Author Topic: PES is Dead  (Read 1439 times)

Kurt Russell

PES is Dead
« on: July 21, 2021, 09:18:22 AM »
Seriously, fuck this. PES had such a superior engine and Master League has been a constant in my life for 20 years.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-07-21-pes-renamed-efootball-goes-free-to-play-digital-only

Konami has officially renamed the PES series to "eFootball", and made it free-to-play and digital-only.

The dramatic shift begins with this year's game, simply titled eFootball, which is due out on consoles, PC and mobile with cross-play.

Then, later in August, cross-play between all consoles and PC goes live, alongside a team-building mode (this game's version of myClub?), and online leagues, where you "take your original team and compete in a global, competitive league".

There's also what looks like a battle pass in there - it's called Match Pass system, and with it you earn items and players by playing the game.

Then, in the winter, Konami will add mobile controller support, full cross-play matchmaking across all platforms, including mobile when using a controller, and pro and amateur esports tournaments kick off.

It sounds like Konami will sell individual game modes, too. "In the future, certain game modes will be sold as optional DLC, giving players the freedom to build an experience that follows their interests," Konami said.

woke

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
Re: PES is Dead
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 09:27:42 AM »
Who bumped this thread from 2008?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 12:56:43 PM »
Even the graphic is sad
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 02:55:03 PM »
Why go with eFootball, instead of the superior "Winning Eleven"? even back in the day it was a better name than Pro Evolution Soccer (which alone probably triggered the Brits for use of the "S" word).

BisMarckie

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 05:26:08 PM »

I bought two PES games because people on gaf were saying they were the best ones ever(12 and 15?). Tried the latest one on gamepass:
Goalkeepers still trash, presentation still trash, unable to find any matches on xbox.

Fifa is trash, but Pes is like the trash juice at the bottom of the dumpster.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2021, 06:49:26 PM »
International Superstar Soccer 64 still the best football game
Spud

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2021, 07:13:17 PM »
PES 2017 is fun as fuck, almost as fun as PES 2003 was.
I tried also PES18, but it got super slow, like FIFA, so i dropped and just stopped playing any of them.

FIFA is just unplayable for me, but PES is fun when it's fast paced.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2021, 08:12:06 PM »

I bought two PES games because people on gaf were saying they were the best ones ever(12 and 15?). Tried the latest one on gamepass:
Goalkeepers still trash, presentation still trash, unable to find any matches on xbox.

Fifa is trash, but Pes is like the trash juice at the bottom of the dumpster.

Yeah it's trash and has been since 2008 really. Some might have been better than than others, but at the end of the day, fifa was just a better product sadly. It's a shame, cause fifa is also fucking trash, although hey, at least they didnt region lock their games forever, so we could play clubs with all our friends in that at least. The glory days of PES, peaking with 5, have been gone for a looong looong time.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2021, 10:54:17 AM »
For once, it wasn’t me.