Author Topic: Starbucks shortage incoming  (Read 906 times)

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Starbucks shortage incoming
« on: June 11, 2021, 08:05:40 PM »
I'm hearing whispers that a Starbucks shortage is underway and the stock of syrups and flavors is at all time lows

Do what you need to do with this knowledge.
:O

james

Re: Starbucks shortage incoming
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 08:06:22 PM »

“I was told they couldn’t give me an extra shot of caramel because there was a national shortage,” Nicole Brashear, a 24-year-old pharmacy student at the University of Louisiana at Monroe, said of ordering an iced caramel macchiato with extra caramel drizzle in late May. “I just sort of laughed and was like, ‘Isn’t caramel just burnt sugar?’”

Fred Rogers knew something was wrong right before Memorial Day weekend when he opened his Starbucks app and an alert flashed that the company was experiencing shortages of certain items. He wasn’t able to order his 3-year-old daughter her favorite sandwich — sausage, Cheddar and egg — from his nearby Starbucks in Burlington, N.J. His drink, a Caramel Ribbon Crunch Frappuccino, was also not available.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/10/business/starbucks-shortages.html#click=https://t.co/URYsd4m8Dl

:gddr5

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 08:36:52 AM »
Don't worry they are just transitionary shortages.

Inflation is at 2%
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 10:04:11 AM »
ok
dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 02:54:40 AM »
The recent gas shortage was not caused by the pipeline hijacking, it was caused by the panicked buying of everyone responding to it. Same with the toilet paper a year ago. I’m trying to figure out what a panic line at Starbucks looks like, and if it is any different a hell then the standard one of the forms between 7:30 and 8 AM every weekday.

james

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2021, 10:31:04 AM »
The recent gas shortage was not caused by the pipeline hijacking, it was caused by the panicked buying of everyone responding to it. Same with the toilet paper a year ago. I’m trying to figure out what a panic line at Starbucks looks like, and if it is any different a hell then the standard one of the forms between 7:30 and 8 AM every weekday.

Ive heard some people use their stars to order like a 20 shot, 20 syrup drink, take it home, and then use that as a base for homemade drinks for a week.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2021, 01:11:06 PM »

Ive heard some people use their stars to order like a 20 shot, 20 syrup drink, take it home, and then use that as a base for homemade drinks for a week.
Is this a Zoomer lifehack

Why not buy a bottle of syrup
what the fuck  :doge
🤴

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2021, 10:21:06 PM »

When I worked away from home, I'd get a 5-6 shot espresso, then dole it out over the course of the day to make Americanos with the office's hot water. 

But, Jesus, yeah: just buy a bottle of syrup. No advantage paying $0.50/shot for that.

james

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2021, 01:15:26 AM »

When I worked away from home, I'd get a 5-6 shot espresso, then dole it out over the course of the day to make Americanos with the office's hot water. 

But, Jesus, yeah: just buy a bottle of syrup. No advantage paying $0.50/shot for that.

By using stars the drink is free. You add as many shots as fit for the price of zero.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2021, 01:32:42 AM »
Huh! I don't think Japanese Starbucks have that system, so I was ignorant of it!

james

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2021, 05:00:29 PM »
Huh! I don't think Japanese Starbucks have that system, so I was ignorant of it!

Can you get this for free in Japan

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2021, 08:12:55 PM »
No, but enjoy diabetes.
:usacry

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2021, 04:41:13 PM »

Can you get this for free in Japan

(Image removed from quote.)

what an asshole