Author Topic: Fuck Marvel  (Read 1360 times)

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Fuck Marvel
« on: November 05, 2021, 12:19:16 PM »
I wanted to go watch Dune in IMAX this weekend but the MOTHER FUCKERS are playing MARVEL TRASH.

NO ONE WANTS THE ETERNALS ITS A TRASH MOVIE FROM A TRASH COMPANY WITH A TRASH STORY
:O

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Fuck Marvel
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 01:05:24 PM »
You're missing out on an "esoteric and philosophical" debate according to Movie Bob.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 01:43:14 PM »
and a fairly small amount of McDonald's if you decide to eat before or after  ;)
(ice)

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 02:34:38 PM »
and a fairly small amount of McDonald's if you decide to eat before or after  ;)

And during in both their cases  :teehee
Margs

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2021, 02:41:30 PM »

And during in both their cases  :teehee
When i went to see DUNC, there were people eating full on burger+fries menus and shit.
I can understand popcorn, but do you need to have a full dinner while watching the movie? Also a small water bottle was like 5€, so i can only imagine what that would've cost.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2021, 02:58:08 PM »
I can understand popcorn, but do you need to have a full dinner while watching the movie?
There are theatres in the US that literally are like an Applebee's mashed up with an IMAX with full menus, tables and shit.

A couple menus I grabbed off a Google search:
https://amc-theatres-res.cloudinary.com/image/upload/v1620066151/amc-marketing/dine-in-menus/PhoneFriendly_AMCDine-INMenu_NoPrice.pdf
https://cdn.theatertoolkit.com/media/roadhouse/docs/RoadHouse%20Menu%20CO%20Springs%20-%20Summer%202021%20-%20PAGE%201-2%20V4%20REDUCED%20INVERTED.pdf?v=7-21-1

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2021, 03:08:39 PM »
 :whoo

I'll tell you what, switch all recliners for bathtubs then.
That way i can eat steak and mashed potatoes, while taking a bath, while streaming, while playing a game on my phone... with the movie in the background.

BIONIC

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2021, 03:16:22 PM »

That way i can eat steak and mashed potatoes, while taking a bath, while streaming, while playing a game on my phone... with the movie in the background.

Alamo Drafthouse is pretty strict about not disrupting the movie (might be some funny YouTube videos of calls from kicked out customers), and they have a decent movie dine-in experience. Haven’t been in one in years, but I liked them back in the day  :idont
Margs

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2021, 04:45:33 PM »
I don't get it myself, but if it's not distracting, whatever.
These mofos tho were fumbling around with the paper all through out, not to mention sucking up with the straw at the end of the drink.  :lol

Quaker

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2021, 08:02:53 PM »

Alamo Drafthouse is pretty strict about not disrupting the movie (might be some funny YouTube videos of calls from kicked out customers), and they have a decent movie dine-in experience. Haven’t been in one in years, but I liked them back in the day  :idont
After 50+ Drafthouse shows I can say that the smell of cheese and cheap beef wafting over and waiters patrolling the theater every three minutes is almost as distracting as someone checking their messages or chatting. The worst is that you end up having to settle the bill during the climax of the film by design. It doesn’t matter if it’s Godzilla but is pretty shitty during The Master or Manchester By the Sea.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2021, 06:02:47 AM »

some fat hipster cunt waving his tattooed trotter around trying to get the attention of the in-cinema waiter to order a bucket of molten-cheezE nachos and wings so he can rummage through and devour them inches from your ears sounds pretty disrupting tbh.

BIONIC

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2021, 06:48:23 AM »
You write your order on a small piece of paper and place it in front of you, and they come pick it up without having to wave down or talk to anyone.
Margs

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2021, 08:39:56 AM »

After 50+ Drafthouse shows I can say that the smell of cheese and cheap beef wafting over and waiters patrolling the theater every three minutes is almost as distracting as someone checking their messages or chatting. The worst is that you end up having to settle the bill during the climax of the film by design. It doesn’t matter if it’s Godzilla but is pretty shitty during The Master or Manchester By the Sea.
I think intimate movies (or probably anything other than a blockbuster) is actually worse seen at the cinema.
Even without considering audiences, cinema's screens and audio set up work worse than home theater, when it comes to regular dialog, and tbh, being in a room full of other people works against the idea of an intimate movie meant to cut deep in the first place.

I couldn't imagine watching a Bergman movie on an Imax screen and enjoy it on the same level i do at home.
Some movies you need to get (figuratively) naked to enjoy.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
But that will get you kicked out of most cinemas.  :doge
[close]

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2021, 10:05:07 AM »
However, seeing pretentious hipster movies in an empty theater is great. :rejoice
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2021, 10:48:31 AM »
But, seeing Marvel movies in an empty theater is even better

james

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2021, 11:20:43 AM »
Using a fork to remove your eyes so you can't watch Marvel garbage is best

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2021, 11:46:36 AM »
I wanted to go watch Dune in IMAX this weekend but the MOTHER FUCKERS are playing MARVEL TRASH.

NO ONE WANTS THE ETERNALS ITS A TRASH MOVIE FROM A TRASH COMPANY WITH A TRASH STORY

Dude.

Be more swift.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2021, 11:54:21 AM »
But, seeing Marvel movies in an empty theater is even better

No spoilers, I haven’t seen Eternals yet.
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2021, 12:26:07 PM »

Dude.

Be more swift.

Friends and I are still trying to see it but the good seats have been packed so we keep pushing it back.

james

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2021, 12:28:22 PM »

Dude.

Be more swift.

Friends and I are still trying to see it but the good seats have been packed so we keep pushing it back.

Yeah exactly I had looked at last week but only the shit seats were left.

Dear Imax, if your movie is popular DONT TAKE IT AWAY

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2021, 01:36:34 PM »
I went to the theater during matinee hours, pushed the button, and the minimum wage drone brought my popcorn and coke to my seat.

Remember discussing the movies on that other forum. Guy was defending multitasking during the movie, including taking notes on his phone for "inspiration." He claimed school taught him to multitask.

That kind of stupid you cannot invent.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2021, 06:52:36 PM »
To be fair to Disney, it's not like they have much else to cover their bottom line at scale.

You can forget about theme parks during le plandemic and kids aren't buying Star Wars toys of bland characters.
For the MCU a lot probably rides on Black Panther 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy 3.
If either of those two flops, that would certainly call for a leadership shake-up.
🤴