Author Topic: How do you think you will die, my dudes?  (Read 836 times)

Kurt Russell

How do you think you will die, my dudes?
« on: June 26, 2021, 06:26:57 AM »
woke

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: How do you think you will die, my dudes?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 07:06:59 AM »
If it's natural causes than the most likely cause of death is my asthma.
I will basically not be able to breathe and choke to death in my own pleghm and vomit and that's that. :trumps

If it's not natural causes i'm probably going to die in the famine that the climate maoists are now carefully engineering or stabbed to death or something.

🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 08:43:05 AM »
suicide by cop :nothot
(ice)

Propagandhim

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 08:58:50 AM »
However it will be, it will be on my own terms.  After a family member's cancer became untreatable, I watched her writhe around in agony on her deathbed for 2 weeks after they sent her home from the hospital.  Painkillers were only a small consolation.  If it ever gets to that point, I don't care about the legality issues - I'm acquiring a lethal dose of barbiturates and downing that.  The fact that we can't control our own deaths and die peacefully and painlessly with a cogent mind and dignity at a time of our choosing, is some barbaric, backwards shit.  We have the substances to do it, we just only choose to use them on pets.

Now that I've added levity to this thread...

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2021, 11:56:33 AM »
 :supergay

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2021, 12:23:44 PM »
However it will be, it will be on my own terms.  After a family member's cancer became untreatable, I watched her writhe around in agony on her deathbed for 2 weeks after they sent her home from the hospital.  Painkillers were only a small consolation.  If it ever gets to that point, I don't care about the legality issues - I'm acquiring a lethal dose of barbiturates and downing that.  The fact that we can't control our own deaths and die peacefully and painlessly with a cogent mind and dignity at a time of our choosing, is some barbaric, backwards shit.  We have the substances to do it, we just only choose to use them on pets.

Just watched the Louie Theroux doc on euthanasia... the guy took the recommended dose and I guess he was resilient or something because it still took him 7 hours to die. And of course no-one from the family could help by upping the dose because then they'd be complicit, so they just had to sit around and feel his pulse the whole day. And who knows what it felt like from the guy's point of view, I wouldn't want my last experience to be potentially physical and mental anguish from a bad trip.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2021, 12:24:16 PM »
The Yellowstone super volcano explosion in 2029
:O

Propagandhim

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2021, 12:28:30 PM »

Just watched the Louie Theroux doc on euthanasia... the guy took the recommended dose and I guess he was resilient or something because it still took him 7 hours to die. And of course no-one from the family could help by upping the dose because then they'd be complicit, so they just had to sit around and feel his pulse the whole day. And who knows what it felt like from the guy's point of view, I wouldn't want my last experience to be potentially physical and mental anguish from a bad trip.

I saw that doc, too.  I don't remember the specifics, but I know they didn't have access to the gold-standard euthanasia medication (Nembutal).  You basically fall asleep within minutes after you take it. 

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Kurt Russell

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2021, 12:55:07 PM »
I know they didn't have access to the gold-standard euthanasia medication (Nembutal).  You basically fall asleep within minutes after you take it. 

The BOP were aware that courts would challenge the use of pentobarbital as their "new drug choice" as some lawyers have said that "pentobarbital would flood prisoners’ lungs with froth and foam, inflicting pain and terror akin to a death by drowning."

You sure about that, chief?
woke

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2021, 01:31:14 PM »
Damn, shotgun in the mouth genuinely sounds like a better outcome.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2021, 02:10:54 PM »
and after I die

🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2021, 02:34:01 PM »
By snu snu.
Spud

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2021, 02:40:55 PM »
I know they didn't have access to the gold-standard euthanasia medication (Nembutal).  You basically fall asleep within minutes after you take it. 

The BOP were aware that courts would challenge the use of pentobarbital as their "new drug choice" as some lawyers have said that "pentobarbital would flood prisoners’ lungs with froth and foam, inflicting pain and terror akin to a death by drowning."

It's what vets use to euthenise and what the prison system uses to execute. Australia has a pretty big problem with vetinarians offing themselves (4x average rate). I guess they've used it so many times on animals and seen the reactions that they know it's not painful.

Propagandhim

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2021, 02:42:18 PM »

Yep, that's complete nonsense.  Dignitas have been using it for years and have overseen thousands of cases in a sane country with proper euthanasia laws (Switzerland).  Exit International has also overseen many cases.  You go unconscious much before respiratory depression - there is no experience of drowning.  There is no conscious experience of anything after minutes.    Again, we use this on our pets for a reason - it's humane end of life care.

The sentence right after the quote from your wiki article:  "BOP said that these concerns were not justified and that their two expert witness said that the use of pentobarbital was "humane".  I'll take the experts that actually deal with this stuff on a daily basis and the right to die orgs that have an interest in human welfare over the lawyers. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 02:50:41 PM by Propagandhim »

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2021, 08:06:09 PM »
Sooner rather than later.
Hi

Snoopycat_

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2021, 09:09:33 PM »
I'm gonna get drafted and be a Vietnam vet. Then I'm gonna wander highways n shit looking up my old squad guys. Then some small town, asshole cop is going to hassle me for no reason, and I'm going to beat the fuck out of all the pigs in the pig house before escaping into a forest on a motorbike. I'm going to wear a carpet n shit n jump off a mountain n land in a tree n sew my arm up for giggles. I'm going to live in a abandoned mine and the pigs will fire rockets at me but I won't give a fuck cos imma ex Nam guy. Then I'll go fuck up a town n kill a bunch of pigs n then sit on a roof n cry man tears before walking off into the future with a overcoat on my shoulders

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2021, 09:41:00 PM »
I'm gonna get drafted and be a Vietnam vet. Then I'm gonna wander highways n shit looking up my old squad guys. Then some small town, asshole cop is going to hassle me for no reason, and I'm going to beat the fuck out of all the pigs in the pig house before escaping into a forest on a motorbike. I'm going to wear a carpet n shit n jump off a mountain n land in a tree n sew my arm up for giggles. I'm going to live in a abandoned mine and the pigs will fire rockets at me but I won't give a fuck cos imma ex Nam guy. Then I'll go fuck up a town n kill a bunch of pigs n then sit on a roof n cry man tears before walking off into the future with a overcoat on my shoulders
Can I be your Colonel Trautman?
Spud

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2021, 10:14:58 PM »
be his rear admiral  :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2021, 07:38:09 AM »
I won't.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2021, 06:53:21 PM »
I’ll probably get on the freeway going the wrong way due to some misunderstanding from having lived in Japan too long. I’d rather die or something boring like old age, but it’s going to be some stupid mistake. I’ll probably fall down some stairs.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2021, 10:07:27 PM »
prob heart disease like most lard ass westerners. i drink, used to smoke a lot, dont eat particularly well, exercise enough to maintain a figure that is passable but i am not fit, work at a computer all day, sit on my couch most nights
◕‿◕