking suuuuuuuux, im guessing the writers at bioware started sniffing their own farts at this point. for a trilogy that is pretty straightforward until that point it feels out of place and lame. getting sidequests from eavesdropping npc dialogue too, who the fuck thought that was a good idea
(ice)

Svejk

« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2021, 05:01:17 PM »
Yeah, the quest handling in ME3 was such a turn off, I quit.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2021, 05:18:23 PM »
Bioware has been on a pretty steady downward spiral post Kotor/Jade Empire/Dragon Age Origins/ME1&2

Gee I wonder what could have possibly happened around that time???
yar

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2021, 05:26:40 PM »
Mass Effect 1 is great fun and one of those 10/10 absolute classics but some stuff is undercooked.

Like the random missions have the same 'base' on every planet and other repetition in assets I didn't quite remember.
Also it sucks that there's no indicator if  you've been to a solar system or not and how much % you've progressed (this was added in 2 I believe).
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2021, 05:27:28 PM »
the mission design in me3 seems way worse even if its pretty much the same

DEFEND AREA prompts is dumbing shit down too much even if you are following the same cutscene, walk up to combat area, fight off wave or two, cutscene, repeat basic mission structure as ME2
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2021, 05:33:50 PM »
Yeah the side content in ME3 was rather weak I recall.
Mostly because it was the GALAXY AT WAR so everything was combat.

It did have that awesome Leviathan DLC.

MARAUDAR SHIELDS
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2021, 07:51:42 PM »
Bioware has been on a pretty steady downward spiral post Kotor/Jade Empire/Dragon Age Origins/ME1&2

And over the past 5-7 years they've experienced massive brain drain. Hardly anybody from their heyday is left at the company.
dog

Hamarr

« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2021, 12:38:53 AM »
Yeah the side content in ME3 was rather weak I recall.
Mostly because it was the GALAXY AT WAR so everything was combat.

It did have that awesome Leviathan DLC.

MARAUDAR SHIELDS

Yes.  Me3 being so combat heavy gets tedious.  It’s too repetitive in mission design, too.  ME2 benefited a lot from having the normal exploration areas.  ME2 is a bit better than I had remembered it being.  At the time it came out, I was mostly annoyed with the changes from the first game.  Playing it through again, most of the new mechanics are better.  I do think the Mako served to break up the combat but the side stuff felt so hollow and empty in ME1. ME1 still has the best story.

I am only a couple of main missions into ME3 and already getting bored.  The side stuff and main stuff largely feels the same.  Combat, some big enemy drops, go to the Normandy for a quick debriefing and then repeat. Bleh.  There is some dlc I never played before, though, like the citadel one? 

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2021, 04:04:22 PM »

This can't be stated enough; EA originally wanted Mass Effect 3 out in under two fucking years. ME2 was a January 2010 game, the original window for ME3 was Q4 2011.

I want to live in the reality where Bioware stayed independent, Drew Karpyshyn stayed with the ME team and they all released a much beloved and triumphant final installment to the Mass Effect trilogy in holiday 2013.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2021, 11:52:41 AM »

And over the past 5-7 years they've experienced massive brain drain. Hardly anybody from their heyday is left at the company.

I think it's kinda neat that one of the original founders went to run a brewery. 
^_^

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2021, 12:41:36 PM »
Playing through 3 and its Cut Corners The Game. They even made flying around and scanning for shit even more tedious than ME2 :kobeyuck

Aren't all of the side missions the same basic get something, fight off a wave, get something else, fight off a wave, get back to the shuttle and fight off a wave mission on one of the multiplayer maps, I've only done one so far and it was shit.
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2021, 12:42:36 PM »
Ye im pretty happy I never really played 3 bar the opening stuff
What

Beezy

« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2021, 03:49:53 PM »
The combat was the best. Multiplayer especially. :yeshrug

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2021, 06:46:51 PM »
Playing through Mass Effect 1 and they've been cutting corners from the start.

Basically every 'base' or 'ship' in side missions is the exact same area with a few different enemies.
Plus they set-up all these mystery boxes in this game that ultimately lead to nothing in the sequels except for Cerberus.
There is also no logic to which NPC gets a unique character design or just a generic appearance.

I love Mass Effect but even so I have to admit this was taped together.
Some sequences that should've been cut scenes are text blurps describing what Shepard did and some cutscenes are just some guy turning his shoulder and walking away  :doge

There's also a ton of padding, this game could be half the size if they had reduced the distance between certain objects and NPC's by about 50%.
🤴