Author Topic: STAR FIELD: OMELETTE DU FROMAGE  (Read 3134 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: STAR FIELD: OMELETTE DU FROMAGE
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2023, 11:06:28 AM »
What

Svejk

« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2023, 06:32:22 PM »
Finally got my DS4 to work properly without the d-pad skipping menu selections.   :rejoice  Just had to edit/re-initiate the d-pad selections to up, down, L&R via DS4Windows edit and it works!  It was a shot in the dark, but it fixed it!  DS4 lives on as the Grandmaster controller of My PS4, Switch and PC.  :pimp  It had options to revise the deadzone for the DS5, but fixing the d-pad for the DS4 just came out easier to accomplish.

Holy shit I need to finish FFXVI so I can go full time into this.  :noah

No spoilers, FYI

It's funny how back then when Skyrim launched, people trashed the PS3 version as being the ultra inferior version.  Well, that's what I played initially and sunk 200 hours in and only came across one major glitch (a headless forsworn camp).  It was still one of the greatest gaming experiences of memory; jankalicious and all.  :aah

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2023, 07:01:23 PM »
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2023, 07:23:08 PM »
People calling it Starefield.  :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2023, 07:33:54 AM »
People calling it Starefield.  :lol

Reminds me of the game store days when people would ask for "that Residential Evil" and the one guy who would always say "Capcom versus Sink."
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2023, 09:31:49 AM »
Got married to Sarah. Did the main quest up until you buy the artifact on Neon, then I did a bunch of Neon side quests and started working through the Freestar Rangers questline. It feels really similar to the UC Vanguard storyline so far in that

spoiler (click to show/hide)
You’re dealing with remnants of the Colony War that feel betrayed and scapegoated after the signing of the armistice, and there’s some shadowy puppet master pulling the strings. I just finished the quest to track down Maya, and it had some pretty sweet locations, the orbital clinic and the crystal asteroid mine. Now I’m at Red Mile going after Marcus. Hopefully the story throws some decent curveballs.
[close]
©@©™

Svejk

« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2023, 10:10:24 AM »
I automatically assumed that this would have a "performance mode", so to speak, for Series X to run around 60fps, but apparently not.   :wtf

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2023, 10:53:54 AM »
Nope, it's only 30.
©@©™

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2023, 02:29:20 PM »
I automatically assumed that this would have a "performance mode", so to speak, for Series X to run around 60fps, but apparently not.   :wtf

In this interview 30fps was already confirmed so yea

The game is cpu intensive
What

Svejk

« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2023, 10:20:29 AM »
I'm a bit shocked by how much publicity this game is getting.  Good or bad, this looks to be WAY more talked about than TOTK did, or any other game this year for that matter. 

And LOL and Todd's interview calling out gamers to upgrade their CPU's, because the game is optimized. 
It's not us, it's you.    :snob

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2023, 10:45:27 AM »
I'm a bit shocked by how much publicity this game is getting.  Good or bad, this looks to be WAY more talked about than TOTK did, or any other game this year for that matter. 

I see more stuff for Baldur's Gate 3 than this.  Probably has to do with your newsfeedz.
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2023, 10:48:33 AM »
Baldur's Gate 3 is just Hunie Pop for normies, they'll all play Starfield when they're done jerking off.
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2023, 10:54:09 AM »
Baldur's Gate 3 is just Hunie Pop for normies, they'll all play Starfield when they're done jerking off.

:dsp
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2023, 05:54:21 PM »
What

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2023, 09:30:02 AM »
Finished the Freestar Rangers faction quests and almost done with Ryujin yesterday. Gonna join the Crimson Fleet now, then I guess I’ll start running down the main quest. I still think UC Vanguard was the best so far.
©@©™

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2023, 10:33:36 AM »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2023, 03:45:03 PM »
My god

What

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2023, 03:59:55 PM »
Pretty much done with the vanguard quest bar the last little bit, and its really good and I'm guessing the highlight of the game

Vae Victis did nothing wrong :phil
[close]
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2023, 04:18:26 PM »
It says 52 hours played on my Steam and I haven't done any factions yet, nor am I really that far into the main story haha.

I've done a bunch of side missions and activities though. The Davis sidequest on Akila City was cool, I liked that guy. Did anyone else here play that mission? Where you go out to look for the Ashtas?

Also it's so cool that the ingame radio station reports on your quest completions. Love that kind of stuff.
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2023, 06:11:39 PM »
The main story apparently ramps up alot but where im at (just rescued the space slav girl) is pretty bleh so far and probably the least engaging content I've done
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2023, 06:29:34 PM »
Oh yeah thats where I stopped for now as well, I got the next mission which is Stroud, which is cool because its QUARK from DS9 <3

Right now Im just questing around with Andreja, she's cool a lot better than Sarah

Although none of them like violence, which sucks ass, they need a hk-47 variant so bad
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2023, 02:01:35 PM »

lol
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2023, 02:31:49 PM »
I have the introvert perk, haven't seen much use for it so far.  :doge
🤴

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2023, 09:11:26 AM »
Crimson Fleet is pretty dope, might betray UC SysDef later.
©@©™

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2023, 07:43:40 PM »
After a good intro few hours Starfield has settled into the boring ass Bethesda play pattern. Enter building, load screen, talk to one boring guy, leave building, load screen, go to vendor, load screen. Sell all my crap. Go to next waypoint. 5 more load screens talk to another loser, he sends you across the galaxy, 5 more load screens. Small firefight with 4 enemies. Combat jank af. Bored already.

Should I start up some faction questline and go full maverick renegade on their asses? Perhaps that will make the game more entertaining. I should just get Armored Core and play a proper action game

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2023, 08:15:59 PM »
After a good intro few hours Starfield has settled into the boring ass Bethesda play pattern. Enter building, load screen, talk to one boring guy, leave building, load screen, go to vendor, load screen. Sell all my crap. Go to next waypoint. 5 more load screens talk to another loser, he sends you across the galaxy, 5 more load screens. Small firefight with 4 enemies. Combat jank af. Bored already.

Should I start up some faction questline and go full maverick renegade on their asses? Perhaps that will make the game more entertaining. I should just get Armored Core and play a proper action game

Lmao what are you doing that you are seeing so many loading screens?

No SSD or something?
What

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2023, 08:51:54 PM »
Playing on Series X :shrug:

Svejk

« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2023, 10:18:36 PM »
Tell you what ... Gonna call it out..
Been listening to the OST, and frankly, it's not that great. I would put money down that, when this was originally envisioned, Jeremy Soule was gonna get the gig.  But instead, they got that has-been Inon Zur to fart out this uninspired score.  I bet you anything that the higher ups (you know who you are) had Jeremy Soule set up for those accusations in order to have him cancelled and usher in Inon... Mainly because of this game. 

I see what's going on, Inon and crew...

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2023, 09:38:00 AM »

Don’t bother with the filler quests, just do the factions and the main quest unless you have turbo autism.
©@©™

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2023, 03:31:20 PM »
Tell you what ... Gonna call it out..
Been listening to the OST, and frankly, it's not that great. I would put money down that, when this was originally envisioned, Jeremy Soule was gonna get the gig.  But instead, they got that has-been Inon Zur to fart out this uninspired score.  I bet you anything that the higher ups (you know who you are) had Jeremy Soule set up for those accusations in order to have him cancelled and usher in Inon... Mainly because of this game. 

I see what's going on, Inon and crew...
(Image removed from quote.)

Not a huge fan. Some stuff is great though.

I do miss the more town specific music.

But Soule hasnt made anything in years, I don't think he even really went in against the accusations. Never went to trial or anything either. If I was him and I was certain of my innocence I would do anything to keep busy and stay relevant.

Soule hasnt done anything.
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2023, 03:31:54 PM »

Don’t bother with the filler quests, just do the factions and the main quest unless you have turbo autism.

Now now, the actual quests you get from NPC can be pretty good.  (Constant/Paradiso quest for instance)

Don't do any of the mission board shit though, thats just radiant quests.

Playing on Series X :shrug:
Yea havent watched any X footage yet but on PC the loads are almost instant for small sections (like a store) and 1/2 seconds in some bigger cases
What

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2023, 06:34:55 PM »
I spent a bit of time walking around Akila yesterday and enjoyed myself some more. I like the resource gathering and scanning plants and aliens, my background is space-chef so I'm focusing on all the culinary stuff. Upgrading the scanner is pretty worthwhile as well it seems.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2023, 08:58:17 AM »
I dumped most of my first 20 levels into physical so I could unlock regenerating health  :-*

Not even looked at the science ones :doge
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2023, 09:05:07 AM »
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1716740/announcements/detail/3687940304703443231

This first update is a small hotfix targeted at the few top issues were are seeing. After that, expect a regular interval of updates that have top community requested features including:

Brightness and Contrast controls
HDR Calibration Menu
FOV Slider
Nvidia DLSS Support (PC)
32:9 Ultrawide Monitor Support (PC)
Eat button for food!

We’re also working closely with Nvidia, AMD, and Intel on driver support, and each update will include new stability and performance improvements.
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2023, 12:58:13 PM »
Probably gonna try to wrap it up this weekend. I've got about 50 hours in it and I've done all the faction questlines and the main questline up through "Unearthed". It was fun, but I'm ready for Lies of P now.
©@©™

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2023, 08:51:16 AM »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2023, 11:04:05 AM »
Main story has started picking up where I am now.

RIP Sam Coe :tocry I was close to getting his companion quest too :tocry
[close]
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2023, 01:26:48 PM »
Had to get that mod

Also got a class C ship (Kepler R) through a sidemission from Walter. Very cool ship with 4000 cargo space haha.

Also installed the mando suit mod ofc

Cant read ur post yet Benny because I've only done 7 main missions so far haha

78 hours in lol havent seen shit yet I feel like
What

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2023, 04:12:13 AM »
What's the best way to farm some xp, I've played nearly 50 hrs and I'm still just level 27, completing quests doesn't give you shit :stahp
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2023, 06:49:30 AM »
What's the best way to farm some xp, I've played nearly 50 hrs and I'm still just level 27, completing quests doesn't give you shit :stahp

Survey planets?

Do the activities? Fight people? Set the difficulty to very hard (dunno if that boosts xp in combat tho)
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2023, 08:46:05 PM »
What