Author Topic: |OT| Tech Thread of Tech for Techie Techs to Tech out with Tech  (Read 6046 times)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Re: |OT| Tech Thread of Tech for Techie Techs to Tech out with Tech
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2022, 03:08:13 PM »
I broke down and ordered a 7pro in Hazel (AKA essential emerald/gold)).

Tasty

« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2022, 03:34:40 PM »
https://www.theverge.com/2022/10/13/23402155/microsoft-office-microsoft-365-rename-branding-changes

Google desperately wants to be Microsoft, and Microsoft desperately wants to be Google.

I still catch myself calling it's "G Suite" or "Google Apps" (it's now "Workspace").

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2022, 04:38:28 PM »
Im considering a Pixel but also Google is trash what do I do
:O

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2022, 06:14:25 PM »
Im considering a Pixel but also Google is trash what do I do

buy a chinese phone
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

who is ted danson?

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Tasty

« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2022, 12:47:17 PM »
Ah yes, little Bobby Tables we call him.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2022, 02:33:23 PM »
I guess it beats intentionally misspelling your child's name by casually inserting random Xs and Ys...
Spud

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2022, 06:29:39 PM »
Got a NuPhy Halo65 keyboard recently:

It's pretty awesome to type on.  Dat thocc :lawd

Just a very pleasant typing feel and sound.  Easily the most satisfying typing experience I've ever had.  Been using Razer keyboards for my personal setup since 2016 and while the lighting on this thing isn't as bright in comparison, it still pops pretty well after I put some pudding keycaps on it.  The "halo light" around the base is pretty weak, though.  Barely noticeable, although none of this matters when using the keyboard.

Somewhat tempted to get a second one for work, but the Keychron K7 I am currently using is also really nice and I prefer low-profile keyboards for heavy typing.  Might check out NuPhy's Air60 for this later.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2022, 03:28:12 PM »
https://twitter.com/vxunderground/status/1581308661766402048

Also the IRS and most companies I've run into which I need tax documents from can't even render the ½ symbol properly so my production studio's address looks mildly mangled on every official form I need to use/send.

There's absolutely no way most software would ever support something like this for "name" field. Thinking about how you'd actually go about doing this... my god, what a nightmare that would be.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2022, 07:22:01 PM »
Seeing some rumblings that another Pixel phone, the "Pixel 7 Ultra," is coming and will be announced later.  Will have even better cameras.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2022, 07:47:55 PM »
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/report-google-doubles-down-on-pixel-hardware-cuts-google-assistant-support/

- Google hardware (Pixels) getting prioritized (causes: Apple keeps gaining share, Samsung keeps losing share, Apple+Google search deal could be trustbusted by the Fed)
- Android support for non-Samsung/Xiaomi/OnePlus partners deprioritized
- Google services and new Android features on non-Pixel hardware deprioritized
- Google Assistant deprioritized (possibly except for Pixels)
- Android for cars and Google TV deprioritized (really ??? at this one)

Good time to be on the Pixel train. Bad news if you're using anything else Android.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2022, 10:34:57 AM »
Pixel 7 Pro, kinda legit.

who is ted danson?

« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2022, 11:25:50 AM »
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/report-google-doubles-down-on-pixel-hardware-cuts-google-assistant-support/

- Google hardware (Pixels) getting prioritized (causes: Apple keeps gaining share, Samsung keeps losing share, Apple+Google search deal could be trustbusted by the Fed)
- Android support for non-Samsung/Xiaomi/OnePlus partners deprioritized
- Google services and new Android features on non-Pixel hardware deprioritized
- Google Assistant deprioritized (possibly except for Pixels)
- Android for cars and Google TV deprioritized (really ??? at this one)

Good time to be on the Pixel train. Bad news if you're using anything else Android.

wtf i love my chromecast w/ google tv.
only issue is that steam link runs like shit on it
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2022, 12:08:29 PM »
Can't they just make a phone with one camera on the front and one on the back, and drop the price a little? I don't want to have to pay an extra $50-100 just because some loser wants to take pictures of the moon.

Tasty

« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2022, 01:15:55 PM »
Can't they just make a phone with one camera on the front and one on the back, and drop the price a little? I don't want to have to pay an extra $50-100 just because some loser wants to take pictures of the moon.

Pixel "a" series is what you're asking for.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2022, 02:21:10 PM »
So i'm supposed to pay $1000aud for a phone that can't even see the moon?

Polident Hive

« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2022, 04:49:42 PM »
If I’m understanding this, Apple must go USB C with iPhone for the next one?

Battery on my 10.5 is shitty but I’m thinking of dragging it out until next year. The SIM card thing already had me wavering on an immediate upgrade.

archnemesis

« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2022, 03:50:38 AM »
If I’m understanding this, Apple must go USB C with iPhone for the next one?
Yes, at least in Europe. They could theoretically use another port in North America.

Polident Hive

« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2022, 12:10:08 PM »
Yeah. They say the newest one still has the sim tray in some regions. Something I’ll explore further next year.

Just yesterday I saw the new iPhone notch in person. I don’t get it. Older notch is less distracting to me.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2022, 01:47:51 AM »
Was all set to buy a Pixel 6a or 7 depending on which went on sale first, but then a local retailer had a special on the Moto g82 5G for $299 which piqued my interest.

Decided against buying it, but then saw that they screwed up the pricing online so instead of going from $499 to $299 ($200 off), they priced it at $200 ($299 off).

Now I have a new phone and it is cheap enough that I can replace it in a year and not feel guilty.

Specs (not bad for $200):
  • 6.6" OLED 120 Hz screen (2400 x 1800)
  • 50 MP camera system with optical image stabilisation
  • Dolby Atmos®1 and stereo speakers
  • 5000 mAh battery + TurboPower™ 30 charging
  • Snapdragon® 695 processor
  • 5G
  • 128GB storage
  • 6GB RAM
  • Headphone jack
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 01:58:13 AM by Potato »
Spud

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2022, 03:46:07 AM »
Nice

I want to comment on the quality of google apps lately. They've been putting some work in.

Something as simple as the contacts app, where they don't just throw everything together anymore. That's such a huge plus.

james

« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2022, 11:02:24 AM »
Was all set to buy a Pixel 6a or 7 depending on which went on sale first, but then a local retailer had a special on the Moto g82 5G for $299 which piqued my interest.

Decided against buying it, but then saw that they screwed up the pricing online so instead of going from $499 to $299 ($200 off), they priced it at $200 ($299 off).

Now I have a new phone and it is cheap enough that I can replace it in a year and not feel guilty.

Specs (not bad for $200):
  • 6.6" OLED 120 Hz screen (2400 x 1800)
  • 50 MP camera system with optical image stabilisation
  • Dolby Atmos®1 and stereo speakers
  • 5000 mAh battery + TurboPower™ 30 charging
  • Snapdragon® 695 processor
  • 5G
  • 128GB storage
  • 6GB RAM
  • Headphone jack

I did this last year. The Galaxy A52 5G was available for $240 so I said fuck it and got it.

Headphone jack for life baby

who is ted danson?

« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2022, 02:20:56 PM »
bought an xperia 10 iv on deep discount, waiting for it to turn up
also has a headphone jack

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

james

Tasty

« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2022, 02:41:17 PM »
You should see the Google Pay/Wallet situation they have going.

Google is quite unique as far as company clusterfucks go. At least both Meet and Duo were individually good, and the merge app actually seems to keep all the features which is a rarity. YouTube Music still catching up to Google Play Music, although I vastly prefer YTM's better UI.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2022, 03:30:09 PM »
I'm on the smartwatch bandwagon now.  Have a Pixel Watch coming tomorrow from Amazon.  If it's not great, I'm going to return it for an Amazfit GTR 4.
ど助平

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2022, 03:33:18 PM »
Google are absolutely awful with branding consistency and corporate communication. Is it Chromecast or Google TV, is it Google Home or Nest, Google Drive or Google 1...hell, is it Google or Alphabet?

Shit is confusing and unnecessary.
Spud

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2022, 03:36:07 PM »
For a second there, I thought that Google Play Music was still there alongside Youtube Music and was wondering why.  :dizzy
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2022, 10:04:43 PM »
Google are absolutely awful with branding consistency and corporate communication. Is it Chromecast or Google TV, is it Google Home or Nest, Google Drive or Google 1...hell, is it Google or Alphabet?

Shit is confusing and unnecessary.

Actually some of that makes sense.

Chromecast: hardware you buy
Google TV: app you install (and the OS for Chromecast)

Google Home: app you install and connects to every IoT device
Google Nest: first-party smart home products you buy

Google Drive: your C drive in spaaaaaace
Google One: pay us more for Drive/Gmail space and get some other nice things [ed. note: this should really be combined with YouTube Premium, Nest Aware, Google Play Pass, and maybe even Pixel Pass]

Google: Google search, Android, and YouTube [ed. note: YouTube really should have been spun off into its own company like they were first considering]
Alphabet: Owns Google, and also Waymo, venture capital and other unrelated businesses (oddly, Google Fiber is separate from Google, but still retains the Google branding)

Tasty

« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2022, 10:09:01 PM »
For a second there, I thought that Google Play Music was still there alongside Youtube Music and was wondering why.  :dizzy

They did live alongside each other. For literally half a decade. :dizzy

GPM always had a somewhat janky and ancient UI but it was definitely of the power-user era (Windows Media Player, Winamp, iTunes, etc.) and not the "simplified" streaming era (Apple Music, YTM, Spotify, etc.) It was perfect for that use case but fell behind the more time went on.

The initial version of YouTube Music was total trash and I tried to use it, but it just wasn't there.

2.0 eventually made it a real Spotify competitor in many senses. There was a period of slow feature additions but the last ~2 years has seen new fixes and updates coming really regularly, which is unlike anything that was the case with Google Play Music.

This whole thing is when I stuck behind Zune instead of iPod back in the day lol. Zune 2.0 was also a really huge upgrade...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 10:15:23 PM by Tasty »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2022, 10:53:23 PM »
Pixel Watch impressions.  I got the regular BT/Wifi connected version.  Didn't think LTE was worth the extra monthly line fees for.

-The watch itself is on the smaller side, but I don't think most people would consider it to be 'tiny'. 

-The bezels are pretty thick, but they did a really good job of hiding this with design and the way the interface works.

-The band it comes with is surprisingly comfortable.  Usually I replace the stock bands on watches/fitness trackers immediately.  Still going to try something else though. 

-Have had no issues swiping around and even typing on the watch face.  It's extremely responsive.

-The interface is very slick and snappy.  It's using a two year old processor, but you wouldn't know it.  It's very fast.  This watch also has 2GB of ram which IIRC is more than most smartwatches have.

-There are two physical buttons- the crown/dial which can scroll through things and can be clicked to go back to the main watch face or to look at your apps list from the main watch face, and a recessed button on the upper right, above the crown, that when pressed shows recent apps.  You can also hold this down to go to the Google Assistant.  I saw some complaints that this button can be hard to press, but I haven't had a problem with it.  It's recessed and once you know where it is, it's not an issue IMO.

-It's too early for me to really see how the battery life is, but when I got it yesterday afternoon, it was around 93% charged out of the box and got a lot of heavy use, downloading updates, messing with stuff, testing out phone calls, etc.  By the time I went to sleep, it was at 27%, which is not bad for how much it was pushed.  Today I put the watch on at 9am and did a few things to help lengthen battery life, including turning off the always-on display (I see no difference with this on or off and it apparently eats up the battery life), turning off some of the app notifications I don't care about, and turning off the wrist-flick function to show the display.  I think the latter especially makes a huge difference and the screen comes right on with the slightest touch, so I'm good with it- will likely turn this back on when walking around on trails/parks and that's about it.  Anyway, it's now nearly 11pm and I have 64% remaining.  I used it regularly throughout the day to purposefully see how much the battery would go down, including using the flashlight function, voice to text, etc.  So pretty impressed for now, but I have also been stuck at home all weekend since I've been on-call at work.  Waiting to see how it is when I'm outside doing stuff.  I've also seen that if can get drained a lot at night, but from comments, people are forgetting to put on sleep mode.  I don't generally wear watches to sleep but I might test it to see how the sleep tracking works.

-Haven't messed with additional apps besides the stock stuff but you can get more off the Play Store.  I'm impressed with how well this works with my Pixel phone and it's nice having Google Maps on the watch too for walking around.  I can see that coming in handy on trips especially.

-So far, my big complaint is with the step counter. It says I walked 5,300+ steps today- I don't see how when I've been inside for 98% of the day.  It seems to be counting a lot of the typing I've been doing while working as walking.  Maybe there's a way to disable this temporarily or change the sensitivity? 

Overall pretty impressed.  I was half-expecting to be returning it because of the battery life -and that still could happen- but as of now I'm pretty happy with how it's working.
ど助平

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2022, 02:16:53 AM »
Look at fucking Ben-10 over here with his dorky-ass watch lol what a nerd

Polident Hive

« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2022, 07:46:08 PM »
Are AirTags worthwhile? Thinking of getting one to place in luggage or whatever.

But in theory if somebody takes my bag, am I supposed to hunt them down. Not saying I won’t. Seems like a peace of mind thing more than a practical utility.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2022, 12:21:03 AM »
From what I can gather through anecdotal evidence, if you show police in most places your tag data, they will be appreciative and be more likely to knock on doors. But that's going to be very dependant on the people involved more than any general rule. Most coppers to like an open and shut situation though.
Spud

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2022, 03:31:57 AM »
Are AirTags worthwhile? Thinking of getting one to place in luggage or whatever.

But in theory if somebody takes my bag, am I supposed to hunt them down. Not saying I won’t. Seems like a peace of mind thing more than a practical utility.

Yes, you hunt them down.

You break them through verbal assault.

They appear to be very accurate because of apple's proliferous network. So you can get pretty quick/accurate location of things where you can intervene.

aside, I'm returning this official google case, makes the phones feel too uncomfortable, like a thick condom ( rex knows).

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2022, 04:27:33 AM »
I don't mind mine but I know exactly what you mean. I miss the fabric case I had for my Pixel 2 :fbm
itm

Tasty

« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2022, 11:06:11 PM »
Just saw I had an update to Fedora 37 in the Software Center! :D

https://www.phoronix.com/news/Fedora-37-Released

This is sooooooooooooo coincidental/serendipitous... This week I started coding again for the first time in over a year and I decided to go "stock Gnome" and give Gnome Builder a try for my main editor/IDE. It's decent but the biggest drawback was the lack of tabs.

Lo and behold, Gnome 43's edition of Builder now has tabs. Also, Gtk4 lookin' niiiiiiiice.

Also, this was a roadblock to further developing my Bore extensions... It might be time for Like Center to leave beta.

Tasty

« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2022, 05:55:23 PM »

This + Pixel Fold = damn I don't even need a laptop

Tasty

« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2022, 11:13:51 PM »
Really enjoying using Gatsby, Firebase, and Bootstrap to make my own god damned social network. :win

- Gatsby lets me use JavaScript/React to make compiled static HTML pages. I'm a huge fan of this for performance and graceful degradation reasons. The web has too much god damned JS on the front end. It's my favorite language but I much more enjoy JS-lite pages (like The Bore!)

- Firebase is a great free host and I get user accounts/authentication and a JSON store/database for "free" (talking about the time to implement myself). I also know it has great clients for mobile apps whenever I want to resurrect my earlier Android/Flutter-based stab at this idea. Still haven't found an easier way to hit the ground running on getting your app up and running as quickly as possible than Firebase and Firestore.

- This social network is using a HTML/CSS design I made but never used for anything way back in 2014. I've been impressed how it still holds up, and honestly going into this I just needed a fast starting point. After looking at actually purchasing a "professional" design, I went back to this one which is based on Bootstrap (ironically, a library spun out from Twitter a long, long time ago).

We'll see how this goes. 8)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2022, 10:21:10 AM »
Pixel Watch still working great- have had zero issues with the battery and always have more than 60% remaining at the end of the day.

I don't mind mine but I know exactly what you mean. I miss the fabric case I had for my Pixel 2 :fbm

Google's phone cases after the Pixel 4 all kinda sucked.  I currently have a very grippy case from D-Brand that works great and also makes the camera flush with the back.
ど助平

Polident Hive

« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2022, 06:24:23 PM »
Not to sound amish. I’m only now trying to get a grasp on USB C charging standards and wattage. It’s both easier in the sense of fewer chargers, but some maths to see what goes where. This Anker charger I got is 65w -15w if used with a power pass through hub, down to 45w (-15w) with other devices plugged in. So in theory it can drop below the some standards?

Some weeks back I ‘helped’ a MacBook user with a similar hub connected to the stock Apple charger. It fell under that threshold and the laptop was running off battery power, and it was supplying some charge but not enough to sustain. Switching to a 100w charger gave the overhead there. But then I’m looking at gaming laptops that support USB C charging. Most need 100w, but they run compromised at that point. The standard AC power for those is usually 230w to 300w to edge cases to that include two power bricks to follow TSA guidelines. USB C charging doesn’t seem anywhere near that yet.

In theory it’s not any different than selecting a PSU for PC components. When it’s all USB cables, it soils the concept of a hole is a hole.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2022, 02:55:09 AM »
https://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-alexa-job-layoffs-rise-and-fall-2022-11

Die bitch.
How the fuck is Business Insider trying to charge a subscription?

Site is just a shitty blog that reposts other articles with a few words changed.
Spud

Tasty

« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2022, 10:56:59 PM »

Got npm run develop working! Also updated Bootstrap from v3 to v5, had to tweak a few styles.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2022, 01:12:01 PM »
Not to sound amish. I’m only now trying to get a grasp on USB C charging standards and wattage. It’s both easier in the sense of fewer chargers, but some maths to see what goes where. This Anker charger I got is 65w -15w if used with a power pass through hub, down to 45w (-15w) with other devices plugged in. So in theory it can drop below the some standards?

Some weeks back I ‘helped’ a MacBook user with a similar hub connected to the stock Apple charger. It fell under that threshold and the laptop was running off battery power, and it was supplying some charge but not enough to sustain. Switching to a 100w charger gave the overhead there. But then I’m looking at gaming laptops that support USB C charging. Most need 100w, but they run compromised at that point. The standard AC power for those is usually 230w to 300w to edge cases to that include two power bricks to follow TSA guidelines. USB C charging doesn’t seem anywhere near that yet.

In theory it’s not any different than selecting a PSU for PC components. When it’s all USB cables, it soils the concept of a hole is a hole.

Charging rate is defined by voltage AND amperage.

This is just a random chart, but gives you a idea:

So depending on the device, they'll "pull" charges at different rates/speeds.

Tasty

« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2022, 10:29:37 PM »
Ditched Gatsby and Bootstrap for Next.js and vanilla CSS, respectively. Already back up to where I was pre-rewrite so I didn’t lose much time, but the dev ergonomics going forward should yield better or faster results. I also shaved a ton of dependencies out of the project and slimmed the client down to boot. Hoping this will be easier to maintain.

Layout for the Create page is nearly finished. Need to implement modals now so the New Sticker button can work.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2022, 07:14:39 AM »
I'm stepping down as CEO.

Jeez.

Tasty

« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2022, 09:14:56 PM »

Needed some test stickers:tophat

Got account creation and sign-ins working while the site was down. I don’t think this will ever support third-party social sign-ins (even though it's trivial in Firebase), I think email + pass is good enough and those guys have enough data.

Dunno if there's a better thread for this btw, and I don't wanna make a new one. :dunno

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #110 on: November 26, 2022, 10:35:06 PM »
Who the hell uses social sign in anyway?
Spud

Tasty

« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2022, 02:04:35 AM »

Sticker uploading is working for real. I’m really getting excited now, this is the most functionality I’ve ever made for a personal website, and I have so much more to go. Like, I’ve never dealt with image uploading or Cloud Storage until now. Pretty amped up to keep working on this.

Probably gonna have some kind of private alpha/beta in December, then hoping to launch the public beta on January 1st.

As far as arbitrary dates for launching brand-new ventures go, it’s hard to go wrong with New Year’s.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2022, 03:17:59 PM »
Getting a Pixel 7.  It will be $100 after trading in my 6 Pro.  Figured why not and will get more for the 7 trading it in towards an 8 at the end of the year.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2022, 10:31:27 PM »
Getting a Pixel 7.  It will be $100 after trading in my 6 Pro.  Figured why not and will get more for the 7 trading it in towards an 8 at the end of the year.

Nice.

The 7a is starting to leak, looks like a big upgrade to the 6a (flagship cameras + 90Hz screen). Hopefully they keep it cheap, sometimes they lose their mind on what a successful phone needs to be priced at.

Tasty

« Reply #114 on: December 22, 2022, 06:22:47 PM »

20+ million blind camera comparisons, aaaand...

Pixel 6a 👑
Pixel 7 Pro 🥈

iPhone fans mad :lol

Got my mom's Pixel 6a ready to wrap. Back to being a fully Pixel family. (I have a 6, sis has a 6a, dad has a 4a.) ^_^

Tasty

« Reply #115 on: December 22, 2022, 06:25:20 PM »
Also the Pixel 8 is going to upgrade the camera sensor again (from the Samsung GN1 in 6, 7 and 7a to the GN2).
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 06:29:30 PM by Tasty »

Beezy

« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2022, 09:06:14 PM »
Traded in my parents' Pixel 3s for Pixel 7s for free and traded in my Pixel 4a for a 7 Pro for $200. Verizon is trying to fuck me over though. They claim that they got the two Pixel 3s, but they never received the 4a, even though I shipped all three in the same package. Now they're taking away my trade-in credit and charging me the remaining $700 for the 7 Pro. My mom is great at getting whatever she wants from customer service reps, so I'll have her handle this bullshit.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #117 on: December 23, 2022, 07:22:45 AM »
I'm still waiting on the money back from Google- they received my phone two weeks ago.  Gonna give them another week and then reach out to find out what's going on.

The Pixel 7 has been awesome.  It's not like the 6 was a slouch, but this is noticeably snappier and it's really nice having face unlock back.  Battery life has been great.  Can't say I find a difference between having a 90hz screen versus the 120hz screen on the Pro 6 either.  Definitely planning to get an 8 and not a Pro model unless something big changes between the two.
ど助平

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #118 on: December 23, 2022, 10:40:54 AM »
Is the display on Pixel as good as Samsung? I've heard reviewers say that the Samsung screens are superior in terms of colour-accuracy and banding and all that, but i've never really been in the position to compare the two. I watch a lot of shit on my phone so screen quality is the thing I care about most, the Pixel having a better camera and all that is secondary.

Tasty

« Reply #119 on: December 23, 2022, 09:24:24 PM »
I feel like these days pretty much any display is spectacular... Unless it still has the jelly scroll effect. The 2010~2016 dark days are behind us.