Author Topic: CHAOS is ...good? (FF thing)  (Read 1679 times)

Bebpo

CHAOS is ...good? (FF thing)
« on: June 16, 2021, 01:45:06 AM »
Just played the demo for this FF Souls/DMC thing and uh...it's pretty legit. The systems in place are good, the combat is very solid, the FF enemies actually sorta work (draining fire from bombs to shoot back at goblins), it's got Souls shortcuts, FF Job trees, loot gear.

Like the graphics are poop, and the art style is bad goth, but this whole FF as a souls game actually is pretty fun? I...would play this when it comes out...like, even over other games...

Bebpo

Re: CHAOS is ...good? (FF thing)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 01:57:32 AM »
The blood splatter thing is pretty dumb though. Not the crystal kills, those are fine for the kind of game and Sekiro-ish to have a break meter and some enemies it's quicker to take down their break point and instant kill than HP.

But tonally the game isn't all that dark or anything except for the stupid giant blood splatter all over the main guy every time he breaks and instant kills an enemy.

Bebpo

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 01:58:00 AM »
They probably shouldn't have even done a trailer and just done a video walkthrough of the demo...

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 03:17:41 AM »
This is in part due to my expectations, because when this game was first rumored and called "Origins", I imagined Amano designs and maybe more traditional fantasy trappings. Sooo...
the art style is bad goth
This is a massive hurdle.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2021, 03:49:31 AM »
Jack is great. I will personally hunt down every single one of you fucks if they change him, or tone down the edge  :bolo

If they polish it up nicely it will end being a pretty good kideo game.
Margs

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2021, 07:40:07 AM »
https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1404821830200795136

There's more than one person saying this is like a re-skinned Nioh 2 in the replies.
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2021, 09:20:14 AM »
they sound like little bitches who can't handle the TASTE OF DARKNESS to me :trumps
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2021, 11:48:13 AM »
ど助平

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2021, 12:27:59 PM »
People who are unironically enthusiastic about this game (or pretending to be) should be sterilized so they can't reproduce
yar

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2021, 12:50:24 PM »
That goes for any poster of the bore to be fair

Bebpo

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2021, 12:59:07 PM »
Also I like how the trailer makes the game out to be DMC character action game
But it's a souls game with slow methodical combat. and nothing like DMC/NG

Fyi the leaks 1-2 weeks ago from insiders were all based off this demo. The chaos trailer hadn't leaked. So that's why all the leaks called it FF Nioh and PS5 exclusive (since the demo is PS5 exclusive).

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2021, 02:50:19 PM »
Also I like how the trailer makes the game out to be DMC character action game
But it's a souls game with slow methodical combat. and nothing like DMC/NG

So...it's a "reskinned" Nioh 2...like it was already pointed out.
:bolo
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2021, 04:05:10 PM »
I mean yes, it's very much Nioh 2.

You're trying to make it out like that's a diss? Nioh 2 is pretty well received quality game. So a quality game with FF stuff is like going from DW/SW to Zelda musou. Same game, but it's a good game so...that's fine?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2021, 04:15:03 PM »

You're trying to make it out like that's a diss? Nioh 2 is pretty well received quality game. So a quality game with absurd cringe FF stuff is like going from DW/SW to Zelda musou. Same game, but it's a good game so...that's fine?

ftfy
yar

Bebpo

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2021, 04:44:49 PM »

You're trying to make it out like that's a diss? Nioh 2 is pretty well received quality game. So a quality game with absurd cringe FF stuff is like going from DW/SW to Zelda musou. Same game, but it's a good game so...that's fine?

ftfy

I mean if you ignore the cutscenes it’s fine.

The goblins aren’t wearing piercings and the flame bombs don’t have bondage eye patches or anything. Just looks like a run down b-souls environment with FF monsters.

Main dude is fine since you can visually change his gear and looks. Just a generic souls body to dress up.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2021, 05:08:16 PM »
So what you're saying is that it's a bland clone of a better game that doesn't have dumb cutscenes, so apparently the reason to play the inferior clone is... the dumb cutscenes? Admit y'all like the cringe.
yar

Bebpo

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2021, 05:40:31 PM »
I like job systems!

paprikastaude

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2021, 05:45:17 PM »
Everyone who hasn't, get Nioh 2 - top-tier Team Ninja game  8)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2021, 06:03:46 PM »
Other M was essentially a weird Ninja Gaiden mod of sorts. Just as Fire Emblem Warriors, Age of Calamity and Hyrule Warriors are Mosou mods.
I'm not surprised at all FF Origins is a Nioh 2 mod.

All Koei Tecmo licensed games seem to be mods based on one of their previous games.
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2021, 06:27:36 PM »

You're trying to make it out like that's a diss? Nioh 2 is pretty well received quality game. So a quality game with FF stuff is like going from DW/SW to Zelda musou. Same game, but it's a good game so...that's fine?

:huh

No, not at all.  Just "what's the best way to describe this game?  Nioh 2!"

Also get Nioh 2.  :P
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 06:36:18 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2021, 06:41:25 PM »
ど助平

BIONIC

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2021, 06:56:35 PM »
All the virgins jealous of Jack the chad  ::)
Margs

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2021, 07:16:32 PM »
He's fucking nothing compared to Chadley

paprikastaude

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2021, 09:03:11 AM »
Other M was essentially a weird Ninja Gaiden mod of sorts. Just as Fire Emblem Warriors, Age of Calamity and Hyrule Warriors are Mosou mods.

All Koei Tecmo licensed games seem to be mods based on one of their previous games.

Spoken like a true Nintendie that only ever knew 3rd party games through the scraps they got at Nintendo.  :doge Other M plays absolutely nothing like anything Ninja Gaiden.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2021, 01:05:06 PM »

Spoken like a true Nintendie that only ever knew 3rd party games through the scraps they got at Nintendo.  :doge Other M plays absolutely nothing like anything Ninja Gaiden.

I wouldn't say that it plays "absolutely nothing like anything Ninja Gaiden."  There are some similarities. I remember it kind of feeling like a very dumbed-down version of NG with waggle-type crap shoehorned in, but I haven't touched it since it first came out.
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2021, 01:47:27 PM »
I would. It's nothing like Ninja Gaiden.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2021, 05:23:52 PM »
◕‿◕

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2021, 06:53:07 PM »
BREAKING NEWS: RPG let's you collect new gear for your character.

Editor: "Could you punch this story up a little?"

BREAKING NEWS: Fuccboi twat gets new drip that so fucking badass, you'll want to suck his cock!
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2021, 11:10:28 PM »
I would. It's nothing like Ninja Gaiden.

It's similar in the way Samus moves, the dodge mechanic, and the camera angles when moving around in third-person.  Like you can tell Team Ninja worked on it, basically.
ど助平

paprikastaude

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2021, 12:00:56 PM »
There is no dogde mechanic like Other M in Ninja Gaiden. Ryu feels way heavier and different than Samus. The camera is more zoomed out in Metroid (and less jerky). Metroid still relies mostly on shooting which is completely different than the bow in Ninja Gaiden.

:what
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 12:24:28 PM by Spieler1 »

BIONIC

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2021, 12:22:48 PM »
There is no dogde mechanic like Other M in Ninja Gaiden. Ryu feels way heavier and different than Samus. The camera is more zoomed out in Metroid and (and less jerky). Metroid still relies mostly on shooting which is completely different than the bow in Ninja Gaiden.

You mean you don’t remember when Samus did an on-landing UT, fired out some ninpo, and then chopped off Ridley’s legs before finishing him off with an obliteration technique  :confused
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2021, 12:25:01 PM »
Samus was more a Ninja than a tank, although this was also true in Fusion/Zero Mission.

The way you are 'launched' when you're hit by enemies, Samus leaping through the air etc. is a lot like Ninja Gaiden.
Of course there's a lot of differences too but in a lot of ways it looks and feels like a Ninja Gaiden mod or a dumbed down version of Ninja Gaiden.

spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm part of the 5% that made it through the path of the warrior. :dice
[close]
🤴

paprikastaude

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2021, 12:25:53 PM »
There is no dogde mechanic like Other M in Ninja Gaiden. Ryu feels way heavier and different than Samus. The camera is more zoomed out in Metroid and (and less jerky). Metroid still relies mostly on shooting which is completely different than the bow in Ninja Gaiden.

You mean you don’t remember when Samus did an on-landing UT, fired out some ninpo, and then chopped off Ridley’s legs before finishing him off with an obliteration technique  :confused

And then another 40 Ridleys in the same room. Now I memba  :-[

Samus was more a Ninja than a tank, although this was also true in Fusion/Zero Mission.

The way you are 'launched' when you're hit by enemies, Samus leaping through the air etc. is a lot like Ninja Gaiden.
Of course there's a lot of differences too but in a lot of ways it looks and feels like a Ninja Gaiden mod or a dumbed down version of Ninja Gaiden.

[close]

ok both games have moving characters with a jump button.  :brain  Reminds me when Doom 2016 was ported to Switch and Nintenyearolds went "this doesn't have many cutscenes? omg it's just ilke a Nintendo game  :o".

If anything, it's Nioh where they "ported" NG animations and mechanics into a Souls format pretty blatantly, even though you can't jump.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 01:57:51 PM by Spieler1 »

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2021, 02:04:24 PM »
how is it possible that there is the a tangentially related argument about something in a final fantasy thread that doesn't involve rahx and cindi :confused
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2021, 02:26:43 PM »

[close]

Yup.  There's a reason why it got described as feeling kind of like a simplified NG/Metroid fusion at release.  Both games have evading/dodging- not sure what Spieler1 is talking about- obviously they're not exactly the same, hence "similar" and "you can tell it was made by Team Ninja."

:idont
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2021, 03:00:50 PM »
how is it possible that there is the a tangentially related argument about something in a final fantasy thread that doesn't involve rahx and cindi :confused
Cindi first has to process Shin Migami Tensei V you gamerbait
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2021, 03:11:04 PM »
So apparently people have guessed the likely crazy nojima plot of this game, and it's a spinoff of Dissidia and FF1 origin in a way.

Jack = Garland from a younger time, this FF Origins because it's an Origin story of Jack becoming Garland and some people think the game may switch perspectives at some point to you playing as the Warrior of Light to take down Jack.

Also the Dissidia connection is because Jack is a mannikin from Dissida (I don't remember what the fuck this is) and he's been tossed Isekai into the FF1 world. People say Jack's generic look npc build is because of this.
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2021, 04:14:09 PM »
Eminem becoming Garland is now canon
:ohhh

[close]
ど助平

paprikastaude

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2021, 09:47:18 AM »
I heard p good things about the new demo too? :idont

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2021, 08:46:08 PM »
That goes for any poster of the bore to be fair

Too late, we breedin'.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2021, 05:54:46 AM »
Feel like it's ni-oh ness is gonna carry it even if the plot is completely bonkers.

as soon as I realised it was nioh final fantasy my impression of the game completely changed and the trailers only reinforce it. nioh 2 is a solid gold formula for a good ass game.

Yulwei

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2021, 08:52:36 PM »
This game went from looking like pure shovelware crap to being near the top of my list for 2022 :o