Author Topic: YA BOI BOUT TO BE RICH (ONLY AMBITIOUS, WEALTHY PPL CAN COME IN THIS THREAD)  (Read 2946 times)

Propagandhim

Rise and grind.  Get that cash.   Read 7 books a day.  Funnel creatine in your asshole.  Use the creatine.   Read every tweet with #finance on your timeline.  450 pushups - one hand style like in the Batman movie.  Disavow FRIVOLOUS pussy.  Frame a picture of a Lambo or McLaren equivalent to your bedpost.  Find a virile young man in his early 20s to donate his cum to put in all your protein drinks (offer money as a failsafe).   Whenever your mom cooks potatoes you tell her "I'm not about them small potatoes anymore, bitch."  It's called MINDSET.

That has been my routine for the past 10 years, and I'm finally reaping the fruits of the hard work I've sown.

You can't get there unless you have the discipline to WORK.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
My ex was a NY resident with an iPhone 4s

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
:O

Propagandhim

My ex was a NY resident with an iPhone 4s

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

She gon be eatin good after this.  Maybe afford the Pepperidge Farm bread on her next sandwich.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
(if you can convince her not to become a member to the suit, i could really use the extra cent)
[close]

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Tim Apple fucked around and found out :money
🤴

chronovore

• relapsed dev
In all honesty, the 4S was overpowered and was the first with a Retina display, so basically you could observe the battery charge depleting in real time. I've heard it called "the world's greatest corded phone." It's feasible the slowdown was to extend active battery life, but whatevs. There's other shit Apple's done on battery life that's downright shady, so let 'em pay.

Potato

• Senior's Member
Retina display...lol. Wasn't that like less than 200ppi? Android phones at the time were pushing past 300ppi
Spud

Propagandhim

Retina display...lol. Wasn't that like less than 200ppi? Android phones at the time were pushing past 300ppi

960x640 at 326 ppi  it was impressive at the time

Potato

• Senior's Member
My Galaxy Nexus had an AMOLED 1280×720 pixel screen @ 316 ppi

The 4S screen was only impressive to people who unironically called themselves "hipsters".

Plus, you had to jack the brightness up so high on the 4S to make it look good that it killed the battery in half a day...hence the lawsuit
Spud

Propagandhim

Yeah, I'm sure in terms of raw specs it wasn't the best, but back then the app store for apple was much better than the android marketplace.  Jailbreaking was really fun on iphones back in the day, too.  I don't know how it works anymore -- I'd never buy an iphone these days.

james

Iphones are prefectly fine if you're a feeble minded imbecile

Propagandhim

:gladbron

Potato

• Senior's Member

:whoo
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Man, I miss phone wars. Console wars too
[close]
Spud

Tasty

#teampixel
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2022, 10:11:54 PM »
My new Google™ Pixel 6® just got here today. :)

james

Pixel phones are perfectly fine if you're a feeble minded imbecile

Tasty

Pixel phones are perfectly fine if you're a feeble minded imbecile

:trumps

I like flowers and Pixel phones and I'm happy.

Tasty

The 4S screen was only impressive to people who unironically called themselves "hipsters".

Plus, you had to jack the brightness up so high on the 4S to make it look good that it killed the battery in half a day...hence the lawsuit

Which Galaxy Nexus? The cool GSM version with day-one updates and good battery life? Or (the version I had) the Verizon Galaxy Nexus 4G, which destroyed my faith in carrier subsidization and full-on converted me to buying unlocked phones for the rest of my life?

Anyways

Galaxy Nexus 4G -> Nexus 5 ->Nexus 5X -> Pixel -> Pixel 2 XL -> Pixel 3 -> Pixel 3a -> Pixel 6

Potato

• Senior's Member

Which Galaxy Nexus? The cool GSM version with day-one updates and good battery life? Or (the version I had) the Verizon Galaxy Nexus 4G, which destroyed my faith in carrier subsidization and full-on converted me to buying unlocked phones for the rest of my life?

Anyways

Galaxy Nexus 4G -> Nexus 5 ->Nexus 5X -> Pixel -> Pixel 2 XL -> Pixel 3 -> Pixel 3a -> Pixel 6
Yes. Mine was locked to a carrier and they delayed updates. Haven't gone on a plan or had a phone with a heavy skin since.

Galaxy S > Galaxy Nexus > Nexus 5 > Moto Z Play > Nokia 8.1

The Nexus 5 and Moto Z Play killed any interest I had in flagship phones. #midrangephones4lyfe
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 04:27:22 AM by Potato »
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Flagship phones are useless these days.
When my S10 broke down, I got a S21 FE for like 500 Eurodollars.
A friend of mine got the A53 for 300. Which was also fine.

The flagships phones are 1200 - 1400 and break down within 2 - 3 years too (or rather their batteries or charging ports do)
The only thing I miss is the heart rate sensor.

They spend all this time designing new cases and on day 1 you put it in a leather flip case.
🤴

jorma

hey, don't exaggurate breh

i've had my s10 for nearly 3 years and it's only starting to break apart completely just now. 3 years! That shit is built like a medieval fortress

Tasty

Anyways

Yes. Mine was locked to a carrier and they delayed updates. Haven't gone on a plan or had a phone with a heavy skin since.

Galaxy S > Galaxy Nexus > Nexus 5 > Moto Z Play > Nokia 8.1

The Nexus 5 and Moto Z Play killed any interest I had in flagship phones. #midrangephones4lyfe

The 5 was Google's first stab at the midrange if I remember right. I think it was like $350 unlocked. The 5 was also the first time they tried bragging about their camera stuff, even though it really wasn't much to write home about at the time.

I always wanted one of the first few generations of Moto X's. If there were ever a phone to sway me from Nexus/Pixel, that would have been it.

Potato

• Senior's Member
Yep, Nexus 5 was priced right and got the mid-range specs perfectly.

Moto Z series was brilliant, but they killed it by losing sight of who and what it was for.
Spud

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
How are you supposed to provide evidence of degraded performance for a phone you no longer have access to? Gotta get up pretty early in the morning to pull one over on Tim Apple. :rollsafe

And the dumb lawyers just accepted this settlement. :lol

Propagandhim

How are you supposed to provide evidence of degraded performance for a phone you no longer have access to? Gotta get up pretty early in the morning to pull one over on Tim Apple. :rollsafe

And the dumb lawyers just accepted this settlement. :lol

iOS 9 basically bricked the phone.  I remember it being somewhat talked about on the internet and firing up my old 4S to check, and yeah, I would open the keyboard, type a letter into Safari, and it'd show on screen, no exaggeration, like 4 seconds after I typed it.  It wouldn't have been hard to demonstrate it in court.  Granted the phone was 4 years old by that point, and it wouldn't be such a huge deal if Apple didn't force you to update the phone to get security updates AND make it impossible to go back versions without jailbreaking and doing all this shit like extracting the SHSH blob.  To this day, I have no fucking idea why Apple doesn't let users go back and use older versions of the os. 
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 06:16:02 PM by Propagandhim »