Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town  (Read 212925 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Cleaning up the town
« Reply #3840 on: December 28, 2022, 10:18:31 PM »
Deep state war is heating up.

https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/status/1607848139104620544

:biden :tinfoil  :doge
The Adults are Back in Charge™ and paranoid about the Secret Service again. :american

benjipwns

« Reply #3841 on: December 29, 2022, 04:05:00 AM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3842 on: December 29, 2022, 06:07:01 AM »
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1608334338399305729

Bit of a weak ending to this plot line.
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #3845 on: December 29, 2022, 11:11:23 PM »
“After my firm filed suit on separation of powers grounds to block January 6 House Select Committee’s illegitimate subpoena to President Trump over his activities while president — the committee waved the white flag & withdrew subpoena,” Dhillon said in a tweet Wednesday.

“We were confident of victory,” she added, “in court, given precedent & refusal of prior presidents to testify in Congress. J6 committee wasted millions for a purely political witch-hunt, total abuse of process & power serving no legitimate legislative purpose.”
lmao, all you did was run out the clock

On the other hand, the fact that she didn't lose in court probably instantly makes her Trump's best lawyer in years.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #3847 on: December 30, 2022, 06:10:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1608890202998870017

:dead

Did he ever get to the bottom of DeSantis' big win in Florida? I'm sure Trump would like an update on that.

benjipwns

« Reply #3848 on: December 30, 2022, 09:56:44 PM »
He's not wrong about the RNC in that thing I can't quote him on, even a stopped clock and all that...

benjipwns

« Reply #3849 on: December 30, 2022, 10:37:01 PM »
More of those Adults™ at work:
twitter.com/thehill/status/1608251701890252801
I hadn't seen that he's trying to defend himself:
https://twitter.com/SenatorCardin/status/1608497233871224833

Himu

« Reply #3850 on: December 31, 2022, 07:18:30 AM »
Nasty woman.

IYKYK

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3853 on: January 01, 2023, 06:38:32 PM »

:hesright
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #3854 on: January 01, 2023, 06:48:07 PM »
Uh, Donald, if they got their wish then why would they need to continue their activism?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3855 on: January 01, 2023, 07:01:59 PM »
It's stunning how no Republican dared to speak about this issue being the reason why they lost because it was a big win in the supreme court.
Only to have Trump throw the party leadership and their most loyal voters under the bus.
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #3856 on: January 01, 2023, 08:15:54 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #3857 on: January 02, 2023, 10:19:21 PM »
A tale of two parties.

As 2023 gets underway, the GOP is experiencing ‘a big belly flop’

Top Biden adviser: White House heads into new year with ‘strong jolt of momentum’

Tbf it's depressing progressive legislation can only get passed every 10-15 years the GOPers have a big in-fight, but I guess the pendulum swings both ways there.

Tasty

« Reply #3858 on: January 02, 2023, 10:35:35 PM »
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3777139-desantis-tacks-further-right-amid-2024-speculation/

This week alone, he called on the state Supreme Court to convene a grand jury to look into “any and all wrongdoing” with respect to the development and promotion of COVID-19 vaccines — getting into a public battle with Anthony Fauci, the White House adviser on COVID-19 and a target of the right, in the process.

Weighing in this week on the newly signed Respect for Marriage Act, which enshrines into law federal protections for same-sex and interracial couples, DeSantis said there was “certainly no need” for such a measure.

He also raised concerns about what the law could mean for religious institutions opposed to same-sex marriage.

“They are using the power, I think, of the federal government in ways that will absolutely put religious institutions in difficult spots if you have people that are so inclined to be very aggressive against that,” DeSantis told Fox News’s Laura Ingraham on Tuesday.

DeSantis:

Himu

« Reply #3859 on: January 03, 2023, 04:34:41 AM »
DeSantis we can disagree with gay marriage morally but the government cannot and should not legislate what people can and cannot do. Just because you disagree with something doesn't mean you should legislate against it. We are all allowed through own liberty to personally disagree with something. Using values to force through might isn't good. Change starts and begins with us. There's zero evidence that any religious institution is forced to conduct gay marriages if they don't wish to. This isn't even a religious issue as gay couples can get married as per the state.

This really makes the case for multiple parties in the USA, so the GOP and the Dems don't use issues as wedges for generations. Neither one wants to make headway on key issues because to do so will mean they can't use those issues to get votes. But in the meantime nothing gets done because we have to keep talking about abortion and gay marriage and yadda yadda yadda. Americans suffer in the end. It's time for the GOP to move on from gay marriage, a battle we have lost, and move on to the next evolution of the Republican Party: the modern working class party.

Also it's bad politically to express that for that for your future Presidential chances. :salute That said the more the LGB tie themselves with T the more unpopular they will get.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #3860 on: January 03, 2023, 04:42:46 AM »
A tale of two parties.

Top Biden adviser: White House heads into new year with ‘strong jolt of momentum’

Tbf it's depressing progressive legislation can only get passed every 10-15 years the GOPers have a big in-fight, but I guess the pendulum swings both ways there.

As said before and it is unfortunate given how satanic Progressive policy truly is, this decade belongs to the Democratic Party. There's no way Biden is losing. He is the most effective Democratic President since LBJ or FDR in terms of getting their agenda across. But this will also make Dems cocky and bubbling on the surface is a rising counter culture. The next decade, politically, will be interesting. And frightening. Let's see how things flip in interesting ways. NY beginning to flip red is an interesting sign of things to come once Republicans are done with Trump.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3861 on: January 03, 2023, 06:43:42 AM »
But only Trump is getting those non-Republican votes that makes them competitive.

DeSantis is falling into the same trap as Ted Cruz and Trump is now warning them about. They are too extreme in their ideology.
But instead of taking this as a warning they are moving in the opposite direction of "TRUMP SUPPORTS MURDERING BABIES".

It's a very strange situation because Trump has been at odds with his anti-vaxx anti-LGBTQ+ pro-life base for a while now.
They sort of accepted it on the idea that god choose an imperfect vehicle to spread his message as Trump was more or less 'converted' or had 'seen the light' after his wild years of sin.
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3862 on: January 03, 2023, 06:53:43 AM »
A tale of two parties.

As said before and it is unfortunate given how satanic Progressive policy truly is, this decade belongs to the Democratic Party. There's no way Biden is losing. He is the most effective Democratic President since LBJ or FDR in terms of getting their agenda across. But this will also make Dems cocky and bubbling on the surface is a rising counter culture. The next decade, politically, will be interesting. And frightening. Let's see how things flip in interesting ways. NY beginning to flip red is an interesting sign of things to come once Republicans are done with Trump.

Satanic? Dafuq?
Spud

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #3864 on: January 03, 2023, 12:55:58 PM »
mcarthy is out

turmp? mtg?

pelosi again?

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #3865 on: January 03, 2023, 01:11:52 PM »
Why doesn't McCarthy simply use his second amendment rights to ensure he wins
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3866 on: January 03, 2023, 01:47:26 PM »
https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1610347005439508491

Whoever gets 218 wins so Jeffries is closer to winning than any Republican.
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #3867 on: January 03, 2023, 01:51:23 PM »
Who is jeffries? a pelosi plant?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #3868 on: January 03, 2023, 03:09:18 PM »
The house is republican with dem leader of house?

hastahg benji

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #3869 on: January 03, 2023, 03:19:50 PM »
Why is there more than one vote?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #3870 on: January 03, 2023, 03:31:07 PM »
19 vote bride in session

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #3871 on: January 03, 2023, 04:02:25 PM »
One free taco bell meal for any house rep who puts filler as a write in
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

james

« Reply #3872 on: January 03, 2023, 04:15:18 PM »
Elect me and I'll nominate Deez Nuts for the lulz

james

benjipwns

« Reply #3874 on: January 03, 2023, 04:35:17 PM »
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3777139-desantis-tacks-further-right-amid-2024-speculation/

This week alone, he called on the state Supreme Court to convene a grand jury to look into “any and all wrongdoing” with respect to the development and promotion of COVID-19 vaccines
I'm no expert on Florida so I'll assume he got that part about grand juries correct (or the reporter got it wrong) but I'm going to suggest this is outside the jurisdiction of Florida.

NY beginning to flip red is an interesting sign of things to come once Republicans are done with Trump.
You might want to slow your roll about less than a handful of seats flipping in a midterm before you're too disappointed when the state votes 65+% for Democrats in 2024.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3875 on: January 03, 2023, 04:59:20 PM »
https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1610356683477221376

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1610375672001712128

https://twitter.com/BradWal31353317/status/1610394965510873088

https://twitter.com/Cecchini_DC/status/1610386470660964361

:trumps

Apparently Kevin had told Gaetz and the others that voting against him was useless because Democrats would vote 'present' and/or support him over any rebellion and they would all be sidelined.
They bet on the fact that the Democrats wouldn't bail him out and AOC said she didn't know about any deal the Democrats had made with Kevin.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 05:16:18 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #3876 on: January 03, 2023, 05:31:48 PM »
They just voted on going on home lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3877 on: January 03, 2023, 05:37:38 PM »

Thank you President Trump :salute
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #3878 on: January 03, 2023, 05:54:54 PM »
The Gosar conversation does look weird at first like he had cornered her during a delay and is trying to explain the Attack on Titan plot or whatever but the Gaetz thing is obviously just relaying a message. You'll see the latter all the time on the floors of legislatures between "enemies" during ongoing votes. Surprised Twitter, and members of the legislature, has never seen such a thing before. (Not really, this is sarcasm btw.)

Tasty

Tasty

« Reply #3880 on: January 03, 2023, 05:59:31 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3881 on: January 03, 2023, 06:36:14 PM »
Critics that feared that the show would grow stale or would be less engaging after budget cuts and without its big stars like Fauci, Pelosi and Herschel have to admit that between the crook Santos, MTG, Boebert, Gaetz, Kevin and the rest of 'em showrunner Trump keeps us entertained with both new and old cast members in the first episode of season 23. With unexpected romance and oscar-worthy twists and turns. If this is how the season opens we can't wait to see how it plays out. Against all odds, it could actually be great again.

5/5 STARS - Editors Award
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #3882 on: January 03, 2023, 06:43:21 PM »
Pelosi's still there, Nintex. I don't know if she's indicated when, if ever, she'll retire from the House.

Tasty

« Reply #3883 on: January 03, 2023, 10:33:11 PM »
NY beginning to flip red is an interesting sign of things to come once Republicans are done with Trump.

You might want to slow your roll about less than a handful of seats flipping in a midterm before you're too disappointed when the state votes 65+% for Democrats in 2024.

The Grand Secret of the Northeast: it's secretly red except for national politics, which mostly hinges on a half-dozen cities.

CT is like 50/50 GOP/Dem in my experience. Mass is 70/30 in favor of the GOP it's just Boston is so huge. Even in Boston there's red pockets (I've looked at both 2016 and 2018 maps by district) and red mayors are a Boston staple. Lots of NE states have conservative govs and legislatures... but you're right, the end result every time, when it comes down to the Presidency, is NE states being a consistent blue wall. Not that our paltry electoral collage votes really matter anyways...

benjipwns

« Reply #3884 on: January 03, 2023, 10:47:42 PM »
As I've noted before though in response to Himu, many of those Republicans are not the Republicans he wants and are definitely not the Republicans that Republicans elsewhere want. They downplay social and cultural issues and focus on economic and governance ones. This is every Republican in the Boston-DC corridor for the last 30 years or more and half the ones before then back nearly a century. Charlie Baker is your Governor for a few more days solely because he refuses to talk about abortion and would never do anything to harm MA's reputation as the first state of gay marriage. This makes it borderline impossible for him to ever win the party's presidential nomination. Jeb! was to the "right" of his brother on these things and he got roasted out of the party. Mike Pence has never waivered on any of these issues and famously won't be around women without his wife's permission but he's getting destroyed with the party because he didn't try to illegally seize power on behalf of the man who he loyally served and saved countless times.

There are absolutely pockets of MAGA (and other) Republicans in every location (California regularly gives more votes for Republicans than any other state) but as Himu seems immune to learning, land doesn't vote, so those pockets are not going to win anything statewide and in many cases can't even muster up wins in Congressional districts. In the case of New York, we're talking about two House seat flips (out of 26) and three total state legislature seat flips, it's not like the R's reduced the D's supermajorities or took control because Horchul underperformed after taking office without an election.

Tasty

« Reply #3885 on: January 03, 2023, 10:49:41 PM »
They downplay social and cultural issues and focus on economic and governance ones. This is every Republican in the Boston-DC corridor for the last 30 years or more and half the ones before then back nearly a century.

This is what the party should be tho...

Stop trying to make Christianity the new Sharia Law ffs.

benjipwns

« Reply #3886 on: January 03, 2023, 10:51:00 PM »
I don't disagree, but their voters do!

Tasty

« Reply #3887 on: January 03, 2023, 10:52:53 PM »
I don't disagree, but their voters do!

:snoop

Tasty

« Reply #3888 on: January 03, 2023, 10:56:22 PM »
“This is an utter, unmitigated disaster,” ex-White House chief of staff and George W. Bush operative Karl Rove exclaimed to John Roberts on Fox News Channel earlier today as Republicans self-cannibalized. “Chaos tends to bring about chaos until it no longer brings about chaos. We’re a long way from the point at which chaos stops bringing around more chaos.”

And Karl Rove knows something about chaos.

“Insanity is a good word to use when we talk of this group,” ex-GOP operative Wallace replied to Sherman of her past party partners and the ever-increasing demands on McCarthy by the likes of the Freedom Caucus and others.

:insane

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3889 on: January 04, 2023, 04:32:22 AM »
Having a disagreement on who the speaker should be?
Chaos! Disaster! :karen

Invading Iraq for not existing WMD's and crashing the economy?
Great leadership :jeb

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1610466774981672961
Now that's a player hater
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 05:26:47 AM by Nintex »
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #3890 on: January 04, 2023, 05:47:06 AM »
spiderman meme .gif

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 06:37:11 AM by Nintex »
🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #3892 on: January 04, 2023, 08:32:48 AM »
Why is “wife” in scare quotes? :dead
Margs

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #3893 on: January 04, 2023, 08:39:46 AM »
Sham marriage to a chi-com agent, I wonder why? :hump
(ice)

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #3894 on: January 04, 2023, 08:58:01 AM »
Why is “wife” in scare quotes? :dead

Cause he's a homosexual and his wife is his beard.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3895 on: January 04, 2023, 09:29:06 AM »
https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1610621085271355394

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE HUGE RATINGS EVERYONE!!!!
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3896 on: January 04, 2023, 10:14:52 AM »
Is Old Broken Crow a new one? Don't think I've ever seen that one before.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3897 on: January 04, 2023, 10:44:56 AM »
Hopeless Joe Biden is new too.

and. the. hits. keep. coming.

https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status/1610651621691895810

https://twitter.com/LouDobbs/status/1610649823702618112

Now we have 4 camps
Trump (supports McCarthy but not Mitch)
Trump supporters (support Trump but not McCarthy and Mitch)
Republicans (support Trump, Mitch and McCarthy)
RINO's (support Mitch and McCarthy but not Trump)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 10:56:20 AM by Nintex »
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #3898 on: January 04, 2023, 10:56:17 AM »
You know what the worst part of all this stupid shit is?

the house will still have a dumb asshole as house leader

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #3899 on: January 04, 2023, 11:20:48 AM »
I must be over for Trump if even :dobbs is off his dick :titus

Ben Garrison isn't even drawing him buff anymore.
(ice)