Author Topic: How do you do, Fellow SEC Enjoyers?  (Read 806 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
How do you do, Fellow SEC Enjoyers?
« on: July 26, 2021, 01:14:42 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/jeremiepoplin/status/1419662382339592195

Woo, love the SEC. Best conference in the country, like I've always said!  Thanks, Biden! :wong
©@©™

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: How do you do, Fellow SEC Enjoyers?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 01:16:59 PM »
:usacry
(ice)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 09:49:52 PM »
 :biden
dog

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 11:28:18 PM »
I only care about the Big East so whatever
:O

Bebpo

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 01:48:36 AM »
Can someone explain this for non-sports people? I thought SEC was the securities exchange commission and this was something to do with stocks or whatnot but apparently it's sports. Which sport? Basketball? Football?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 10:13:36 AM »
SEC is the Southeastern Conference, a collections of football teams such as Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Auburn, etc that have their own universities. Oklahoma and Texas have played in the Big XII for the past few decades, but now they're attempting to move the SEC to get more sweet, sweet ESPN money.
©@©™

BisMarckie

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2021, 10:31:23 AM »
I guess this move firmly establishes that Oklahoma is part of the south

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2021, 10:34:40 AM »
just make all worthwhile college teams join sec  :doge southern california is the south  :pimp

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2021, 07:20:39 PM »
Honestly I don't see the logic, vs joining the Big Ten. I understand what they're thinking...by the time they officially join, Saban will be gone. But I see no reason to believe Bama will simply disappear once Saban retires. I could see the juggernaut easily continuing. They're gonna try to hire Dabo, you can write that down in cement. It's gonna happen. Will he leave Clemson? Dunno. But Bama is his alma mater and it makes a lot of sense. Besides Bama though...Georgia isn't going anywhere. LSU will rebound, with Ed Orgeron or someone else.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

VS...joining us in the Big Ten  :doge

Your only real competition for championships is OSU. Sure the playoffs are being expanded but surely teams are still going to be aiming for those top 4 seeds. What better way to get it than winning the Big Ten after beating an undefeated OSU in a conference championship game.

Plus the Big Ten Network is arguably the best college football TV channel. Super successful, lots of subscribers...it prints money. Will the SEC package print money with OU/Texas? Of course. But I feel like they could get a bigger slice of the pie here.