Author Topic: 2022 Gaming Resolutions  (Read 918 times)

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
2022 Gaming Resolutions
« on: January 01, 2022, 11:38:21 PM »
Do you have any?

So far, the ones I thought of:
-Finally play Witcher 3
-Actually beat a Soulsborne game (HALP: What is the most beginner-friendly?)
-Rekindle with the fighting game genre (friend bought me SFV because him and I both have characters with our names in them now, and I've been eagerly anticipating KOFXV)
-Finally get the last few moons in Odyssey (I think I have the Jump Rope, the dark side of the moon final challenge, and the last snow race to go)
^_^

Bebpo

Re: 2022 Gaming Resolutions
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 12:48:20 AM »
Do you have any?

So far, the ones I thought of:
-Finally play Witcher 3

I keep telling myself I will do this every year. Maybe I'll join you.

-Actually beat a Soulsborne game (HALP: What is the most beginner-friendly?)

I forgot if you have a PS5. If you do, go with Demon Souls. If you don't, go with Dark Souls 1. I think it's silly trying to start at a later one and go backwards. The main difference between Demon Souls/Dark Souls and like Dark Souls 3 is the older games can be broken af whereas DS3 is pretty decently balanced.

Bloodborne is amazing, but unless you like Devil May Cry action, I don't think it's the best place to start. The other games give you more reaction time.

Bebpo

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 12:52:43 AM »
I don't think I have any gaming resolutions anymore. There are games I'd like to get around to playing, but I'm realistic and I've got enough backlog from just the fall to take me through the summer and then there will be enough 2022 to last the rest with maybe getting in a backlog game or two in between.

I feel like I've played everything that I really need to play in my life at this point. Everything else is just icing on the cake. Devoting more of my time to catching up on films & books because there's still a ton there I want to catch up on.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2022, 02:06:40 AM »
No point playing Witcher 3 on console until the next gen patch is out - PC, go nuts
fat

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2022, 04:56:21 AM »

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2022, 05:08:43 AM »
Things I'd like to finish up or finally start playing.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Octopath Traveler
  • Disco Elysium
  • Finish FFVII Remake
Problem is they're all longish RPGs. More than likely I'll continue to buy new stuff and ignore my backlog.

Svejk

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2022, 05:18:51 AM »
Knock out more backlog.  Never in my life would I have imagined having such a large and fat one.  :ryker

And maybe... try and ease up on getting suckered into open world games so easily.

Hock

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2022, 11:59:06 AM »
I picked up a bad habit since 2020 of starting a game, getting halfway through and then getting distracted by something else. So I have a bunch of half finished games that I haven't touched in months that I want to get through. I loved what I played of all of them (except for Nioh which I liked but took a break from out of frustration) so it should be easy to jump back in but it is a little daunting.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2022, 12:13:21 PM »
No point playing Witcher 3 on console until the next gen patch is out - PC, go nuts

Yeah, I'll be playing on PC, got a Legion gaming laptop from 2020 and it should run the game pretty well I think.
^_^

Beezy

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2022, 03:12:59 PM »
Take advantage of Gamepass more by beating non-Xbox Studios games before they're removed. I've tested out the cloud gaming thing on my phone, ipad, and chrome browser on PC. It works great on all of them with minor stutters once in a while, so I can play just about anywhere.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2022, 07:02:52 PM »
Short-term: Disco Elysium

Long-term: Trails of Cold Steel Series
©@©™

Bebpo

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2022, 08:30:05 PM »
Long-term: Trails of Cold Steel Series

There are better uses of your time. Play like ten other good 40 hour rpgs in the time that CS1-4 will take!

Short-term: Disco Elysium

Like this.

El Babua

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2022, 11:42:06 AM »
Elden Ring and Horizon for the beginning of the year.

GT7 and Halo for MP/Grinding throughout 2022

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2022, 05:56:51 PM »
I should like maybe actually play Metroid Dread beyond the second boss or whatever. :-[
Hi

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2022, 08:39:33 PM »
What’s this about?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2022, 09:41:09 AM »
Just a visual upgrade for current gen consoles. Cyberpunk in Q1, then Witcher 3 in Q2 '22.

On PC it's not necessary for either of them, though W3 would benefit more, obviously, being the older game. (It might finally live up to its gameplay trailers. :smug )
W3 runs fine on consoles too, afaik, but Cyberpunk really needs it and it will be the first truly current gen version of the game, rather than last-gen running in back-compat mode.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2022, 04:05:08 PM »
To start playing games again.  :uguu

Hamarr

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2022, 03:47:09 AM »
Play more games.  More non-open worlds games.  There’s a ton of games that I have half played and never got around to finishing. 

Try to avoid Ubisoft+. Their games are meh and but they are like crack to me sometimes.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2022, 10:09:34 AM »
Another one:
-Play Nocturne or SMTV - I've never played all the way through a mainline SMT, only the spinoffs (DDS, Soul Hackers, Persona 3-5)
^_^