Author Topic: I am playing Final Fantasy 7 for the first time ever  (Read 3430 times)

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
I am playing Final Fantasy 7 for the first time ever
« on: February 03, 2007, 02:54:31 AM »
I have never played FF7 before, but I started it up today. So far it is pretty fun, I blew up some reactor and I guess I'm going to go out to blow another one up next.

I don't like using the D-Pad to move my little guy around, I wish I could use the analog stick. I guess that is the peril of playing PS1 games on a PS2.
WDW

Himu

Re: I am playing Final Fantasy 7 for the first time ever
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 02:56:18 AM »
I really wish they gave ff7 analog support

IYKYK

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 02:56:26 AM »
I'm replaying this game. Im at kalm atm. My characters are overpowered and awesome.
萌え~

Himu

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 02:57:39 AM »
I have never played FF7 before, but I started it up today. So far it is pretty fun, I blew up some reactor and I guess I'm going to go out to blow another one up next.

I don't like using the D-Pad to move my little guy around, I wish I could use the analog stick. I guess that is the peril of playing PS1 games on a PS2.

Or rather, playing really early psx games that didn't have analog support! You can play any psx games on a ps2 with a ps2 controller. In fact, you can use psx controllers in ps2's and vice versa.
IYKYK

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 03:31:35 AM »
I started playing this game on the PC. It was alright. I stopped playing a few hours in. I have no attention span anymore. I've stopped playing Zelda a few hours in too.
AMC

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 03:31:42 AM »
im playing ROGUE GALAXY! I AM DESERT CLAW?!?!?
o_0

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 05:02:45 AM »
Okay, I'm on the quest where my dude has to wear women's clothes.

:-\
WDW

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 05:34:46 AM »
The opening area period is the worst part in the entire game. Once you get out of Midgar the game starts getting better. That's not to say it's a GOOD GAME, but it gets better.

You play IX? That game is loads better. Play that instead.
fat

Diablos

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 08:04:39 AM »
You play IX? That game is loads better. Play that instead.

WRONG

Beezy

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 12:01:55 PM »

Himu

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 12:17:37 PM »
Okay, I'm on the quest where my dude has to wear women's clothes.

:-\

how the fuck can anyone hate that quest? It's genius.
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 12:41:27 PM »

This is pure nostalgia to this kid, folks. Everyone remembers their

FIRST RPG THEY EVER PLAYED
fat

Himu

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2007, 12:53:18 PM »
Even if it's pure nostalgia, I can't stomach to play FFVII these days and I don't see what it being my first rpg has to do with anything.
IYKYK

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2007, 01:56:46 PM »

Or rather, playing really early psx games that didn't have analog support! You can play any psx games on a ps2 with a ps2 controller. In fact, you can use psx controllers in ps2's and vice versa.
What the hell is wrong with you?  Why didn't you just say that in the first post??  WTH?!?!? 

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2007, 04:38:39 PM »
Okay, I finished dressing up like a girl, now I'm on to awesome things getting blown up again. This time the company is trying to blow a pillar up to destroy a slum.  :o

I got stuck in the train section forever. I was climbing all over the tops of the trains and getting pissed off before I realized I could go in the trains to get through.  :lol These graphics may make the game more challenging than it should be.

I've never played FF9, I've only ever played FF1,2,4 and 6. And I've seen a lot of 8 being played, but it looked really weird.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 04:40:49 PM by Yeti »
WDW

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2007, 05:22:26 PM »
ff7>ff9
萌え~

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2007, 05:35:42 PM »
I remember when FFVII came out lol. We went to ToysRus and I showed my mom the graphics (aka, CGI) and was like "look how beautiful that is can I have it?" She was like "you already have a gaming thing". That "gaming thing" was the Sega Saturn... :(

I'd go to this guy's house who was like 3 years younger than me and beg to play his Playstation :lol

Himu

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2007, 05:59:38 PM »

What the hell is wrong with you?  Why didn't you just say that in the first post??  WTH?!?!? 

idk
IYKYK

Diablos

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2007, 12:53:51 AM »

This is pure nostalgia to this kid, folks. Everyone remembers their

FIRST RPG THEY EVER PLAYED

Dude, stop picking on him about that. There is nothing wrong with FFVII being your first RPG. Get over it.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2007, 03:55:54 AM »
Well, I invaded Shinra to save the flower girl which was pretty neat. Now I have to escape on a motorcycle, but after it shows me the directions on how to control the motorcycle I press start and the screen just goes black and nothing happens.  :-\ I can still hear the music playing, and occasionally there is a weird beep, but nothing else. I've tried to do it about five times, I don't think I'm going to get to play this game anymore.  :-\
WDW

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2007, 03:56:13 AM »

Dude, stop picking on him about that. There is nothing wrong with FFVII being your first RPG. Get over it.

You're right, I understand.

Not everyone is

AN OBESE FAGGIT

so they can comfort one another when attacked.

So accept who you are already, and

GET OVER IT
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2007, 03:56:46 AM »
Well, I invaded Shinra to save the flower girl which was pretty neat. Now I have to escape on a motorcycle, but after it shows me the directions on how to control the motorcycle I press start and the screen just goes black and nothing happens.  :-\ I can still hear the music playing, and occasionally there is a weird beep, but nothing else. I've tried to do it about five times, I don't think I'm going to get to play this game anymore.  :-\

hi, play FFIX dude
fat

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2007, 04:09:45 AM »
ff9 is not better. its just more traditional
萌え~

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2007, 04:16:34 AM »
by the way, who thought that climbing up a million flights of steps in a video game would be fun?  >:( that was so stupid, especially since I had to use the D-pad
WDW

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2007, 04:21:53 AM »
it was optional, you could have gone through the front.
萌え~

etiolate

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2007, 05:49:16 AM »
ff9 > 7 > 8

As far as the ps1 games go. Haven't played tactics.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2007, 10:27:01 AM »
I think I prefer the Midgar area to the rest of the game... granted it was a lot more linear, but I like that whole cyberpunk setting anyways. And after you get out of Midgar, the plot took a total standstill, it just seemed to be one long chase, with a few interesting story portions and cinemas liberally sprinkled around. FF7 is my favorite of the PSX FFs, though, 9 didn't really do it for me and 8 was a broken mess with some of the most embarassing story sequences in video game history.
^_^

Diablos

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2007, 11:27:29 AM »

You're right, I understand.

Not everyone is

AN OBESE FAGGIT

so they can comfort one another when attacked.

So accept who you are already, and

GET OVER IT

I'm not an "obese faggit", please try again

PS - Making your words bigger doesn't make your means of insult any more effective

Demi's like Drinky's mini me. He recycles his inaccurate, often nonsensible insults and spits them out in ordinary guy speak, because he's a poser.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 11:31:18 AM by Diablos »

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2007, 12:26:07 PM »
"nonsensible" isn't a word, Jotaro-lite.
duc

Strife Doombringer

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2007, 12:34:36 PM »
Hey MAF is Rouge Galaxy any good?????
nin

Himu

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2007, 01:09:15 PM »
I found a save file for ff7 that was on disc 2 the other day and I decided to give it a whirl. How the hell did I enjoy this so much? It was a save file near the beginning of the Northern crater in that ice area. I got all the way to the point where you
spoiler (click to show/hide)
wake up as Tifa in Junon and they're going to be executed.
[close]

The part where
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cloud gives Sephiroth the black materia was so fucking stupid.
[close]
I don't know what it was, but the dialogue was so terrible...

If you ask me, FFVII's plot would have been a lot better if it were more grounded in the cyberpunk fare that engulfed the Midgar chapter, because some of this other shit is so ridiculous.

Still, it was a lot more enjoyable than FFXII.
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2007, 11:10:37 PM »
One of the things that screwed up 7 was the junction system or whatever it was called.  The fact that every character could play exactly the same made every character less interesting.  A character's class or playstyle is part of their personality.  The FF7 characters were bad to begin with, but making them generic in the battle system just worsened the problem.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2007, 12:02:50 AM »
That was Final Fantasy 8

Himu

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2007, 12:42:57 AM »
It only worsened the problem if you lacked creativity.

I always like it when people make that complaint, but praise games like FFV and FFVI, where the same thing is possible.

It all boils down to your creativity, and in FFVIII you could customize stats to your liking. Don't blame the game because you need the game to think for you.
IYKYK

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2007, 02:05:44 AM »
One of the things that screwed up 7 was the junction system or whatever it was called.  The fact that every character could play exactly the same made every character less interesting.  A character's class or playstyle is part of their personality.  The FF7 characters were bad to begin with, but making them generic in the battle system just worsened the problem.

No, this is exactly why its BETTER. Customization is good! Its a break from the norm of rpgs and it WORKED. They already have "personality" from game dialouge, not to mention a battle has hardly anything to do with who the characters are. They each have a different weapon and limit break which is good enough for their character diversity. FF8 had a shitty summon system, and I don't remember ff9 much...

FF7 has one of the best battle systems.
萌え~

Himu

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2007, 11:04:46 AM »
FFVIII <3
IYKYK

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2007, 02:36:51 PM »
I bought a disc cleaner but it still freezes right before I get to the sweet motorcycle riding action. I am cry.  :'(
WDW

etiolate

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2007, 04:55:19 PM »
It only worsened the problem if you lacked creativity.

I always like it when people make that complaint, but praise games like FFV and FFVI, where the same thing is possible.

It all boils down to your creativity, and in FFVIII you could customize stats to your liking. Don't blame the game because you need the game to think for you.

It doesn't boil down to my creativity, it boils down to the fact it hurts the characters.  It's different in 6, the characters each have a unique skill.  Edgar busting out a chainsaw makes him more badass. Terra's morphing is all port of her background/character.  I think it's only neccessary in 5 because you have just one small set of characters and need them to cover various bases. I still prefer character's classes beinga reflection of who they are, and since you're not writing the script in the game or making the decisions, it shouldn't just be random'do'whatever.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2007, 07:39:05 PM »
I lent out my copy of ff 7 and never got it back.  I didn't even get the chance to play it  :'(

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2007, 08:44:24 PM »
FF8 does blank-slate characters better than 7 or 12 does. FF8 is great.