Author Topic: Hey everyone  (Read 1800 times)

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Hey everyone
« on: August 05, 2022, 05:22:45 PM »
How’s life been treating you all
püp

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: Hey everyone
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 01:59:09 AM »
It's been weird. Working hard, feeling stuck at home, distant and removed from my team due to Remote Work. Borderline depressed but exploring why and making some real progress.

How about you?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 06:44:33 AM »
Went back to the office full time starting in February. It's great to be working with everyone again. The one person who wanted to rather WFH has left our company which was for the best.
Overall business is good, I made some decisions last year to move us out of the rut that have been risky but most worked out really well and reversing the one that didn't and owning up to it was the key to unlock our full potential.
Hard to believe I'm about to celebrate my 10th anniversary at this company. :doge

We managed to increase our profits during the COVID years and we're moving to new offices next month. We were looking to buy but settled for renting in the end.
We're moving to an office built in 1700 which is an historic building in the center of the city. I will be sitting in an office that has wood carvings and whatnot.
Instead of one open office, we will have an executive/meeting office, office space, seperate kitchen and a casual space for chillin. With COVID ending and more space we can also offer internships again, including a Syrian refugee that really impressed us with his coding skills.

My health hasn't much improved though. Been on ivermectine and anti-biotics for about 3 months and finally getting some results. Lots of health scares in general over the past few months including my dad possibly having cancer but thankfully that was a false alarm. Also had a ton of dental work done after my old dentist closed up shop and skipped town during COVID. Turns out he didn't do a very good job over the past few years.

On a personal level I just stuck with my 2 closest friends during COVID. We all feel more distanced from my brother in Canada though.
Things are just very different there, everyone is still working from home and many regulations are still in place. He made a visit in the spring for the first time in 2 years which was nice.
But we can tell that unlike before he doesn't plan to return to this country to work and live here anytime soon.

My personal goal is still to buy my own appartment, I'm renting like a 5 or 10 minute walk away from the place where I want to be and lived here for about 6 or 7 years now.
I'm making about twice the money compared to when I started renting, however with the housing shortage and inflation that goal seems further away than ever.
🤴

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2022, 07:12:30 PM »
Life is good man, how about you.

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2022, 07:54:19 PM »
 :fbm
OBE

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2022, 08:43:38 PM »
sup
©@©™

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2022, 09:18:44 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2022, 05:37:16 PM »

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2022, 02:39:09 AM »
My ac has been out for 3 days and I want to die

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2022, 03:57:20 PM »
I am unemployed and depressed and poor but I’m sure things will get better for me soon.  Good to know yall are doing ok
püp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2022, 12:07:10 AM »
weren't you blessed with good looks, great relationships, and a hot sister?

guess it wasn't in the cards
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2022, 12:32:30 AM »
I am unemployed and depressed and poor but I’m sure things will get better for me soon.  Good to know yall are doing ok

Sounds like when you get a job again (market is still pretty good, will happen, just keep at it) and are not poor as a result, that should take care of 2 of the 3 and maybe you'll be less depressed? Just hang in a bit more until you land that job you want.

Bebpo

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2022, 12:54:51 AM »
I've been having bad chronic pain health issues for about a year which are difficult to diagnose and correct. Pain changes day by day. Good days/bad days. Sometimes I can't walk much. Also been having low iron anemia for a year so more tired and weak, also having more issues staying hydrated despite drinking tons of water and electrolyte stuff all day. Pretty much have no irl friends anymore, or at least ones I see in person. Since I wfh, weeks can go by without really seeing/talking to other people outside some zoom stuff and work calls. Dated one girl for about 3 weeks four months ago, only dating I've done this year. Trying to get back to it but as usual as I get older, no one is particularly interested in matching because my age/height/looks. Fairly lonely and depressed. Tried taking care of two kittens last month but they didn't work out.

Work is having issues. Had huge dropoff in business/new clients suddenly about two months ago that seems to be continuing. We haven't had a drop this bad and this long in the 13 years I've been practicing so it's worrying. It's dropped enough that my income this year is probably gonna be 50% of what I made yearly the last few years. I only have about 3-4 hours of actual work to do even if I wanted to be working more, the work just isn't there. So end up just playing Xenoblade 3 or whatever. It's also peak summer so 90-100 degrees outside which makes going outside miserable and indoor places are covid central, so just being a loner at home.

Kind of missed the boat on everything financial which is depressing. Besides being an employer in an employee market and a recession so we're paying people way more suddenly and making way less, didn't buy a house before 2020 so seems forever impossible now after spending the last year looking and now mortgage rates are like 7%, didn't put money in savings methods to help keep up with inflation because was keeping it liquid to hopefully buy a house that didn't happen. So while I've got savings they're worth less and less as inflation rises and it's just sitting around in cash basically. Retirement seems unlikely before I die for now.

Days/weeks/months go by so fast now, just getting older and more health issues every year and harder and harder to make irl friends again, and meet someone and make it work and not be forever alone and dying alone and all that. Lightly think about suicide occasionally, but not seriously.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 01:00:02 AM by Bebpo »

therealdeal

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2022, 11:43:19 AM »
bebpo go to a coding bootcamp you’ve been having fun with that

Propagandhim

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2022, 01:03:26 PM »
Thinking about you a lot, Bebpo.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2022, 01:59:02 PM »
Hang in there Bebpo, remember it's always darkest before dawn.

What business are you in?
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2022, 03:24:03 PM »
Hang in there Bebpo, remember it's always darkest before dawn.

What business are you in?

Law. Recession is just hitting my area somewhat. People tightening wallets not wanting to deal with lawsuits right now while economy is uncertain.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2022, 03:30:02 PM »
You'll be okay in the long run, Bebsy. You're a good egg.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2022, 03:35:53 PM »
I know a couple of nice fellxs that could use your services bebpo

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:trumps :elon
spoiler (click to show/hide)
:teehee
[close]
[close]
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2022, 06:07:42 PM »
Crypto nerd, Twitch Streamer, Only Fans thot, creepy breeder or just a god fearing Republican?
You better lawyer up before those 87 000 IRS agents raid your second home to plant classified documents.

Free crackpipe enjoyer, soy farmer, fact checker, or just a MAGA fearing liberal?
You better lawyer up before the midterms to protect your right to own a wind turbine, be vegan and have abortions.

🤴