Author Topic: Alan is awake 2  (Read 507 times)

paprikastaude

Bebpo

Re: Alan is awake 2
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 09:15:47 PM »
I'm surprised the game isn't called Control/Wake 2.

The Wake DLC for Control sure made it seem like the two franchises were heading towards a full length crossover title. Kinda less excited for just an Alan Wake 2 (especially because Alan Wake 1 was kinda iffy outside the visuals/writing).

I think a game where you played as both Alan Wake and Jesse from Control with gameplay portions switching between the two and switching from horror to action segments would've been really fucking cool.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 10:56:36 PM »
The Wake DLC for Control sure made it seem like the two franchises were heading towards a full length crossover title. Kinda less excited for just an Alan Wake 2 (especially because Alan Wake 1 was kinda iffy outside the visuals/writing).
Seems to me remedy might agree with you on your second sentence judging by the "survival horror" genre name drop. I bet they are going to keep control as their "action" franchise and move alan wake into the horror vibes.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2021, 10:31:38 AM »
Kinda want to play Alan Wake Remastered now that they're actually doing a sequel. That's how they get you.
©@©™

paprikastaude

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2021, 04:05:27 PM »
Alan Wake was pretty disappointing after I finally caught up on it a few years ago. But the Control DLC was excellent. And it's good to hear that they don't to make a game like the first, but survival horror.