Author Topic: Studying up rn  (Read 783 times)

Propagandhim

Studying up rn
« on: October 29, 2021, 01:40:13 PM »
https://www.thefire.org/harvard-reserves-performance-of-macbeth-exclusively-for-black-identifying-audience-members/

Harvard reserves performance of ‘Macbeth’ exclusively for ‘Black-identifying audience members’.  “For our non-Black allies, we appreciate your support in making this a completely Black-identifying evening,” it reads. “We invite you to join us at another performance during the run.”

This version of the play is called “Macbeth in Stride” and is currently being performed by the American Repertory Theater at Harvard University’s Loeb Drama Center. Unfortunately, some Harvard students and members of the general public interested in seeing this classic play with a unique twist and social commentary may be out of luck. One upcoming show on Oct. 29 is billed as a “Blackout” performance, “designated . . . to be an exclusive space for Black-identifying audience members,” according to the event page.

Art can't wait.  I'm going in boys.

:dolezal

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: Studying up rn
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 02:53:36 PM »
Black-identifying

:wut
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 03:51:40 PM »
it's not for rachels, it's so people can't gang up and hate on light skinned 1/4th black friends
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 04:47:17 PM »
A woke State is an apartheid State.
Spud

Snoopycat_

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2021, 02:22:34 PM »
Nep Nep and Morrigan are going to be mad as shit when they find out about this, but for very different reasons. Farrakhan and Varg should probably switch their phones off tonight

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2021, 03:24:27 PM »

« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 03:29:58 PM by Potato »
Spud

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2021, 04:30:14 PM »
I was going to ask if black people even want to see Macbeth, but this is some kind of rock/Macbeth mashup thing and now I know nobody wants to actually see it.

Tycoon Padre

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2021, 09:40:32 PM »
I don't really think it's fair to compare this to Jim Crow. More like one of those sensory-friendly movie screenings, where you're being warned in advance that the people most keen to attend will be there screaming and shitting their pants.