Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel  (Read 1095 times)

Tasty

Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel
« on: January 16, 2022, 05:21:58 PM »

Those sons of bitches at Konami got me again. This looks like the YGO version of Magic Arena. I'm so glad the TCG is getting a polished, non-anime game (as much as I love the anime, and Duel Links).

Duel Links for casual players, Legacy of Duelist for anime players, and Master Duel for more serious players and everyone else.

I love the spectacle on display, and Konami has committed to making this part of the actual TCG/OCG competitive circuit, which gives me hope this will be supported for a long time. Cause I mean, aside from Pachinko machines YGO is pretty much all of Konami's gaming profit these days.

Should be released in the next few weeks. It's free-to-play and will be available simltuneously for *deep breath* PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X and S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Steam, iOS and Android. Cross-play, cross-save, cross-progression, and worldwide online confirmed for all platforms. Monetization similar to Duel Links, but you can disassemble unwanted cards and craft the cards you want.

Excited for this one. :heartbeat

Tasty

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 05:22:15 PM »

Tuckers Law

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 04:13:10 PM »
I’m not a fan but have learned a few things from the internet:

Yugioh players are dumb af

Pot of Greed is really good

Tasty

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 09:34:33 PM »
Both are accurate.

Tasty

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 09:45:18 PM »
I actually had a thought of trying out the real life card game again, but I'm legit dumb AF and don't know when I can/should activate things most of the time.

Videogames remove that issue entirely. The prompts for trap/etc. activation + the ability to go through cards on the field to see what I can do is incredibly useful in Duel Links and Legacy of the Duelist. Playing these games while high is a very chill experience, while I'd probably be an anxious mess at an IRL duel lol.

Borealis

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2022, 10:56:14 PM »
For singleplayer and content, is something like Legacy of the Duelist the best option? Recommendations?

Tasty

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2022, 09:55:03 PM »
For singleplayer and content, is something like Legacy of the Duelist the best option? Recommendations?

Pretty much, although honestly the PvE missions in Duel Links have better production values. :lol

Legacy was on sale recently for Switch, something like $6.49 so I picked it up about a week ago. I'm towards the end of the 5D's storyline, so there's three whole campaigns still to go. And to 100% the game, you'll need to basically play each duel twice (once normally and another as a "reverse duel" with swapped characters), so it's definitely pretty good on single-player content. And I think it's damn cheap on physical media too.

It must be noted that everything about Legacy of the Duelist is super barebones. It has 9,000+ cards and the new update to Master Rules (which un-break Fusions+Synchros+Rituals+Xyz after Link Summoning initially broke them), but the menus are out of a 2001 Flash game. They don't even list the cards in each booster, or give you a way to look up how to get an individual card. The duel arenas are static JPGs seemingly from Microsoft Movie Maker 2000. The game has soft-crashed four times on me now, and resuming after sleep introduces lag in the graphics sometimes.

Still... It was worth it for $7 to un-rust my Master Rules format skills and try out the new summoning methods from the last few years. It's doing a good job tiding me over until the real meat: Master Duel. :drool

I invested hard in Duel Links over the last four years but I feel burnt out on it for now. Definitely a super fun game though and I got my money's worth even including my gem indulgences...

When Master Duel comes out, everything else is being Thanos-snapped away as far as I'm concerned. :heart

Tasty

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2022, 10:29:26 PM »
5 soft crashes now. :lol

Tasty

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2022, 11:03:53 AM »
Surprise release! It's out!!

https://twitter.com/YuGiOhCardEU/status/1483711323972284419

https://twitter.com/YuGiOhCardEU/status/1483749770996948996

https://twitter.com/MasterDuelSite/status/1483809083463458823

This shit's blowing up! I'm downloading on Switch right now!! :hyper (Doesn't seem to be up on Google Play yet...)

Getting paid tomorrow and gonna blow more than I should on gems :lawd

Tasty

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2022, 11:09:27 AM »

:drool

Tasty

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2022, 11:28:27 AM »

Tasty

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2022, 11:30:37 PM »
Switch version runs like an absolute dog. Hoping this gets patched and any jank from always-online gets smoothed over soon. I didn't expect a well-optimized game (min req on Steam is 8 GB RAM lmaaaooooo), and I'll forgive launch window network jank, but this needs to be cleaned up in the next few months, no excuses.

It's making more sense why the mobile versions were seemingly delayed.

Tasty

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2022, 11:36:53 PM »
Got the secret pack for Archfiends ("Cost of Power" I think?) and crafting a single card from a secret pack unlocks it for you forever, so I took care of that before the 24-hour limit. Gonna try crafting from as many secret packs as possible tomorrow for that reason.

I've had a lot of fun in Duel Links using Archfiend Emperor so that's the first deck I'm trying to build. I copied a public deck and it's so useful seeing how to get each card (something Legacy of the Duelist lacks).

Crafting (something Duel Links lacks) is a revelation.

Tasty

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2022, 11:43:00 PM »
Btw just a heads up that online ranking is gonna be fucked for a while. Everyone's starting at the same online rank but there's like a mix of 50% YGO experts who've been prepping for launch, and 50% casuals who barely know what synchro summoning is. Until the experts get to the rank they deserve, they're just gonna be plowing through normies.

Tasty

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2022, 08:27:47 PM »
I went and copied a good looking Archfiend deck off the public list, crafted the cards I needed from it that I didn't already have, and spent just a *little* bit of gems to finish it. Still have to do the extra deck monsters though, but those can wait till later.

Tasty

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2022, 10:26:31 PM »
Playing on Steam is a revelation. My computer’s just OK but everything is so much smoother than Switch, especially menus.

Really hoping for some emergency patches over the next few weeks. I can’t imagine how off the rails the mobile ports went if Switch is struggling so much…

Tasty

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2022, 07:56:30 PM »

Here's my Archfiend deck. Seems to have really good synergy.

- 3x Tour Guide From the Underworld
- 3x Archfiend Heiress
- 2x Fiendish Rhino Warrior
- 2x Terrorking Archfiend
- 3x Archfiend Calvary
- 3x Archfiend Commander
- 1x Archfiend Empress
- 3x Archfiend Emperor, the First Lord of Horror
- 1x Raigeki
- 1x Monster Reborn
- 1x Foolish Burial
- 3x Allure of Darkness
- 3x Falling Down
- 3x Archfiend Palabyrinth
- 1x Mirror Force
- 1x Epidemic Eradicator Virus
- 3x Call of the Haunted
- 3x Call of the Archfiend

Extra:

- 1x Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss
- 1x The Phantom Knights of Break Sword
- 1x Evilswarm Exciton Knight
- 1x Number 41: Bagooska
- 2x Masterking Archfiend
- 1x Knightmare Cerberus
- 1x Knightmare Phoenix
- 1x Wee Witch's Apprentice
- 1x Knightmare Unicorn
- 1x Mekk-Knight Crusadia Avramax
- 1x Underworld Goddess of the Closed World

Still workshopping a lot of the extra deck stuff but Masterking Archfiend is easy to bring out with Tour Guide.

I really just love Archfiend Emperor (and have for years in Duel Links), he's so versatile and fun to bring back over and over. Archfiend Heiress, missing in Duel Links, completes the package. I usually seem to always have a good option, unless I'm up against a completely broken deck lol.

Falling Down is pretty broken. Most people are completely unsuspecting that they'd lose control of their own monster, and just have traps to negate or benefit from destruction.

I also have a Doomking/Zombie World deck I've been testing in solo mode, might fire it up online soon.

Tasty

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2022, 12:42:39 PM »

Gonna wait a day or two for an official release before I cave and grab the APK.

Tasty

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2022, 11:31:50 PM »

😩