Author Topic: Happy new year! 2022 is on us..  (Read 1320 times)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Happy new year! 2022 is on us..
« on: December 31, 2021, 10:14:57 AM »
January 1 here in Osaka.

2021 was better than 2020 in the same way that “getting felt up unwantedly” is better than “surprise anal.”

Here’s hoping 2022 is at least gonna buy us dinner before trying for tongue.

We’re gonna get through this.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: Happy new year! 2022 is on us..
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 01:40:59 PM »
I understand that the news cycle has everyone ultra depressed and thinking every year is worse than the last etc. etc.

but when I think of my life moment-to-moment, I have gotten about the same level of enjoyment and comfort out of the last few years as the previous ones

BUT I'm an introvert, so I'm not one of those people distraught that I can't go out and enjoy nightclubs and museums and concerts

there's been plenty of great media to enjoy and about the only minor inconvenience has been specific luxury food availability and I really can't complain about that (boo hoo the restaurant closed 4 hours early)

I know this is the horrible "consoomer culture" mentality, but just speaking literally/observationally, I've felt fine and I hope others feel fine too
Uncle

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 04:15:19 PM »

SmokyDave

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 07:31:52 PM »
Happy New Year peeps.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 02:34:34 AM »
Wishing for a Happy New Year to all Boreans.  :D

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2022, 02:42:37 AM »
You fine ppl are all worthy of love and good fortune. I hope this year brings more of it to you.

* maybe drunk

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2022, 05:23:29 AM »
Happy new year to filler, Nintex, James, and Pissy  :playa

Patiently waiting for your return  :nintex
Margs

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2022, 06:21:31 AM »
Happy new year Chrono, hope we get to meet again soon!  :-*
地平線

Kurt Russell

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2022, 05:07:08 PM »
woke

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2022, 08:23:31 PM »
I understand that the news cycle has everyone ultra depressed and thinking every year is worse than the last etc. etc.

but when I think of my life moment-to-moment, I have gotten about the same level of enjoyment and comfort out of the last few years as the previous ones

BUT I'm an introvert, so I'm not one of those people distraught that I can't go out and enjoy nightclubs and museums and concerts

there's been plenty of great media to enjoy and about the only minor inconvenience has been specific luxury food availability and I really can't complain about that (boo hoo the restaurant closed 4 hours early)

I know this is the horrible "consoomer culture" mentality, but just speaking literally/observationally, I've felt fine and I hope others feel fine too

2020 was such an exhausting, horrible shitshow from start to finish, if it were a person, they'd be gone from my life. If it were a food, it would never see my table again, and I'd probably have a pavlovian nauseous reaction to hearing about it. So, yeah, 2021 was better by leaps and bounds.

I left a bad job, but it was one that allowed me to ship 2 projects in 2 years, so I'm grateful for that.

I was able to travel to the USA and take care of my mom, and then a month after I returned to Japan, the government shut the doors again and people are having trouble coming back -- so I was lucky to take the opportunity to travel when I did.

While looking after my mom, I was scouted by a studio that is very excited to have me there, and I'm grateful to be somewhere that values my experience and skills.

The SEALs apparently say, "the only easy day was yesterday." The last few years have felt like that, with one unthinkable thing after another coming true. The best we can do is be brave and face the challenges ahead of us.