Author Topic: Mass Erect: Legendarily Huge Edition  (Read 5395 times)

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
Mass Erect: Legendarily Huge Edition
« on: May 11, 2021, 03:20:15 PM »

No asses for you

Visual improvements in detail

Gameplay changes and improvements

Some new gameplay from remaster

Out May 14th

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: Mass Erect: Legendarily Huge Edition
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 04:25:59 PM »
After finding out that the Cinco will upscale the PS4 version to 4k I'm interested, but probably not gonna buy it until a price drop.
yar

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 04:50:07 PM »
I wonder if WB really is gonna DMCA streamers for the music  :lol
What

Rahxephon91

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 03:02:01 AM »
I'm not a huge fan of ME, but I'm really excited about this one. A complete game trilogy still feels like a unique thing and there's nothing quite like ME. To have it all in one package really makes me interested in revisiting this era of gaming.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 04:09:19 AM »
I'd always meant to go play through all three in sequence someday but never got around to it so I'll probably end up with this at some point.
Hi

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 10:05:11 AM »
I enjoyed the original when it came out, loved the shit out of ME2 (still one of the best games of its gen) but never played 3, lol
yar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 10:21:18 AM »
I enjoyed the original when it came out, loved the shit out of ME2 (still one of the best games of its gen) but never played 3, lol

Same- I want this to just go through ME3, with the better visuals, but I don't know if that's worth sixty bucks.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2021, 10:35:36 AM »
Never finished my playthrough of ME1 due to RROD.  Finally played ME2 on PS3.. Felt the story and gameplay was pretty good... The lack of weapon and gear options left me wanting a lot more...  Tried ME3 on Wii U and was turned off by the horrible quest navigation.  I know people don't like "map icons" and "head to the glowing beacon-hand holding"... but this is a sci-fi game.  You mean to tell me there's no technology that shows a quest location when needing to talk to a specific person?  GTFOH with that shit.  :birdman  Wonder if that was improved any in this remaster.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2021, 01:34:26 PM »
This one of the things that is more exciting as an announcement than an actual release. Will pick it up at some point but ME1 - 3 is a big time sink
🤴

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2021, 01:52:15 PM »

Same- I want this to just go through ME3, with the better visuals, but I don't know if that's worth sixty bucks.
It's worth $20-40 come holiday season. :teehee
Hi

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2021, 06:17:02 PM »

It's worth $20-40 come holiday season. :teehee

This is where I'm at
yar

Let's Cyber

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2021, 07:29:20 PM »
ME3 is quite good and is best in the series in several aspects (combat, visuals). Definitely worth playing especially now with all the DLCs bundled.

It's a shame the game is only infamous for the botched ending when it succeeded in a lot of areas.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 07:34:43 PM by Let's Cyber »

Let's Cyber

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2021, 07:42:22 PM »
The main event for me is getting ME1 with improved combat, controls and visuals. The exploration, gear and stats were so stripped down in 2 and 3, I still feel like 1 had the highest ceiling of the trilogy and a lot of unfulfilled potential. It also ran like dogshit on the 360 so playing it at 4k/60 w/ better textures and lighting is going to be sex.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2021, 08:47:12 PM »
yeah, im really looking forward to replaying 1 at some point. i also never played 3 despite buying it (lent it to my brother initially as i didn't have time to play it, and his 360 chewed up the disc)
◕‿◕

Beezy

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2021, 09:16:11 PM »
The main event for me is getting ME1 with improved combat, controls and visuals. The exploration, gear and stats were so stripped down in 2 and 3, I still feel like 1 had the highest ceiling of the trilogy and a lot of unfulfilled potential. It also ran like dogshit on the 360 so playing it at 4k/60 w/ better textures and lighting is going to be sex.
And a better Mako.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2021, 12:14:36 AM »
Having only played Mass Effect 1 on 360, playing an updated version with a lot of new graphical shit at 120 FPS on series X is pretty dope.

I never played as default soldier Shepard, gonna do a run thru of the trilogy this way.

Some characters got great visual updates, some look fucked up. Captain Anderson looks like a mix of a turtle and a turd.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 12:19:17 AM by mormapope »
OH!

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2021, 03:50:04 AM »

More like Meh effect
What

Svejk

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2021, 07:44:28 AM »
Titles it "Quick Look"...

2 hours long

:dead

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2021, 08:07:33 AM »
Yep that's GB for you

Let's Cyber

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2021, 08:57:12 AM »
Put a couple of hours in. As far as preserving the original game while improving it within the confines of UE3, ME1 looks really good.

:idont

There are downsides. The lip-sync is the same as the 2007 game. The animations are the same as 2007. These don't hold up to modern big budget games obviously. Udina and Anderson's faces textures looks weird. The cover system is pretty archaic relative to 2 and 3 but I'm getting used to it. Other than that, I'm really enjoying it. As a former 360 console pleb, playing this on a 4k OLED at 60 fps is pretty transformative.
 :lucas

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2021, 09:39:32 AM »
Do you have to install all three games or does it allow you to pick which games to install?

EDIT: You're forced to install everything.  Because EA.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 10:29:07 AM by bork »
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2021, 11:02:31 AM »
on xbox it installs me1 and you choose to dl the others :trumps
(ice)

Let's Cyber

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2021, 11:25:25 AM »
Yeah apparently Xbox let's you do them individually.

Not sure why that can't be applied to other platforms. It forces you into the launcher anyway and boots the games from there.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2021, 12:32:32 PM »
Played a couple of hours and so far it seems theyve done a great job with it, a couple of questionable character faces aside :doge, it looks and plays somewhat like I remember it looking, whereas I'm sure the actual original looks like pure booty now.
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2021, 01:51:01 PM »
it's weird what I remember about the game, I remember most of the side stuff I'm doing on the citadel but I totally forgot about the matriarch :doge
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2021, 02:00:20 PM »
Caved and got it on PC- with a slight discount off GMG so it was $52.

Now I'm thinking I might just want to start from the original and go through the first two games again.  :thinking  But I dunno.  Might just stick with ME3 and then go back to Andromeda if I feel the need to play more.
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2021, 02:15:32 PM »
What

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2021, 02:33:29 PM »
then go back to Andromeda.

:show :wut

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2021, 03:11:38 PM »
©@©™

Let's Cyber

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2021, 03:30:43 PM »
Now I'm thinking I might just want to start from the original and go through the first two games again.
:ohyeah

The world building and atmosphere in 1 are second to none. The gameplay shows it's age but I'm having a great time with it.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2021, 03:33:06 PM »
1 is the best imo, or at least the one I have the fondest memories of
(ice)

Svejk

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2021, 03:43:18 PM »
I only have interest in this because of ME1.  Never got to finish it.  Totally loved it back then, until RROD killed any love I had for MS.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2021, 09:55:22 PM »
Well, joke's on me for buying this day one- it freezes up almost immediately on my laptop, and my desktop, it will load, but the game defaulted to HDR mode on- I didn't have this on (on the monitor) and when I went to turn it off, the game crashed and made the PC restart itself.  The controller also didn't seem to work very well.
 :lol :dizzy

Tempted to uninstall but at 120 GB I'll leave it on for a bit and hopefully this will be patched quickly enough.  See lots of people reporting these kinds of issues and crashes on both PC and consoles.  What a mess.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 10:16:52 PM by bork »
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2021, 04:56:05 AM »
It's pretty cool that they even remastered the 2008 PC gaming experience back when PC gaming was dead.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2021, 05:05:28 AM »
Sucks to hear Bork, hopefully theyll fix it soon. But yeah, EA, day one? Not for me
What

Let's Cyber

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2021, 06:49:37 PM »
My squadmates got stuck in a doorway on Feros, would teleport to my conversations but not move afterward. Had to restart.
Also the high detail textures on Wrex's Rage X armor are slow to load, just like the 360 days.

Other than that it has been smooth sailing so far.  Just have Virmire and Ilos left.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2021, 06:32:13 PM »
A big update patch is out.

Now the game seems ok with a controller.  Started the first game and it defaults to HDR on.  Wanted this off.  Then like before, it crashes my computer and it restarts everything. Only this time HDR is permanently stuck on in Windows and if I try to turn it off the PC restarts.  :lol I finally got it to work normally after multiple tries of unplugging the monitor leaving it unplugged using another monitor, etc. Then I saw on a forum that multiple monitors are the problem. So I tried it again with just one monitor plugged in and the same shit happened again. So now I'm trying to get HDR to turn off again. What a shit show.  I got this from GMG, so doubting I'll get a refund, but contacted them just to see. :doge
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2021, 10:08:38 PM »
No help from GMG.  Got it- don't ever pre-order from them.  Lesson learned.

HDR seems to be fucked on my primary display now.  It's possible the latest nVidia update broke something, but I'm blaming the game since it's way too much of a coincidence that it happened right when I tried to toggle HDR off in game.  :P  Can at least get back to normal now on the monitor if I change the refresh rate to 60hz, turn hdr off, then I can go back to 240hz. 

Game uninstalled.  Oh well, maybe in a few months it will work?
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2021, 03:12:45 AM »
Im sorry bork that sucks man

fuck gmg

greedy mans gaming
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2021, 12:25:21 PM »
Im sorry bork that sucks man

fuck gmg

greedy mans gaming

Thanks mayne.  It's disappointing.  :'(
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2021, 05:40:32 PM »

It looks pretty great, certainly on my radar. I really like what they did with the texture work.
But those PC issues sound worrying. Maybe I should just get it for the One X to enjoy big screen HDR, but that means 4k@30fps
🤴

Let's Cyber

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2021, 06:27:52 PM »
I was surprised how detailed the Garrus model looked when you first see him in Citadel tower. Having actual grass on the garden worlds and not just a green ground texture helps a lot too.  :doge

ME2 looks much closer to it's original release, it's easy to see ME1 is where a lot of the work went. The hubs worlds in 2 hold up pretty well tho, I think. Illium and Omega look great w/ HDR.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2021, 02:32:30 PM »
Played through Eden Prime on the XSX, so far:

- The game soft-locked immediately at first scene you have control of Shepard, forcing me to reset and remake my character
- The audio cut in and out for a few minutes after finding the scientists in the shed
- Kaiden disappeared during the cut scene with the Beacon so it looked like Shepard just starts running around like a crazy person and Ashley is holding air

Great game, 10/10
©@©™

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2021, 02:52:29 PM »
- Kaiden disappeared

Wow. They really went above and beyond in improving the game.
Margs

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2021, 03:40:09 PM »

It looks pretty great, certainly on my radar. I really like what they did with the texture work.
But those PC issues sound worrying. Maybe I should just get it for the One X to enjoy big screen HDR, but that means 4k@30fps

the diff between the 60fps mode and 4k mode on boner x are negligible looks wise tbh :trumps
(ice)

Svejk

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2021, 09:24:04 PM »
Mandatory gif for internet's sake..

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2021, 06:49:25 AM »
to be fair that is probably what you look like if you travel so fast.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2021, 07:03:13 PM »

It actually runs at a locked 30fps @ 4k on Xbox One X  :leon
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2021, 07:50:07 PM »
dog

Let's Cyber

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2021, 11:30:07 AM »
ME2 is still god-tier. 

:lawd

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2021, 11:35:10 AM »
Looking forward to playing it again (still got the last third/quarter of ME1 to finish up)

I was kinda disappointed with it at the time cos it felt less ambitious and lost some of the rpg elements of the first, but idk maybe being a more streamlined focused game will win me over this time.
(ice)

Let's Cyber

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2021, 01:17:56 PM »
The skill trees are stripped down to the bone but I think that is partial negated by double the number of squad members. With all the DLC included, you have access to 12 different builds. I can spec out a couple of debuffing crowd control party members for both Tech and Biotic and mix and match with a high DPS squadmate depending on the mission. I usually use a more diverse squad in 2 for that reason. 

I prefer ME1s mission structure and exploration but the smaller, bitesized hubs and loyalty missions of 2 makes for some tight pacing and interesting storytelling.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2021, 01:17:10 PM »
been fucking around with ME 2 and its night and day gameplay wise, and I can appreciate the more tighter story and missions.

But whoever came up with the scanning for resources and needing to buy probes n shit needs to rot in heck for eternity, goddamn this shit is tedious :doge
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2021, 01:22:15 PM »
losing the basic planet exploration of me1 is kind of similar to losing the overworld maps of final fantasies after 10, it feels like you've lost something big even if actually navigating them isn't the most thrilling thing of all time
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2021, 02:21:17 PM »
been fucking around with ME 2 and its night and day gameplay wise, and I can appreciate the more tighter story and missions.

But whoever came up with the scanning for resources and needing to buy probes n shit needs to rot in heck for eternity, goddamn this shit is tedious :doge

"Hey Casey, tell me, why should we give the autisty's $3 million to render planets when I can just give my UI guy in Singapore $2000 to make some buttons and return 5 bucks on every dollar" :success

"But planet exploration is in my approved ​budget"  :'(
🤴

Hamarr

« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2021, 01:02:55 AM »

Yes. Scanning is tedious.  I didn’t care for introducing that along with needing to buy fuel and probes.  Early on, I was probably using too many on smaller hits.  I only bother with huge spikes now.  The upgrade to 60 probes helps some, too.

I’m enjoying ME2 more this time around than back when it first came out.  I still prefer thr first game on whole but a lot of the individual pieces are a big improvement.  The main story isn’t as interesting, but the loyalty missions are fun.  I’m enjoying the shooting a bit more now, too.  Did they change it for this edition?  I know they improved the aiming and shooting for ME1.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2021, 02:50:00 AM »
I don't think they messed with the combat in 2. It feels more or less like I remember.

They did add more cover and increased ammo drops.

Hamarr

« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2021, 08:07:09 PM »
Is there a way to scale the UI for Mass Effect 3 on consoles?  It’s all large enough to be distracting and the whole effect is making the game look lower res than the other two.  The UI looked great on 1 and 2. 

I forgot how many forced cutscenes and what not there were in 3.  It’s definitely my least favorite in the series.  I’m going to try to force myself to play it but the UI or maybe just the fov is making me a bit nauseous.  Everything feels too zoomed in. 

Svejk

« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2021, 03:15:32 PM »
YARRRRRRRRR This be up, mateys!  Might give it a spin to see how it runs on my desktop.