Author Topic: Gundam has waifus now (more than usual)  (Read 613 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Gundam has waifus now (more than usual)
« on: October 20, 2021, 02:47:27 PM »

Wow, I love Gundam!
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Gundam has waifus now (more than usual)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 11:10:32 PM »
Notice me, Char-senpai~
:uguu
ど助平

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 12:47:37 AM »
 I'd play a Valkyria Chronicles ripoff Gundam game with waifus tbh. Not sure about this real time button masher shit.

Have have any of the recent Gundam games been good? I still remember the trailer at one of Sony's e3 conferences (might have been at the PS3 reveal?) for the next big Gundam title which apparently turned out awful. This series seems really mishandled aka is like most IPs.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 01:20:29 AM »
The gundam 2v2 fighting games are awesome if you happen to live in japan. No idea about this one.

Moe and gundam seems weirdly inappropiate? I don't even know  :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 07:09:02 AM »
The gundam 2v2 fighting games are awesome if you happen to live in japan. No idea about this one.

Moe and gundam seems weirdly inappropiate? I don't even know  :lol

There were MS Girls in the early/mid 90s-  https://gundam.fandom.com/wiki/MS_Girl

When the moe thing came about, Gundam had it- these are the mascot characters for a card builder arcade game that was popular at the time:

https://gundam-cardbuilder.com/0079/spe.html

The art was made by the Sgt. Frog artist, who is a Gundam fan.

:expert

Plus didn't the Gundam Seed series have lots of waifu~?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 07:20:04 AM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 07:22:17 AM »

:uguu :uguu
ど助平

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 03:46:51 PM »
I'd play a Valkyria Chronicles ripoff Gundam game with waifus tbh. Not sure about this real time button masher shit.

Have have any of the recent Gundam games been good? I still remember the trailer at one of Sony's e3 conferences (might have been at the PS3 reveal?) for the next big Gundam title which apparently turned out awful. This series seems really mishandled aka is like most IPs.

FROM made a Unicorn game on the PS3 that was pretty awesome. I also liked Side Stories and Battlefield Record UC 0081 on the PS3.
野球

Beezy

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 06:18:57 PM »
Gundam Versus on PS4 was fun, but the japanese players were just too good.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2021, 09:07:59 PM »
It's too bad we are past the PS1/PS2 days of these big multimedia game projects from Japanese developers.

I think it would be very cool if they made a Gundam game that would emulate the experience of a new AU show. Maybe split it into 2 or games ala .hack. But basically have a Gundam game that is its own universe and story which would make for being a new AU series but in-game forum. Obviously have standard third-person Gundam game action, but also visual novel or RPG stuff in between. Yes I know there was MS Odyssey or whatever on the PS2 and that's neat too. But I guess I'm thinking of Gundam meets Sakura Wars. I want to go through a Gundam game and have it feel like it's own unique entry in Gundam and not just a UC side story that's whatever.