Author Topic: It's 2022 and...  (Read 3162 times)

Propagandhim

It's 2022 and...
« on: August 13, 2022, 01:43:59 PM »
I still can't push the "power" button on my computer to shut it off.  And they call this freedom?   Freedom to be a fucking dipshit and click 'shutdown' in Windows like a fucking slave to the system?

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Re: It's 2022 and...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 01:47:48 PM »
It’s 2022 and I’m still paying a 7 year lease on my Nissan Versa  :goty
Margs

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 01:51:58 PM »
You can't? I thought many manufacturers were changing this so a press (not press and hold) sent the shutdown code instead of the power off code so the OS would shut down first.

Actually, now that I think about it I thought they were changing this to instead send the sleep code.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2022, 01:52:15 PM »
press harder

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2022, 01:52:27 PM »
you cunt

Propagandhim

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2022, 01:54:28 PM »
You can't? I thought many manufacturers were changing this so a press (not press and hold) sent the shutdown code instead of the power off code so the OS would shut down first.

Actually, now that I think about it I thought they were changing this to instead send the sleep code.

Doesn't work like that on my computer, and it's pretty recent. 

Propagandhim

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2022, 01:55:06 PM »
It's 2022 and there isn't a "gaming chair" that works on AI.  Like it'll massage me during heated gamer moments or give me tips when I lose.    Like, an AI that tracks the game, "Propagandhim, remember to get the Vorpal Sword of Justice before you fight this boss.  I'm gonna start massaging your ass now to relax you for this boss."   "I'm gonna pour some Blue Razz Mountain Dewski for this next fight, you look parched."  Thanks DXRacer.  You're my only friend.

benjipwns

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2022, 01:57:11 PM »
Just get a Dell (dude™), sure they suck, but I'm pretty sure all their power buttons now do this (sleep instead of power off) and isn't that what truly matters?

Propagandhim

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2022, 01:58:17 PM »
It's 2022 and movie theaters still don't have chairs that let you order food or drink.  Each chair in the theater would have a little vacuum tunnel at your feet, like the little cannister for money at the bank.  You'd use a little panel that you can buy during the movie like at Wawa.  Nobody wants to get up during the movie.

Propagandhim

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2022, 01:59:28 PM »
Just get a Dell (dude™), sure they suck, but I'm pretty sure all their power buttons now do this (sleep instead of power off) and isn't that what truly matters?

It should be hardcoded into the hardware.  I shouldn't have to enrich the Dell corporation to get my needs met. 

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2022, 02:00:12 PM »
it's 2022 and no matter how hard i tried it's not 2008.

benjipwns

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2022, 02:00:22 PM »
I think those one theaters that have waiters let you order by their app so you don't have to stop consooming ever.

Propagandhim

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2022, 02:01:07 PM »
It's 2022 and this benji guy won't stop ruining my threads!!

benjipwns

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2022, 02:01:24 PM »
It should be hardcoded into the hardware.  I shouldn't have to enrich the Dell corporation to get my needs met. 
Yes. And ideally nobody else should be allowed to create hardware that does otherwise.

Propagandhim

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2022, 02:14:07 PM »
It's 2022 and there's no reasonable way to live on a boat.  They don't want you to live on a boat.  There's water everywhere and they make it almost impossible to live on a boat.  You can't get a mortgage for a boat.  You need boat insurance (why?  fuck you?).  Infrastructure and utility companies are racist against boat-living ppl, so gas, electricity, and plumbing is way more expensive than a house.  Waste management is too hard to deal with because convincing people to move human feces out of your house is impossible (trust me on this one).   Most people think you're a pedophile if you live on a boat, especially if you have a mustache and wear out of style clothes.  There's no supermarkets in the middle of the water so you gotta park the boat at a marina (get screwed by the marina companies), and get a car and go shopping which defeats the purpose of boat-living.  They don't want you to live on a boat.  Ask yourself:  why is there so much water and nobody is living on it?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 02:32:56 PM by Propagandhim »

BIONIC

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2022, 02:17:05 PM »
There’s this one guy I knew who loved and supported the Big Beautiful Boaters.

Too bad he’s not around anymore  :trumps
Margs

Propagandhim

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2022, 02:43:42 PM »
It's 2022 and there are no Comfort Zones.  A comfort zone is a thing I made up for every town to have.  Every town has one and the people pay the taxes for it.  It's TEMP WORK only.  You want to give back to your community?  You go to the Comfort Zone and there's a big Request Paper on the wall.  Gertrude, an 87 year old widow on Thorndike St wants to watch Who's the Boss with someone.  You sign the Request Paper and you come in and watch Who's the Boss with Gertrude at the Comfort Zone and get a lil sumpin sumpin for it.  Oh, Steven needs help with Calculus?  Let me help the youth of tomorrow.  It brings people in the community together, funded by the community.  But you have to enforce a few rules.  Paul Blevins on Mariana Court wants his feet massaged, he had a long day.  Okay you sign the paper, but you get there and Paul is wearing a ball-gag and has a massive boner.   He said he made a typo on the Request Paper and he actually just wants, what he calls "deep kisses".   Wait a second, there's no Mariana Circle in this town.  You gotta enforce a few rules.

benjipwns

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2022, 02:51:11 PM »
Paul Blevins on Mariana Court wants his feet massaged, he had a long day.  Okay you sign the paper, but you get there and Paul is wearing a ball-gag and has a massive boner.   He said he made a typo on the Request Paper and he actually just wants, what he calls "deep kisses".   Wait a second, there's no Mariana Circle in this town.  You gotta enforce a few rules.
:hmm

spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's 2022 and this benji guy won't stop ruining my threads!!
:hmm
[close]

Propagandhim

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2022, 02:52:47 PM »
 :ltg

Propagandhim

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2022, 03:03:59 PM »
It's 2022 and there are no troll dolls anymore.  Bring them little motherfuckers back.      doesnt make sense that we let them go without sayin goodbye

BONUS:  New cosplay opportunities in the new age of cosplay  ^

Propagandhim

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2022, 03:04:44 PM »
Okay, this Four Loko is empty.  Thread might be over. 

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2022, 03:05:39 PM »
It's 2022 and sexbots haven't made any noticeable technological advances  :stahp

BIONIC

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2022, 03:13:30 PM »
It's 2022 and sexbots haven't made any noticeable technological advances  :stahp

I dunno, your mom has been more responsive than usual lately  :smug
Margs

Propagandhim

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2022, 03:20:35 PM »
^^^ O SHIIIIIIET THREAD IS REVIVED

:drudge

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2022, 03:48:18 PM »

I dunno, your mom has been more responsive than usual lately  :smug

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2022, 04:15:25 PM »
It's 2022 and there's no reasonable way to live on a boat.  They don't want you to live on a boat.  There's water everywhere and they make it almost impossible to live on a boat.  You can't get a mortgage for a boat.  You need boat insurance (why?  fuck you?).  Infrastructure and utility companies are racist against boat-living ppl, so gas, electricity, and plumbing is way more expensive than a house.  Waste management is too hard to deal with because convincing people to move human feces out of your house is impossible (trust me on this one).   Most people think you're a pedophile if you live on a boat, especially if you have a mustache and wear out of style clothes.  There's no supermarkets in the middle of the water so you gotta park the boat at a marina (get screwed by the marina companies), and get a car and go shopping which defeats the purpose of boat-living.  They don't want you to live on a boat.  Ask yourself:  why is there so much water and nobody is living on it?

Wrong

https://www.traveller.com.au/couple-retire-on-cruise-ship-to-avoid-cost-of-living-on-land-h23ya1

When Angelyn Burk, a recently retired accountant, decided to crunch some numbers one evening last year, she made a stunning discovery: It would be cheaper for her and her husband to spend their retirement perpetually aboard cruise ships than to continue living on land.
Spud

Propagandhim

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2022, 04:35:06 PM »
I would fucking kill myself if I was on a cruise ship for more than a week.

The couple's been out at sea for a year now. And they say they can afford this new lifestyle for less than a hundred bucks a day.

You both deserve to be shot.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2022, 10:30:53 PM »
I would fucking kill myself if I was on a cruise ship for more than a week.

The couple's been out at sea for a year now. And they say they can afford this new lifestyle for less than a hundred bucks a day.

You both deserve to be shot.
You would be more likely to eat yourself into an early grave on one of those things.
Spud

Propagandhim

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2022, 11:08:56 PM »
 :goty2

true

Tasty

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2022, 11:11:46 PM »
It's 2022 and Roe v. Wade is dead, Obergefell v. Hodges is next, Trump is gonna win 2024 and climate change will kill us all.

Have a nice day. :)

Propagandhim

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2022, 12:31:53 AM »
 :crazy

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2022, 01:23:00 AM »
Holy shit is it actually 2022? That's wild man

BIONIC

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2022, 01:40:23 AM »
Holy shit is it actually 2022? That's wild man

:rogan
Margs

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2022, 03:06:51 AM »

yeah this is why I hate power buttons

they used to be power buttons, now you use them to turn things on but not to turn things off unless you screw around deep in settings

this is like a light switch that turns the lights on, but when you flip the switch down they just dim slightly, and instead you have to go to the circuit breaker to turn them all the way off
Uncle

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2022, 03:28:05 AM »
I can't believe some people actually turn off their computers

Kurt Russell

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2022, 05:05:41 AM »

they used to be power buttons, now you use them to turn things on but not to turn things off unless you screw around deep in settings

this is like a light switch that turns the lights on, but when you flip the switch down they just dim slightly, and instead you have to go to the circuit breaker to turn them all the way off

You think that's bad, if you hit the power button on my Pixel 6 Pro it just pops up Google assistant. To actually shut the phone down you have to hold the power button and volume up button and wait for a whole shutdown menu to appear  :huh
woke

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2022, 06:44:35 AM »
Big energy when you keep your devices on stand by :money

Windows 8(?) I believe had this bug that sleep mode actually used more power than just idling your PC.
🤴

jorma

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2022, 06:55:26 AM »
I can't believe some people actually turn off their computers

pretty sure it's just virtue signalling and also that they're lying about it

BIONIC

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2022, 12:44:07 PM »

You think that's bad, if you hit the power button on my Pixel 6 Pro it just pops up Google assistant. To actually shut the phone down you have to hold the power button and volume up button and wait for a whole shutdown menu to appear  :huh

I literally have no idea how to turn off my iPhone 12(?) except by doing it through the system settings since holding the button doesn’t do anything anymore :whatisthis
Margs

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2022, 07:29:45 PM »
ONE PRESS
I DON'T KNOW WHY
IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER HOW HARD I TRY
KEEP THAT IN MIND THEY DESIGNED THIS BUTTON
TO ENCOURAGE USE OF STANDBY
AND THAT'S ALL I KNOW
TIME IS A VALUABLE THING
WATCH IT FLY BY AS THE HOURGLASS SPINS
WATCH IT SHUT DOWN AT THE END OF THE DAY
WINDOWS UPDATE TICKS LIFE AWAY
IT'S SO UNFAIR

Polident Hive

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2022, 08:08:29 PM »

I literally have no idea how to turn off my iPhone 12(?) except by doing it through the system settings since holding the button doesn’t do anything anymore :whatisthis

Back in 2018 or whenever the iPhone without a home button launched, me and a friend were in a bar when his froze. No idea what to do. Pressing and holding the three buttons. Enlisted others there and it became like 2001 with everybody gathering around this black slab, confused. Back in my day you’d pop the battery out your Nokia.

Society had changed dramatically between the release of Avatar and Avatar 2.