Author Topic: Sonic Origins · June 23rd  (Read 1441 times)

Tasty

Potato

• Senior's Member
Re: Sonic Origins · June 23rd
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2022, 07:53:15 PM »
Never been a fan of Sonic unfortunately. I've tried on multiple games over the past 30-odd years and the stop-start nature of the game drives me crazy.
Spud

Tasty

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 08:13:34 PM »
Never been a fan of Sonic unfortunately. I've tried on multiple games over the past 30-odd years and the stop-start nature of the game drives me crazy.

Me too but I kinda got over it with Mania so I'm excited to give the original trilogy another look. Plus the aesthetics have always been undeniably euphoric -- I will never not appreciate good spritework and chiptunes.

Throw in some Christian Whitehead QoL improvements and I'm expecting to have a good time. 8)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 12:44:00 AM »
Mania was my last attempt. Same frustrations, same fundamental problems.
Spud

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2022, 03:25:41 PM »
never liked sonic since they changed her arm colour
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Tasty

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2022, 10:48:57 PM »

:hyper:

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2022, 09:34:27 AM »
I loved Sonic 2, 3 and S&K but the truth is Mania was better than its predecessors. That game was pitch perfect.

I'll grab this eventually tho.

Tasty

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2022, 05:21:47 PM »
It might have Mania's drop-dash :shh

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2022, 01:09:27 PM »
What is with all the DLC crap they're announcing for this game?  You have to actually pay for features normally included in other games?  :derp
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2022, 01:33:49 PM »
I wonder if there are any games that have had more re-releases than the Genesis Sonic games. Feels like there's a rerelease with some extras every three years.

Tasty

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2022, 01:43:07 PM »
I wonder if there are any games that have had more re-releases than the Genesis Sonic games. Feels like there's a rerelease with some extras every three years.

Sonic 1 and 2: literally a million portals

Sonic 3 and Knuckles: literally zero (they declined to greenlight the Christian Whitehead version for iOS, when his ports of 1 and 2 were seen as definitive).

The big question is MJ's music.

Bebpo

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2022, 02:29:52 PM »
Oh, interesting. I've never been a big enough Sonic fan to pay much attention. Didn't realize Sonic 3 and Knuckles weren't in the previous ports.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2022, 03:08:38 PM »
What is with all the DLC crap they're announcing for this game?  You have to actually pay for features normally included in other games?  :derp

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
:hitler

(spoiled 4 size purposes)
(ice)

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2022, 04:35:21 PM »

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
:hitler

(spoiled 4 size purposes)

Fuckin lmao, even the ultimate edition doesn’t have all the features. Yet another half assed cash in.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Oh well, there will be another version of Sonic 1 in a couple years, I can wait :win
🍆🍆

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2022, 04:59:57 PM »
The digital deluxe has everything, the chart is horrible - it comes with that "DLC"

DLC for a bunch of ROMs, lmao
fat

Svejk

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2022, 05:15:51 PM »
Sonic, and Sega in general, are so damn nostalgic, and always will be, but Sega just sucks now. With the exception of Streets of Rage 4, they're literally distinguished mentally-challenged at using their IPs, their marketing and their quarter-assed attempts at using them.  And people, stop going to the theater to support them making movies.  This will go the same way Konami went with Pachinko. 

Bebpo

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2022, 08:18:47 PM »
Nah, I'm good with Sega becoming a movie studio if it means we get a Skies of Arcadia movie.

But we'll probably just get a Jet Grind Radio movie starring Tom Holland skating around with googles.

Tasty

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2022, 09:45:06 PM »
If 4chan leaks (:lol) are anything to go by (:lol) we're getting a new JGR and also Sonic 5.

Polident Hive

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2022, 10:19:49 PM »
Set, dammit. Set.

I tried that Sonic kart racer on PS Plus. Sucks compared to All Stars Racing Transformed. That and Sonic Generations were fun. Sega had it for a minute there.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2022, 07:24:47 AM »
If 4chan leaks (:lol) are anything to go by (:lol) we're getting a new JGR and also Sonic 5.

Bloomberg reported that Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi are getting new games.

However:

The Bloomberg report states that Sega is looking at the Fortnite business model for both titles, aiming to “develop recurring revenue sources and build online communities”. Note here that Sega is on record previously as saying the “Super Game” project is a place the company may experiment with NFTs.

Bizarrely, amidst all the news, there’s also this disclaimer:

Both new games are in the early stages of creation and could still be canceled, the people said.

:derp :derp :derp :derp :derp :derp :derp :derp :derp :derp :derp :derp :derp :derp :derp :derp :derp
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2022, 10:46:34 AM »
Can't wait to buy the Crazy Taxy: Premium Fun DLC :rejoice
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2022, 12:16:47 PM »
Smartest thing Sega could ever do is offer the original soundtrack as DLC. I won't like it, but I'll buy it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2022, 11:47:54 AM »
https://www.theverge.com/2022/4/26/23043398/sega-pulls-classic-sonic-the-hedgehog-games-digital-stores-origins

Sega is going to “delist the digital versions of” Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and Sonic CD starting on May 20th, according to a press release posted to multiple sites (via The Gamer). The announcement is extremely light on details. (You could read it faster than a speedrunner could do Green Hill Zone 1), but it does mention that the games being pulled will be featured in the upcoming Sonic Origins collection.

:angryjoe
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2022, 01:51:26 PM »
This collection is a 99% sure to be a shit show then :rash
(ice)

Himu

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2022, 04:38:48 PM »
Sonic 3d Origins next.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2022, 06:41:48 PM »

Bloomberg reported that Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi are getting new games.

However:

The Bloomberg report states that Sega is looking at the Fortnite business model for both titles, aiming to “develop recurring revenue sources and build online communities”. Note here that Sega is on record previously as saying the “Super Game” project is a place the company may experiment with NFTs.

Bizarrely, amidst all the news, there’s also this disclaimer:

Both new games are in the early stages of creation and could still be canceled, the people said.

:derp :derp :derp :derp :derp :derp :derp :derp :derp :derp :derp :derp :derp :derp :derp :derp :derp

I've never gone from BOY YOWZA to :brazilcry so fast
IYKYK